As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] #12: OWL Stage 3 Returns, Retribution Soon

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    As far as I know, the PotG algorithm is still "the highest-density burst of Fire points, or the best Lifesaver, Ultimate Shutdown, or Sharpshooter event, if there was no qualifying Fire burst". That's why Junkrat tires (and Mercy ressurrects, back when she had her AoE res ultimate) always seem to be PotG: it's really easy to make four people die at the exact same instant with them.

I've proposed a "narrative analysis"-type PotG algorithm in the past, but honestly making the PotG algorithm smarter is one of the lowest priorities I'd expect the Overwatch team to have.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    They should record how close a tire's destruction is to the Junkrat player's leftclick and if you destroyed the tire the millisecond they were about to blow it you get PotG.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Had a pretty awesome moment the other day as D.Va, inches away from capping last point on route 66. The enemy Junk ults right next to cart and gets three, but in the meantime I was able to boost to him, kill him, and avoid the tire, then jump on point and cap before the rest of his team got back. His tire ended up as PotG, which meant everyone got to see his sick triple kill which resulted in his death and our cap.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I had a quintuple kill on the payload as it was rounding the corner to the final point on Junktown..during overtime...and it ended the game in a victory.
    The POTG was someone getting a kill and two assist at the first checkpoint.
    whrrryyyyyy

Bless your heart.
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    don_t_be_shy__hit_me_by_akishuna_cosplay-dc8dff5.jpg

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    512?

Zarya lives in Austin?

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    512?

Zarya lives in Austin?

A quick google says 512kg is the record she set for weightlifting.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I still like the Hacksmiths version of Zarya's particle cannon better

e84ak8f8pm6c.jpg

They put a laser cutter cathode into it and it could burn and set shit on fire, too

jungleroomx on
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    The jetpack is very neat, at least.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I kind of like it, it's winston's weapon X look.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    That’s not what I was thinking of when I said I wanted a new, different Winston skin. At least Mei’s is perfect.

edited April 2018
    I am so not into mei's skin. Give her mercy's devil skins and give mercy sweater and slippers...

(I just hate mei, even though I hook deleted like 10 squishies on roadhog today which is equally BS)

soylenth on
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    I am so not into mei's skin. Give her mercy's devil skins and give mercy sweater and slippers...

Honestly, every character should have both.

Pajama party event

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Pajama party event

Pillow Fight brawl mode

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Most characters are in the 15/16/17 range of skins. Brig is new and only has 10, Doom only has 11, Sombra has 13, Orisa 13, Moira 10

How do we get space junk Winston instead of labcoat researcher Winston in the patch with 3 fancy dress Talon skins.

That is a good point tho. I've always found safari winston an odd choice vs lab coat winston to begin with

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    All this Torb talk makes me so excited for whatever fixes Blizzard are getting onto for Torb. The Hanzo rework can't come soon enough: it means Torb's time will only get sooner!

But seriously, Torbjorn was probably the most fun I had in the month after this game's release. Not the bullshit 6 Torbjorn teams, just running around giving players armour packs, firing slugs down range and occasionally whipping out the shotty. He has such a nice look and feel it's a shame he's so niche.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    How do we get space junk Winston instead of labcoat researcher Winston in the patch with 3 fancy dress Talon skins.

because literally every winston skin is "a bunch of new bullshit stapled to his costume", with the sole exception of yeti

blizzard has absolutely no idea how to design skins for a gorilla

liEt3nH.png
    edited April 2018
    Man, I'm having the weirdest time on PC right now. I've been calibrated pretty much smack bang where I am on console, so it's not that. And getting KBAM into muscle memory is the biggest headfuck I've ever had playing OW.

I can't put my finger on it, but you guys just don't do the things that I expect from console players. If I had to guess, I think it's that at any rank the PC players obviously have better aim, and as a result they will more often trust their mechanics to bail them out instead of just taking the sure bet. Chasing after 1v1s, failing to punish the easy kills, these are things I'm seeing more of. Grouping and focus fire seems less prevalent too, because I imagine similarly skilled players on PC need it a little less. I feel like a comparative strength on console is that when you know you're a shit shot you're more likely to shoot together and grab the low-hanging fruit.

Which isn't to say PC players are dumber, just differently dumb, based on the environment. I'll freely admit that playing on PC has been an education on the dangers of standing in the open against hitscan. You just don't have to respect Widows or McCrees on console Gold/Plat, so I never did.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    I think, even despite the reduced FoV, console players might group and focus fire better because it's easier to avoid tunnel visioning when your face isn't eight inches from the screen.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I think, even despite the reduced FoV, console players might group and focus fire better because it's easier to avoid tunnel visioning when your face isn't eight inches from the screen.

Maybe, but the couch console player is getting less and less prevalent. The average hardcore player's set up is much more like sitting in front of a pc these days.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Will these improve my Overwatching experience over the Arctis 7? And I mean experience. I have no expectations of leaving Gold and Silver because my lifestyle restricts me to solo queue. Overwatch relies on its own Dolby Atmos optimization.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Cantido wrote: »
    Will these improve my Overwatching experience over the Arctis 7? And I mean experience. I have no expectations of leaving Gold and Silver because my lifestyle restricts me to solo queue. Overwatch relies on its own Dolby Atmos optimization.

Do you already have headsets? If not, and you can afford it, absolutely get some. At the very least it keeps my blood pressure lower because I can hear and punish the cheeky Reapers and McCrees who think they can plod-plod-plod their way into a stupid-ass flanking ultimate. I like punishing greedy behaviour. :P

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »

Do you already have headsets? If not, and you can afford it, absolutely get some. At the very least it keeps my blood pressure lower because I can hear and punish the cheeky Reapers and McCrees who think they can plod-plod-plod their way into a stupid-ass flanking ultimate. I like punishing greedy behaviour. :P

I almost got greedy and ordered the Wireless ones, but I went with the one with the DAC, which ironically has the better audio. Its a shame. Wireless and Bluetooth is tempting.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    All of these event skins are supposed to represent these characters 'back in the day', I'm not surprised that some of these are going to be pretty rote

I was expecting Mei's red parka outfit from her cinematic rather than her pajama one, but it's cool regardless

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    All of these event skins are supposed to represent these characters 'back in the day', I'm not surprised that some of these are going to be pretty rote

I was expecting Mei's red parka outfit from her cinematic rather than her pajama one, but it's cool regardless

I thought they already added her red parka outfit?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I kind of like it, it's winston's weapon X look.

too much clothing, just needs thong and random machinery

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    What a blessing for them to give us Sexy Hanzo and Sexy Reyes in the same patch

Coinage wrote: »
    What a blessing for them to give us Sexy Hanzo and Sexy Reyes in the same patch

What would be extra sexy is having OG Reyes' voice for all his lines in that skin but they'll never do it...

lz8djmzpkgip.png

...huh.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    lz8djmzpkgip.png

...huh.

It's that old concept art skin. Do the light bars on the pant legs actually go up and down with his music like an audio bar graph display?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    lz8djmzpkgip.png

...huh.

It's that old concept art skin. Do the light bars on the pant legs actually go up and down with his music like an audio bar graph display?

Seems to be a leak - not confirmed yet, but that was my first question as well. Second question was "does it change the music?" Third question was when the fuck is Tracer getting a new skin it will be a year in June Papa Jeff Plz.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Eh, Tracer's gotten plenty of cool shit. (I honestly think her CNY one is one of the slickest reskins in the game

Huh. Shows how much I actually care for the character huh, lol

lz8djmzpkgip.png

...huh.

Seems to be a leak - not confirmed yet, but that was my first question as well. Second question was "does it change the music?" Third question was when the fuck is Tracer getting a new skin it will be a year in June Papa Jeff Plz.

Can't you just be happy playing the best hero in the game?

Can't you just be happy with that Chance?!

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited April 2018
    Eh, Tracer's gotten plenty of cool shit. (I honestly think her CNY one is one of the slickest reskins in the game

As a human being, no matter what I have, I require more. And it wouldn't be so bad if she had fewer skins but maybe doled out a bit more often - a year on bread & water is torture. Every single event this little spark of hope ignites in me and I'm like "maybe this time..!" only to be dashed on the floor.

Huh. Shows how much I actually care for the character huh, lol

Pajamei is frickin' awesome and I'm never taking it off her. It's really the only skin this event I give a single crap about. Like, I want Sombra and Moira, just 'cause, but Mei's the one I will have.

Chance on