As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] #12: OWL Stage 3 Returns, Retribution Soon

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I only had 2GB left and now I'm downloading at the rapid pace of 0.00 B/s!

Jokes on you fools!

I'm getting 2 B/s!

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Wait, they let Reaper go into the game without fixing his buffs?

Come on, dude. Like, dude, come on.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Reinhardt even gets owned in a highlight intro :(

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    you'll appreciate it in the PvE mission tho

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    Me too! I'm glad they went full on pupper mode with Orisa.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

I love the look she gives him in this

u mad?

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018

INCREDIBLE

(pls let this lead to more multi-character highlight intros)

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The new mission is pretty damn great. The story stuff leading into and out of it are great. And even the character select for it has that awesome Blizzard touch.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    lz8djmzpkgip.png

...huh.

It's that old concept art skin. Do the light bars on the pant legs actually go up and down with his music like an audio bar graph display?

Turns out that yes, they do!

• Options
    The difficulty is jacked up. I just failed 3 times on Uprising All Heroes Hard because we died to Bastions, but normal is so easy it's boring.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Oh are both events open? I thought it would be just the new one.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    McCree: "The dropship's here! Don't do anything stupid!"
    Genji: [Dives into enemies in the opposite direction. Takes a shotgun blast to the face, instant KO.]
    Reaper and Moira: [Start moving to help.]
    McCree: [Thrown off the building in the opposite direction by Heavy Assault.]
    Reaper and Moira: [Dies]
    McCree: [Shot by everything from across the map.]
    McCree: [Dies]

Guys, what did McCree just say

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Nobody ever listens to McCree

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular

Well c'mon, it's never been 12:00 - he's shady at best.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    All of Reyes' voice lines were re-recorded for his Blackwatch skin for Archives, but sadly they don't apply to his Blackwatch skin for regular games.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

Well c'mon, it's never been 12:00 - he's shady at best.

Well I'm not touching that Diner coffee.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    McCree's Lifeguard skin now says "It's High Tide!" when he ults

Zenyatta's Nutcracker skin now says "Experience Festivities!" when he ults, further solidifying it as the best skin in the game.

• Options
    Papa Jeff shared this teaser of the potential direction of Symmetra rework
    D0uUC5r.png
    wat

• Options
    Maybe Teleporter is getting the Mercy rez treatment? Significantly shorter cooldown, ports back 1/2/3 people per use?

Anyone know how to handle the heavy specials in Retribution? The only method I can see is for whoever they're focus firing to line of sight or Genji reflect and then shift aggro to someone else.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Well I just saw this comment on Reddit
    My team ran Orisa, DVA, Mei, and Moira and beat Legendary. Basically save your Orisa ultimate for any Heavy, have Mei constantly freeze and Moira always healing. When Orisa's shield breaks, have either Mei wall or DVA matrix the incoming damage. Push through the map very slowly so as not to get overwhelmed by respawns. Overall it took us about 25-30 minutes to beat but its definitely doable!
    I don't know about the base mode, I only played it on normal which was pretty easy

Coinage on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I think the message we're meant to take from that card is that it's a lot of teleports with very low uptime - so I'm guessing a single-use teleporter on cooldown. That would make her a little more flexible about moving with the front line in offense; she can wait until someone's respawning and throw it up for them at the right moment. I'm curious what they take away from her to compensate for that though. Probably a nerf to the death beam.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »
    I think the message we're meant to take from that card is that it's a lot of teleports with very low uptime - so I'm guessing a single-use teleporter on cooldown. That would make her a little more flexible about moving with the front line in offense; she can wait until someone's respawning and throw it up for them at the right moment. I'm curious what they take away from her to compensate for that though. Probably a nerf to the death beam.

After the profound boredom that is Valkyrie 3.0, I weep for whatever they're gonna' do to Sym's ult.

• Options
    Well I just saw this comment on Reddit
    My team ran Orisa, DVA, Mei, and Moira and beat Legendary. Basically save your Orisa ultimate for any Heavy, have Mei constantly freeze and Moira always healing. When Orisa's shield breaks, have either Mei wall or DVA matrix the incoming damage. Push through the map very slowly so as not to get overwhelmed by respawns. Overall it took us about 25-30 minutes to beat but its definitely doable!
    I don't know about the base mode, I only played it on normal which was pretty easy

Iirc you have to do it with the stock heroes for the achievement. Atleast you did for the Junkenstein and Uprising events.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

It seems easier than last year, managed hard in the first try

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Let's switch all the heroes E and Q. Tracer rewinds you to spawn, Genji becomes a Winston sized reflective ball, Mei creates a permanent wall that cannot be destroyed (cannot be used in locations that would make the game unwinnable), etc.

• Options
    Tracer ult already rewinds people to spawn. :P

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    What a blessing for them to give us Sexy Hanzo and Sexy Reyes in the same patch

Omg, ridiculously sexy

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Well, patience has paid off. With the coins I saved up, I bought the rest of the old skins except for Torb's Ironclad, and I got Soldier 24 in a box, and used my last 3000 on Moira's Blackwatch Skin. So I just have to collect the rest of Talon next year and I still have about 8 guaranteed boxes before the end. One of the others had 500 coins so my luck with boxes is good with 2 out of the first 7.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Hard mode vanilla Retribution. I'm Reyes. Our McCree drops after the breach, but Genji and Moira and I stick together and kick ass the whole way through to the end. We clear the entire final area without trouble, the dropship arrives, and the plea goes out not to do something stupid.

I call to group up, and stand in the dropship.

Genji ults, and dives at the enemies. Moira goes with him, and instantly dies to the Heavy.

I jump off the dropship, and with clever positioning of pillars, get Moira half-rezzed before the Heavy comes around the corner and starts to unload at me. I go wraith form to finish rezzing Moira, and immediately teleport back up to the high ground, calling to group up!

Group up!

Group up!

Moira attacks, and dies. Genji attacks, and dies.

I go in to try to rez again, and die.

Thanks!

• Options
    Really liking the new pve. Only whetting my app for more story-based co-op tbh

• Options
    Juat had that same final wipe. Nobody had sense enough to just get in the dropship. Insane.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

After the profound boredom that is Valkyrie 3.0, I weep for whatever they're gonna' do to Sym's ult.

Yeah, I'm a little worried this will be an exact repeat of Valkyrie.

Much like Rez, Teleporter was always OP as shit EXCEPT that no competent team lets it stay up. So it's broken except when it simply doesn't work. If they're trying to find a way to make it work then it'll just be broken.

Unless they've changed how it works.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    This new Reaper is fake as fuck. Get rid of the cancel or remove the auto reload (or get rid of the reaping health regen), you can't have all of it. But this is Blizzard so they can't admit they're wrong and take anything back.

• Options
    I am not enjoying the increased number of Meis and Doomfists in my game I tell you hwat

• Options
    Moira's commentary is best in story mission: you two are adorable.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I am not enjoying the increased number of Meis and Doomfists in my game I tell you hwat

I'm going to enjoy being one of them!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    This new Reaper is fake as fuck. Get rid of the cancel or remove the auto reload (or get rid of the reaping health regen), you can't have all of it. But this is Blizzard so they can't admit they're wrong and take anything back.

nah it's actually fine

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I was very underwhelmed by this event. Just like... hey, run through this and kill mooks. Now harder mooks! And more mooks. Really lacking the flavor charm the other PvE had to prop it up.

On the bright side, more silly highlights:

https://youtu.be/IuHXBO1LKWI

https://youtu.be/-ccpZQHRlvA

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So is it only 1 new map?

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

Sym is one of my favorite heros, so I'm concerned they're going to screw her up even more than Mercy and D'Va. :/