As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arrow] Team Arrow Appreciation Thread

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Is there every going to be a season of Flash where the big bad isn't a speedster? 2 for 2 so far and s3 is looking to make it 3 for 3.

Season 4 (finally) has your back!

But not too much because the big bad still sucks.
    I have a deep hatred of villains where, no matter what the hero does, it is always “all according to their plans.”

Raynaga wrote: »
    Yeah, it could have been done very well. It isn't the idea so much, it's the execution.

I think the biggest problem is I didn’t particularly like anyone on the JV squad except Curtis prior to this. Rene was getting there this season with some excellent character development, but this plot line ruined that. Because of that they didn’t earn the goodwill to do this plot line. I can’t like the plot line when I actively hate one side of it.

I’m to the point where I hope the season ends with the JV squad leaving forever and we get speedy back permanently.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Is there every going to be a season of Flash where the big bad isn't a speedster? 2 for 2 so far and s3 is looking to make it 3 for 3.

Season 4 (finally) has your back!

But not too much because the big bad still sucks.
    I have a deep hatred of villains where, no matter what the hero does, it is always “all according to their plans.”

Raynaga wrote: »
    Yeah, it could have been done very well. It isn't the idea so much, it's the execution.

I think the biggest problem is I didn’t particularly like anyone on the JV squad except Curtis prior to this. Rene was getting there this season with some excellent character development, but this plot line ruined that. Because of that they didn’t earn the goodwill to do this plot line. I can’t like the plot line when I actively hate one side of it.

I’m to the point where I hope the season ends with the JV squad leaving forever and we get speedy back permanently.

I am also on this train currently.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    More Speedy is always the correct answer.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Colton Haynes returning as regular next season, while Willa Holland is out.
    Colton Haynes is officially returning to Arrow full time.

The Teen Wolf alum has closed a new deal to return to The CW drama as a series regular in the Greg Berlanti-produced DC Comics drama's recently announced seventh season.

"We’re very fortunate and excited to welcome back Colton to Arrow. While we've always enjoyed Colton’s returns to the show, we couldn’t be more thrilled to have him return as a proper series regular, and we’re very excited about all the creative opportunities Roy Harper’s return affords us," the Arrow exec producers said in a joint statement.

Haynes recurred in the first season of the Stephen Amell drama, playing Roy Harper (aka Arsenal). He was promoted to series regular for seasons two and three, leaving in the latter but returning as a guest star in season four. After skipping all of season five, he returned this season in a guest capacity.

"I could not be happier to return to my role as Roy Harper alongside my Arrow family,” Haynes said.

The actor rejoins Arrow as the series recently bid farewell to original series regular Willa Holland. While still being credited as a series regular, Holland for the past two seasons has had a contractually reduced role. This season, she appeared in 10 of the show's 16 episodes aired. In season five, Holland's Thea — Oliver's younger sister — was in 14 of its 23 episodes. Her last episode was March 29.

Holland's exit leaves only Amell (Oliver/Arrow), David Ramsey (Diggle/Spartan) and Paul Blackthorne (Detective Lance) as original series regulars from the pilot. (Emily Bett Rickards recurred in season one before being promoted to regular in season two and was not in the pilot.)

Haynes, whose credits also include Scream Queens and American Horror Story as well as features Rough Night and San Andreas, is repped by UTA, Untitled Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    How the hell does he come back full time without
    Thea?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Speedforce.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    I’m so conflicted right now...

• Options
    Re: last episode
    I feel like we’re getting forced Diggle drama now because no one cared about the forced JV squad drama and they need to save their planned season long through line. So now we have Diggle acting whinny and out of character because he really wanted to wear the hood.

Also that multiple people had to tell Oliver, the guy who fought and killed Damian Darkh and Raz Al Ghoul, that generic overacting Drug Lord #6 was “unlike anything he’s ever faced before” makes me want to beat my head against a wall.

I’ve always really liked Arrow, even more so than Flash, but this season’s been rough. Like Flash S2 rough.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    This season started off so strong, making me continue to really love the whole JV squad.

But man, they've really blown that Goodwill over the last 6 episodes or so.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    This season started off so strong, making me continue to really love the whole JV squad.

But man, they've really blown that Goodwill over the last 6 episodes or so.

I feel like they made me finally come around on Mad Dog at the start of the season just to blow it. I would have been happier if the majority of the season just stayed focused on the trial.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I must be the only one who remains a Dinah Drake fan. She's reminds me of a Huntress who wasn't turned into a cop killer. They went made her too evil to be a hero. :(

• Options
    Baron Of HellBaron Of Hell Registered User regular
    I like her character. I think she is one of the more believable characters.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    They need to cancel Arrow and split the cast amongst the remaining shows. Well, other than Oliver and Felicity. Those two can just stay very far away unless there's some kind of crossover.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I liked Arrow but after stopping
    A nuclear holocaust, the big bad being a crime lord is just a bit underwhelming. Adrian Chase had a personal reason to hate Oliver which was a good contrast but Diaz is.....eh

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    A nuclear holocaust, the big bad being a crime lord is just a bit underwhelming. Adrian Chase had a personal reason to hate Oliver which was a good contrast but Diaz is.....eh
    I'm okay with them scaling the threat back a little bit, otherwise by seasons 5 or 6 you end up with your crime-fighters having to save reality from an omnicidal deity or something.
    With arrows.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »
    I'm okay with them scaling the threat back a little bit, otherwise by seasons 5 or 6 you end up with your crime-fighters having to save reality from an omnicidal deity or something.
    With arrows.

Movie available in cinemas near you this summer.

• Options
    Naah, just let Felicity handle it, she's got just the app on her tablet!

sig.gif
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I watched the first episode of season 5 and wasn't feeling it. Maybe it's because I had been watching an episode every day (alternating with the Flash) and was getting burned out. Not sure really. I know I didn't want to watch another season of the Flash were characters had been "reset" due to time travel shenanigans.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I've also been a bit disappointed with the season overall but still enjoy the time spent with the show. However, my wife sort of ruined the last episode. Spoiler for an unbelievable ending to that episode.
    So my wife says to me:
    "So Earth 2 Laurel read a law book overnight and recommended a law strategy to the person who was just fired as district attorney. Shouldn't he have totally already known about that legal attack? So stupid"

And that kind of made me facepalm. Look, if you want to keep Katie Cassidy on the show it's time to kill Earth 2 Laurel and go get a non evil Laurel from a different Earth.

• Options
    I kind of want to quote myself about Laurel again.

And also, poor judge.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    This season of Arrow had a lot of flaws, but I respect them for taking a lot of risks and trying something new.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm going to wait to see what happens next:
    I'm worried that they're going to go with yet another "He's not Green Arrow, I'm Green Arrow!", and the world just conveniently forgets about it.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    I don't know if that will be a problem really. In the finale we see
    Diggle with his hand on the case which contains the other Green Arrow outfit. I'm sure he'll don the mantle and keep fighting and it will call into question whether Oliver was really the Green Arrow or not. Enough doubt will be cast that Oliver will somehow be released from prison. That's one way I could see it anyhow.

I'm also kind pissed that about a month ago I read about Paul Blackthorne leaving the show. As soon as Quentin was shot I knew he wasn't making it out of the episode.

So is Earth 2 Laurel going to leave with Sara and maybe go join the Legends? Seems like that show always needs an almost irredeemable person to try to turn around each season. I mean really, what's keeping Laurel in Star City? No one on team Arrow is going to trust her and without Quentin she has no attachment to anything there. Keeping Laurel around and free with Dinah Drake is probably not a good idea either. I think the constant "I still don't trust her" would get annoying. Plus I think seeing near evil Laurel get the boy scout "hi nice to meet you" treatment from Ray would be fun.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I find it funny that one of the early pitches for a Green Arrow show was called

spoilers for finale
    SuperMax, seeing as how that is where Oliver ended up.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    I wonder if they'll adapt that old screenplay for the beginning of next season.

• Options
    RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular
    I really wish they would stop doing the
    *character gets hospitalized*
    "You're going to be just fine"
    then
    Surprise! You're dead!
    It's insulting.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    then
    Surprise! You're dead!
    It's insulting.

Well, in real life
    if your friend or family member goes into surgery, you're not going to tell them that there's a 50/50 chance they're going to make it out alive.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    then
    Surprise! You're dead!
    It's insulting.

Well, in real life
    if your friend or family member goes into surgery, you're not going to tell them that there's a 50/50 chance they're going to make it out alive.

No, of course. Maybe my sarcastic shorthand was too short. My objection is the show
    making it seem like the character will be just fine. Just like with Laurel. Only to pull the rug out seemingly at random. It feels cheap and obvious.

Rhinocerous on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yay SDCC! Yay trailers!
    Bedigunz wrote: »

This ... looks like it'll pretty good? Wonder how long this status quo will be kept

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm just glad they kept Wild Dog around. Even with the stupid team vs team story from last season, Wild Dog is one of my favorite new characters.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Y'all want some episode titles?
    4sawkodm8hat.jpg

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    I'm having a really hard time remembering who these characters in prison are.

It's great that they want to do homages to reward the dedicated fan base. But it just makes me realize how much of this show I've completely forgotten.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    The only one I remembered immediately was Bronze Tiger.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    The only one I remembered immediately was Bronze Tiger.

I remember Cody Rhodes and his ongoing feud with the Green Arrow.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    I knew brick but continue to have no idea who the others are.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh man. So they have that dude with the shield.

They specifically go out of their way to show that shield is also bladed and sharp for whatever reason. Like sharp enough that he just cuts through a rifle like warm butter.

And then the very next second uppercuts a guy with the edge of the same damn shield so hard IN THE BARE FACE he gets launched back and yet isn't now missing half his head.

At least try to have a little consistency in the same damn fight scene.

• Options
    So... possible lead up to No Man's Land?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Am I alone in thinking they're pushing the Beebo thing just a bit too hard?
    I mean, he showed up in Super Girl on Sunday, now he's in Arrow, pretty sure he came up in Flash recently too.

It feels like they're building up to a big merch push on Beebo, given the time of year it is.
    Though, if I'm being honest, i'm pretty surprised there isn't already Beebo merch somewhere.

• Options
    Bebo and Big Belly Burger are the universal invariants.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Tonight’s episode:
    Enjoyed seeing Talia back (and her off handed comment about someone in Gotham putting her there). It’d be nice if she stuck around.