As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[God of War] I'm mad, but I ain't stressin'

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0u_kAWLJOA
Kratos is back, and now he's the last of us, cause there's a little guy and some woods and now it's Norse gods

He may or may not still be mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOE2BVRCUkM
also there's this guy which is probably just a wider mythology thing but I just think of Dark Souls

but the main reason I make a thread now is

game good

6F32U1X.png

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I'm so hyped for this.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've had this pre-ordered for month.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I will play this eventually. probably later this year. I've got to much to catch up on.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I wish this was coming out on other things besides PS4 because holy shit is it cleaning up in the reviews

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Damn it
    When's this out? I won't be able to fit it into my schedule right away

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Damn it
    When's this out? I won't be able to fit it into my schedule right away

I think it is out on weed day

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Yakuza 6 comes first, cause that's out on Tuesday and this is out on Friday

6F32U1X.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yup, it's getting released on 4/20.

sig.gif
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I can’t wait for this to stare at me from the shelf while I spend three weeks beating Yakuza 6

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    YaYa wrote: »

I can’t wait for this to stare at me from the shelf while I spend three weeks beating Yakuza 6

I'm doing God of War first, as that seems to have the highest likelihood for shitheads (and that does include writers on gaming sites throwing up analysis articles with spoilers in the screencap or headlines) to spoil cool moments for me while I'm still playing Yakuza 6.

I can't imagine that Yakuza 6 is going to have much in the way of thinkpieces or analysis articles.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    There's a GoW Playstation Bundle too, in case someone hasn't gotten either yet.

sig.gif
    I'm probably gonna wait to play this til I get a Pro, maybe?

6F32U1X.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Polygon's review makes this sound incredible
    Damn it I guess I'll have to make time for it

oh jeez that review is from Chris Plante too, who has pretty high standards when it comes to games

6F32U1X.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    This came out of nowhere for me.

The original E3 trailer intrigued me, but then I forgot about it. Then game writers started hinting that the game may be more than just "good" and now a lot of people I trust are calling it amazing.

Excited!

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I’ve been hyped for this since that first trailer.

The fact that the embargo is up over a week in advance means Sony knows what it has on its hands right now.

Sony is really killing it in the exclusives department. Two big ones just next week. That's nuts.

ygPIJ.gif
    The fact that the embargo is up over a week in advance means Sony knows what it has on its hands right now.

Sony is really killing it in the exclusives department. Two big ones just next week. That's nuts.

don't worry, Detroit'll ruin the streak next month

6F32U1X.png
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    The praise this game is getting is wild, it's always looked good but every review is glowing, I can't wait

PSN- AHermano
    However it does make me wonder what a year from now we'll look back on this game that's getting 10s everywhere and go "well obviously this part of it was super shitty"

6F32U1X.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Need to get this. I enjoy all these games. Even the ones that aren't so great.

BLM - ACAB
    Also, Santa Monica Studios right now have to feel fucking good.

Before it was announced who would have thought that they would not only somehow be able to get people excited about God of War, but actually somehow evolve the game and character to the degree that the reviews are praising it for.

don't worry, Detroit'll ruin the streak next month

Yes, but then I'll get to watch the Best Friends suffer through it so it'll be a net gain for me.
    However it does make me wonder what a year from now we'll look back on this game that's getting 10s everywhere and go "well obviously this part of it was super shitty"

Eh, scores are nonsense to me. It's the text I'm reading that has me amped. Every game, even the ones I unabashedly love, has a section where I'm all "yeah fuck that bit that bit sucks" (Persona 5, Nier Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn). I think the only game I've played that escaped that problem for me was Titanfall 2, and even if that game had a bad part the nature of the game's pacing meant that you were past the annoying bit within 5 minutes.

ygPIJ.gif
  • kriegskriegs Registered User regular
    Thank you for finally giving me an excuse to get a PS4 Pro.

*bundle pre-ordered*

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Put me in the ‘was expecting good, but not this good’ camp. Day 1 purchase for sure

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Patrick's review at Waypoint is a mess, needs some of that Brad Shoemaker TLC I hear so much about. It's a good mess but a rambling, shambling one and at one point, I thought the article had broken because there was phrase just copy pasted again.

I just rewatched the 2016 trailer.

Man, that was a hell of a reveal, in hindsight its no surprise that the game seemed to turned out as amazing as it did.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I never played the others, but I'm 100% down for Dad of War

It looked great right from the announcement, and everything I've seen about the son, axe, and skills sounds amazing

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I know almost nothing about this game and I intend on keeping it way until 4/20

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Sigh

I was fully prepared to wave this off but it sounds like they’ve made Kratos into a character that I won’t find completely off-putting

I wonder how much of the pantheon you fight. Thor? Loki? Odin?

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'm assuming the big snake is Jormungandr.

The sea serpent that Thor ultimately falls to in Norse mythology's Ragnarok.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I just remembered that ascension, chains of Olympus, and ghost of Sparta were on PS+, though I guess only the first of those is on PS3.

Is that one pretty good / worth checking out?

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    They're all fine, I guess. The formula was so played out by that time, though. I hear Ascension's multi was fun.

If you just want to mash square and then rip some heads off with circle, it's another one of those GoW games that will let you do that. And it is also very clearly the final straw, the very same type of sameness that prompted this revival and reconstruction of the series.

"This is the Darksiders sequel I always wanted" -Jeff Gerstmann

This is gonna be the longest fucking week.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So it sounds like the reviewers have good things to say about the story in addition to the gameplay? I think I might have to pre-order this on Amazon to snag that 20% discount from Prime.

Also finding that a LOT of people who were apprehensive about the kid's presence are saying that he's very much not being a kid and getting in the way or being stupid, even assisting Kratos from time to time. So, yeah, points.

And in case no one's seen it yet, here's the Dad of War PS4 Pro.
    72qPyJW.jpg

sig.gif
    well shit, I put down some money on this

I don't know how I'm gonna balance both this and Yakuza, but goddamnit I'm gonna try

hearing it's actually a Zelda game, which means it's actually Darksiders, was too enticing

6F32U1X.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Yesterday's Waypoint Radio was mainly about God of War and a good listen if you're side-eyeing all the perfect or near-perfect scores coming out

Spoiler: Austin definitely has a cooler reaction to the game than everyone else does

AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Yesterday's Waypoint Radio was mainly about God of War and a good listen if you're side-eyeing all the perfect or near-perfect scores coming out

Spoiler: Austin definitely has a cooler reaction to the game than everyone else does

Ok, well, good to know it's not broken, then.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    "This is the Darksiders sequel I always wanted" -Jeff Gerstmann

This is gonna be the longest fucking week.

Wait

Wait

Wait

What

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126