As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo eShop] So many classic games, so little time to play them all.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    This weeks' eShop update

Switch Download

A Hole New World – $9.99
    ACA NeoGeo Real Bout Fatal Fury – $7.99
    Bit Dungeon Plus – $8.99
    Bleed 2 – $14.99
    Coffin Dodgers – $12.99 (available March 13)
    Danmaku Unlimited 3 – $14.99 (available March 13)
    Earthlock – $29.90
    Flinthook – $9.99 (available March 9)
    I, Zombie – $4.99
    The Men of Yoshiwara: Ohgiya – $14.99
    Midnight Deluxe – $3.99
    One Eyed Kutkh – $4.99 (available March 9)
    Spiral Splatter – $4.99 (available March 13)
    Spy Chameleon – $7.99 (available March 9)
    Steredenn: Binary Stars – $12.99
    The Trail: Frontier Challenge – $14.99
    TurtlePop: Journey to Freedom – $19.99 (available March 9)
    World Conqueror X – $8.99

New 3DS Download

Brick Thru – $1.49

eShop Sales

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
    Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities

Turn Gold Points into Games: Members of My Nintendo, Nintendo’s free rewards program, have a new way to use their rewards points. Members can now redeem Gold Points toward the purchase of digital games (and DLC!) for the Nintendo Switch system, whether they buy on Nintendo.com or Nintendo eShop on the system (where available). Learn more about the program and this update at https://my.nintendo.com/about_gold_point.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Flinthook is great, I like Earthlock in all its dumb PS1-RPGness, and Spy Chameleon is actually a nice little “dodge the spotlight” game.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Oh shit, Flinthook is only gonna be 10? Nice.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Ugh, it's actually $15.

...might still go ahead and buy it, but I'm already planning $25 for Deep Rock Galactic this weekend, and I spent $15 on Into the Breach, so maybe I should just cool my jets for a bit.

This weeks' eShop update

Switch Retail

Attack on Titan 2 – $59.99 (available March 20)
    Kirby Star Allies – $59.99 (available March 16)

Switch Download

ACA NeoGeo Aero Fighters 3 – $7.99
    Bad Dudes – $9.99 (available March 21)
    Bingo – $4.99
    Clustertruck – $14.99
    Enchanting Mahjong Match – $4.99
    Gem Smashers – $14.99
    Last Day of June – $19.99 (available March 16)
    The Long Reach – $14.99
    Neonwall – $9.99
    Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – $19.99 (available March 20)
    Sparkle 3 Genesis – $4.49
    Swim Out – $5.99 (available March 20)
    Tesla vs Lovecraft – $14.99 (available March 16)
    WorldNeverland – Elnea Kingdom – $29.99

Switch DLC

Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion – INKoming DLC! Play as an Octoling for the very first time in this large-scale downloadable content for the Splatoon 2 game. This full-on single-player adventure launches this summer and spans 80 missions starring Agent 8, a new character who awakens on a dark subway platform. Navigate this mysterious underground test facility in a desperate battle to reach the surface of Inkopolis. Escape from these twisted depths, and you’ll finally be able to join multiplayer matches as an Octoling! You may think you know everything about the world of Splatoon, but these waters run deep, and so does the lore. Octo Expansion launches this summer, but players can purchase this content in advance today for $19.99 for immediate access to special octo-themed in-game gear. (The full game is required to use the DLC. Additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode.)

Switch Demos

Deep Ones (available March 19)
    Plantera Deluxe
    TorqueL: Physics Modified Edition
    Vostok Inc.

eShop Sales

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities

My Nintendo March Rewards – My Nintendo is celebrating March with Mario-themed rewards! Redeem your points and get these rewards:
    Mario’s Mighty Mustache Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme
    Mario Wallpaper (red)
    Mario Wallpaper (white)
    Official Prima eGuides for the Super Mario 3D Land and Paper Mario: Sticker Star games
    30 percent discount on Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo 3DS)
    30 percent discount on Mario Party 10 (Wii U)
    40 percent discount on New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo 3DS)
    40 percent discount on Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (Nintendo 3DS)
    30 percent discount on Mario& Luigi: Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS)
    40 percent discount on Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS)
    30 percent discount on Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
    40 percent discount on Dr. Luigi (Wii U)
    40 percent discount on Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Hell yeah, Bad Dudes

This weeks' eShop update

Switch Download

ACA NeoGeo World Heroes 2 Jet – $7.99
    Arcade Archives Moon Patrol – $7.99
    Castle of Heart – $14.99
    Eat Beat Deadspike-san – $6.99
    Gekido Kintaro’s Revenge – $12.99
    No Thing – $1.99
    OPUS: Rocket of Whispers – $8.10
    Outlast 2 – $29.99 (available March 27)
    Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut – $14.99
    Sol Divide – $7.99
    Warp Shift – $9.99 (available March 27)

Switch DLC

Pokkén Tournament DX Battle Pack Wave 2 – The Pokkén Tournament DX Battle Pack grants immediate access to Avatar items upon purchase and two waves of DLC as they are released. The Battle Pack contains two new Battle Pokémon and two new Support Pokémon Sets. With these Pokémon joining the fray, the battle is just getting started! Wave 1 released on Jan. 31, 2018, and contains Battle Pokémon Aegislash, a new Support Pokémon set featuring Mega Rayquaza and Mimikyu, and additional Avatar items. Wave 2 releases on March 23, 2018, and contains Battle Pokémon Blastoise, a new Support Pokémon set featuring Mew and Celebi, and additional Avatar items. Full version of game required to use DLC.

Switch Demo

Metropolis: Lux Obscura

3DS Retail

The Alliance Alive – $39.99 (available March 27)
    Detective Pikachu – $39.99 (available March 23)

eShop Sales

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities

My Nintendo Presents Nindie Game Gold Point Rewards Vol. 4 – Got Gold Points? Get select games! My Nintendo users can now redeem Gold Points for some fun indie games on Nintendo platforms. For a limited time, you can redeem points to download select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games from our talented independent developers. Users will receive a download code that is redeemable in Nintendo eShop. Please visit https://my.nintendo.com/news for more details.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Moon Patrol?! YES!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    This weeks' eShop update

Switch Retail

Atelier Lydie & Suelle ~The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings~ – $59.99
    Penny-Punching Princess – $39.99 (available April 3)

Switch Download

ACA NeoGeo Sengoku 3 – $7.99
    The Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1: A Dreadly Business – $4.99
    Alteric – $4.49 (available March 30)
    ClusterPuck 99 – $9.99
    Devious Dungeon – $6.79 (available March 30)
    Farm Expert 2018 for Nintendo Switch – $29.99 (available March 30)
    Gotcha Racing 2nd – $9.99
    Metropolis: Lux Obscura – $7.19 (available April 4)
    Shadow Bug – $8.99 (available March 30)
    Spartan – $11.99 (available April 1)
    Tengai – $7.99
    Toki Tori – $4.49 (available March 30)
    Zombillie – $4.99

Switch Demo

10 Second Run RETURNS

DLC/Updates

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – New DLC is releasing for owners of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass. Buy the Expansion Pass to gain access to titanic new content, including the pack below and a new story this fall. To learn more, visit the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 site. (Full version of game required to use DLC.)

New Quests Pack 2 – Launching at 10 p.m. PT today
    Nopon of Good Tastes (Talk to Bipopo near Galad Residential Zone in Gormott. Available after adding Poppi.)
    Cleared of All Charges (Talk to Strath in Fonsett, Leftheria. Requires Perun, Godfrey and Perceval.)
    Beneath the Aurora (Talk to Len at Rigitte Harbor in Leftheria. Available from Chapter 6.)
    Upgrades and Tinkering (Examine the table in Tora’s house. Requires Tora. Available from Chapter 8.)
    Most Awful News?! (Stay at the inn in Tantal. Requires Finch’s Birdbrain Lv.3 and Zeke. Available from Chapter 10.)

Fire Emblem Warriors Season Pass (for Nintendo Switch/New Nintendo 3DS) – Expand your Fire Emblem Warriors adventure with DLC. All three DLC Packs for the Fire Emblem Warriors game are now available! Here’s what’s in the new Fire Emblem Awakening DLC pack release: three new playable characters (Owain, Tharja and Olivia), three new History Maps, new costumes, new armor break models, new support conversations, new weapons and new weapon attributes. If you already purchased the Season Pass, this DLC Pack, as well as the Fire Emblem Fates Pack and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon Pack, are available to you at no additional cost. The Fire Emblem Warriors Season Pass, as well as the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC Pack, can be purchased on the game’s site. Note: new costumes, character-exclusive weapons and weapon attributes must be unlocked as rewards from playing through the new History Maps. The full version of the game is required to use the DLC.

3DS Download

Dodge Club Pocket – $4.99
    Waku Waku Sweets: Happy Sweets Making – $24.99
    Witch & Hero 3 – $3.99

Wii U Download

Spellcaster’s Assistant – $3.99

eShop Sales

Activities

Don’t forget to redeem your Gold Points toward your purchase of the game. For more info about My Nintendo rewards, visit https://my.nintendo.com. For more information about ARMS, head to https://arms.nintendo.com/.

Upcoming ARMS Events –Exciting new ARMS events are stretching your way! It’s hard to believe, but ARMS, the stretchy fighting game for the Nintendo Switch system, is almost a year old. Whether you’re a newcomer to the game or a seasoned veteran, there’s no better time to get into the game, thanks to three upcoming ARMS events:

ARMS U.S. & CANADA ONLINE OPEN – After fighting through a tough online qualifier, eight top ARMS players and four alternates will meet in the online finals at 10 a.m. PT on March 31. The finals will be streamed online for all to see, so be sure to check it out.

ARMS Global Testpunch – A global Testpunch demo for the ARMS game, which lets Nintendo Switch owners try out select modes for free, will be running for three days starting at 9 p.m. PT on March 30 and ending at 8:59 p.m. PT on April 2. To participate, players just have to download the Testpunch in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch.

Save on ARMS – Ready to buy? Starting at 9 p.m. PT on March 30, you can get the ARMS game for 30 percent off in Nintendo eShop or on Nintendo.com. Act fast, though, as the sale ends at 8:59 a.m. PT on April 6.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Wait, so then when does this come out, if it's not listed for yesterday?

https://youtu.be/fhX91_8oER0

https://youtu.be/9IYsx0xzdys

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Still TBA here, just came out in Japan

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Makes me wonder if they'll ever re-release Arm Wrestling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0peV24Hvm4E

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
    This weeks' eShop update

Switch Download

The Adventure Pals – $14.99
    ACA NeoGeo Samurai Shodown III – $7.99
    Animated Jigsaws: Beautiful Japanese Scenery – $9.99
    Arcade Archives Ninja-Kid – $7.99
    Bombslinger – $11.99 (available April 11)
    The Bunker – $12.99 (available April 9)
    Deep Ones (available April 11)
    Infernium – $24.95
    Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Bad Dudes – $7.99
    Masters of Anima – $17.99 (available April 10)
    Octocopter: Double or Squids – $2.99
    Sally’s Law – $11.99
    Sling Ming – $11.99
    Splat the Fruit – $9.99 (available April 6)
    Sumer – $14.99
    Super Daryl Deluxe – $19.99 (available April 10)
    Super Rocket Shootout – $9.99
    Urban Trial Playground – $19.99

Switch Demos

Black Hole
    I and Me
    Word Search by POWGI

New 3DS Download

Alter World – $1.99

3DS Demo

Detective Pikachu – Special Demo Version – Crack the case in the new Detective Pikachu game by interacting with a unique, tough-talking Pikachu! As Tim Goodman, you’ll partner with a self-proclaimed “great detective” Pikachu to solve strange occurrences all over Ryme City. Together you must investigate, take notes and meet up with other Pokémon to unravel the city’s greatest mysteries! Game in 2D.

This demo covers a portion of the first chapter of the game. Save data is transferable to the full version of the game once purchased.

For a limited time, players who purchase the Detective Pikachu game from Nintendo eShop, Nintendo.com or select retailers will receive a bonus download code* for a Detective Pikachu theme for the HOME Menu on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Offer ends April 22, 2018. Learn more at https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/detective-pikachu-3ds#special-offers

*Code expires Dec. 31, 2018.

eShop Sales

Last Chance: 30 percent off ARMS for Nintendo Switch – Looking for a whole new way to fight? Get 30 percent off the ARMS game for the Nintendo Switch system until April 6 at 8:59 a.m. PT.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Fuck, forgot the Global Testpunch was a thing last weekend.
    Eh.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    ...very tempted by Bad Dudes, but why is it linked to Johnny Turbo?

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    According to this, the guy behind these Data East arcade game releases also owns the rights to the Johnny Turbo mascot which was apparently based on him.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    According to this, the guy behind these Data East arcade game releases also owns the rights to the Johnny Turbo mascot which was apparently based on him.

....well, we managed to get a new Furby game, so what the hell. Johnny Turbo all up ins, or something.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    Nintendo sent me a birthday coupon, and one of the applicable games is Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. This is a bit disappointing to me, since I had thought Birthright looked more interesting. I wonder how Nintendo chose the games they did. But anyway...

I know I can get Birthright at a discount if I get Conquest, but was curious: Do I get a chance to remake my character prior to starting Birthright? If I did decide to go all-in (and I'm not sure I want to), am I stuck with the same character for both campaigns, or do they let you reset everything when following the alternate storyline? Or does stuff carry over to the other campaign, and I'd lose stuff if I started with a new character?

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    Nintendo sent me a birthday coupon, and one of the applicable games is Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. This is a bit disappointing to me, since I had thought Birthright looked more interesting. I wonder how Nintendo chose the games they did. But anyway...

I know I can get Birthright at a discount if I get Conquest, but was curious: Do I get a chance to remake my character prior to starting Birthright? If I did decide to go all-in (and I'm not sure I want to), am I stuck with the same character for both campaigns, or do they let you reset everything when following the alternate storyline? Or does stuff carry over to the other campaign, and I'd lose stuff if I started with a new character?

You can restart or whatever you wanna do. The discount is for the full game, so honestly, you could buy Conquest, not even play it, then get the discounted Birthright and start with that game if you wanted.

Also I believe you are starting a new character every time anyways, there isn't like a carry over or anything

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    Thanks for the info!

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Rex Dart wrote: »

Fates actually has three story paths(Conquest, Birthright, Revelations), the middle path is only available via DLC once you actually have at least one of the two main games(or managing to get the launch-clusterfuck of a Special Edition). You can't change your face or hair color once you commit, but you'll be able to change your hairstyle later(and hairpin if you're female).

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Nintendo sent me the birthday coupon last month now it was an imporvment over last year's but still I had the games I was interested in

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Have you seen the Bad Dudes trailer?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2muGrge_iLc

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    I read a review, and this version sounds lacking. No way to play without a filter of some kind, and apparently there's a charge move in the original that doesn't work here?

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think the glowing charge punch was only in the NES game?

uyvfOQy.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I think the glowing charge punch was only in the NES game?

Nope, it's 100% in the arcade game too.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    That CRT filter looks like crap. It's not bad enough to muddy the graphics, they had to mess up the aspect ratio too.

Kreutz on
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Checking a review there's at least an option to have it display at 4:3 ratio, don't know why they don't have that as the setting for the screenshots on the eshop.

Trading a bunch of Dunkaroos for a copy of Data East Collection on Wii is a decision that continues to pay dividends, apparently.

This weeks' eShop update

Switch Download

#Breakforcist Battle – $9.99
    ACA NeoGeo Gururin – $7.99
    Asdivine Hearts – $12.99
    Burly Men at Sea – $9.99
    Don’t Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition – $19.99
    Drone Fight – $4.99
    Eternal Edge – $20.00
    It’s Spring Again – $1.79 (available April 17)
    Pirates: All Aboard! – $5.99 (available April 13)
    Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs – Royal Edition – $24.99
    Rogue Aces – $10.40
    Skies of Fury DX – $19.99
    Streets of Red – Devil’s Dare Deluxe – $7.19
    Zotrix: Solar Division – $14.99

Switch Demos

Squareboy vs Bullies: Arena Edition
    Twin Robots: Ultimate Edition (available April 13)

3DS Themes

The Alliance Alive Character Theme 1
    The Alliance Alive Character Theme 2
    The Alliance Alive Robbins Theme

eShop Sales

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at: http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I read a review, and this version sounds lacking. No way to play without a filter of some kind, and apparently there's a charge move in the original that doesn't work here?

But do you still get to eat a hamburger with Ronald Reagan? :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Sweet, new Switch demos! Let's check these games out on YouTube.

Oh.

• dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Streets of Red has piqued my interest, but I guess I don't understand the big deal about permadeath "twist." How is it different from other games without a continue system? Or is that the point, since the whippersnappers of today didn't get the experience of pumping quarters into Turtles in Time or The Simpsons?

steam_sig.png
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Should I buy Don't Starve for the third time?

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Streets of Red has piqued my interest, but I guess I don't understand the big deal about permadeath "twist." How is it different from other games without a continue system? Or is that the point, since the whippersnappers of today didn't get the experience of pumping quarters into Turtles in Time or The Simpsons?

Daddy, what does 'game over' mean?

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I may have to get Streets of Red. Brawlers are my absolute favorite genre and the price is certainly right.

This weeks' eShop update

Switch Retail

Firefighters: Airport Fire Department – $39.99 (available April 24)
    Firefighters – The Simulation – $39.99 (available April 24)
    Gal*Gun 2 – $59.99 (available April 24)
    Hello Kitty Kruisers – $29.95 (available April 24)
    South Park: The Fractured But Whole – $59.99 (available April 24)
    Wild Guns Reloaded – $29.99

Switch Download

ACA NeoGeo Real Bout Fatal Fury Special – $7.99
    BAFL – Brakes Are For Losers – $4.99
    Death Road to Canada – $11.99 (available April 25)
    Football Manager Touch 2018 – $29.99
    Manticore – Galaxy on Fire – $19.99
    Neo Atlas 1469 – $49.99
    Party Trivia – $9.99
    Skee-Ball – $19.99
    The Way Remastered – $11.99
    Where Are My Friends? – $5.39 (available April 24)

Switch Demos

Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure Deluxe
    Super Chariot
    Super One More Jump

New 3DS Download

Cycle of Eternity: Space Anomaly – $4.99

Wii U Download

Aqua Moto Racing Utopia – $19.99

eShop Sales

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at: http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    I wish SEGA 3DS games went on sale more often.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I wish there was more of them

SEGA AGES on Switch will probably be close enough for my liking there.

This discussion has been closed.