As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Homestuck]: Turns out the ride NEVER ends

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

thank god

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    What are all these trolls for then, some kind of thing where you lead people on but actually you're just making the whole thing up, as a joke, at the expense of whoever you got to fall for it, similar in manner to drawing fishing lines with bait through the water behind a boat as a means of catching fish?

The trolls are just making fun OCS.
    There's no purpose beyond that I thought??

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    What are all these trolls for then, some kind of thing where you lead people on but actually you're just making the whole thing up, as a joke, at the expense of whoever you got to fall for it, similar in manner to drawing fishing lines with bait through the water behind a boat as a means of catching fish?

The trolls are just making fun OCS.
    There's no purpose beyond that I thought??

I think they're supposed to be characters who will show up in subsequent episodes of Hiveswap, as our protagonists go on their trip across Alternia to find Joey a way home.

• tinauntinaun Registered User regular
    andrew wrote a newspost

ryanquests linked on the site again

also ???

http://whatpumpkin.tumblr.com/post/172568836075/what-pumpkin-games-is-going-through-a-transition

this is like, the fourth transition period at this point

• EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    I can't keep up with all these What Pumpkin reboots. Who's paying me now.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

Sounds like it was 100% because of Viz

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    That is entirely unsurprising and also very sad

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So basically we're never going to get a follow up to hiveswap?

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Crazy to see what started as essentially a creative collaboration with the audience turn into just another commodified brand.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    capitalism consumes

liEt3nH.png
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I am actually remembering a long time ago, when someone here wondered why Andrew wasn't finding a way to properly monetize MSPA like he obviously could.

Now we are finally there.

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I am actually remembering a long time ago, when someone here wondered why Andrew wasn't finding a way to properly monetize MSPA like he obviously could.

Hah, and here I was just thinking that if Homestuck wrapped up in 2013/14 like he originally planned, we could be talking about the first movie opening up next week.

Still, this makes no sense. If they wanted to properly monetize Homestuck, they should be hiring more people, not cutting people they already had. Is this Viz' modus operandi? What else do they own?

Also, wasn't one of the people working for Hiveswap a former poster? Skullman, I think? Was he among the people let go?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yes, and everyone was let go.

What Pumpkin has 50% off everything if you're interested.

The only way to win is

edited April 2018
    Taking yourself out of the narrative

NeoToma on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    well, guess i should see if there's any other prints i want :/

uc3ufTB.png
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

Hah, and here I was just thinking that if Homestuck wrapped up in 2013/14 like he originally planned, we could be talking about the first movie opening up next week.

Still, this makes no sense. If they wanted to properly monetize Homestuck, they should be hiring more people, not cutting people they already had. Is this Viz' modus operandi? What else do they own?

Also, wasn't one of the people working for Hiveswap a former poster? Skullman, I think? Was he among the people let go?

Yeah, but people cost money.

Hopefully Hussie didn't sell them the actual IP and/or can regain control of it someday.

As for what Viz does, here's the original press release again, which gives you an idea of the other IPs they have rights to: https://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/v/1006506

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    This is kinda of a crappy way for homestuck to end

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Book 1 is out in a few places now, picked it up and it's pretty good quality. New commentary is nice.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Hmm, I've most of pre-ordered a copy cause Amazon is shipping me one

KetBra wrote: »
    This is kinda of a crappy way for homestuck to end

Been saying that since two years ago

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    The real Homestuck is the friends we made along the way

Thetheroo wrote: »

For real though, actually.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    I don't care much for Homestuck's ending but the five or so years leading up to it were still a pretty good ride. I'm glad all those communities managed to happen, even the weird ones.
    If I let a bad ending diminish my enjoyment of the thing itself, I might as well burn down half my books, most of my jpgs, and my entire fucking anime collection. Also I read a lot of fanfiction to fill the holes, much of it mediocre but some of it exquisite. I came to terms with this long ago.

Aldo we got Undertale out of the deal so I still count it as a net positive.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Did anything ever come of those weird snapchat stories

I remember the pawn peeps blowing shit up then??????????

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    There was/is? going to be an ending ending.

Gvzbgul on
    Thetheroo wrote: »

You say this but my best friend and I constantly talk about Homestuck.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Happy 4/13, folks.

Homestuck day

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think today I'll start rereading Homestuck. Then I will be sad that there will most likely never be more

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Homestuck had a good run, and we all need to be better about letting people finish their works and move on to something new.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    As a book-only reader I’m glad that progress is finally being made again
    Can’t wait to see what happens in Act 5

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    Not much, really.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

rhylith wrote: »
    Homestuck had a good run, and we all need to be better about letting people finish their works and move on to something new.

Ultimately, what killed Homestuck to me originally was the fandom. Now that I'm finishing it past its time in the spotlight I'm enjoying it much more.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Homestuck is good

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    ahahahaha they blurred out my painting on hussie's wikipedia photo, fuckign incredible

uc3ufTB.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Homestuck is good

Homestuck is good. I just don't have the patience or attention span to finish it.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Decided to finish it sometime last year, and decided I'd start from the beginning, and then once I got to act 6 I fell off. Probably try and resume from there one of these days.

darunia106 wrote: »
    Homestuck is good

Homestuck is good. I just don't have the patience or attention span to finish it.

Would it help to have it in essentially audiobook form? Would you be interested in letting someone ...tell you... about Homestuck?

cdci44qazyo3.gif