Blood for the Norse gods! Skulls for the throne of Odin!
The end of the world, Ragnarok, is coming, and the winner is the clan who goes out with the most amount of rocking! Gain glory for pillaging! Gain glory for winning battles! Gain glory simply for having dudes swallowed up in the fires of Ragnarok!
Blood Rage plays similar to past "dudes on a map" area control games. Think Chaos in the Old World meets Cthulhu Wars meets the upgrade purchasing system of Kemet.
The game lasts 3 rounds, or "ages". At the end of the 3rd age, the player with the most glory wins.
1. Players draft cards to determine what they have available to play that age.
2. Players take one action in order, usually paying a "rage" cost to do so until everyone is out of rage. This works exactly like the power point system in Chaos in the Old World and Cthulhu Wars.
3. Everyone discards down to one card, which they may carry over into the next age.
4. Players check to see if they've fulfilled any quests they've played.
5. Ragnarok destroys a random space (which is known to everyone beforehand). Each player earns glory for each of their units killed this way.
6. Dead units are returned to everyone's reserve and available for the next age.