Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PbF Unicornus Knights - Are you a bad enough dude to escort the princess?

1235713

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    Okay, so my free actions will be to send troops to the Princess and Zyne respectively, and the rest for gathering resources.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Princess already maxed out on troops. Only reason to send a troop would be if you were sending her resources.

  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    so gather as many resources as you can and then just send out the resources with troops (every 10 resources needs 1troop for escort)

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    Princess already maxed out on troops. Only reason to send a troop would be if you were sending her resources.

    My mistake. So troops to Zyne, and resources to her?

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I think so, yes. Whatever she needs to keep moving enough, I’ll try to cover from my end, but it’ll help out not lose 1 soldier completely when I send resources to her.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    edited April 15
    Just to be sure-

    Turn 2
    Free Actions : Send troops to Austin/Zyne, Resources to Princess
    Action 1/2/3: Gather Resources

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    How many troops or resources? You also cannot send resources unless you also send at least 1 soldier per 10 resources to escort the shipment.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    How many troops or resources? You also cannot send resources unless you also send at least 1 soldier per 10 resources to escort the shipment.

    I don't think I have enough resources to send, then. Pretty sure I only have four, unless I can use one soldier for that.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 15
    so then your turn would look like this, cj.
    Annelie Turn
    -1 Action due to bad weather effect

    1. Gather Resources (5 for the town you are in)
    2. Gather Resources (5 for the town you are in)

    Annelie now has 6 troop (4 you had at turn start and 2 Godfreid sent to you) and 14 resources (4 you started with and 10 from gathering)

    (Free Action) Send 1 Troop and 10 Resources to Zyne
    (Free Action) Send 1 Troop and 4 Resources to Princess Cornelia

    Annelie now has 4 troop and 0 resources.

    or however many resources we want to send the princess.

    NotoriusBEN on
    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Elvenshae
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    so then your turn would look like this, cj.
    Annelie Turn
    -1 Action due to bad weather effect

    1. Gather Resources (5 for the town you are in)
    2. Gather Resources (5 for the town you are in)

    Annelie now has 14 resources

    (Free Action) Send 1 Troop and 10 Resources to Zyne
    (Free Action) Send 1 Troop and 4 Resources to Princess Cornelia

    or however many resources we want to send the princess.

    That's fine by me.

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    @cj iwakura is that your formal action then?

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Also, if my math is right and cj is sending as listed above, then the princess has 11 resources and needs 14 to hit those guards. So, I'll send 3 for sure, but wasn't planning on sending any extra just yet, as I need to hoard a bit to get myself out of these mountains.

    Anything I'm missing why it'd be good to send more?

  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 16
    I just listed it to show what to do
    We need to start listing our starting troop/resource counts and end of turn troop/resource counts because this is a logistics wargame and our warlord is on a deathmarch.

    Edit** im also not one to talk about expending troops unnecessarily, but @cj iwakura could also split the resources sent to be 7 to zyne and 7 to princess and that would let her get to the moon priest without burning an action or troop from zyne

    NotoriusBEN on
    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    edited April 16
    @cj iwakura is that your formal action then?

    Yep.

    Unless it's not ideal...

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm personally thinking that Ben's edit is possibly more efficient.

    7 resources to me, 7 to Princess. That saves me from spending resources on the Princess since I can only recoup 1 resource from collecting (compare to your 5).

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    Okay, for real,

    Turn 2

    Action 1/2: Gather Resources
    Free Action: Send 1 Troop and 7 Resources to Zyne
    Free Action: Send 1 Troop and 7 Resources to Princess

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
    Elvenshae
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited April 17
    Princess should now have 14 resources, so I don't need to give her any.

    My Actions:

    Play Support Card - Help from the People: Gain 3 supply
    Play Support Card - Help from the People: Gain 3 supply
    (thanks Daemonis!)
    Collect - Gain 1 Supply
    Collect - Gain 1 Supply
    Collect - Gain 1 Supply

    End Turn with 4 Soldiers and 14 21 Supply


    @MrBody for Princess and Empire actions

    AustinP0027 on
    Elvenshae
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Princess should now have 14 resources, so I don't need to give her any.

    My Actions:

    Play Support Card - Help from the People: Gain 3 supply
    Play Support Card - Help from the People: Gain 3 supply
    (thanks Daemonis!)
    Collect - Gain 1 Supply
    Collect - Gain 1 Supply
    Collect - Gain 1 Supply

    End Turn with 4 Soldiers and 14 Supply


    @MrBody for Princess and Empire actions

    21 supply. The 7 from the strategist.

  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited April 17
    Turn 2- Princess phase
    Shortest route would be 7 spaces to the spot NE of the Necromancer then right between The Twins. Going left around Godfried or right around Zyne are both the same distance. Players get to break the tie.

    Princess moves 2 spaces for 10 resources to end N of the Strategist.

    MrBody on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    We want left around Godfried

    NotoriusBENElvenshae
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Empire movement
    Dorgas moves 1 S to the desert above the Hermit.
    Dark Priest attacks Gato.

    @Elvenshae to roll and use any cards you want. You get +1 die for the defensive terrain.

  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    7 spaces? with 14 resources? she has 5 troops.

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I think he meant general direction.

    Elvenshae
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited April 18
    The Dark Priest is attacking solo, right @MrBody? He's taken a point of damage, so he's only got a combat strength of 1 he's got a Combat Strength of 2 and 3 HP remaining.

    I get to roll 5 combat dice (natural ability), plus 1 for terrain, and then assign them as I see fit.

    No cards to use at the moment, so ...

    Geth, roll 6d6 for COMBAT

    COMBAT:
    6d6 19 [6d6=1, 3, 5, 4, 4, 2]

    Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I assign the 5, 4, and 4 to the Dark Priest, and ignore the rest; I've assigned at least 2 dice to the Dark Priest, so I reduce damage done to me to 0, and the three damage is enough to kill him.

    I did that right, right?

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    7 spaces? with 14 resources? she has 5 troops.

    The way @MrBody is doing it is, at the start of the Princess move, he calculates the shortest route from where she is at that moment to the capital. It's not that she's going to move that far this turn, but that her decision for the moment is to take that path to the best of her ability.

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    ok, got it. i was worried she was tearing away from us.

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I think I need a fate card

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I think I need a fate card

    Friend or Foe
    You immediately move 1 space towards this character at no cost.

    The Hermit throws himself headlong into Dorgas!

    @Phyphor for any card you want to play. You currently have zero dice.

  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Ob2StJE.png

    ElvenshaeNotoriusBENPredaAustinP0027
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Well that's stupid. I suppose I will retreat to my original space if I can else there's literally nothing I can do but suicide I suppose

    @MrBody

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, pre-battle retreat can only be done if the enemy moves onto you.

    Dorgas inflicts 9 damage on the Hermit, slaying him.

    Luckily, you will be revived at the start of next turn with a new hero. Select one of the remaining ones. You will start on the empty kingdom starting space of your choice.

  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Do I get to see what the abilities are? Or blind pick?

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I could tell you off the top of my head. I don't have the box with the sheets at the moment.

    Madame Josiphine: Free resources every turn. Awful on attack. Solid on defense.
    Mountain Cat Band: Ignore 2 damage every battle. Get 2 resources for every soldier defeated.
    Mirza: Damage herself to flip misses to hits.
    Urgan: Awful on attack, amazing on defense

    The rest I don't know.

  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 18
    Wow, thats unfortunate, but we can recover, its still pretty early.

    Josephine would be a good pick since we have some heavy hitters with zyne+dragon and the princess and me if/when (probably soon now, watching Magus explode into pulp) i get troops.

    Since i havent seen the other heroes either, i dunno what to pick, but getting resources seems paramount atm.

    The question is, can Donia withstand this guy? Or can she outrun him to our side of the board?
    Her support card stacking and forecast are really valuable in planning the next.

    NotoriusBEN on
    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    I could tell you off the top of my head. I don't have the box with the sheets at the moment.

    Madame Josiphine: Free resources every turn. Awful on attack. Solid on defense.
    Mountain Cat Band: Ignore 2 damage every battle. Get 2 resources for every soldier defeated.
    Mirza: Damage herself to flip misses to hits.
    Urgan: Awful on attack, amazing on defense

    The rest I don't know.

    Okay, looking at them now:

    Madame Josiphine: Free 1 soldier + 5 resources every turn. Awful on attack, equal to Zyne on defense.
    Mountain Cat Band: As above, hits/misses/wounds 5-6/3-4/1-2
    Mirza: As above, does not start with any soldiers
    Urgan: Average 5-6 hit on attack, ungodly 3-6 hit on defense. Can pay 1 resource for 1 extra battle die (up to 3).
    Ilsahati Elf King: 3-6 hit +3 dice on attack (5-6 hit on defense), max 4 soldiers
    Havok: Equal to Zyne in battle, gains +1 die and all misses are hits when in same area as Princess

  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Well I suppose I will take josiphine and start on the dark priest's start. There's little point in restarting out east what with the terrible terrain and much harder enemies and our focus being in the west side

    Also shouldn't the soldiers have attacked the princess? Losing 2 troops?

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Oh right. I didn't realize leader-less troop stacks move.

    4 stack attacks Princess, who loses 2 soldiers before wiping out the enemies.

  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Map
    4acIzTH.jpg
    Enemies with red backgrounds are aggressive, and will begin moving towards the nearest kingdom hero 1 space per turn as soon as one enters within a 1 area range.
    Blue background: defensive, will never move.
    White: Will move only to attack adjacent kingdom hero.

    Remember you must pause and draw a fate card the first time a character moves into the same area or adjacent space as an empire general (exceptions: Black Knight, King of the Abyss, Emperor).

    Empire Generals
    aBX11rU.jpg

    Kingdom Heroes
    oppSLhj.jpg
    Allies
    Zyne: (Black Drake) May spend 3 supply to add 4 dice once per battle.

    Resources
    Godfried: 2 (NotoriusBEN)
    Gato: x (Elvenshae)
    Josephine: 10 (Phyphor)
    Donia: 13 (Daemonis)
    Annelie: 0 (cj iwakura)
    Zyne: 21 (AustinP0027)
    Princess Cornelia: 4

    Turn 3
    Event (Stage I)
    Impatience: At the start of the princess step, the princess moves 1 space without cost.


    (next event via Donia scouting)
    Sudden Illness: Unless the princess was sent 10 resources this round, the princess step is skipped and the princess suffers 2 health damage.



  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Do not expect much help from me, I have to deal with Dorgas alone.

    NotoriusBEN
Sign In or Register to comment.