As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PlayStation’s Insomniac’s Marvel’s Spider-Man, Out September 7

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I might have picked up an xbone for scalebound but it got cancelled so fuck em

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/bFeETSjaZMc

Infinity War Iron Spider suit confirmed

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/bFeETSjaZMc

Infinity War Iron Spider suit confirmed

Man, that looks cooler than I thought it did in Homecoming

I do hope this doesn't preclude the Stark-made Homecoming suit being in the game, though, that's still one of my favorites

• Options
    I want the homemade suit from Homecoming more, personally

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I've never been that crazy about any of the homemade suits, in spite of my Halloween costume being a homemade Spider-Man costume when I was like 10 and my family couldn't afford real costumes

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    The home-made Homecoming suit is also close to the Reilly hoodie costume, kinda, the colors are reversed

I really want both of those in the game

The MCU Stark suit looks good! I wonder what ability it will have

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I just want some dope spider-hoodies.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

Check Amazon, there are a bunch

I don't know if they're licensed or not

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

There are some legit fabulous Spider-Gwen hoodies.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

well, JJJ is not JK Simmons, but it does sound like he might be Clancy Brown

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I don’t think I’ve ever been advertised to this much over a single game before. One that isn’t even out for another ~5 months.

It looks good but I’m sick of it already.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    it seems less like a huge media push and more like insomniac is really proud

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah I have this sinking feeling that the 5-6 month hype period may actually work against Insomniac somewhat.

Hopefully I'm super wrong.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Yeah I have this sinking feeling that the 5-6 month hype period may actually work against Insomniac somewhat.

Hopefully I'm super wrong.
    It'll die down, this is the first big explosion of details they have given, previously we just had 2 or 3 stage trailers. They'll announce, like., costumes and stuff over the next few months but the announcements like this week aren't gonna keep going

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    This is also Marvel's first big video game since the merger, so presumably Disney will keep marketing on track.

• Options
    Yeah, this avalanche of news is mostly game informer stuff, and it's the first details about the game aside from trailers

It will certainly die down, it's just game informer game of the month or something, so there is ton of info and reposting and whatnot

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, this avalanche of news is mostly game informer stuff, and it's the first details about the game aside from trailers

It will certainly die down, it's just game informer game of the month or something, so there is ton of info and reposting and whatnot

It's their cover story, if that means anything anymore

• Options
    There are some crazy folks getting their hopes up on the wider internet

I've already seen people shit-talking Spider-Man 2's swinging in reference to this game's swinging, which...none of them have touched yet

• Options

I've already seen people shit-talking Spider-Man 2's swinging in reference to this game's swinging, which...none of them have touched yet

So basically nerd SOP

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Yeah, in my head this game does everything I (or anyone else) has ever wanted in a spider-man game, so any difference from my head-version and the actual product I will eventually play is clearly a malicious choice made by the developers.

Same as the backlash when Watchdogs wasn't the Person of Interest simulator I wanted in my head and convinced myself it was going to be.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Hey does Spiderman have a bestial Man-Bat counterpart, a Manspider say, who webs people up and liquifies their innards and has a fake human face that looks like Tobey Maguire but it splits apart all gross like in Mimic

He should if no

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh man I'd play a Person of Interest game

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Hey does Spiderman have a bestial Man-Bat counterpart, a Manspider say, who webs people up and liquifies their innards and has a fake human face that looks like Tobey Maguire but it splits apart all gross like in Mimic

He should if no

He grew a bunch of extra arms once.

Also Doppleganger, who I only know from the videogame Maximum Carnage

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

He should if no

He does, and it's also Peter Parker
    http://marvelanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Man_Spider

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    You mean Man-Spider?

latest?cb=20140729015041

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Excellent, sehr gut

• Options
    Ghosted by the Ghost!

• Options
    I definitley meant manspider apparently

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Why would they have Spiders Man swinging? They should have him fly and teleport around like he normally does.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I hope they played the PS1 Spider-Man game during all their research. I remember loving that game and wish I could play it again.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    There was a time when video games knew exactly what I wanted and would just fucking give it to me. The PS1-era Spider-Man games were pretty special to comic nerds and fans of fashion.

https://youtu.be/YRZsioC-qQA

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Also, Insomniac knows how to give a guy a fucking birthday present, I tell you hwat.

• Options
    He's solid

Not bad at all but not outstanding

I'm sure he'll do fine

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Two more suits were revealed

Spoiler in link, if that counts as a spoiler

Looks good to me

• Options
    edited June 2018
    DouglasDanger on
  • Options
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The Shocker fight in one of those gameplay videos had too many stages and I'm glad I watched it ahead of time so I didn't have to yell at the playstation in frustration when it kept happening!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    yeah that's the part about this game i'm not very into

the combat and traversal look great but that's two realllly long qte type segments they've shown now

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    No Spider-Man boss fight is going to top the Mysterio fight from Spider-Man 2