As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You'll die again and again, again and again, and so on. Dark Souls

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    if you had gone back to where you fought gascoigne earlier, that would be step 2 of her quest

Depends on when they "first chat". If you found her hideout by the rafters above the sewer then you need to speak with her again outside the Cathedral Ward

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    You don't actually need to speak to her outside the Cathedral Ward, if you go to Gascgoine's lamp then that stage of the quest will start automatically. I always forget to speak with her that second time and just skip to the fight.

The problem is she's super easy to miss outside the Cathedral because why would you look over there, and also why would you ever go back to Gascgoine if you don't know about it.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    What's the best class for a DS1 zwei/ugs build? I think the Giant Dad look is hideous

I'm partial to knight, just takes a couple levels to meet the 2handing requirements for the zweihander so you can use it basically as soon as you arrive at firelink and run through the graveyard to grab it

I'm thinking I might try cleric, try strength and faith

Aistan wrote: »
    You don't actually need to speak to her outside the Cathedral Ward, if you go to Gascgoine's lamp then that stage of the quest will start automatically. I always forget to speak with her that second time and just skip to the fight.

The problem is she's super easy to miss outside the Cathedral because why would you look over there, and also why would you ever go back to Gascgoine if you don't know about it.

My mistake and yeah I was saying earlier this is an easy quest to miss.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Oh, the Nightmare Frontier sucks.

First, I kept getting invaded. Thankfully the people wanted to fight this time, but still let me get some work done here. Then I killed the hunters, then bell woman, which took care of that, and now it's Poison Time! And then just as I thought I was getting somewhere, this, thing, looked at me and I died. There was no attack, I just suddenly got frenzied and I was dead.

Blight Town seems friendly and inviting by comparison.

ZD98Zka.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Those things do in fact kill you just by looking at you.

You basically need to specifically gear up to stack frenzy resist and bring a pile of the frenzy cure item to take them on, and even then it's dicey because of there grab attack.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Oh, the Nightmare Frontier sucks.

First, I kept getting invaded. Thankfully the people wanted to fight this time, but still let me get some work done here. Then I killed the hunters, then bell woman, which took care of that, and now it's Poison Time! And then just as I thought I was getting somewhere, this, thing, looked at me and I died. There was no attack, I just suddenly got frenzied and I was dead.

Blight Town seems friendly and inviting by comparison.

I wish that part of the way the Frenzy mechanic worked involved the enemy actually being looked at by the camera, so that if you looked away from and pretended it wasn't there, it wouldn't make you go mad as fast.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the less insight you have, the slower the frenzy will stack on you

this is another tactic to reduce their threat

Beat the boss in 1. You know after all that build up and how much this area sucked, I was expecting someing a bit tougher. You picked the wrong god, Spiderpatches.

ZD98Zka.png
    Fighting the brain ladies is optional as is the Nightmare frontier entirely but that doesn't forgive how awful the frenzy mechanic is.

However, if you feel real good about your parry timing on their grab you can use the invincibility frames of the visceral attack to negate the frenzy detonation.

OK, so now, apart from Chalice dungeons (which seem kinda dull), I only know of one place left to go; the place that opened after Rom. I took a peek in there earlier, and dipped after getting lasered to death by one of those Amydala things.

ZD98Zka.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The guy you fight as part of Eileen's quest is such absolute obscene bullshit

Like, his HP level is just ridiculous

edited April 2018
    Solar wrote: »
    The guy you fight as part of Eileen's quest is such absolute obscene bullshit

Like, his HP level is just ridiculous

As is the damage he does with the repeating pistol. Fortunately the AI is kind of dumb and not too hard to cheese with the right weapon.

Butters on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    OK, so now, apart from Chalice dungeons (which seem kinda dull), I only know of one place left to go; the place that opened after Rom. I took a peek in there earlier, and dipped after getting lasered to death by one of those Amydala things.

*cough*cainhurst*cough*

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    I remember getting an item or something that mentioned Cainhurst, but I don't think I ever looked at it. I'm done for the night so I'll have to remember to check it out.

ZD98Zka.png
    edited April 2018
    doing Cainhurst for the first time was the high watermark of my from software voyage

Jasconius on
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I remember getting an item or something that mentioned Cainhurst, but I don't think I ever looked at it. I'm done for the night so I'll have to remember to check it out.

may the good blood guide your way
    Jasconius wrote: »
    doing Cainhurst for the first time was the high watermark of my from software voyage

don't be fooled, Friend

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."

Yeah that's my favorite area in both Bloodborne and DS3

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Damn

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Apparently it ran really well at pax, so who wants to bet this is because the switch online infrastructure isn’t ready yet?

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    The true tragedy of it is that they also delayed the Solaire amiibo's release.

i would think that with the Switch, doing online well when you can just sleep the device at any time would be their biggest obstacle

i mean... if you play on Switch I would recommend not even bothering to connect, because there's going to be soooo much griefing unless they address this concept

i would think that with the Switch, doing online well when you can just sleep the device at any time would be their biggest obstacle

i mean... if you play on Switch I would recommend not even bothering to connect, because there's going to be soooo much griefing unless they address this concept

You can sleep the other consoles at any time as well. There’ll probably be more accidental disconnects due to the handheld nature / wifi problems but it’s not like the problem is unique to switch.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

You can sleep the other consoles at any time as well. There’ll probably be more accidental disconnects due to the handheld nature / wifi problems but it’s not like the problem is unique to switch.

people are going to sleep the second they get invaded.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

That's nothing that couldn't already be done on a PS4. If you put the console to sleep or otherwise lose connection to the servers, you get kicked back to the main menu anyways

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Are the other versions still coming out before that? Because I could definitely see Sony/Microsoft wanting a delay so people will actually possibly buy those versions. Then double-dip later.

uyvfOQy.png

People don’t already do that?

not as often as you'd think, in my experience invading. usually it happens towards the very end if they want to deny you the kill, not immediately. putting a switch to sleep mode and back out again is way faster/less painful than other platforms; we'll see if the port takes you right back into the game after the console wakes up or boots you back to the man menu or not.

not as often as you'd think, in my experience invading. usually it happens towards the very end if they want to deny you the kill, not immediately. putting a switch to sleep mode and back out again is way faster/less painful than other platforms; we'll see if the port takes you right back into the game after the console wakes up or boots you back to the man menu or not.

But we’re not going off anecdotes here. The ability has always been there for people to pull the plug, and just because now they’re playing on a handheld doesn’t mean they’re automatically gonna sleep their console when an invasion happens.

Like, sleeping my PS4 takes about 5 seconds, and booting back in takes like 10-20

But we’re not going off anecdotes here. The ability has always been there for people to pull the plug, and just because now they’re playing on a handheld doesn’t mean they’re automatically gonna sleep their console when an invasion happens.

Like, sleeping my PS4 takes about 5 seconds, and booting back in takes like 10-20

jeff are you one of those people that peace out of invasions

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

yes they absolutely do, and have since demon's souls

BahamutZERO.gif
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    There is room in this world for cowards

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    People are the worst

jeff are you one of those people that peace out of invasions

Not unless I’m having a real bad day

i still like the story of my only yanked invasion because it seems so obscure but also so perfect

in DS2 SotFS there's a place in one of the later dragon stages where you have to use a Branch of Yore to progress on a very narrow bridge

and invaders can spawn beyond the statue, and the guy had a maxed out crossbow character with his sites set directly on where you have to be to use the branch

i cant think of a more true checkmate scenario in the game, because my recollection is the backward path was also blocked, so my only choice was take a dragon bolt to the face, or jump to my death

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    The 50% discount for current Steam owners of Dark Souls is official now.

Also it seems the original Prepare to Die edition is getting pulled from Steam in early May. Remastered is replacing it on the store.

Ceno on
    ok well, i was somewhat on the fence, but now it's a guaranteed sale. pretty remarkable on From's part to do this

the steam version was.. questionable

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    My best invasion was in Dark Souls 3 when I kept invading a cheater who would use invincibility hacks

He chased me down a long ladder and I punched him right off it

He disconnected before he hit bottom but we both knew the score

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    My finest moment in Dark Souls multiplayer was in 3 when I managed to do a leaping attack off a high ledge with Smough's hammer directly on the top of some dudes head whilst nude, I'm pretty sure it did 999999 damage and they died in real life

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
This discussion has been closed.