As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WHOA NEW COMICS WHOA WHOA

2»

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    Damn, I was not expecting good things from a non-Ennis Punisher title. I'll have to pick that up tommorow.
    Clearly you have never read any of Fraction's other work.

It is so good.

Sars_Boy on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Punisher War Journal was so awesome.

Who is Matt Fraction and when did he become so awesome?
    I hadn't heard of him before Five Fists of Science, really. I know he wrote a column with Joe Casey at CBR. Five Fists of Science is awesome, and everyone should read it. Other than that, he's writing Casanova, which is really fun and trippy. He's co-writing Iron Fist with Brubaker, too.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    How was Wonder Woman?

I should be picking it up tomorrow, but was it worth the wait?

Garlic Bread on
  • DakDak Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    What the shit, I wanted to find out what killed all the goddamn men, Y: Vol. 8! WHY DIDN'T YOU INCLUDE TWO MORE ISSUES

I really have to start picking up singles now... Or at least #49 and #50. I don't think I could wait another nine months for the next trade.

Dak on
    GAWink.jpg
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    How was Wonder Woman?

I liked it, a lot. I don't think I have to comment on the art, but as usual, team Dodson and Sinclair do it again. The only problem is that with the new bimonthly schedule, and JLofA, it seems out of place...but still good.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Dak wrote:
    What the shit, I wanted to find out what killed all the goddamn men, Y: Vol. 8! WHY DIDN'T YOU INCLUDE TWO MORE ISSUES

I really have to start picking up singles now... Or at least #49 and #50. I don't think I could wait another nine months for the next trade.
    The explanation given in those issues might not be the correct one anyway. It's kind of a disappointing one if it's true, and I think BKV is capable of doing better as well.

It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

robosagogo on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    Dak wrote:

Nah, you're still good. #50 revealed what caused it, but it's still not revealed how it happened.

Garlic Bread on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    How was Wonder Woman?

Meh meh meh.

It was decent. Nothing special.

deadonthestreet on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Blue Beetle:

I think that was supposed to be Feedback on the very right of the quick jab at "Who Wants to be a Superhero?"

Lux on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The only thing I've read by Matt Fraction is The Five Fists of Science

I mostly found it confusing

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2006
    The only thing I've read by Matt Fraction is The Five Fists of Science

I mostly found it confusing
    I mostly found it awesome.

Sars_Boy on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Finally made it to the comic shop last night. Rough month.

Picked up

Invincible TP 7 - lots of fun, good read
    Astonishing X-Men 18 - good but I dunno where this is going
    Girls TP 3
    Superman/Batman TP 3

Also picked up the President Superman Figure from Red Son to match my Batmankoff Red Sun figure. They are standing next to each other on my desk here, and they are totally awesome.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    edited November 2006
    I just went to the shop and picked up Action Comics, 52, and Wonder Woman.

They have a sale going on this weekend. Trades and new comics are 1/3 off. Old issues are like $.10 each or a box for $10. Stuff like that

man I wish I had money :(

Garlic Bread on
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Kuma wrote:
    is daredevil in the middle of an arc right now? if not ill pick it up tommorow, its been far too long

Yeah, he's in the middle of something right now. I think it sas one or two more parts to it. Nice to see a marvel storyline not tied up with Civil War.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I wanted to share a little glorious thing I've stumbled on with everyone but didn't want to make a new thread for it.
    Buy.com sells TPBs. They have good prices, frequently better than other online TPB sellers. They also have free shipping if you spend $25+. Currently you get $20 off any purchase of $50+, which stacks with the free shipping. The only catch is no pre-orders or on order items are allowed.
    I have just spent way too much money on TPBs but this is a hell of a deal and I have no idea how long it will be around for.

Accualt on
    edited November 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    I wanted to share a little glorious thing I've stumbled on with everyone but didn't want to make a new thread for it.
    Buy.com sells TPBs. They have good prices, frequently better than other online TPB sellers. They also have free shipping if you spend $25+. Currently you get $20 off any purchase of $50+, which stacks with the free shipping. The only catch is no pre-orders or on order items are allowed.
    I have just spent way too much money on TPBs but this is a hell of a deal and I have no idea how long it will be around for.
    Shit, I can get Absolute New Frontier for $30!

robosagogo on
    edited November 2006
    I just ordered Absolute New Frontier along with Coin Locker Babies for $40.

robosagogo on
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    I just ordered Absolute New Frontier along with Coin Locker Babies for $40.

i am not missing out on this deal

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    I just wish it worked for On Order items. I still haven't replaced my lost copy of X-Statix volume 3.

robosagogo on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    saint2e wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    DC

52 Week #29 $2.50
    Action Comics #845 $2.99
    Blue Beetle Vol 5 #9 $2.99
    Boys #5 $2.99
    Supergirl And The Legion Of Super-Heroes #24 $2.99
    Wonder Woman Vol 3 #3 $2.99

IDW Publishing

24 Nightfall #1 (5 covers)

Walking Dead #32 $2.99

Marvel

Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 #536 $2.99
    Civil War Front Line #8 $2.99
    Daily Bugle December Newspaper $0.25
    Fantastic Four The End #2 $2.99
    Punisher War Journal Vol 2 #1 Regular Cover $2.99
    Runaways Vol 2 #22 $2.99
    Ultimate Spider-Man #102 $2.99
    Wolverine Vol 3 #48 $2.99

The Boys and Blue Beetle are on the chopping block. I've been patient with BB, but I can't hold out forever. And The Boys I'm giving another chance because I have hope that this issue will not just be comprised of Ennis' superhero wet dreams.

How could you not love Blue Beetle? That scene with him asking his parents if he could go fight crime was sheer awesome.

Bloods End on
    edited November 2006
    Quick guys, what's something that costs about 2.75 to bring my New Frontier total to $50?

Sars_Boy on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Quick guys, what's something that costs about 2.75 to bring my New Frontier total to $50?
    the human soul.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited November 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:

http://www.buy.com/prod/Batman_Begins_Color_Activity_Book_with_Crayons_Gotham_s_Guardian/q/loc/106/31046528.html

$3.89 set of Batman crayons.

robosagogo on
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

http://www.buy.com/prod/Batman_Begins_Color_Activity_Book_with_Crayons_Gotham_s_Guardian/q/loc/106/31046528.html

It doesn't even come with black

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Hey that works. Thanks.

Sars_Boy on
    edited November 2006
    Holy monkeys.

Theres a new Red Bee?

Does anyone even remember or care about the old one?

Bloods End on
    edited November 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Holy monkeys.

Theres a new Red Bee?

He was in Starman, so yes.

robosagogo on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Holy monkeys.

Theres a new Red Bee?

He was in the Freedom Fighters, so yes. Though theres no telling what will happen to her or the rest of the new team when the series is over.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited November 2006
    Dammit, I ordered Absolute New Frontier, but for whatever goddamn reason I selected Budget Shipping.

I now have visions of my precious copy flung on to some shitty biplane with half a tank and being flown all the way from China and then crashing into a mountain.

Or, you know, showing up all beat up or dirty or something.

Shit.

Sars_Boy on
    edited November 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Dammit, I ordered Absolute New Frontier, but for whatever goddamn reason I selected Budget Shipping.

I now have visions of my precious copy flung on to some shitty biplane with half a tank and being flown all the way from China and then crashing into a mountain.

Or, you know, showing up all beat up or dirty or something.

Shit.

No love for time Dr. Jones?

Bloods End on
    edited November 2006
    Absolute New Frontier is actually surrounded by a protective aura. Dirt and grime bounce off it and spill onto other, less valuable comics.

I did budget shipping too because I've never had problems using it with Amazon. I assumed it just meant it arrived slower, not in poorer condition.

robosagogo on
    edited November 2006
    I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just paranoid.

Sars_Boy on
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    I did budget shipping too because I've never had problems using it with Amazon. I assumed it just meant it arrived slower, not in poorer condition.

Amazon's free shipping is faster than most places' paid shipping.

Stuff gets to you like 3 days after you order it.

Garlic Bread on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    oh fuck you cocks. I ordered Absolute New Frontier from Amazon.com a few days back becuase it was cheaper to pay the US price and the international shipping than to order it off of Amazon.ca (for larger books this sometimes happen)

But buy.com is even cheaper than amazon, but they don't ship to canada.

damn

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I <3 Marvel Adventures.

Hensler on