As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Fortuitous

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Fortuitous

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Jakk FrostJakk Frost Registered User regular
    So, would you need something like a minigun if you wanted to shoot big solid brick forts with a moat and everything, while a handgun only shoots couch-cushion-and-bedsheet forts?

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Regional dialect comic.

Now I know a true fact about West Virginia that I did not previously know. Thanks Penny Arcade.

• Giancarlo MagnoGiancarlo Magno Registered User regular
    I want a cannon that shoots ramming goats that can destroy a fort in one hit.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    It got a little over the top when they added the shotgun that shoots shotguns.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    ...i already thought I had no idea what was going on with this game

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Grand Theft Auto:Saints Row::PUBG:Fortnite

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    I don't think we have 'Wee Woo' in South Florida. Then again, we usually say something more like 'Only in Florida'.

ex: "Someone threw an alligator at their neighbor over what time they mow the lawn? Only in Florida."

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I don't think we have 'Wee Woo' in South Florida. Then again, we usually say something more like 'Only in Florida'.

ex: "Someone threw an alligator at their neighbor over what time they mow the lawn? Only in Florida."

One might say their behavior was a little, you know, wee woo.

So you're saying that the saying "Only in Florida" is only in Florida?

• FooblyFoobly Registered User new member
    I really like this one. The punchline got me.

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    more like Minecraft...fort.. Craft..

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

I dunno, man. Florida has a reputation. I'm not aware of another state that has a subreddit for all the weird stories about what their residents get up to like r/floridaman.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Dodo SandvichDodo Sandvich Registered User regular
    It's worth noting that the Port-A-Fort is a grenade, not a gun. The Guided dirt house launcher is still only in internal testing.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Jakk Frost wrote: »
    So, would you need something like a minigun if you wanted to shoot big solid brick forts with a moat and everything, while a handgun only shoots couch-cushion-and-bedsheet forts?

I need that handgun instantly.

• GSMGSM Registered User regular
    It's an Albany expression.

We'll get back there someday.
  • OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

I dunno, man. Florida has a reputation. I'm not aware of another state that has a subreddit for all the weird stories about what their residents get up to like r/floridaman.

It also has a TV Tropes page!

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • GrumposaurusGrumposaurus Registered User new member
    Adulthood: returning to a comic you read religiously in college (in the early '00s), finding comics about the game you currently work on, and feeling sort of sad but acknowledge the criticism is fair.

Life is weird.

Adulthood: returning to a comic you read religiously in college (in the early '00s), finding comics about the game you currently work on, and feeling sort of sad but acknowledge the criticism is fair.

Life is weird.

Am I reading you right in that you work on Fortnite? If so, I really hope you read the news post, as it's much more nuanced (as usual) than the accompanying jpg. Particularly,
    Personally, I like this mad energy. As somebody who makes things I want to know that people who share this drive are able to transform this opportunity into a canvas where this desperate energy - and I mean that in the best possible way - has a venue of expression. But that doesn’t mean that every idea is good for the game. Hearing that the guided missile was on time-out made me happy because it indicated that it’s not simply raw inertia over there, even in this heady context, somebody’s still driving even if it means curating out a feature that has delivered untold viral reach.

• GrumposaurusGrumposaurus Registered User new member
    Am I reading you right in that you work on Fortnite? If so, I really hope you read the news post, as it's much more nuanced (as usual) than the accompanying jpg.

I do, and I hadn't. I know it's cowardly, but it's been a really long few months and I didn't really want to encounter the very real possibility of one of my college-era heroes (rightfully) snarking about something we're all pouring our hearts (and lives) into. Criticism is completely fair and there's plenty in our game that needs work, but I was tired and didn't have the heart to go read the news.

Thanks for linking it, means a lot.

I know it's cowardly, but it's been a really long few months and I didn't really want to encounter the very real possibility of one of my college-era heroes (rightfully) snarking about something we're all pouring our hearts (and lives) into. Criticism is completely fair and there's plenty in our game that needs work, but I was tired and didn't have the heart to go read the news.

From the bottom of my heart, I don't think it's cowardly at all. Everyone has a right to express their opinion, but you never have an obligation to open yourselves up to it. I think this is yet another thing Jerry and Mike would be right there with you on. There's a reason why they almost never show up on these forums.

I think it's actually something that many of us would find a boon to our mental health. Especially if we're creators of anything that is in any way popular. There will always be people who go out of their way to dump on something, even if it's one comment out of 100. But that one comment is what you'll keep turning over in your mind. Human nature.
    Thanks for linking it, means a lot.

And thanks for that. It also means a lot. Take care.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Sure would be nice if they could stop spamming the f word.