As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Uncanny X-Thread: Now with a helpful OP!

• lsukalellsukalel Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This Gambit hate pains me.... as the cajun patois is part of the character. It's like asking a Jamaican to not speak patois when they were raised there. But in any event, I agree, he's always been written better in his solo books. The cliched brooding type, pining for a girl he can't touch that he was written as for years has hurt the character immensely. Hopefully he does turn out to be a double agent, cause he needs something to do to redeem himself. Although I think Brubaker has openly admitted he strongly dislikes gambit, and may just kill him off if he gets his hands on him.

Yeah, except they've almost universally written his crappy Cajun incorrectly. His language has just been a white, non-Cajun's stereotypical sense of what a Cajun would sound like.

As someone who lived in New Orleans and has spent A lot of time in west Louisiana , thank you. Every time there is a character from Louisiana the accent is so overblown

lsukalel on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Possible news on what X-Fans are gonna do with New X-Men not showing up on solicits anymore.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12620

Owenashi on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    i was gonna post this in moments of the week, but its not exactly a moment.

im starting to warm up to how people have started treating charles like a shit head. because really, he is.
    people are talking back to him like its going out of style. countless mutants and humans died because of chuck but i always wondered if people just followed him because "he has the dream".

surge pretty much nailed it in new X-men 44, when she was saying "where were you when we were dying?". and cyke pretty much saying "Get out of my way you crazy has-been" when messiah complex started. cyke and emma taking the reigns is turning the reigns and de-idolizing xavier in the books is whats keeping me attached to the X-books (not including new x-men because thats always been awesome). its good that they can tuck xavier away in the mansion like a senile uncle.

Don't get me wrong Chuck's still a genius, but for a guy who wants peace for the mutant race, he sure does go in to space a fighting for aliens a lot. he keeps putting the X-men in bullshit situations and most cases for selfish reasons. (the third summers brother was his mistake. dont go throwing more x-men at your fucking problem). its a good character relationship right now, but i hope they dont wear it down like the "you're an asshole tony stark" era we're going through right now.

in short: fuck charles xavier. Yay to good leading by slim and tits

delphinus on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    delphinus wrote: »
    i was gonna post this in moments of the week, but its not exactly a moment.

im starting to warm up to how people have started treating charles like a shit head. because really, he is.
    people are talking back to him like its going out of style. countless mutants and humans died because of chuck but i always wondered if people just followed him because "he has the dream".

surge pretty much nailed it in new X-men 44, when she was saying "where were you when we were dying?". and cyke pretty much saying "Get out of my way you crazy has-been" when messiah complex started. cyke and emma taking the reigns is turning the reigns and de-idolizing xavier in the books is whats keeping me attached to the X-books (not including new x-men because thats always been awesome). Chuck's still a genius, but for a guy who wants peace for the mutant race, he sure does go in to space a fighting for aliens a lot. he keeps putting the X-men in bullshit situations and most cases for selfish reasons. (the third summers brother was his mistake. dont go throwing more x-men at your fucking problem)

in short: fuck charles xavier. Yay to good leading by slim and tits
    That's because he's a Skrull. :P

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That's because he's a Skrull.
    Blackjack: I was about to say the same thing

smokmnky on
  • sullijosullijo mid-level minion subterranean bunkerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Possible news on what X-Fans are gonna do with New X-Men not showing up on solicits anymore.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12620

Thank goodness. The lack of New X-Men was seriously pissing me off. I really want to see where the students go after Messiah Complex.

Barring that I could also go for a buddy book starring Wolverine and Pixie. ;-)

sullijo on
    When I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:
    "I don't want the world, I just want your half"
    edited December 2007
    Santo and Pixie. That's who I'm caring about.

Watch them be the only two that don't make it. :(

Edit: And Dust. How could I forget Dust! Forgive me, Sooraya!

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Rey Del AguilaRey Del Aguila __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    It would seem like such a waste after all the developments the last two issues. They brought back The Black Kid (no offense) and make him leader over Surge. Would also be a waste to give them the old Generation-X garbs just to have them disappear. I love the team. Santo is REAL. Pixie is... what's that word... I don't think we use to same words, but I want to see more of her. Her character is definitely the next Jubilee in the sense that she is retains her personality nomatter what the situation. These characters make X-23 seem like she was made for them. Anole is potential incarnate, literally. Lop off another part of him and see what happens, lol. Does he have Spider-Man like abilities at all, sticking to surfaces or agility? Dusk is female, religious and not T&A and she is all that with out being a token anything.

Seriously. I could sing blessings on these characters all night.

And I think I will. I hope I don't get banned again for it:
    The Psychic kid with the green energy is much more interesting then Marvel Boy ever was, The Gold Kid is fun to have around and let's the writers bring all kinds of pain to the team as long as he is around. Pain is good. He doesn't eliminate anythreat because who wants to see kids tortured you know? It's still scary even if you know if Elixir can heal it, fix it, rebuilt it.

Who else? The Mercury girl is so beautiful because she is so powerful but at the same time vulnerable. Electricity, Force, winds etc all can mess with her plus the guilt of being used to make a weapon in this current Messiah Complex story. Man I thought I was going to hate those stupid liquid metal monsters. Way to work them into a story line I can dig.

Who else? Santo is so real. Reminds me of my big cousin. "I just hit things". Beautiful. Who else?

Did I mention Santo?

Plus all the auxiliary make it feel like the whole team is still ways from being full grown. Lupine, That kid with the diamond on his forehead who is the youngest mutant, and that other guy who grows big. They personify the weaker forces of the team but also give humanity to everyone they interact with. Pixie and Anole kind of sit between the two dynamics of weak and strong forces. Very Sun Tzu.

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
    edited December 2007
    I missed Blindfold, The phasing/disintegration chick, and a bunch others. Can I make a New X-men/Young X-men thread? Can some one. Any way here's all theieieier names even the ones I have already mentioned.

Stepford Cuckoos
    Gentle
    Wolf Cub
    Bling
    Indra
    Loa
    Blindfold
    Trance
    Surge
    Hellion
    Mercury
    X-23
    Prodigy
    Elixir
    Dust
    Rockslide
    Anole
    Pixie

I like how these characters have come from a bunch of different places in the comics to come together and be written so well. Love It. If Armor survives I have every confidence that whe would get folded into the, well, the fold.

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah but, do you like New X-Men?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I am so skeeved right now.

Synthetic Orange on
    edited December 2007
    Am I suppose to apologize for my child like exuberance? How to does it feel to get skeeved out by someone else's joy?

Rey Del Aguila on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I never really liked New X-Men.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    SA wrote: »

This is probably because you're dead inside. New X-Men aversion is the first sign of that.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

This is probably because you're dead inside. New X-Men aversion is the first sign of that.
    What about not liking the characters New X-Men was tending to focus on, lately? Prodigy and Hellion, mostly.

Fencingsax on
    edited December 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »

What about not liking the characters New X-Men was tending to focus on, lately? Prodigy and Hellion, mostly.
    I don't like them and I still like the book.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• SASA Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just didn't like the contrast between the newer students introduced in New X-Men and what was already there in Grant Morrison's New X-Men run.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I like how X offed lady deathstrike in the latest chapter of messiah complex. She's turning out to be even more ruthless and dirty a fighter than Wolverine.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sorry Emma.

I think I'm in love with another X-girl.

Crimsondude on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I like how X offed lady deathstrike in the latest chapter of messiah complex. She's turning out to be even more ruthless and dirty a fighter than Wolverine.
    I hope they try to outdo each other in X-Force.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I like how after a few months of trying to humanize X-23, the X-Men just threw up their hands, said, "Fuck it," and decided that, when life gives you assassins, you make assassinade.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I like how after a few months of trying to humanize X-23, the X-Men just threw up their hands, said, "Fuck it," and decided that, when life gives you assassins, you make assassinade.

Assassinade sounds delicious

Some sort of fruity cocktail
    FRUITS OF DEATH

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    While it was a cool fight, I don't think there's any expectation that she's actually dead, right?

You really can't permanently kill a comic cyborg by just stabbing them.

Scooter on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2007
    man I don't think people are exactly clamoring for lady deathstrike to come back

DJ Eebs on
    edited December 2007
    Some of us may want to revisit the worst costume ever devised.

Deathstrikelady.png

She wasn't bad in X2 as a meaningless fight, though.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited December 2007
    The hell is her deal anyway?

Malkor on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2007
    they needed someone for wolverine to fight and also have sexual tension with maybe

DJ Eebs on
    edited December 2007
    Well I hope they clone her.

Malkor on
    edited December 2007
    Wolverine had a terrible gallery of rogues in the '90s, but I think most of them are dead now.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited December 2007
    Some of us may want to revisit the worst costume ever devised.

Deathstrikelady.png

She wasn't bad in X2 as a meaningless fight, though.

That isn't even the worst costume she has had, let alone the worst costume ever, man.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited December 2007
    I choose it as worst because of the misguided bid for sexual appeal seen in granting a freak villain an open shirt. Also, the ugly hat and unsightly cybernetics.

At least other bad costumes like Arnim Zola's are good for a laugh.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited December 2007
    Okay, but she has a giant golden penis in Messiah Complex.

You couldn't choose that?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited December 2007
    400px-LadyArtistsStrike.jpg

Actually, given the nature of the character, a giant gold penis isn't altogether inappropriate. She's pretty masculine.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Good lord. How did I not notice that until now?

Crimsondude on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't think she's dead per se. But she's probably been dishonored enough to sit the next year or so out while she gets her shit together. You know, before coming back for revenge.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited December 2007
    Lady Deathstrike/Kimura team up 2008.

Malkor on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Giant golden penis of doom or not that is by far the best Deathstrike pic I've ever seen.

True that's not saying much compared to past Deathstrike outfits but still that is some wicked fine work right there uh huh.

Caveman Paws on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Good lord. How did I not notice that until now?

Dammit, now I can't see anything but giant golden dicks.

Scooter on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    that armor also looks a hell of a lot like H.R. Giger's xenomorphs.

(yeah, they were already phallic to begin with, too)

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Okay....so Bishop as the team traitor considering it's obvious that Madrox & Layla are in his future....what are the odds? Any takers?

ZombieAsuma on
This discussion has been closed.