As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Job] thread, when and how to break dance while in an interview

19596979899101»

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Apparently chow chows are one of the breeds very commonly banned from apartments.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    A couple in my apartment complex got a cute fuzzy little chow chow because aww what a fluffy little snowball and I'm all like the joke is on you chow chows are absolute aresholes

They need a ton of exercise and stuff, that seems like a bad apartment breed

It's not only that, the entire breed are massive shitheads. They're grumpy, unaffectionate, aggressive and mean. You can't have multiple pets because the Chow will bully them. They make decent guard dogs, but that's about it. If you really want a guard dog, there are better ones.

So they're a smaller, less useful version of a Himalayan Mastiff without any of that breed's positive qualities? Cool. Coolcoolcool.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Heh. Went in to my Junk filter to add linkedin.com to my filter, and accidentally typed in kinked.com
    No! I want emails from kinked.com!*
    Heh.

*I don't actually know if I want emails from kinked.com

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I found another perfect-sounding job so I applied there... and I'm trying to be done for the day.

I have a phonecall at 2.30 with a professional resume writer who'll update my resume and write a cover letter template for me.

I never received a call back from that awful company. On the one hand I'm glad, on the other, fuck you for not considering me to be good enough. :P

Mori's mom is now sending me entry-level jobs paying $15-16/hr and... ugh, I know the competition is stiff but I'm hoping not to have to roll back my expectations that far >.<

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    quiz's
    quizzes

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I talked to my principal and he's going to purchase the Switch. That means next school year I can use my makerspace budget just on games and supplies for the game program.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Have an interview at a decent sounding place in 2 weeks.

Gonna be out of the country for a bit, and that didn't phase them, so that's cool.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I talked to my principal and he's going to purchase the Switch. That means next school year I can use my makerspace budget just on games and supplies for the game program.

Enough Labo to construct a full-body suit of armor

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    When I have hard days at work or get anxious, I use my lunch break to go to Toys r Us and wander. It somehow resets me in a weird peaceful way. Today might have been my last trip in there. I find that really sad.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    A couple in my apartment complex got a cute fuzzy little chow chow because aww what a fluffy little snowball and I'm all like the joke is on you chow chows are absolute aresholes

It's not only that, the entire breed are massive shitheads. They're grumpy, unaffectionate, aggressive and mean. You can't have multiple pets because the Chow will bully them. They make decent guard dogs, but that's about it. If you really want a guard dog, there are better ones.

So they're a smaller, less useful version of a Himalayan Mastiff without any of that breed's positive qualities? Cool. Coolcoolcool.

Chow are genetically close to the (one of the) original wolf lines we tamed, that's why they still have blue tongues.

They get a lot of the wolf's original traits like being over aggressive to strangers and all that.

They are not a very good dog breed in general, especially for beginners who can't socialize them.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Chow are genetically close to the (one of the) original wolf lines we tamed, that's why they still have blue tongues.

They get a lot of the wolf's original traits like being over aggressive to strangers and all that.

They are not a very good dog breed in general, especially for beginners who can't socialize them.

Weren't they bred to be furry Mace?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    It sounds like you guys are all saying not all dogs are good dogs, and I don't think I can agree.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I had a friend who had a chow when I was a kid.

It jumped up and bit the face of another friend

so much blood and we had to go to the hospital

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

Weren't they bred to be furry Mace?

I think they were sled and guard dogs originally, like a lot of the early dogs were. This was just one of the very first organized breeds.

Dogs showed up much earlier in our history, and are almost as old as we are as a species (and likely the reason we were so successful!).

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    It sounds like you guys are all saying not all dogs are good dogs, and I don't think I can agree.

As much as I love dogs, Chows are right up there with Pugs for "problematic breeds that we've kind of made some bad mistakes with."

A proper socialized Chow pupper is usually a fine dog. But as a whole they tend to be a lot more aggressive because of their genetic lineage.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    My uncle had a chow that was mean as hell. When I was about four, he bit me in the gut so hard I had to get stitches.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

So much of the issue is "People do breeding badly" and also "People get dogs they think are cute with little regard for actual dog needs and temperments." So you end up with passive owner of an aggresive dog who is large and confined in a small space, to boot, and that's no good for the dog or the people. So it's not that all dogs aren't good dogs, but it's very definitely people can make it really difficult for some dogs to be good dogs sometimes. See: obnoxious lap dogs because people don't think you have to train small dogs because "But they're so cute and fluffy and small!"

Edit: phantom draft strikes again!

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    My uncle had a chow that was mean as hell. When I was about four, he bit me in the gut so hard I had to get stitches.

sounds like he really

:cool:

chowed down on you

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I think that's jellyfish

Better safe than sorry

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Ok new thread time

This discussion has been closed.