As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    That seems fair.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Politics

@Hedgethorn
    also @MrBlarney what's my color bbcode?

Preda on
    :(
    We had a good thing going Preda

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It's in the op. Dodgerblue for picks/actions and red for pass.

There's also limegreen for updating your commodities, trade goods, action cards and counters

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    He seems to have you as Crimson @Preda

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Yep. Though the OP has generic suggestions for colors, on the whole, players tend to just use their race's assigned color for all of their official actions.

But y'all already knew all of that, didn't you? For reference, here are the colors I've assigned to each faction:

The Mentak Coalition: darkorange
    The Naalu Collective: salmon
    The Barony of Letnev: gray
    The Ghosts of Creuss: darkturquoise
    The Winnu: mediumorchid
    Sardakk N'orr: crimson

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Well I certainly can't resist salmon

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Warfare.

@Mojo_Jojo

Trade

@Ketar

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Leadership

@MrBody

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Construction

@MrBlarney

MrBody on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Damn. I really hoped somebody would take diplomacy.

@Mojo_Jojo is first up; Not sure what we're waiting for MrBlarney for

edited April 2018
    Round 1: Start of Action Phase

The Winnu: Select the (7) Technology Strategy Card.
    Sardakk N'orr: Select the (3) Politics Strategy Card.
    The Mentak Coalition: Select the (6) Warfare Strategy Card.
    The Naalu Collective: Select the (5) Trade Strategy Card.
    The Barony of Letnev: Select the (1) Leadership Strategy Card.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Select the (4) Construction Strategy Card.

Trade Goods are placed on the (2) Diplomacy and (8) Imperial Strategy Cards.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo): (0) Trade
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): (1) Leadership
    Sardakk N'orr (Preda): (3) Politics
    The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody): (4) Construction
    The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn): (6) Warfare
    The Winnu (discrider): (7) Technology

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2018
    Activate Qucen'n/Rarron
    Move in one carrier, two fighters and two ground forces
    Land one ground force on each planet taking control of then

C/TG/AC: 0/0/0
    T/F/S: 2/3/2

@ketar for the next action

@MrBlarney could you add the player names next to the race names when you update the turn order, please? It's probably just my toddler addled memory but I had to search a bit for who was playing Letnev
    Also shouldn't we have some public objectives out?

In due course the Space Mermaid envoys will start to secrete their trading ooze. We would welcome others to join the writhing masses of galactic commerce. In this cold time of limited trade routes we are even disposed to extend credit. A promise of one local commodity or galactic standard trade good paid at the earliest opportunity grants unfettered access to this

(When I play Trade I'll refresh commodities with the non-binding deal that as soon as we are neighbours I get paid a trade good. Having no trade goods left to spend is not a valid excuse and will result in hostile action and /or bounties being offered to others to inflict infrastructure damage
    I'm just declaring this early so we don't end up bogged down on in individual negotiation when I play the card)

Mojo_Jojo on
    Move carrier with 2 infantry and 1 fighter from Arc Prime to Centauri-Gral. Land 1 infantry on each planet.

2/3/2

@Preda

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    MrBlarney could you add the player names next to the race names when you update the turn order, please? It's probably just my toddler addled memory but I had to search a bit for who was playing Letnev
    Also shouldn't we have some public objectives out?
    On first point: Fair enough. It's usually not too bad to get names in most status updates since I list every player with the races' holdings; it's the "Start of Action Phase" updates that are the exception. Still, it's a nice UI kind of thing so I've added it.

On the second point: Yes, Public Objectives were listed in the Strategy Phase opener, but I forgot to announce them publicly. For the record, the first two objectives are:
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Activate Mellon-Zhobat. Move in Carrier and Cruiser with 2 GF (1 from each planet). Drop 1 GF on each planet, claiming them.

2/3/2

@Mojo_Jojo agreed on commerce.
    @MrBody next

@Keytar I let you have Tequ'ran, you trade me your Ceasefire when you get there?

:whistle: Don't think they're in this orchestra tho
    Maybe @Ketar ? :whistle:

MrBody wrote: »
    @Keytar I let you have Tequ'ran, you trade me your Ceasefire when you get there?

That's far too high of a price. I'll take my chances on it.

edited April 2018
    Round 1: Action Phase Update 1

The Naalu Collective: Activate the Qucen'n-Rarron system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, and 2 Infantry from the Naalu Home System.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Qucen'n and Rarron.
    The Barony of Letnev: Activate the Centauri-Gral system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 1 Fighter, and 2 Infantry from Arc Prime.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Centauri and Gral.
    Sardakk N'orr: Activate the Mellon-Zohbat system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Cruiser, 1 Carrier, and 2 Infantry from the N'orr Home System.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Mellon and Zohbat.

Current Map: Action Phase Update 1

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition - 0 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 0 VP
    The Barony of Letnev - 0 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 0 VP
    The Winnu - 0 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    3 Stage I Objectives and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Barony of Letnev: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Winnu: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives

The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 0

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Promise of Protection)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Moll Primus (4R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Fourth Moon: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Other players' ships in this system cannot use Sustain Damage.
    - Racial Technology: Salvage Operations (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After you win or lose a Space Combat, gain 1 Trade Good. If you won the combat, you may also produce 1 ship in that system of any ship type that was destroyed during the combat.
    - Racial Technology: Mirror Computing (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): When you spend Trade Goods, each Trade Good is worth 2 resources or influence instead of 1.
    - Ambush: At the start of Space Combat, you may roll 1 die for each of up to 2 of your Cruisers or Destroyers in the system. For each result equal to or greater than that ship's combat value, produce 1 hit; your opponent must assign it to one of his ships.
    - Pillage: After 1 of your neighbors gains Trade Goods or resolves a transaction, if he has 3 or more Trade Goods, you may take 1 of his Trade Goods or Commodities.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Promise of Protection: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Mentak player cannot use his "Pillage" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Mentak player's units, return this card to the Mentak player.

The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo)
    Commodities: 0 / 3

Tactic Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    R - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    X - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    X - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody)
    Commodities: 0 / 4

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

The Winnu (discrider) SPEAKER

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Sardakk N'orr (Preda)

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: (none)

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

Neutral Worlds
    N - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    N - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    N - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    N - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    N - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    N - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    N - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    N - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    N - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    N - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    N - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    N - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    N - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)
    N - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    N - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    N - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    N - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    N - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    N - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    N - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo): (0) Trade
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): (1) Leadership
    Sardakk N'orr (Preda): (3) Politics
    The Ghosts of Creuss (@MrBody): (4) Construction Current Player
    The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn): (6) Warfare
    The Winnu (discrider): (7) Technology

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2018
    Activate Bereg system. Move in gravity drive carrier with 2 fighters, 2 infantry. Claim both planets.

T/F/S: 1/3/2 (edit:2/3/2)
    C/TG/A: 0/0/0

@hedg

MrBody on
    edited April 2018
    edit: my bad, missed the extra +1 to movement for Creuss from home system or wormhole systems.

Ketar on
    :/
    We had an agreement @MrBody

edited April 2018
    Activate the Lodor system. Move both cruisers to Lodor, wave at my new neighbors Naalu and N'orr.

@Mojo_Jojo: Sorry to attempt to renegotiate your trade offer as stated, but with only two commodities, it's hard to justify giving you one trade good so that I end up with one commodity. That said, I'd be willing to make this deal:
    -You refresh my commodities and give me your Ceasefire note
    - I immediately give you both my commodities and my Ceasefire note.

I have no intentions of moving any further toward you; I just would like the Lodor system.

Hedgethorn on
    @discrider's action next

discrider wrote: »

I had mentioned taking Trade to give me free refresh. You took Tech :\

I had mentioned taking Trade to give me free refresh. You took Tech :\

I had already picked, so I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm feeling a bit put out at being asked to complete an impossible bargain to be honest.

edited April 2018
    @Hedgethorn I think given the move to Lodor and your racial abilities I can't justify a ceasefire swap

I'll give you a refresh and my support for the throne for your ceasefire though

Mojo_Jojo on
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    Activate the Lodor system. Move both cruisers to Lodor, wave at my new neighbors Naalu and N'orr.
    N'orr is not adjacent to you?

@Mojo_Jojo that seems like a deal I shan't refuse

Activate Arinam-Meer. Move in Fighters, Carrier, GFs, land on both planets.

@Preda I'd be looking at trading (at least) 3:3 commodities with you when we get adjacent

Good for me, unless Mojo finds a way to get next to me, than 1 tg goes to him.

(And it is @Mojo_Jojo 's turn)

edited April 2018
    I'm feeling a bit put out at being asked to complete an impossible bargain to be honest.

No one else had picked when I made the offer. You could have changed, maaaaaan.

Not sure what you thought it was when you said sounds good. That at some undetermined point in the future I would get a refresh if you happened to get Trade? That is so not worth giving up a 5 resource system.

5717c97698fd31d0abb87cb400bb0fb1417b7a2b3965fda25e3b419fb342df58.jpg

MrBody on
    edited April 2018
    Play Trade
    Gain 3 trade goods
    Refresh commodities to 3

Refresh Preda's commodities.
    Preda now owes me 1TG to be paid once we become neighbours / enter an agenda phase
    Refresh Discrider's commodities. Discrider now owes me 1TG to be paid once we become neighbours / enter an agenda phase

People for secondaries or getting free refreshes:
    @Hedgethorn The current proposed deal is I'll refresh you and give you my support for the throne in exchange for your ceasefire (And you not pillaging me! As I've just spotted that it resolves at 3 or more not than three trade goods)
    @Ketar I offer you the standard deal. I'll refresh your commodities if you pay me 1TG once we become neighbours / enter an agenda phase
    @MrBody I offer you the standard deal. I'll refresh your commodities if you pay me 1TG once we become neighbours / enter an agenda phase (also in your last action post I think you're short a tactics token)

T/F/S: 2/3/2
    C/TG/A: 3/3/0

(pending any pillaging)

Mojo_Jojo on

No one else had picked when I made the offer. You could have changed, maaaaaan.

Not sure what you thought it was when you said sounds good. That at some undetermined point in the future I would get a refresh if you happened to get Trade? That is so not worth giving up a 5 resource system.

6b2fbf590594f31f78f425ad846d036cc109750d65f879a5a2de51d23edcd598.jpg

Yes, this is exactly what I thought.
    It had been some time since I had picked Tech after all.

I tried to warn people away from the Winnu! And bad starting positions!

Let's not hang ourselves then yell at the guy making off with the chair you just kicked over.