As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] World: New elder dragon event. Squad up!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Got only 1 pair of Dual Blades to drop that basically look like Diablo Clubs (handles) and fancy gold/black blade parts.

Its basically Diablo Clubs+1, it has 10 more defense, doesnt matter though because I dont have 4 DB streamstones to upgrade it... I dont even have 1.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Anyone wanting into the squad please pm me your psn name. Thread is still moving fast and it is easy to miss.

I am trying to get all active people in.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Huh

I'm not sure I love that because take last night for instance. We had 5 people and split up into groups of 3 and 2 that weren't consistent between runs. The final run had the group of 3 break the horns while the group of two couldn't. Now all 5 had been contributing equally and in mixed situations, but what you are telling me is that the 2 at the end got less siege completion rewards than the group of 3?

Sounds like it's best to stick to full groups of 4, then, or else people could get screwed despite putting in equal work/time due to being in less full groups at the end.

You miss out on... I think 300 or so points? It's not a huge amount when you're looking at 100 points per reward tier, and they just keep adding up no matter what.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Yea the only rewards you should really be missing are the horn carves, end mission rewards should be the same.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Got a pursuit six I can't take down with thaw outs. Friend me at pa_megaman001 on pan to join.

Christ, the other two guys quit. We four staged KT like six times just couldn't end it.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Did you guys download an update when you got on? Or in a not squad session? Cause I see you all in game but can't find you.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    It wouldn't let me join PAX Rawrcadia's session and it didn't look like anyone was on at 8 besides Booker (and Foreverender but he wasn't responding to my party invites) so Book and I jumped into a full rando session. We cleared Kulva twice (with horn breaks each time) in just 4 runs which was awesome.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    It wouldn't let me join PAX Rawrcadia's session and it didn't look like anyone was on at 8 besides Booker (and Foreverender but he wasn't responding to my party invites) so Book and I jumped into a full rando session. We cleared Kulva twice (with horn breaks each time) in just 4 runs which was awesome.

Probably wouldn't let you join Pax due to our network conflict again, I was idle in it

That was probably when I went to eat, when I got back I was playing with Elki and another friend. We hopped into a rando session, and seemed to all have various loss of connection from the session issues

I love these updates, but I wish they would take a moment to straighten out their online

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I need them to just put the gem in the melder now, because I've gotten more than enough materials for the armor set... except for the gem. And it's not like there's a weapon to make.

I did get a LBG that can load all levels of all three basic shot types, and has rapid normal 1,2, spread 1, and a couple statuses. That was nice. I think the raw may be a wee bit low? But it doesn't load ANY elements, which makes up for it.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what the difference is between the final two reward ranks for the siege? The group of 4 I play with can break the horns on the 3rd attempt (4th if we triple cart), and get points for everything but pursuit level 6. I'm just not sure if it is worth letting it escape one or two more times to make sure we get to pursuit level 6 and the final reward rank.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Dual blades sucks for the last stage, but boy do I have fun on the first two with it. Kulve is so big you can actually beyblade sideways and diagonally for a tiny bit.

https://xboxclips.com/Salal+al+Din/fcefeb3d-e835-43f5-879f-6353d6cf45f8
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the difference is between the final two reward ranks for the siege? The group of 4 I play with can break the horns on the 3rd attempt (4th if we triple cart), and get points for everything but pursuit level 6. I'm just not sure if it is worth letting it escape one or two more times to make sure we get to pursuit level 6 and the final reward rank.

Like 2-3 more bronze/silver box rewards. Better off just doing 3 quicker runs.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    The important thing to remember is if your fighting her and the message prompt comes up that "another party has destroyed the horns", make sure you do the same in that instance as the siege will be completed regardless you fail or succeed.

Sounds more confusing than it is.

I mean the only thing you lose out on if you don't break the horns the same attempt another group does is 4(?) carves, which isn't all that much in the grand scheme of things

It's four carves that could get you a gem.

I've got one so far but that came off the carveable golden plating that uncovers the horns.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    This is such a weird event. Since you can't keep groups together after each siege it's like you have to jockey for position for groups - especially when you see the same names queuing again again who just run into the lava. Then, as people drop out, it's a weird timing situation to make sure you're in a group that is in position to finish the siege - rather than setting up pursuit points for another group starting shortly after you.

I carried a group of three idiots most of last night but just couldn't seal the deal on a 6/6 pursuit and just ran out of people to run it with. What a huge shame.

Also, blocking that massive lava blast with your lance shield is CIVILIZATION.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Guess that explains why I barely saw anyone on. I jumped into a random session and we cleared it in our second run. Got her to the final phase the first try but dps wasn't there.

Definitely more interested in just gathering mats then hoping for some rng for weapons, that way leads to madness.

Lance really shines through every single phase of this fight, I love it.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I had every intention of being on last night - I even laid down to take a quick nap at 8 so I'd be fresh.

Then I slept through my alarm and didn't wake up until 11:30, at which point I went to bed.

Sorry.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    Anyone going to be on this Saturday afternoon, 1:30-5:30 EST? I'd like to try to get some of these crazy Elder Dragon runs in...

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I got a rarity 8 katana. It's like the game truely loves me!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    One of the new events has increased crowns for both diablos. I still need both for black so that is pretty cool. Not really interested in the new monster since I mostly play with PUGs.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    One of the new events has increased crowns for both diablos. I still need both for black so that is pretty cool. Not really interested in the new monster since I mostly play with PUGs.

That was the theory before hand.

But I've run it through three times and seen no crowns (not even silver large), and I'm struggling to find confirmation online.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I'm glad the bushi tickets aren't super rare, I've just been having real bad luck getting them. Almost done the first set at least...

Speaking of bad luck, I've also been unable to get a glimerstone off the gold coating/horn carves (and yeah, I don't expect them to add it to the melder just like they didn't add Deviljho's). Does it also show up in the post-siege rewards?

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    You can carve it. Trust me.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I had every intention of being on last night - I even laid down to take a quick nap at 8 so I'd be fresh.

Then I slept through my alarm and didn't wake up until 11:30, at which point I went to bed.

Sorry.

No worries, man!

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    yeah, PSN PA room was weird last night. I ended up being the only one in it most of the night with individuals jumping in every once in a while. I checked for updates and otherwise, but couldn't figure out the reason it was weird.

I just knocked out a ton of my options so worked for me.

• Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Yeah @Qanamil, I kept jumping in and out of squad sessions trying out what was going on, it was like all the PA people were being segmented into into disparate rooms. Pretty aggravating.

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I'm glad the bushi tickets aren't super rare, I've just been having real bad luck getting them. Almost done the first set at least...

Speaking of bad luck, I've also been unable to get a glimerstone off the gold coating/horn carves (and yeah, I don't expect them to add it to the melder just like they didn't add Deviljho's). Does it also show up in the post-siege rewards?

I got two of the glimstones last night. One was from carving the gold plating and the other was a reward after a non-horn breaking run.

Edit: Quick internet sleuthing tells me that most people are getting theirs from carving the gold plating.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    reading this thread while my ps4 hdd is dead is really doing a number on me

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    reading this thread while my ps4 hdd is dead is really doing a number on me

No joke, I'd be finding the nearest store that has a generous return policy and buying a PS4 that I knew I was going to return as soon as my original PS4 got fixed.

Because yes, this event is super fun.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited April 2018

I got two of the glimstones last night. One was from carving the gold plating and the other was a reward after a non-horn breaking run.

Edit: Quick internet sleuthing tells me that most people are getting theirs from carving the gold plating.

I'm tempted to set up plating carve runs or something. It looks like you can easily blow it off in the first zone with fairly low pursuit level. Drop rocks on it and then have some HBG unload on the face, etc.

Carve and return and repost.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I had a small update this morning. Not sure what it included but my hunch would be something to do with their new golden boy.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I know you can, I'm just having real bad luck.

I also hate the flood of the random rarity weapons that are 99% trash too, but what can you do

• Options

I also hate the flood of the random rarity weapons that are 99% trash too, but what can you do

I kind of like it, if only because it introduces a rando element to the drops that has me wondering "what will I unlock today!" Then again my first true kill I got a rarity 8 long sword so I'm the best woo goo preacher.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

I kind of like it, if only because it introduces a rando element to the drops that has me wondering "what will I unlock today!" Then again my first true kill I got a rarity 8 long sword so I'm the best woo goo preacher.

Teach me your secrets to getting the game to drop what you want.

Because I'm at 5 clears (4 horn breaks) and have yet to get a single Charge Blade. That's like, what, 60+ weapon drops and not a single one of the only weapon I use?!

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Speaking of the random weapons after I double-checked that Odo lance clone I discovered it's actually pretty bad because it doesn't have the max sharpness bar like normal Odo lance. Boooo.

edit: apparently it can get back to white again with 1 point of handicraft. so if I had a protective polish deco, it would actually be better. doh

Naphtali on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Tier 16 rewards are the same as Tier 17, at least in these sense that you get 3 gold rewards.

Also, Deviljho gem is available with the melder.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    yoooooo this is fun as hell

only things of real note i've gotten are like 7 bushi tickets in one go and a motor chopper with 10% affinity

that's not too shabby

Elendil on
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    yoooooo this is fun as hell

I know right?! I can't believe this was a free (seemingly) surprise update!

Tons of new drops, free armor, awesome new encounter.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Sorry I didn't join last night Xboxers. My wife and son were out if the house for the night. I ended up drinking too much and fell asleep while fishing in Far Cry. I am a wild man.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Again I hope they make some permanent way to farm the relics.

Time limited events are not my favorite thing in most cases.

This event the way it is structured actually great for a limited time event but it would be cool if they added relics into some permanent activity.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options

Teach me your secrets to getting the game to drop what you want.

Because I'm at 5 clears (4 horn breaks) and have yet to get a single Charge Blade. That's like, what, 60+ weapon drops and not a single one of the only weapon I use?!

Well first you have to be Preacher. Secondly, there is no second!

Also stop using baby blades...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Huh

I'm not sure I love that because take last night for instance. We had 5 people and split up into groups of 3 and 2 that weren't consistent between runs. The final run had the group of 3 break the horns while the group of two couldn't. Now all 5 had been contributing equally and in mixed situations, but what you are telling me is that the 2 at the end got less siege completion rewards than the group of 3?

Sounds like it's best to stick to full groups of 4, then, or else people could get screwed despite putting in equal work/time due to being in less full groups at the end.

I don't think this is accurate. I jumped into a late stage hub with no open groups last night, so I just did it solo. I still got rank 10+ rewards even though I couldn't finish her off myself. It looks to me that you get credit for every activity that happens while you are in the fight. I think you actually do worse being in the group that finishes her off first since your rewards are capped when you finish her off while others in the instance can keep breaking things and getting more.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822