As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The wording probably needed to be less "choose trade" and more "change your choice to trade" to make that clear.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    MrBody wrote: »
    I tried to warn people away from the Winnu! And bad starting positions!

Let's not hang ourselves then yell at the guy making off with the chair you just kicked over.

I will admit to not taking the Ghost's 3 Movement speed into account when making my decisions.

Otherwise I might have reconsidered this starting location, due to the first turn possible contention for that system.

discrider on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Yeah, Elvenshae caught us all out with it in Game 1 by taking Metacol Rex very quickly indeed.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    @discrider I kind of forgot Mentak pillage too. Let's do 2 for 2 at the first chance, than the other one after we have spent something. No need to give presents to Hedgethorn...

Pillage only affects neighbours @Preda
    You're not a neighbour.

Preda wrote: »
    @discrider I kind of forgot Mentak pillage too. Let's do 2 for 2 at the first chance, than the other one after we have spent something. No need to give presents to Hedgethorn...

(you would need to be on top of the alpha wormhole, not beside it)

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Let's also not forget the last time I was lax with you as a neighbor.

Yes, remember the old grudges. Goood goooooood.

discrider wrote: »
    Preda wrote: »

Skipped over neighbourhood requirement. Let's 3 for 3 than!

edited April 2018
    MrBody wrote: »
    Let's also not forget the last time I was lax with you as a neighbor.

Yeah, you lost everyone the game by not reading your cards.
    Good times.

Oh wait, I misremember.
    It was my tech level, which is far more understandable and forgivable :/

discrider on
    Not a grudge, but you take opportunities and it'd be stupid to just give the best system in the game away. You have war suns, you use them. You can take a planet and the weakest race can't do anything about it, you take it.

My post also said I'd have to see what card I end up getting, and the Trade thing was just a minimum possibility. Let's not be saying I was vague with the terms but definite with the agreement.

Less arguing @MrBody, more making a decision on whether you're taking the trade secondary or a "free" refresh from me

PASS on secondary

PLAY on defending the Ghosts' reputation

edited April 2018
    Pfft.
    Sure, if you call ghosting on deals defending your rep.

discrider on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote:
    Bah, of course that's right. Space piracy is clearly a game for the young, not the aged and decrepit.
    The current proposed deal is I'll refresh you and give you my support for the throne in exchange for your ceasefire (And you not pillaging me! As I've just spotted that it resolves at 3 or more not than three trade goods)

Deal. I'll take (a.1) your support for the throne & (a.2) a refresh on my commodities in exchange for (b.1) my ceasefire and (b.2) I won't pillage from you on our trade. (I can't make any promises about no future pillaging, of course -- a space pirate's kids gotta eat too, ya know.)

@Mojo_Jojo

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    @mojo_jojo

We could do the 1 tg later for a free refresh, sure.

I do have one alternate to consider though as part of a longterm peace agreement. You take Wellon, unhindered, when convenient. As long as you keep that tile free of units other than infantry, I will stay away from it. In return I'd like a free refresh any time you have Trade, and to exchange commodities, your 3 to my 2, one time at the earliest possible time.

edited April 2018
    @ketar I'll do free trade refreshes but I can't guarantee the demilitarisation as that world is going to be my stepping stone to the rest of the map as Mentak have just cut me off in the other direction and I don't really want to have to have an early war there. I won't put a space dock there though if that helps.
    Happy to do the 3 for 2 though, but it won't be this turn even if we end up adjacent.

Does that work?

Mojo_Jojo on
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    @ketar I'll do free trade refreshes but I can't guarantee the demilitarisation as that world is going to be my stepping stone to the rest of the map as Mentak have just cut me off in the other direction and I don't really want to have to have an early war there. I won't put a space dock there though if that helps.
    Happy to do the 3 for 2 though, but it won't be this turn even if we end up adjacent.

Does that work?

@Mojo_Jojo I have very mixed feelings about the idea of Wellon as a stepping stone to the rest of the map, as I firmly consider everything away from you past Wellon to be my territory. Centauri-Gral, obviously, and Quann is only 2 spaces from my home system and three from yours.

@Ketar
    Yeah, I see your point. I'm not after a claim on Quann, although if you didn't have a fleet there I might use its wormhole or to get to Metacol Rex if required. If I say no ships on Wellon then I'm just agreeing to remaining in my wedge for the rest of the game as I see it. It would be dishonest to agree to that.

@Mojo_Jojo I'll just offer the 1 TG when possible for a refresh then.

Yep, so to summarise, the following transactions occured

Preda, Discrider and Ketar are all refreshed (and owe me 1TG - this bit is non-binding)
    Hedgethorn is refreshed, gives me his ceasefire and I give him my support from the throne
    MrBody gets nothing

@ketar your action

Leadership. I'll distribute my three as 1/0/2 to end up with 3/3/4.

I believe only @discrider and @Mojo_Jojo are able to play on the secondary if desired.

No secondary for me

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Ignore. I'm confused this morning.

Hedgethorn on
    Oh hey, I'm still up for some reason.
    Pass
    @Preda

Preda, Discrider and Ketar are all refreshed (and owe me 1TG - this bit is non-binding)

Nice.

Ok, @Preda indeed then.

discrider wrote: »

Nice.

Don't you go and get ideas about not paying your debts

Politics. I get the speaker token.
    @MrBlarney for my 2 action cards and agenda to peek.
    @Ketar @discrider @Hedgethorn @MrBody @Mojo_Jojo for secondary.

No secondary for me (again!)

Play the Politics secondary.

3/3/3

Play on secondary

Pass on Politics secondary.

1 card to the bottom, 1 back on top of the deck.

edited April 2018
    No secondary

MrBody on
    @MrBlarney for cards
    2/3/1 T/F/S

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Round 1: Action Phase Update 2

The Ghosts of Creuss: Activate the Bereg-Lirta IV system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, and 2 Infantry from the Creuss Home System via Gravity Drive.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Bereg and Lirta IV.
    The Mentak Coalition: Activate the Lodor system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 2 Cruisers from the Mentak Home System.
    The Winnu: Activate the Arinam-Meer system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, and 2 Infantry from the Winnu Home System.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Arinam and Meer.
    The Naalu Collective: Play the primary ability of the (5) Trade Strategy Card, gaining 3 Trade Goods. (TG 0 --> 3)
    Refresh commodities for Naalu, Letnev, Winnu, N'orr, and Mentak. (Naalu C 0 --> 3; Letnev C 0 --> 2; Winnu C 0 --> 3; N'orr C 0 --> 3, Mentak C 0 --> 2)
    Perform transaction, giving Mentak "Support from the Throne" in exchange for their "Ceasefire" Promissory Note. (Mentak VP 0 --> 1)
    The Barony of Letnev: Play the primary ability of the (1) Leadership Strategy Card, gaining 1 command counter to Tactic Pool and 2 counters to Strategy Pool. (TP 2 --> 3, SP 2 --> 4)
    No players play on the secondary ability.
    Sardakk N'orr: Play the primary ability of the (3) Politics Strategy Card, claiming the Speaker Token and drawing 2 Action Cards. (AC 0 --> 2)
    Draw the top two cards of the Agenda Deck, returning one to the top of the deck and one to the bottom.
    Letnev plays on the secondary (SP 4 --> 3), drawing 2 Action Cards. (AC 0 --> 2)
    Winnu plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), drawing 2 Action Cards. (AC 0 --> 2)

Current Map: Round 1, Action Phase Update 2

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition - 1 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 0 VP
    The Barony of Letnev - 0 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 0 VP
    The Winnu - 0 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    3 Stage I Objectives and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Barony of Letnev: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Winnu: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    Naalu's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.

The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn)
    Commodities: 2 / 2
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 0

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Naalu's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Promise of Protection)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Moll Primus (4R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Fourth Moon: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Other players' ships in this system cannot use Sustain Damage.
    - Racial Technology: Salvage Operations (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After you win or lose a Space Combat, gain 1 Trade Good. If you won the combat, you may also produce 1 ship in that system of any ship type that was destroyed during the combat.
    - Racial Technology: Mirror Computing (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): When you spend Trade Goods, each Trade Good is worth 2 resources or influence instead of 1.
    - Ambush: At the start of Space Combat, you may roll 1 die for each of up to 2 of your Cruisers or Destroyers in the system. For each result equal to or greater than that ship's combat value, produce 1 hit; your opponent must assign it to one of his ships.
    - Pillage: After 1 of your neighbors gains Trade Goods or resolves a transaction, if he has 3 or more Trade Goods, you may take 1 of his Trade Goods or Commodities.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Promise of Protection: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Mentak player cannot use his "Pillage" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Mentak player's units, return this card to the Mentak player.

The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo)
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 3

Promissory Notes: Mentak's Ceasefire (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 2 / 2
    Action Cards: 2

Tactic Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    R - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    X - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    X - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody)
    Commodities: 0 / 4

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

The Winnu (discrider)

Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Sardakk N'orr (Preda) SPEAKER

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: (none)

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

Neutral Worlds
    N - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    N - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    N - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    N - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    N - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    N - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    N - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    N - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    N - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    N - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)
    N - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    N - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    N - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    N - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    N - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    N - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    N - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo): (0) Trade
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): (1) Leadership
    Sardakk N'orr (Preda): (3) Politics
    The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody): (4) Construction Current Player
    The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn): (6) Warfare
    The Winnu (discrider): (7) Technology

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Cards are out, @MrBody has the next action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @Hedgethorn somehow I missed that we could have traded commodities. Do you want to do a 2 for 2 (with none of your pillaging) on your next action?

CONSTRUCTION: place dock & PDS on Bereg

Secondary plays