As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 3: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Sorry, I was hoping I wouldn't be first, I want to try so many of the races, but starting locations sound important too.
    Decision making is hard guys.

I guess I'll start with Universities of Jol-Nar

@Lykouragh

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    You definitely didn't go wrong with that decision.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I might have made the same decision, I love the space squids of peace and learning.

Also MrBlarney you did a great job balancing this map I've been staring at it for about 20 minutes now trying to decide which position is best and I'm still not sure at all.

Pick Sol

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I hear the Fluke is the Duke of Sol
    Yeah!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited April 2018
    We are the Space Cats, the Emirates of Hacan. And our trade empire shall span the galaxy.

@El Skid

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Awww, was hoping space cats would somehow fall to me

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    I don’t really have a favorite race left, so I’m going to choose start loc E

• Options
    @β€œZombie Hero”

• Options
  • Options
    1xm8ieddsnvg.jpg
    Arborec

@Brody

Steam
  • Options
    I am very excited to play space plants and very skeptical of my ability to actually use them as intended.

Steam
  • Options
    I also wanted to play space plants but didn't want to get them and worst possible start.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I once played the plant in my high schools musical program. I had a crazy puppet that we made, which I sat inside of, on stage, for a solid 30 minutes.

Location F

Speaker Token.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Location B

@El Skid

Steam
  • Options
    So I get to choose between fighty-no techs and weird ghosty dudes?

Let's try the Sardokk N'orr, I'm ready for a good rumble!

@mindflare77 to choose next

• Options
    Thats, uh... not super what I was anticipating, but I'll take it.

• Options
    We are located in sector A.

@Lykouragh

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Brody wrote: Β»
    Thats, uh... not super what I was anticipating, but I'll take it.

If you like you can consider it a favour, repayable in game xD

El Skid on
  • Options
    See if the wormhole aliens would stop saying Corporeal is the Sisko, more people might want to hang out with them.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Location C

@38thDoe

• Options
    What are my choices?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I think D is the only option left?

El Skid - E
    Brody - F
    ZH - B
    Mindflare - A
    Lyk - C

And then Creuss defaults to me, and we move to the next phase.

Brody on

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I think you do the have a choice so much as you just get Section D?

Edit: Brody beat me to it. But yeah.

So, @MrBlarney for updated map, secret objectives, public objectives. Then @Brody for Strategy Card selection, I think.

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    So @MrBlarney to start then?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    mindflare77, just FYI pings that you edit in don't trigger.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    mindflare77, just FYI pings that you edit in don't trigger.

Well that's terribly disappointing.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Alright, gonna start working on the map for the start of the game now. In the meantime, I'll be sending out secret objective draws: keep one, and the remainder will be shuffled back into the secret objective deck.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Round 1: Start of Strategy Phase

38thDoe: Select the Universities of Jol-Nar.
    Lykouragh: Select the Federation of Sol.
    mindflare77: Select the Emirates of Hacan.
    El Skid: Select location E.
    Zombie Hero: Select the Arborec.
    Brody: Select location F.
    Brody: Select the Speaker Token.
    Zombie Hero: Select Location B.
    El Skid: Select the Sardakk N'orr.
    mindflare77: Select Location A.
    Lykouragh: Select Location C.
    38thDoe: Select Location D.
    Brody: Select the Ghosts of Creuss.

All players draw two Secret Objectives, keeping one and returning the other to the deck. The Secret Objectives deck is then shuffled.
    The top two cards of the Public Objective deck are revealed:
    Develop Weaponry (1 VP): Own 2 unit upgrade technologies.
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    3 Stage I Objectives and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Current Map: Round 1, Start of Strategy Phase

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Emirates of Hacan - 0 VP
    The Arborec - 0 VP
    Federation of Sol - 0 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar - 0 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 0 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Develop Weaponry (1 VP): Own 2 unit upgrade technologies.
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    3 Stage I Objectives and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Emirates of Hacan: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Arborec: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Federation of Sol: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives

The Emirates of Hacan (mindflare77)
    Commodities: 0 / 6
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 0

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Trade Convoys)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Arretze (2R, 0I)
    R - Hercant (1R, 1I)
    R - Kamdorn (0R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Wrath of Kenara: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. After you roll a die during a Space Combat in this system, you may spend 1 Trade Good to apply +1 to the result.
    - Racial Technology: Production Biomes (Green, requires 2 Green): Action: Exhaust this card and spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to gain 4 Trade Goods and choose 1 other player; that player gains 2 Trade Goods.
    - Racial Technology: Quantum Datahub Node (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): At the end of the Strategy Phase, you may spend 1 token from your Strategy pool and give another player 3 of your Trade Goods. If you do, give 1 of your Strategy cards to that player and take 1 of his Strategy cards.
    - Masters of Trade: You do not have to spend a Command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Trade Strategy card.
    - Guild Ships: You can negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor.
    - Arbiters: When negotiating a transaction, Action Cards can be exchanged as part of that transaction.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Trade Convoys: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, you may negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Hacan player's units, return this card to the Hacan player.

The Arborec (Zombie Hero)
    Commodities: 0 / 3

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Stymie)
    Technology: Magen Defense Grid

Worlds:
    R - Nestphar (3R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Letani Warrior (Infantry): As Infantry, but Production 1.
    - Flagship: Duha Menaimon: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. After you activate this system, you may produce up to 5 units in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Bioplasmosis (Green, requires 2 Green): At the end of the Status Phase, you may remove any number of Infantry from planets you control and place them on 1 or more planets you control in the same or adjacent systems.
    - Racial Technology: Letani Warrior II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7. Production 2. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Mitosis: Your Space Docks cannot produce Infantry. At the start of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Stymie: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Arborec player cannot produce units in or adjacent to non-home systems that contain 1 or more of your units. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Arborec player's units, return this card to the Arborec player.

Federation of Sol (Lykouragh)
    Commodities: 0 / 4

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Military Support)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors

Worlds:
    R - Jord (4R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Advanced Carrier (Carrier): As Carrier, but Carry Capacity 6.
    - Racial Unit: Spec Ops (Infantry): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7.
    - Flagship: Genesis: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 12. Sustain Damage. At the end of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements in this system's space area.
    - Starting Technologies: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors
    - Racial Technology: Spec Ops II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 6. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Racial Technology: Advanced Carrier II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue): As Carrier, but Movement 2, Capacity 8. Sustain Damage.
    - Orbital Drop: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on 1 planet you control.
    - Versatile: When you gain command tokens during the Status Phase, gain 1 additional command token.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Military Support: At the start of the Sol player's turn: Remove 1 token from the Sol player's Strategy pool, if able, and return it to his reinforcements. Then, you may place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control. Then, return this card to the Sol player.

Universities of Jol-Nar (38thDoe)

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Research Agreement)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Jol (1R, 2I)
    R - Nar (2R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: J.N.S. Hylarim: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When making a combat roll for this ship, each (pre-modified) roll of 9 or 10 produces 2 additional hits.
    - Racial Technology: Spacial Conduit Cylinder (Blue, requires 2 Blue): You may exhaust this card after you ativate a system that contains 1 or more of your units; that system is adjacent to all other systems that contain 1 or more of your units during this activation.
    - Racial Technology: E-Res Siphons (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, gain 4 Trade Goods.
    - Fragile: Apply -1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Brilliant: When you spend a command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Technology Strategy card, you may resolve the primary ability instead.
    - Analytical: When you research a technology that is not a unit upgrade technology, you may ignore 1 prerequisite.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Research Agreement: After the Jol-Nar researches a technology that is not a faction technology: Gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-Nar player.

Sardakk N'orr (El Skid)
    Commodities: 0 / 3

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: (none)

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (Brody) SPEAKER

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Neutral Worlds
    N - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    N - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    N - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    N - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    N - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    N - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    N - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    N - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    N - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    N - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    N - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    N - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    N - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    N - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    N - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    N - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    N - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    N - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    N - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)
    N - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    N - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    N - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    N - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    N - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)
    N - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)
    N - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Order of Play
    The Ghosts of Creuss (@Brody)
    The Emirates of Hacan (mindflare77)
    The Arborec (Zombie Hero)
    Federation of Sol (Lykouragh)
    Universities of Jol-Nar (38thDoe)
    Sardakk N'orr (El Skid)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Edit: I have no idea what's going on now

Brody on

• Options
    Brody you are turquoise. Also oof that turn order.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    As speaker, don't I go first?

• Options
    I think so. I was more lamenting my position.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    @Brody Yes, you are first to pick your strategy card. Play the progresses based off of initiative order of the strategy cards.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    Oh, I thought "oof" was supposed to be an acronym.

• Options
    Yeah, I just got confused and distracted.

Diplomacy

@mindflare77

• Options
    Trade.

@Zombie Hero

Also, going to just throw this out there now. I'll refresh you for "free" if you then give me a commodity.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    Trade.

@Zombie Hero

Also, going to just throw this out there now. I'll refresh you for "free" if you then give me a commodity.

That's a good offer, will probably accept, but i need to review commodities rules before i can confirm. Looking over the strategy card options, and have narrowed it down to two. I think i need to understand arborec a little more. Will have the selection soon.

Steam
  • Options
    Warfare

@Lykouragh

Steam
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @mindflare77 Ok, trying to understand this.

1. Right now i have 0/3 commodities. If you were to replenish using the strategy card, I would go up to 3/3.
    2. I can't spend commodites myself, but they help with trading power.
    3. I then turn around and give you 1 commodity, which turns into a trade good for you, and i go down to 2/3.

Is this correct?

Edit: Also, don't we have to be neighbors for this to be possible?

Zombie Hero on
    Steam