As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] World: New elder dragon event. Squad up!

1939495969799»

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    so with this new chestpiece i can build a set with attack 4, we 3, crit eye 3, crit boost 3, guard 3, stun resist 2, and non-ele

45% base crit

and it looks decent

but

mah defense skills tho

you can't post something like this without telling us the whole thing

that's just mean
    odo lance
    eyepatch w tendrrizer
    kulve chest w crit boost/attack
    urugaan glove w crit boost
    odo waist w elementless
    uruagaan boots w expert
    attack charm

urgh, that's gonna look not great on a lady character. I don't like the combination of uragaan boots & odo waist

thankfully layered armor has come to the rescue this patch, so we can all be happy

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Maybe switch gloves to teo or jeeves and legs to dober and charm to guard? Don't know if you'd need more attack somewhere

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    dober chest and boots is what i usually run

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    that said

dante pants

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm gonna be running tempered stuff in the Zenny Arcade session until we've got some people.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    I'm stuck working night shifts till Tuesday....I so want to be raiding all weekend. Gah!

Hope you all have a happy hunting weekend. May your drops be shiny and rare.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Wow. We are almost to 100 pages already. Sheesh! The thread opened March 4.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Wait, good lord, is Dante already live?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    No, next week. The stats are out, though.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I am just floored by the attention Capcom is giving this game. Other games would tease this content for six months and then charge $9.99 each for the Alloy / Ryu / Dante stuff and then another $19.99 for the 'map pack' to unlock KT.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I am just floored by the attention Capcom is giving this game. Other games would tease this content for six months and then charge $9.99 each for the Alloy / Ryu / Dante stuff and then another $19.99 for the 'map pack' to unlock KT.
    To be fair, though, Monster Hunter has, for a very long time, run under a release schedule where they would release one iteration of the game (Monster Hunter 4) and then release it again in about a year with the expansion for full price (Monster Hunter 4U/4G) with no way to buy or play the expansion without buying the game all over again. The US hasn't been hit by this much because of Capcom's tendency to only port over about half of the games to the US, depending on console. Monster Hunter 4 never came out in the US, but Monster Hunter 4U did. Monster Hunter Portable Third never came out in the US either.

Through it all, though, Capcom has been fairly good at post-release content, even in the PSP days.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    You can carve it. Trust me.

I know you can, I'm just having real bad luck.

I also hate the flood of the random rarity weapons that are 99% trash too, but what can you do

I kind of like it, if only because it introduces a rando element to the drops that has me wondering "what will I unlock today!" Then again my first true kill I got a rarity 8 long sword so I'm the best woo goo preacher.

Teach me your secrets to getting the game to drop what you want.

Because I'm at 5 clears (4 horn breaks) and have yet to get a single Charge Blade. That's like, what, 60+ weapon drops and not a single one of the only weapon I use?!

I dont really use Charge Blades but I got this one yesterday, no idea if its good or not?

3e836136-237b-4bb4-a867-72210bb1e0e9.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=coDiZ%2F7CDtclQJQEPlZ%2F9JfWBaLdzI0WGgh7ZZUNJIg%3D

I've only gotten a single rarity 8 so far, this one.

a08142d7-ae3e-421c-a141-aa3edc87cf60.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=3KEnTnpJEaxUy8IWa8XBQbH9dpQcziDKN6LDDZ95mVg%3D

Edit: Thats what I get for not reading the entire thread before posting...

Sirialis on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    @fRAWRst

Sorry I was gone for so long; I've been on vacation

I'm sure you posted better Nerg time in the past 30 pages but for "still learning" you've got the fundamentals down on lock. I like to use Charged Brutal Upswings to start with for the opening stun, but for Nerg the biggest part of getting better DPS is figuring out how much to weaken his white spikes without breaking them while he's flailing, so you can chain his stunned state.

Also I never actually do a full mount on Nerg unless it's at the very start; being mounted gets him aggressive again while he's fleeing so I probably would have jumped off and done a charged jumping smash attack on his head and hoped for a break on his horns or limbs. When in doubt, aim for those

Ironically I htink you end up saving on time if you don't sharpen from blue to white in mid-battle; it's quite a bit of time spent and you have the potential for taking big damages.

Otherwise, what're you asking me for! Practice will get your times below mine, I'm sure

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Anybody doing kulve at the mo? Also is there room in the squad? I'm usually running with a different group but there's only like 3 of us

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    I love how every time I come to this thread I feel like I need a glossary that I don't have to understand most posts.

I think the time requirement to get into the real game may be what makes me put the game down.

The whole game is the real game. If you don't enjoy the first few hours you most likely won't be changing your mind at any point down the road as the core gameplay remains the same.

I did enjoy the first few hours. Then I started running into systems where ostensibly I would need a guide book to continue. It felt like an information overload.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    New thread! Please post there.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Sorry about that tempered Nerg wipe, @fRAWRst .

I thought I could handle it like a big man. ;_;

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Sorry about that tempered Nerg wipe, @fRAWRst .

I thought I could handle it like a big man. ;_;

no worries brother

i run vitality+3 now on almost all my sets cause tempered dives get real dumb

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    vitality 3 is life

Literally.

steam_sig.png