As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Third Expansion Announced - End of Dragons! We're going to Cantha!

• Options
    freelancerbobfreelancerbob UKRegistered User regular
    Saeris wrote: »
    I think W2Z2 took me longer than every other zone combined, in tribulation mode. Look forward to it.

Did it today! Only 2-3 to go. Yes, there was a nasty dodgejump-immediate rejump and steer past spikes in the air combo after one checkpoint I must have sunk a cool 150 lives into, perhaps a quarter of my ( approimately) 600 lives spent so far, but only 2-3 to go, and I've picked up all shops and stumps/honeycombs on the way. brutal stuff, but an adequate award in terms of achievement points...a total of over 200AP!

What is this thing that is happening here.
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Aside from the exo-suit outfits, is there any actual gear in-game that shares the same general theme/look of the Inquest Mk 2 weapons? (Glowing/holographic parts, and all that.)

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Cultural Asura Armour (especially t3 heavy). Scarlet Helm/Gloves/Spaulders.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    You might also consider SAB skins...while most of them are weapons, the backpacks and minipets might accentuate that kind of look.

I say this so i can smoothly segue into announcing I HAVE CLEARED SUPER ADVENTURE BOX TRIBULATION MODE COMPLETELY WOOO. I spent in the region of 20 or so hours, about 8-900 lives, 538 gems for the infinite continue coin, a whole lot of swears and finger cramps, and most of a birthday booster I had on me the first time I went in without remembering it strips buffs. It's been a real journey...a SUPER JOURNEY, and I feel a deep sense of satisfaction and pride. The storm wizard and king toad collections you say? maybe next year:D

Edit: I couldn't have done it without Leandriell's patience as I ranted and fumed, and the very excellent TACO and especially Tekkit's guides.

freelancerbob on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I'm almost done with the toad king collection, but I really should clear tribulation mode world 2 at some point. It just seems like a massive pain, way worse than world 1.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    I'm almost done with the toad king collection, but I really should clear tribulation mode world 2 at some point. It just seems like a massive pain, way worse than world 1.

I mean, yeah, it is, but trust me if you can clear world 1 you can clear world 2, it just has a few more tricky bits, and is longer. it isn't much more difficult technically really. Plus, y'know, like 115 AP locked up there.

• Options
    LeandriellLeandriell Registered User regular
    Aside from the exo-suit outfits, is there any actual gear in-game that shares the same general theme/look of the Inquest Mk 2 weapons? (Glowing/holographic parts, and all that.)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mark_Y_Golem Maybe?

• Options
    Leandriell wrote: »

Oh, something I want, for sure, but probably won't get for a long while.

Unrelated, but is there a way to search through all your alts' inventories? I appear to have misplaced my Caladbolg Rosa and I can't find it anywhere.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

Unrelated, but is there a way to search through all your alts' inventories? I appear to have misplaced my Caladbolg Rosa and I can't find it anywhere.

You can search by name by clicking on the bar at the top of your inventory. Just go through your acts one by one.

Also check your personal guild bank, if you have one.

• Options
    M-Vickers wrote: »

You can search by name by clicking on the bar at the top of your inventory. Just go through your acts one by one.

Also check your personal guild bank, if you have one.

Alts, not acts.

• Options
    edited April 2018

I use GW2Efficiency for this and many other things! https://gw2efficiency.com/

Leandriell on
  • Options

I use GW2Efficiency for this and many other things! https://gw2efficiency.com/

Thank you! That did the trick.

• Options
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/april-20-guild-wars-2-weekend-bonus/

Gather round everyone... it's farming weekend! Also, double exp in open world pve and wuv wuv....if that means double rank progression in wuvwuwvwuvwuvwuvwuwvwuwv, sign me the heck up!

• Options
    MortifiedPenguinMortifiedPenguin Registered User regular
    Ohh great, as a TC player I get to be run over by my own guild :P

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Don't act like you don't deserve it.

• Options
    Managed W1Z1 of Tribulation mode. Just because not having the furniture vendor was irritating me! That's enough for one year!

• Options
    Double XP has started !

I'm going to finish off my last two crafting skills, and delete and level all my alt account toons to level 10, so I can have a month of key farming without using tomes of knowledge to level up.

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    I finally feeling the siren call again and have gotten back into the Guild Wars. Could I get an invite? Territory.1983

• Options
    I finally feeling the siren call again and have gotten back into the Guild Wars. Could I get an invite? Territory.1983

Done! Welcome aboard!

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Curse this super fun bonus weekend. I totally got sucked back in and started a new engineer - now I'm already like 6 maps in enjoying the crap out of it. Let's see if I can beat my Map Completion record of 53% before burning out this time! =P

• Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Haven't been playing too much lately. But I did finally get around to coloring and touching up that picture of my charr (Sharkweek!) I drew awhile ago.

Haven't colored anything in PS in a long time, but I'm happy how it turned out.

9v7kbi6v5ng2.jpg

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    That looks great! Go Charr!

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Hybrid_Dolphin87Hybrid_Dolphin87 ScotlandRegistered User regular
    I need your help and advice good people of the GW2: Passion for Fashion thread.

Been playing this on and off as a f2p game but feeling I am enjoying it enough to consider paying some money towards it, however when doing so I get two options.

Path of Fire or heart of thorns, I get these are the expansions but is there a particular one I should be buying first or?

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

Been playing this on and off as a f2p game but feeling I am enjoying it enough to consider paying some money towards it, however when doing so I get two options.

Path of Fire or heart of thorns, I get these are the expansions but is there a particular one I should be buying first or?

Path of fire gets mounts. Mounts are a big qol upgrade. Also fun content.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    As a fairly big noob I enjoyed HoT storyline more than PoF. I can't remember if PoF spoils any of HoT's story either, but I believe it might mention certain events from HoT as backstory for PoF?

I'd start with HoT for that reason despite how big mounts are.

Cirira on
  • Options

Thank you!

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Of the two I think path of flames is probably the more directly useful one. The mounts make getting around in all areas easier. Heart of thorns is even easier to get around with once you have a springer and a manta ray before you get your glider fully buffed out and your abilities to jump off mushrooms and what not.

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    So, the patch today actually buffed rangers. This means the game is closing within the next 2 weeks, right?

253J736.png
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to trying the new underwater combat. I always liked it, but killing things felt so slow compared to land combat.

Damage buffs for everyone !

And I'm looking forwards to some treasure chest hunting.

The key you get given works on all chests, and you can apparently get an extra one each day for killing 10 kraits.

After that, they appear to be random drops, but non-ornate keys only work on one specific chest, and you have to go to the guy in Lions Arch to find which chest it opens.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    oh my god Druid nerfs and Healing Engineer buffs

DEAR FRACTAL PUGS: LET ME BRING MY FUCKING ENGINEER AS A HEALER. DO IT. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT. ;-;

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Poor eles. Nerf weaver, yes, but leave core ele alone to keep other builds viable.

Worth noting you get a discount if you get both at the same time.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

Thank you!

Path of Fire also let's you get the latest episodes of the latest living world season for free as they come out.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106 wrote: »

Thank you!

Path of Fire also let's you get the latest episodes of the latest living world season for free as they come out.

POF it is for now then, the other I can pick up at a later date.

Follow up question, Charr's look sick as f*** but what is the logical best class to play as one?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Thank you!

Follow up question, Charr's look sick as f*** but what is the logical best class to play as one?

A lot of players don't like how Charr tails interact with medium armor's frequent butt cloaks so you may wish to stick with heavy (warrior, guardian) or light (elementalist, mesmer, necromancer) armor types for your cowcat.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

Thank you!

A lot of players don't like how Charr tails interact with medium armor's frequent butt cloaks so you may wish to stick with heavy (warrior, guardian) or light (elementalist, mesmer, necromancer) armor types for your cowcat.

Ah i rolled a Elementalist for my charr, might reroll as something else cos I already have a human necro.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Thank you!

Ah i rolled a Elementalist for my charr, might reroll as something else cos I already have a human necro.

Eles and necros play pretty differently from each other. All the classes do really even if they share the same armor type.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

Thank you!

Eles and necros play pretty differently from each other. All the classes do really even if they share the same armor type.

I wasn't really feeling ele, but to be fair I didn't really play it for that long.

I'll maybe keep it going for a bit and get rid if still not feeling it.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Thank you!

Charr necros with the skull facepaint look crazy I am a fan.

• Options
    kaid wrote: »

Thank you!

Charr necros with the skull facepaint look crazy I am a fan.

I have a human Necro that looks alot like Loki from Marvel but if i didn't i'd totally roll a Charr Necro

• Options
    So i bought path of fire, and whilst I do enjoy the game i feel somewhat lost as i play it along side FF14 and a little rift and WoW I get that its major selling point is its unlike the "holy trinity" and thats fine but I was wondering what newbie advice you would give to someone starting out?