As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile]Bestiary League begins on March 2nd

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    came up with a build that can one shot shaper, am like sweet this is gonna be a meme then find out somebody has already done it ANGERY

guess im gonna use this unearth enchant for something else then >:(

(idea was umbilicus w/ souls wick spectres, using a +3 all gems shield with unearth helm enchant to get like level 95 corpses with 50k base hp, multiply out hp, damage, etc with nodes, summon spectres on bosses then drink a coruscating elixir to drop the spectres to 1hp. with all those multipliers they do like 2million damage each, you can do ele equilibrium so they have infinity pen, etc)

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    As anticipated, I'm having a ton of fun making alts with fancy cheap uniques and plowing through the story hilariously fast. It's really cool how much you can overpower low level characters with 1-2 chaos and random stuff you find on your main along the way. I found a Tabula on my main totems guy so that obviously helps a lot, and I can give my newbie friends a bunch of sweet stuff for almost nothing at all.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Finally got that last trial to pop. Strangely as I was sitting in global 820 waiting for someone to post about it as I had given up on it heh.

So yay slayer overleech activated. Now to work on my poets dude. Should increase single target boss mob damage to an insane amount.

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    I six linked an Inpulsa and I want to do something with it... but WHAT TO DO? Part of me wants to make Arc work still, but I think I just fail at that every league repeatedly.

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Conversion EK nova or blade vortex seems to be popular with Inpulsa's, I haven't played either myself though.

I found the cat portal beast last night and killed the boss on my GC miner. I was pretty surprised how hard he hits for, his wave attack hit me for 5200 hp and 2100 mana, which is almost enough to one shot that character. Thankfully I didn't die but that was eye opening. The boss dropped the chest armor which is awesome, it seems to go for 7-8ex on BSC.

So far I've found 4 avian portal beasts, 1 crab, and 1 cat. Hopefully I can find a spider so I won't have to buy it. My characters are level 94 and 92, I've been running t13+ maps in the hopes of finding portal beasts.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I burned myself out dying three times to a rare Core boss on level 91. I enjoyed this build but I can't get enough ES to feel comfy. Next time a tanky/leeching melee build.

I still managed to amass 3ex and 400c quite easily which is nice. I might play a bit more just to make my trophy a little less pitiful and try to reach a few shaper guardians so I can practice them at least once.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    just killed kitava with a pure phantasm occultist summoner build

two no link spectres for moral support (frenzy and power charge apes with blood magic so they spam the charge generating yells), animate guardian with breath of the dying for 18% more curse effect plus 18% bonus damage and looking swag, 2 lightning golems to kill worms / enemies to summon the phantasms

actually does pretty crazy dps?

i tested a level 21 gem and they seem to do about 300-400 base physical damage at that level, so it looks like the primo choice here is to ignore fire damge and just scale them pure cold lightning with a high aura effect hatred and grip of the council, then just put more flat lightning on them than god and run wrath

with generosity the wrath is giving them something like 45% more lightning damage, so going to stack as much of it as possible in abyss jewels and see where it takes me. running proj weakness / crit weakness / ele weakness with ele equil avatar of fire ball lightning, and they seem to have pretty close to 100% crit with 3 pcs. i am not sure if the base crit of their spell is higher than 5% - might be 6%, like unearth, which it seems to be most similar to (ek spectres also have 6% base crit). with spell echo and a high power haste + some good nodes and minion speed on crit / kill stuff kept up with worms they seem to be pretty turbo

i think you could prob meme this into a proper build but to be honest why focus on the phantasms when you could just do srs and have the phantasms as a clear thing. the funny thing about the occultist profane bloom is that it seems to inherit monster damage multipliers if they are the ones who trigger it, so it always one shots - presumably because it's getting 50% more from minion damage, any flat they have, then 200-300% increased from their minion damage shenanigans and any other gems which takes it over 100%. I'm going to get the -chaos res aura next as i can't really get much else (using severed in sleep as my mainhand over scourge rn because a little bit of poison seems jolly and i might run despair - high curse effect despair is basically like a miniature envy aura). poison is pretty clearly a meme but not sure which direction i'll take them. I think i probably want to get a 6link caster weapon next and stick them in that - the problem i am having is that the ideal is a +2minions helm but it looks like the supports i would have to use would be hypothermia + innervate as i don't want immolate as much (although it wouldn't be awful). i also need to test if the "socketed spells have 3% crit" works on them - it works on herald of ice, which does not benefit from spell bonuses, and thus i suspect given how phantasm works with arcane surge - adding a spell tag to eg attacks ot they can proc arcane surge - they might well get that crit bonus. but of course ggg being ggg you cant see their properties....

btw my shield is light of lunaris with necro aegis. im pretty sure its giving them somewhere between 50 and 70% crit multi along with 76% spell crit chance, helping both the lightning golems and the phantasms. really meme choice that works very well given im using apes as a better version of victario

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I finished my 39th challenge last week and I'm slowly slowly grinding down my 40th. 1500 augmented maps is actually obnoxious but I'm getting like 50-100 done a day. Only 500 more to go...

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    So I did a really smart thing...

I forgot to add chance to shock to my starforge cycloner. All the deeps now.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I've always wondered about the possibility of unique skill gems. Say, a Blood Offering gem that gives minor (very minor) Spirit and Bone offering effects too, or a Mirage Archer support gem variant that creates one stationary mirage and one you carry with you. I remember seeing some comment somewhere stating GGG has said they will never do that, and I imagine it would involve lots of balancing work and make "regular" builds feel too useless compared to the chase versions.

Maybe some variants of skill gems that offer both new effects/features but also a drawback, like a Righteous Fire gem with an area that expands but also contracts like one of those "breathe in sync with this image to calm your heartbeat" gifs.

That sounds like Vaal skills.

edited April 2018
    Oh wait looks like they explode still heh.

Jubal77 on
    edited April 2018
    I've always been aware of min-maxing being crazy in ARPGs, and how much of a premium people are willing to pay for relatively small differences on items that roll a range. But this was kind of ridiculous, though it was fun for me!

I'm leveling a molten strike templar (it's awesome!), and wound up buying a pair of Wildfire jewels for 1c each, as I checked the wiki and it didn't mention that they were one of the act 5 quest rewards. Turns out, they are! So I wound up with an extra one and decided to resell it to get one of my chaos back, and listed it for 1c. They roll 10-15% extra fire damage, the ones I bought were 14%, and the one I got from the quest was 15%, which I didn't really notice. I immediately had two people message me to buy it, and in the 10 seconds or so I took to respond, one of them says "I'll give you 5!"

So I sold it for 5, hooray. I got a little curious and noticed the 15% versions are going for that much or more on average on poe.trade, which just seemed silly. So I plugged it into path of building using the imported build template from the guide I'm using (molten strike inquisitor with claws), and saw that the 14% -> 15% difference is around 100 DPS....out of 273,000. I get that 5 chaos isn't huge for most people, but damn that's silly.

Fiatil on
    A garbage roll Primordial Harmony is 5 chaos. A perfect one is 6 exalts.

It's a difference of about 3% more damage.

edited April 2018
    Yeah I had a perfect life roll Belly drop for me and sold it rather quickly for almost double what the mid tier ones were going for at the time. But the difference there are more noticable. A good 2-3 skill points of % life.

Jubal77 on
    talking of money a friend just quit the league and gave me some items worth several hundred ex so im going to go BIG SPENDER MODE and buy some really shit overpriced meme items

obF2Wuw.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    You should buy and corrupt some Presences of Chayula

You know I am usually not all that much into cosmetics. I wanted one of the cherubs. I like the sin/innocence combined armor but not enough to by hundreds of dollars in boxes.

I may, however, spend the 20bucks or whatever it is on this.

Yessssss. Finally got my first exalted drop in a random act 9 Vaal portal. Leveling too many alts has finally paid off!

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I keep trying to do uber labyrinth on my current character and I keep failing. I don't think I've even made it past the second Izaro fight.

I did just replace my belt with a Darkness Enthroned and bought two jewels to go with it, which Path of Building says increases my DPS by about 30%. Too bad that doesn't stop me from getting oneshotted.

I don't think I'll be doing an evasion based character next league.

Izaro can be a buggy fight with the projectiles and that other attack based off his hit box. Can one shot regardless of the build sometimes heh.

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    I'm doing a likely bad arc poet's pen lightning warp build with my 6l inpulsa's. I guess if it feels horrible I'll swap to blade vortex

edited April 2018
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2137408

ignite changes up

given you can currently do a 3mill shaper dps bear trap build i would be surprised if they dont actually break ignite with these changes

i gain 20% more damage from ele, 25% more base damage, 20% extra fire shred from combustion gem... this is at a minimum a doubling of the builds ignoring the node changes. huh

they buffed flameblast and made no changes to how attacks ignite. this is uh... not great?

they special cased the burning based skills while ignoring why they are frustrating to scale - eg fireball not scaling with spell damage, but witches only getting spell damage nodes and wands to start with - and the stupid stuff, like dyadus, is still in, meaning you HAVE to run a dyadus guardian to do ignite builds :<

what i woudl have done with dyadus is gone "100% increased effect of chill from attacks with this weapon in offhand, 100% more ignite damage from attacks with this weapon while in mainhand", which goes with the theming and makes it actually behave like the ignite based weapon its meant to be rather than being a bizarre stat stick debuff

elementalist radius changes rule though, same with ignite prolif gem

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Grand Spectrum viable again?

grand spectrum is not as good as a decently rolled fire + burning damage + any other 2 mod jewel as it is, so not much change there

obF2Wuw.png
    Even more Ngha axe funtimes ahead!

I like Herald of Ice explosions as much as the next guy but give me fuel, five me fire, give me that which I desire.

also i think i have a burning arrow build with several mill shaper dps as things are so we shall see how this S C A L E Z next patch

obF2Wuw.png
    Any ideas for Uber Elder builds? My summoner face rolled everything except Uber Elder which in turn was crazy difficult to do. I guess there's always RF and BF but I prefer caster focused builds in general.

Molten Strike tanky? Volatile Dead Poets?

for uber ulder just pick something fucked up

literally anything assassin multi hit poison (volkuurs barrage, molten strike)
    blade flurry bullshit
    poets pen nonsense
    etc

obF2Wuw.png
    Given that I'm still playing way too much of this, I figured I would ask again:

Is anyone around who can invite to the PA Guild? My account name in-game is Fiatil if anyone is still active!

I can invite but the guild is currently full. The current guildmaster is banned on this forum and he said he'd make me guildmaster a while ago but that hasn't happened and I haven't heard from him since then. I'll try to catch him online sometime to ask him to either remove some folks that haven't logged on in years or make me guildmaster so I can do it.

Gotcha! Thanks for looking into it.

Did my last 200 maps for 40/40 today. My last 500 or so were just buying 2ex worth of white sextants and pushing Elder influence to white maps so I could shield charge to the boss. Easily the worst grind challenge I can remember them doing yet, just absolutely monotonous. Atleast the Atziri and Lich grinds involved a boss.

Victory group photo with my undead boyos!
    hM19ONz.jpg

I need to find a spider to get to 36, I've found 3 tigers so far so hopefully a spider shows up soon. I'm gonna stop at 36.

You can probably buy a spider capture in trade 820 for under 30c.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    mccart wrote: »
    I can invite but the guild is currently full. The current guildmaster is banned on this forum and he said he'd make me guildmaster a while ago but that hasn't happened and I haven't heard from him since then. I'll try to catch him online sometime to ask him to either remove some folks that haven't logged on in years or make me guildmaster so I can do it.

I think I'm still in the community. I play on Xbox now, I'll try to get my PC instead patched up and gquit.

remember that one shot spectre build i posted about

somebody posted a vid of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYEUCR2kf5A&amp;feature=youtu.be

obF2Wuw.png
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    mccart wrote: »

I think I'm still in the community. I play on Xbox now, I'll try to get my PC instead patched up and gquit.

Speaking of Xbox, I keep playing there instead of on my perfectly capable PC. Partially because it looks awesome and partially because I have an issue with my left hand that forces me to play with three fingers and the controller does not cause any issues. That said, I made the mistake of checking out a magma orb meta build that looked kinda fun and realized at level 70 that I would never be able to get my hands on a pretty crucial helm enchant because on Xbox there aren't enough players and there simply isn't a market for such things. It's basically a semi solo self found experience.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    remember that one shot spectre build i posted about

somebody posted a vid of it

This is fucking genius.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck