As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OPEN SPOILERS! 10 Years, 18 Movies, it has all been leading to [Avengers: Infinity War]

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Yeah, it has occurred to me that they could be full of shit.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Kind of not really spoiler based on interviews with the Russos, that might shed some light on the story arc:
    I recall them saying that the film works as a standalone, rather than having some major cliffhanger. Assuming this is accurate, it sounds like the movie won't end with Thanos killing everyone, fade to black.

It still could be, tho.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    They said A3 and A4 would be more like Winter Solider and Civil War than 2 parts of the exact same story.

Which is cool because I enjoyed the continuity in WS and CW

But then again, they could just be trying to throw people.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Kind of not really spoiler based on interviews with the Russos, that might shed some light on the story arc:
    I recall them saying that the film works as a standalone, rather than having some major cliffhanger. Assuming this is accurate, it sounds like the movie won't end with Thanos killing everyone, fade to black.

It still could be, tho.
    I dunno, a snap and fade to black would be a pretty definitive ending, lol.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    This is now canon

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular

It still could be, tho.

It would be coo....but aren't there a lot of movies between A3 and A4? How would that work?

I don't see it happening realistically.

Also, speculative spoilers that I feel pretty confident about so don't click if you want to go in as unspoiled as possible. Also random Last Jedi spoiler below so beware if you haven't seen:
    I'm almost 100% certain that Captain America is going to die...probably Tony Stark and possibly one of the Guardians as well.

I'm ok with most of them except Captain America. Chris Evans is and always will be the quintessential Captain America. He's basically this generation's Christopher Reeves. I'm going to have a really hard time with that one...much like I did with Luke Skywalker and why I avoided TLJ for a while.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Heir wrote: »

It still could be, tho.

It would be coo....but aren't there a lot of movies between A3 and A4? How would that work?

I don't see it happening realistically.

Also, speculative spoilers that I feel pretty confident about so don't click if you want to go in as unspoiled as possible. Also random Last Jedi spoiler below so beware if you haven't seen:
    I'm almost 100% certain that Captain America is going to die...probably Tony Stark and possibly one of the Guardians as well.

I'm ok with most of them except Captain America. Chris Evans is and always will be the quintessential Captain America. He's basically this generation's Christopher Reeves. I'm going to have a really hard time with that one...much like I did with Luke Skywalker and why I avoided TLJ for a while.

There's 2 movies between A3 and A4 - Ant Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel.

AM&W will take place before A3, and Captain Marvel is set in the 1990's.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Wait that's it? What about Spiderman 2?

Crap ok good to know.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

Crap ok good to know.

After, July 5th. A4 is in early May.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Avengers IW clip - why hasn't anybody put all these together yet?

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I appreciate the humor breaking up the horrible dread I have that everyone is going to die.
    someone get Okoye a caramel macchiato before Thanos snaps!

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    His motivations are not a mystery

3twIMf0.jpg

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular

Crap ok good to know.

What, already? I didn't hear that. Is it considered Phase 3 or 4?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Crap ok good to know.

Phase 3. I mean early May 2019.

They were always set to be a year apart. They finished shooting in August and it's been in post since.

jungleroomx on
  • Options

Crap ok good to know.

They were always set to be a year apart. They finished shooting in August and it's been in post since.

No, I meant the Spiderman sequel. I didn't think they announced any movies after Avengers 4 yet. I figured we wouldn't see anything else until 2020. I must have missed the announcement.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

Crap ok good to know.

No, I meant the Spiderman sequel. I didn't think they announced any movies after Avengers 4 yet. I figured we wouldn't see anything else until 2020. I must have missed the announcement.

Phase four was in the works years back though not specific movies I think. It’s pretty easy to guess some though.

Quid on
  • Options

Crap ok good to know.

GOTG3 and SM2 are all the ones I can think of, but Captain Marvel 2 and Black Panther 2 are easy guesses.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I think they've pretty much said that the 2019 Spider-Man
    Will serve as the entryway into the post-Avengers 4 MCU.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Yeah Spider-Man 2 is the only one with a confirmed date for Phase 4. GotG3 is the only other confirmed film so far.

With Captain Marvel filming now, that means all of Phase 3 remaining has finished or is currently filming.

I’m guessing we will get announcements about the 2020 films after Infinity War releases.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2018
    Infinity War is apparently 2 hours 40 minutes. It had better be incredible.

EDIT: Possibly this isn't true and it's a more palatable 2:20.

Bogart on
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Apparently Béla Tarr will return from retirement to direct Avengers: Infinititango, which will, in fact, be infinitely long. The film will never end. In order to make filming, postproduction and release possible, it will be shown one frame an hour.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »

I'm shocked it isn't a full 3 hours, to be honest.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »

2 hours 36 minutes according to the theater website I looked at.

• Options
    I mean, that's only 8 minutes longer than Civil War, and that movie kept me engrossed all the way through.

High hopes!

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Don't go on Facebook or YouTube, YouTube has spoiled me on so many things just with recommended video screens having spoilers written in them.

Prohass on
  • Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    I'm already seeing the "but what about this minor thing? could this mean Infinity War will be awful?!?" click bait articles around now.

The one i glanced at was making the case that the movie is too funny.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    A REMINDER

The premiere is tonight and spoilers will start showing up all over the place immediately after, so I would like to impress upon everyone the need to clearly spoiler any information about what happens in the film for the time being. I'm sure in a few days or a week or so we can go spoiler wild and talk openly.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    I'm already seeing the "but what about this minor thing? could this mean Infinity War will be awful?!?" click bait articles around now.

On the basis of what? I might have missed a trailer, but everything I've seen so far has been pretty damn serious in tone.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    When's the review embargo up?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    There's not been any full press screenings yet so it's basically Wednesday in any practical sense. "Impressions" from the limited footage available on the press tour will probably be escaping containment this evening though.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »

On the basis of what? I might have missed a trailer, but everything I've seen so far has been pretty damn serious in tone.

There was limited showings of 30 minutes of the movie. Most people seemed to be saying generally the same things, but then there is always the few sites who use the opportunity to grab clicks by doomsaying based on twisting whatever rumor mill on its head.

Frequently using the "many fans are ____" and "Lots of people are saying ____" despite no evidence thats what the fans are actually saying.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »

There was limited showings of 30 minutes of the movie. Most people seemed to be saying generally the same things, but then there is always the few sites who use the opportunity to grab clicks by doomsaying based on twisting whatever rumor mill on its head.

Frequently using the "many fans are ____" and "Lots of people are saying ____" despite no evidence thats what the fans are actually saying.

Click-bait and hot takes, that'll make me want to root for Thanos' success.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Is it too early to start posting the Majora's Mask memes?

My hype runneth over but my showing isn't until Friday afternoon. It's going to be a tough, tough week.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I totally want Thanos to wreck everyone’s shit in this movie. I’m seriously rooting for him.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    I managed a Thursday ticket for a late show but I'll post very limited impressions

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I managed a Thursday ticket for a late show but I'll post very limited impressions

That's why I have Thursday tickets too.

Though it just occurred to me: Is Disney truly simultaneously releasing this everywhere? I remember for a while there, they would release in international markets first, to hype it up and to help combat piracy. But this time, it seems like it's just go time from the start.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

Though it just occurred to me: Is Disney truly simultaneously releasing this everywhere? I remember for a while there, they would release in international markets first, to hype it up and to help combat piracy. But this time, it seems like it's just go time from the start.

Yup, it's going to be a simultaneous worldwide release.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

It is, Black Panther was the same. I read that the Netherlands has a Wednesday release but that's an oddity which is unexplained at this time. (Or more accurately I've not found one after not looking)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
This discussion has been closed.