As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Goodbye fest banners. Also Magicite Keystones in two weeks.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Embrace the ninja earth skills

It's worth diving Yuffie Shadow and Edge even without SBs (you do have Edge SSB tho right)
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Chain+Edge USB0+OK pUSB gets me sub-30 on Ixion. Like, literally you have my exact team aside from the pUSB, and my best time is 21.95, so I THINK the 30/30 instead of pUSB should still work with some dualcast luck.
    *grumbles* No, I don't have Edge USB0.

Also if I dive Yuffie, I can't dive OK. I was really hoping to get Yuffie water stuff to make that a no brainer but it's Yuffie BSB1+LMR vs OK SSB+BSB+mUSB+OSB+LMR, so...

I'll keep workshopping it. Maybe putting OK back on Mage makes it fast enough to the degree that I need less healing out of Penelo and I just accept less damage from Bartz in return.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Ah, my mistake.

And yeah, mUSB makes OK an almost have to dive.

Ah, my mistake.

And yeah, mUSB makes OK an almost have to dive.
    What's kept me on the fence has been that I honestly just use him still on BSB most of the time because I've found the most success with hybrid teams, not full mage teams, and if he's doing damage instead of Entrust botting it's with the magical ninja skills so far, which doesn't excessively benefit from a dive.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Boy, Rinoa's BSB1 sure is an abjectly weak item on a banner with otherwise halfway-decent-to-great items.

Laguna and Snow LMRs aren't very good either.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FF9 Renewal 100 gems: 3* blah

Skipping the Ice Pick up banner, because I don't think I'd be happy with ANY hits, which is crazy.

Data for posterity:
    3 misses in a row

30/242 lifetime

11/82 this batch

9/65 last batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Fucking rinoa bsb1 dupe #3. Ugh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I’m tempted to actually save up mythril until the next fest or something since I can currently beat all the 4* magicites save Siren (haven’t tried much)

Otherwise, an ice chain would be great.

edited April 2018
    Hades down and mastered, 49.86. Slow and steady, easily reproducible. Literally just "two heal (one with Astra), two entrust (well, OK with USB and entrust), TGCid to shove meter into for OSB and BSB." But annoying regardless. Timing dispel is the hard part.

So that's all eight, got Fabula Priestess, but don't see any reason to ever use it.

Jragghen on
    Wasn't until I got Fabula Priestess that I realized that each of Elarra's RW soul breaks are named after some sort of adventurer role. The guardian protects the team, the raider goes for damage, and the priestess heals everyone.

Okay, workshopped it a bit...

s6uqDkOl.png

Better. Still not amazing, but better.

Swapped OK to physical and gave him the Earth Ninja stuff so he could help run up the Chain count super fast. Damage wasn't the absolute best in the world still but it was an improvement.

Theoretically with 3 4* Earth Magicite at 99 with inheritance this gets closer. I question whether this setup can get sub30 without some Earth boosting equipment, unfortunately.

Will keep playing around with things...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Evrae x2 seems to help make my midgardsormr sub-30 run less random. If I don’t get too badly screwed by slows or interrupts I usually have the damage. Gotta get the bits for a fast act 8 since that seems like the best inherent in evrae.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Are there any really necessary abilities to craft and hang onto that aren’t nightmare-records? I’m sitting on a horde of orbs and want to simply shore up my horde of stuff. Money’s no object- still sitting on that horde from the Anniversary dungeon- but I need some good abilities to catch up...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Are there any really necessary abilities to craft and hang onto that aren’t nightmare-records? I’m sitting on a horde of orbs and want to simply shore up my horde of stuff. Money’s no object- still sitting on that horde from the Anniversary dungeon- but I need some good abilities to catch up...
    Don't craft anything until you need it, period. You never know when you pull some random relic that all of a sudden mandates R5 Chain Blizzaga or something equally insane.

Generic 5* damage abilities for characters you use up to R3 are fine but if you have any more specific questions/information, just ask.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Spectrum wrote: »

It's worth diving Yuffie Shadow and Edge even without SBs (you do have Edge SSB tho right)
    Chain+Edge USB0+OK pUSB gets me sub-30 on Ixion. Like, literally you have my exact team aside from the pUSB, and my best time is 21.95, so I THINK the 30/30 instead of pUSB should still work with some dualcast luck.

Also if I dive Yuffie, I can't dive OK. I was really hoping to get Yuffie water stuff to make that a no brainer but it's Yuffie BSB1+LMR vs OK SSB+BSB+mUSB+OSB+LMR, so...

I'll keep workshopping it. Maybe putting OK back on Mage makes it fast enough to the degree that I need less healing out of Penelo and I just accept less damage from Bartz in return.

Yuffie's AOSB is a 21-hit water combo. Granted, she can only do it once and it's a half-meter, but it's there.

steam_sig.png
    As far as my regular group, this is the usual setup I go with:

Yuffie: Shifting Sands, Desert Mirage. LM: Finders Keepers RM: Master of Shadows (helps play off Desert Mirage's effect and dodges damage). AOSB.
    Bartz: Tornado Strike, Frost Strike. No LM. RM: Spellblade Master. SSB.
    Beatrix: Guardbringer, Crushdown. LM: Undying Loyalty, First Paladin. OSB, BSB, SSB.
    Papalymo: Meteor, Ultima. No LM. RM: Sharlayan Thaumaturge. OSB, BSB.
    Penelo: Holy, Curaja. No LM. RM: Desert Bloom. BSB, SSB.

My current project is a dragoon of some type (mostly because I've been trying to find lots of them as RWs because of all the fights against Barbariccia in FFIV where you need to disrupt her with a jump), and after that... I dunno. I'm mostly done with FFIV as far as renewal dungeons, but considering FFX drops tonight and we're looking at massive numbers of events to clear... yeesh. At least I'm up to 50 mythril again.

As far as abilities... yeah, I need to clean and shatter a lot of these. I just don't know what's any good and what I can junk. Below is a list of all the abilities I have, and if you guys could maybe tell me if there are any real stinkers I should get rid of, or any really useful ones I'm missing, given my party above, well... I'd appreciate it. I'm not really as skilled at this as I should be, and thanks for all the help. I have access to all the released characters except for Kingdom Hearts, and will eventually earn enough growth eggs to get a couple up to 99 or so after a few events. My big thing is soul breaks- I can make a list of those if it would help, but as far as good ideas, these are a few starter ideas:

-Swolobez. I've read about it, I'm intrigued, and I'll make one just for shits and giggles.

-A support character. I just run two physicals, a black mage, a white mage, and a ninja. I suppose I could also use party help, too. I mean, cripes, I'm sick of seeing these nightmare records out there just staring me down, and I've only got two of twelve done before I can even think about espers. So any help I could get on that front would be welcome once I clean out the renewal dungeons of everything I can grab. Nothing like having the orbs and crystals to be able to pull out any ability you need for some annoying pain-in-the ass...

White Magic: Curaga x 2, Curaja, Protectga x 2, Shellga x 2, Silencega, Slowga, Haste, Esuna, Raise, Holy, Diaga, Dispel, Berserk, Faith x 2, Renewing Cure, Memento of Prayer, Arise, Curaise, Reflect.

Black Magic: Firaga, Firaja, Blizzaga, Blizzaja, Thundaga, Thundaja, Waterga, Waterja, Biora, Bioga, Dark, Darkra, Flare, Sleep, Confuse, Gravity, Stop, Comet, Break, Quake, Meteor, Blindga, Ruinga, Stonega, Drain, Ultima

Summons: Shiva, Ifrit, Ramuh, Syldra, Bahamut x 2 (error version and true version), Titan

Physical: Double Cut, Bladeblitz, Magic Break, Armor Break, Power Break, Mental Break, Pound, Cripple, Launch, Mind Break, Lifesiphon x 2, Crushdown

Support: Boost, Intimidate, Venom Attack, Wrath x 2, Entrust, Silence Buster, Dark Buster, Venom Buster, Sleep Buster, Magic Breakdown, Power Breakdown x 2, Armor Breakdown, Mind Breakdown

Celerity: Quickness, Wind Slash, Leg Shot, Tempo Flurry, Dismissal, Paralyzing Shot, Ripping Blast

Spellblade: Fira Strike, Blizzara Strike, Thundara Strike, Drain Strike, Waterga Strike, Aerora Strike, Bio Strike, Biora Strike, Tornado Strike, Frost Strike

Dragoon: Jump, Wind Jump, Soaring Jump x 2, Ice Jump x 2, Lightning Jump, Dragoon Jump, Blood of the Wyvern, Lightning Dive

Monk: Chakra, Kick, Memento of Might, Fires Within, Burning Rush, Icicle Rush

Thief: Steal Time, Thief's Revenge, Poison Leaves

Knight: Draw Fire x 2, Bracing Bash, Memento of Protection, Banishing Strike, Armor Strike, Shield Bash, Gaea's Cross, Guardbringer, Earthbringer

Samurai: Iai Strike, Retaliate, Hailstorm, Warring Frost, Freezing Moon

Ninja: Swift Bolt, Water Veil x 2, Shadowsteel, Fire Veil, Shifting Sands, Desert Mirage

Bard: Rallying Etude, Mana's Paean

Dancer: Box Step, Stutter Step, Weak Polka, Heathen Frolic

Machinist: Tempest Snipe

Darkness: Dark Bargain, Sanguine Cross, Dire Heal

Witch: Hell Thunder, Sudden Thunder, Sudden Freeze

steam_sig.png
    Shrine of Ivory is really annoying when you need dozens of White Cryatals and are pretty much done with White Orbs.

edited April 2018
    Whoa. I just got a 30.49 time on Siren. On a run where Tyro got Silenced. Maybe it could be turned into a sub-30 if I were to outfit Tyro with Dire Heal or Ultima Weapon instead of Ultra Cure? Or maybe if Riku dualcasted more than 1 time. Or perhaps if I had Riku use Sanguine or Crimson Cross instead of Lifesiphon. Using life-sacrifice against Siren seems like a majorly dangerous idea, though.

Edit:

Ooh, and now I have my first 80/99 Evrae. Now to level grind it until I get Surging Power to actually be something. At which point I inherit Fast Act from Midgardsormr, yeah?

Enlong on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    14 runs, 4 of each magicite. Done with Tiamat, unless I want some more ATK/MAG boosts for inheritance. Somehow, Tiamat is now my most stable run, despite not having a chain involved. :P

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Hrngh. Really want to pull for Snow since he is Best Dude, but most of the stuff below the 6* tier is garbage and/or dupes. Really wish for once they would put his good stuff on a banner that's at least moderately dense with goodies. Maybe I'll keep waiting for next fest; if they don't change anything, the banner there that has his chain is decently stacked.

If it was half-price you could chance it, but full price is just begging for disappointment.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Wow, en-element stacking Glints are being buffed to 50/80/120 for abilities and 80/100/120 for SBs, on top of the damage or high quickcasts. That's a pretty hefty boost in damage, to the point where USBs might get outclassed sometimes.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Midgardsomr is down as the last of the initial six!

Did it in 35s with:

Alph LD USB Tiamat R5/Faith +DMG RM
    Edge LD USB0 RS R3/RS R3 Gathering Storm
    Eiko USB Curada/Shellga Battleforged
    Ramza USB/LMR Affliction Break/Gust DMT
    OK BSB/LMR Meltdown R4/Protectga MM

My wind magicite is still around 65, so I should be able to shave some time off of that. The only other way this is getting any faster though is if I ever get any +wind gear or if I get a more offensive healer USB. The only ones who have a single +wind boost in this setup are OK and Ramza.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Maliris time down about 10 seconds, to 24, after switching 3 Star Magicite for 4s. I run into issues though in the back half of the fight, when the setup is done and I’m just beating her down, where the constant savage firagas are doing a lot of damage. I’ve got OK with water ninja skills and pUSB, and puts out a lot of damage, but I might go with Edge instead, using his SSB

Javen on
    I can reproduce my Hades kill, but everything rotates around that fucking dispel.

Yuffie's AOSB is a 21-hit water combo. Granted, she can only do it once and it's a half-meter, but it's there.

Also: Check out “Fate Calls, Power Awakens” under the FF4 renewal dungeons. Finishing the Difficulty 110 and 120 fights gets you copies of the ninja moves Reflecting Pool (two physical water attacks, adds Mirror Image to the user and enables Multiple Reflections) and Raging Waters (deals 3, 5, or 7 physical water hits depending on how many stacks of Mirror Image are active).

steam_sig.png

Also: Check out “Fate Calls, Power Awakens” under the FF4 renewal dungeons. Finishing the Difficulty 110 and 120 fights gets you copies of the ninja moves Reflecting Pool (two physical water attacks, adds Mirror Image to the user and enables Multiple Reflections) and Raging Waters (deals 3, 5, or 7 physical water hits depending on how many stacks of Mirror Image are active).
    I'm not sure I understand the relevance of what you are suggesting. I don't own Yuffie ASB, I already have those abilities, and I don't have a compelling need to dive her right now anyway as I have a sub30 Maliris...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Damn it I thought the ice banner was full of ice buff weapons

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    I must have misheard. I’ve been digging through renewal events and thought it was what you meant.

steam_sig.png
    Yay, 27s Siren.

It's not stable; while it does involve some strategy changes on my part, it's also predicated on some lucky dualcasts from Raines and Riku. But it's something. Now if only I had a need for Holy Crystals.

Got Siren! 51s, basically Cloud USB and BSB3 and try to survive. I also had Relm USB, OK pUSB and LMR, Larsa BSB, Shelke LD. Phantom magicite.

I’ve completed them all! I guess I wait for game changing relics to pull on or the next fest.

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    I'm still stuck on Ixion and Tiamat. I know I have the tools, I just need to take the time to figure out the best way to put them together.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Ardor wrote: »
    Got Siren! 51s, basically Cloud USB and BSB3 and try to survive. I also had Relm USB, OK pUSB and LMR, Larsa BSB, Shelke LD. Phantom magicite.

I’ve completed them all! I guess I wait for game changing relics to pull on or the next fest.

Using the summon that provides party reflect really changed that fight for me. The only attacks that Pierce it are the multi target holy attack and physical attack, all the single target stuff just bounced off.

Also using Zack windchain to work as a poor man's dark chain when combo with Cloud

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    God help me. I'm actually considering pulling on the Meia banner (a banner with 6 items that are either bad or dupes) just to shoot for Sarah relics. Someone remind me that her BSB can be earned from the Library, and why I'm overrating her LMR for Bard antics.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Everyone has very specific very personal reasons for pulling. Who are we to convince you?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Ardor wrote: »

Using the summon that provides party reflect really changed that fight for me. The only attacks that Pierce it are the multi target holy attack and physical attack, all the single target stuff just bounced off.

Also using Zack windchain to work as a poor man's dark chain when combo with Cloud

I'll have to look at that one. I didn't have a lot of high leveled dark magicite, so chose this one. I hope to refine as time goes on since I do have some nice tools for this one. I just saw one strategy where you pretty much just have Cloud as the DPS and you use the BSB3 CMD1 for quick cast. OF course, they did it sub 30, not I!

edited April 2018
    A bunch of people who've collectively proven more knowledgable about the game and smarter about decisions than I have been or probably will be.

But point taken. This is more me thinking out loud than anything, I guess.

Enlong on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    God help me. I'm actually considering pulling on the Meia banner (a banner with 6 items that are either bad or dupes) just to shoot for Sarah relics. Someone remind me that her BSB can be earned from the Library, and why I'm overrating her LMR for Bard antics.

Her BSB is selectable (or so you say, I haven't checked Library picks yet), and her Bard LMR only works for fights where she can safely run Bard Songs. So you need ProShellga covered elsewhere or they're not needed, and she needs to be able to cover healing, or you need to run her exclusively as a buff bot (maybe with Allegro in the other slot)?

Yeah. She's almost certainly better off where Eiko currently resides; as a Bard buffer who can weave in BSB heal commands after the Hymn hits maximum power. She's more defensive than Eiko, what with having Mblink instead of Critga on entry, and an instant heal command with the option for Dualcast on Dive. And it's not like Eiko has been lacking for usefulness when I decide to employ her as a full time Bard. Sarah's USB can't do much for me that I can't already do. If I want to make use of Sarah, I'll just select her BSB next time it comes 'round.

This discussion has been closed.