As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Nothing as specific as BttF, but it shares a theme. I am confident enough to run it as is, but if someone couldn't or wouldn't play but could offer some help. Another set of eyes might head off some Clarification requests.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Look your avatar is BttF. You can't fool me.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I'll do it. Send me a PM.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Hey, sorry for disappearing for a while.

My game is still mostly ready to go, but in looking at the mechanics more I think I would need a co-host so that more hours of the day were covered by a host (or I would have to wait until my family is out of town so there's no one to bother me about staring at my computer all hours of the day).

So anyone who has a game ready to go should feel free to go ahead of me.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    What hours do you need covered?

• ThingymanThingyman Registered User regular
    INVITATION TO THE MAFIA/PHALLA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 5)

Hello there! :)

It is with great pleasure that I hereby invite your community to take part in Season 5 of the Mafia/Phalla Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The whole thing started back in 2013, and since then more than 225 different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

I hope it sounds like a fun and exciting event :)

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITE?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot.

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is May 1. If this is too soon for you to decide on anyone, let me know and we can work something out.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
    • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
    • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
    • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

2. SEASON 5 FORMAT

The tournament structure
    • 170 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    • 10 Qualifying Games will be played, consisting of 17 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st place will advance directly to the Finale Game (i.e. 10 of the 17 finalists are found this way), while the 2nd places will advance directly to one of the two Wildcard Games.
    • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 4 will discuss and vote to determine 25 players in total deserving of a second chance: 1 will advance directly to the finale, and the 24 other players will play in 2 Wildcard Games along with the 2nd places that advanced directly to these. From each game, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote.
    • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 5 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.
    The setup explained very briefly (more details on host site)
    This (view picture below) is a semi-open grid setup meant for 17 players: 4 mafia versus 13 townies. First you randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then you randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup.

3mIrAVM.jpg

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.

Relevant mechanics info
    • Day start.
    • Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.
    • If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    • Thread is locked during Night Phases.

3. SEASON 5 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifying Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates during the months of May and June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

Wildcard games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

Kind regards,
    Thingyman

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Thingyman#6075).

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    :lol:

Who volunteers for tribute?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Weren't we part of something similar a while ago?

Didn't Infidel do it?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • ThingymanThingyman Registered User regular
    Weren't we part of something similar a while ago?

Didn't Infidel do it?

Indeed, Infidel represented you guys way back in season 1.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's lots of people, someone else should represent this time!

The style game is very different in meta than here, I'll warn. :)

OrokosPA.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    :confused:
    It doesn't sound like the championship wincon aligns with the players' actual wincons.

We should send one of the roleplayers like @Virgil_Leads_You or @Sir Fabulous because the winner of this thing is likely to be the most entertaining player.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I would volunteer @kime because nothing would prepare them.

wVEsyIc.png
    Screw winning; distribute m-vibes

kime would probably win as well though.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »

I'm not actually good at this game :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: »

A likely story.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

I feel like you are decent when you don't get day oned as a joke.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    I feel like he is decent when he wants to be...

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

A likely story.

That's exactly what a mafioso would want you to think!

steam_sig.png
    If people are into it, I'll start a nomination thread. If there isn't significant community support (say 20 unique posters engaging) then we'll decline the invitation.

Does that sound acceptable to everybody?

Thread posted: Whammo, here it is!

I think my rules for nomination are fairly reasonable but tell me if you think I'm missing something.

While everyone is nominating each other to participate in the Hunger Games Mafia Championships, why don't you take some time to support your locally-sourced mafia games?

Legal Eagle [Phalla] is ready to roll. Sign up today!

What's the time zone like for the comp @Thingyman ?
    Is it likely to be that most players are from the US?

We have been notified that a player needs to withdraw from the Legal Eagle [Phalla], so if anyone is available to fill in, we would appreciate it.

The Legal Eagle [Phalla] has ended with a Village Victory.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Who's next?

(No one say me)

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I think @Bluecyan might be?

Blue, did you ever get someone to look over your game?

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I am in theory working out a game in my head for the last 2 weeks in July.

I will likely need a cohost.

At the moment, it is lining up to being a faction game.

It is Disney Princesses.

If anybody is interested in helping out, let me know.

I'm always up for helping out if someone needs help running a game.

Though, I would miss my big opportunity to be Jasmine.....

Arghh, I'll help if you need it. :)

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I will help youuuuuu!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Yes, @MrTLicious and myself have been working on my Phalla for a bit and I am confident we have ironed out the bugs. I expect I'll have a the sign up sheet up either later today or tomorrow.

edited May 2018
    GREAT SCOTT it worked, I made it. Look at it, its all still here!

Listen I don't have much time, I've come back from a future, where everything has gone horribly wrong. But we can stop it from happening.

Whatever you do, do not Sign up for the new Chrononaut Phalla! It all starts from there, if my past self doesn't get twenty people for his experiment maybe it will be enough.

The machine is breaking down hopefully this warning is enough. It's strange though, I still don't know how everyone heard about it in the first place...

[OOC}Game has reached its 20 player limit, I am still accepting Reserves.

Bluecyan on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Would people have interest in a "The Terror" phalla? Enough people here watching?

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Would people have interest in a "The Terror" phalla? Enough people here watching?

I’m not watching, but I really liked the book.

That being said, I think most people would join just because it had the world “phalla” in it

edited May 2018
    Chrononauts has ended in a Village Alternate Victory

Bluecyan on
    edited May 2018
    But you repeat yourself.
    Thanks for hosting though.

(on further investigation, there was indeed a path to mafia victory that I did not see)

discrider on
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Any new phalla happening soon?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Depending on how you define soon yes.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀