As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I've been running that priest deck last week (like 2 cards difference) and it was fun. Every matchup felt winnable but I also lost a bunch so *shrug*

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    So Blizzard honors the nerfing of quests to be more respectful of player time by next tossing out the slowest, most time-wasting, miserable brawl there is. They need to just retire this one. It's horrible.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    So Blizzard honors the nerfing of quests to be more respectful of player time by next tossing out the slowest, most time-wasting, miserable brawl there is. They need to just retire this one. It's horrible.

Do you need help with winning your brawl for the pack?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Can you win the brawl with friends?

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Can you win the brawl with friends?

Yep, my friend helped me with this one.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    After two grinding, never-ending losses to two druids, I just bit the bullet and logged on my punching bag alt to get it done. The point remains the same, though.

• Options
    After two grinding, never-ending losses to two druids, I just bit the bullet and logged on my punching bag alt to get it done. The point remains the same, though.

Yeah this one is one of the more painful ones I wished they would remove. Unless of course you have to play Druid cards for your quest.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    unpopular opinion: i actually kinda like this brawl

it's pretty slow though, and i think they should probably bump up the starting mana so you can actually play stuff earlier and not just have 3/4/5 turns of nothing but Raven Idol>Pass

but it's fun, idk

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I just discover 2 drops and go face

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    find cat trick turn 1 and it's a pretty quick brawl :bzz:

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Just pick Mage and go for Leyline Manipulator.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    i think the thing people are missing about this brawl is you're supposed to be discovering minions first, not spells

discover shit so you can curve out and play stuff, only discover spells when you need answers

it was surprising seeing me dropping 3/4/5 drops and my opponent was dropping... nothing

because they were probably using their idols on spells instead, but without any context on board they were choosing things they may have not even been able to play

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Marty81 wrote: »
    I just discover 2 drops and go face
    Turns out discover doesn't let you pick whatever you want.

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    unpopular opinion: i actually kinda like this brawl

it's pretty slow though, and i think they should probably bump up the starting mana so you can actually play stuff earlier and not just have 3/4/5 turns of nothing but Raven Idol>Pass

but it's fun, idk
    It definitely needs to start you with more mana. Maybe an extra card to compensate as well, I dunno. If they're not going to make it not take forever I'd rather just not see it again.

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Thanks for the tips @Dibby! I was able to gain a win in this weeks brawl, and complete a quest while I was at it.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I got a pack even though I lost so I didn't play again. not sure why that was, I imagine I could still get another by winning.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Getting a Troggzor down in this brawl is tasty.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I go minions every time, but my options seem limited to 5+ mana cards :(

Luckily, my opponent also had trouble. And even though they had synergy between the cards they picked, my constant picking of minions enabled me to keep the pressure on them and I won.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you can't stop me from playing spell hunter this brawl

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Yesterday: "Win 3 Brawls". Go 3-0.

Today: "Win 1 as Mage or Hunter". Finally win fifth Brawl when opponent leaves.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    that was a close game vs even paladin. I was at 21 health, just played grumble + doomsayer. He had 10 power on board, 3 were dudes. He gets lightfused stegedon down, dudes go to 4/1. He takes me down to 3 hp and I'm like "please dont have 3 damage.." and he doesn't. Shudderwock in 12 turns. I drew no aoe spells that whole time and was sweating trying to find answers. Luckily primodial drake came down on turn 7 so I had an answer to his full board going into turn 8.

shudder is so far 22-11 in matches so he's not a 65% winner for me but he gets me streaks.

probably get to 15 and then switch to taunt druid or big beast hunter for a bit to get some games under those decks.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I may drink the Kool-Aid and dust some stuff to craft Spiteful Druid.

Encourage me / discourage me / come at me, bros

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    @R-dem I am not one to restrain when it comes to dust. I just blew over 5k to make kelseth big beast hunter. So blow that dust! Spiteful druid is by all intents fairly fun to play.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    that feel when you have two of the same echo card in hand and you play them both instead of echoing one

• Options
    furbatfurbat Registered User regular
    I played a voodoo doll earlier onto an empty board because it was next to my stonehill defender on turn 3. My opponent, a mirror match, played a mountain giant next turn.

Somehow I still won. Both of us were playing rin, but I played her earlier.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Spiteful druid feels more fun to play than spiteful priest, but I don't know why. I would spend the dust.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    So Hearthstone executive producer leaves blizz right after Brode? Saying "starting something new!"...

Someone said they might be going to bonfire studios, it being a mini blizz?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Ben said that he was going to start his own company, so

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    So what's the new "single worst (edit: as in design, impact on game, etc.) Hearthstone card" now that Patches is nerfed? Is it Keleseth? It's gotta be Keleseth.

forty on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    So what's the new "single worst (edit: as in design, impact on game, etc.) Hearthstone card" now that Patches is nerfed? Is it Keleseth? It's gotta be Keleseth.

Spiteful, no question.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    keleseth barely even sees play outside of spiteful decks

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Spiteful Summoner 100%

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Spiteful, not even close. It has GOT to have nerfs incoming. Just way, way, way too much stats for cost.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    also I totally called spiteful priest was gonna be a thing when everyone was 'meh' on its reveal

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah but you call every priest deck regardless of whether it comes together or not

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Spiteful, no question.
    Hmm, yeah. Spiteful is super toxic too.

According to hsreplay, Keleseth actually sees a bit more play than Spiteful. They both bring a massive degree of horseshit to any game where they're played on curve. I think T2 Keleseth probably wins more games than T6 Summoner, but since you get two Summoners they're a lot more reliable.

Then again, Keleseth's randomness is part of why he's so shit. Especially in mirrors.

• Options
    R-dem wrote: »

I looked at the deck and was like 'this looks good but I don't get why it's so strong'

and then I went from 16 to 13 with one loss

still high ranks and all but at the very least it's good and fun and strong ... and there aren't many adjectives left to describe a hearthstone deck I would wanna play

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    R-dem wrote: »

I looked at the deck and was like 'this looks good but I don't get why it's so strong'

and then I went from 16 to 13 with one loss

still high ranks and all but at the very least it's good and fun and strong ... and there aren't many adjectives left to describe a hearthstone deck I would wanna play

List me up

• Options
  • Options
    furbatfurbat Registered User regular
    Yeah, the current pool of 10 drops has to be an oversight. Even 8 drops now have a bunch of duds.