As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Spiteful is like the evil twin of Arcane Tyrant, a card I like a lot.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Spiteful could have been a legendary in earlier sets.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Spitefull should silence the creature it summons. Out of spite.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    spiteful should transform itself into the minion summoned
    spiteful should destroy the spell it uses
    spiteful should cost 8 mana

and people would still run it :(

edit: well maybe the 8 mana is a bit much.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    @R-dem I am not one to restrain when it comes to dust. I just blew over 5k to make kelseth big beast hunter. So blow that dust! Spiteful druid is by all intents fairly fun to play.

How's it working out for you? It's even showing up in the daily comps here and there lol.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Spiteful:. Reveal 2 spells, summon a minion with the average Mana cost (round down).

(not having a spell counts as 0)

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Spiteful: Loose the game.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Spiteful: reveal a spell from your opponents deck, summon a random minion of the same mans cost

VRXwDW7.png
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    The main issue is that the listing of 10 drops isn't diluted by any Old Gods anymore. You're getting an 8/8, 12/12, or 7/14.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    Spiteful: Reveal a spell from your deck. Recruit a minion with the same cost.

edited April 2018
    I can't read

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Aight, so I did it. I'm a filthy meta player now. My first game my first two draws were UI. The Hearthstone Gods are punishing me for my heresy.
    (After that game it's been rocking stuff because Spiteful is no doubt the most broken card currently, and Chain Gang into Cobalt Scalebane is just filthy.)

R-dem on
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    I think I'm done with ladder for the foreseeable, that was quick! That's the risk you run with rotation I guess. I hope the adventure mode is good.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    edited April 2018
    Had a game vs a spiteful priest earlier today who pulled an ultrasaur.
    It was turn 10 already so I simply droped Ixlid and faceless and oh look, I have two now!
    Taunt druid is the sex.

Also, this turned out exactly as you'd expect for a taunt druid with a lady in white.
    7imb4gezw2ci.jpg
    Tears, all the tears. Mwhaahahhha!!!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    I think I'm done with ladder for the foreseeable, that was quick! That's the risk you run with rotation I guess. I hope the adventure mode is good.

Yeah without sweeping nerfs, "constant and aggressive mana cheat: the game" isn't going away for another year.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    The spiteful turn is giving you like 16/16 stats for 6 mana on average

There's zero counterplay

It's boring and unfun

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    It was turn 10 already so I simply droped Ixlid and faceless and oh look, I have two now!
    Taunt druid is the sex.

Also, this turned out exactly as you'd expect for a taunt druid with a lady in white.
    7imb4gezw2ci.jpg

Wait how the fuck did you get the Lady?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Spiteful, not even close. It has GOT to have nerfs incoming. Just way, way, way too much stats for cost.

I fully 100% agree with this sentiment, but they'd literally have to destroy the card's functionality to do so.

The full on Warsong Commander treatment. Just nuke it's current functionality and replace it with something else.

There's no way you can keep that card's current functionality as-is and somehow nerf it to make it less oppressive. Reducing Spiteful's stats wouldn't matter. You could do something like "reveal a spell, summon a random minion that costs (x) less" but that still doesn't fix the core problem.

Just nuke it.

"Reveal a random spell, if it costs more than 5 destroy it and gain +4/+4"

"Reveal a random spell, draw it" for all I fucking care.

Just fucking kill it.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited April 2018
    Reveal a spell, summon a random minion with the same cost for you and your opponent.

Is that spiteful enough?

Doctor Detroit on
    Reveal a random spell from your deck. Discard it.

Fuck you.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    deal twice the mana cost of the spell to your hero. card just needs to die

Dehumanized on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Spiteful: While damaged, your weapon has +2 attack.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    guys guys guys, spiteful is fine

you just gotta have backstab, coin, SI:7 Agent, a blink fox'd jasper spellstone, and a previously shadowstep'd vilespine slayer in your hand right after.

is that so much to ask? /s

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
    Reveal a spell from your deck. Summon a random minion of the same cost. The spell is cast by your opponent.

Priest loses a minion to MC or gives opponent an 8-cost minion. Druid eats 10 damage, and gives their opponent 5 cards.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    guys guys guys, spiteful is fine

you just gotta have backstab, coin, SI:7 Agent, a blink fox'd jasper spellstone, and a previously shadowstep'd vilespine slayer in your hand right after.

is that so much to ask? /s

As a Priest.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    They screwed themselves by printing a bunch of weak spells, that a deck running only a lvl 10 also is not only viable but back breaking is saying something

PSN SeGaTai
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    They screwed themselves by printing a bunch of weak spells, that a deck running only a lvl 10 also is not only viable but back breaking is saying something

It's because endlessly vomiting stats onto the board is the purest expression of hearthstone gameplay that there is.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Crafted Malfurion DK and the spider. First match is vs a fucking Shudderwock Shaman, constantly freezing, tossing ungoro packs, putting candles in my deck, and the mosquito and returning to his hand. I just closed the app. Not sitting around for that to finish. Fucking so dumb. I don't even care if I was gonna lose, they need to cut down the battlecries NOW.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Taunt druid is the sex.

7imb4gezw2ci.jpg

Dude, I've been "gettin da ladies" since you were smashing pogs outside the local 7-Eleven.

A.K.A. Psychic Scream

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I would like to climb the ladder abit, what busted net deck should I build? I usually play some half baked home brew deck so this should be an interesting experience.

Edit- Apparently odd pally is good? I have Baku and Greymane so I can do odd or even decks.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Taunt druid is the sex.

7imb4gezw2ci.jpg

Dude, I've been "gettin da ladies" since you were smashing pogs outside the local 7-Eleven.

A.K.A. Psychic Scream

How fucked was he if his best option was to give you all the minions, including a Lady in White?

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I have Warlock Cube, Druid Taunt, and Odd Paladin and am stuck at Rank 15-14. I'm a dumb Hearthstone player. And also impatient.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Wow this deck:
    https://disguisedtoast.com/decklists/3808-r199-legend-spell-hunter

Is actually very similar to the deck I built for fun on a whim and have been winning with. It's pretty fun times and I think I can afford to build an Odd Pally and that hunter deck with what I've got.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    edited April 2018
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I have Warlock Cube, Druid Taunt, and Odd Paladin and am stuck at Rank 15-14. I'm a dumb Hearthstone player. And also impatient.

Something I've learned is that if I'm playing a deck that someone claims they've hit Legend with, and I lose 8 games in a row, I just keep playing that deck.

Eventually you just naturally have better judgement with the mulligans and which plays are the best plays.

For example, @Dibby 's Pre-rotation Big Boi Zoolock deck? I lost a fuckton of games with that deck. I think my record was 3-14. But I just kept playing it, and I think I was around 40-23 with it by rotation.

Another thing I try and keep in mind, and this goes for all games I play, is that people make snap decisions on very small data-sets. I think working through the theory of how a deck works is good, and making decisions based on your mana curve, what helps you in which situations, what other people are playing, etc., is fine. But making decisions based on winrates, IMHO, often is based on really teeny-tiny data-sets. To be clear, that 40-23 record I had with Dibby's deck? As far as I'm concerned it's still an insufficient amount of data to actually make any decisions about its worth. I could have easily lost the next 17 games straight.

Thawmus on
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Has every class other than Rogue been deleted for some people? I’ve literally played against Rogues in 12 of 15 games today.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    edited April 2018
    Beasteh wrote: »
    The spiteful turn is giving you like 16/16 stats for 6 mana on average

There's zero counterplay

It's boring and unfun

Crushing walls is a decent enough counterplay. Unless they coin out the spitefull, but one taunt in play can bridge that gap more often than not.

Edit:cue blizz printing a 10 mana deathrattle.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    I don't think spiteful is the core problem. I think the big problem is that removal is weak in Hearthstonev so changing cheating out a big but is always going to be the strong play. They need to up the strength of spells including removal and mass removal.

edited April 2018
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Has every class other than Rogue been deleted for some people? I’ve literally played against Rogues in 12 of 15 games today.

Its a cheap deck that has been doing well. People like to take those for a testdrive

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    Miracle or Tempo Rogue?

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    i've seen more odd rogue and quest rogue than anything, but miracle and tempo are out there right now