As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Comet Inducing

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Comet Inducing

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Don't worry, MatPat says that it will move the speed of a sloth, basic principles of gravity acceleration be darned

OctoberRaven on
    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I guess I visit a different internet than them, because so far I have seen 0 articles about Fortnite comets.

Of course I also avoid anything having to do with Fortnite, PUBG, or any other trendy PVP game. Because I don't give any butts about PVP. Not even trendy new fad PVP.

• cmdshft4cmdshft4 Registered User regular
    "Of course I also avoid anything having to do with Fortnite, PUBG, or any other trendy PVP game. Because I don't give any butts about PVP. Not even trendy new fad PVP."

This. Games (for me) are for getting away from actual human beings, not exposing myself to the worst version of humans out there.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I guess I visit a different internet than them, because so far I have seen 0 articles about Fortnite comets.

Yeah, it's kind of funny in that Tycho is complaining about hearing about a thing too much, and is turn introducing that thing to a bunch of people.

But that's okay; I have a healthy understanding that not every piece of content is produced with me as the sole target. :biggrin:

• trevorhpaultrevorhpaul Far Flung NortheastRegistered User regular
    Kotaku (among others) is destroying all conversations about Fortnite, where comets are being used as a distraction from bad shooting mechanics.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Everyone is certain it's going to obliterate Tilted Towers. Whatever takes its place will just be the new Tilted Towers where the majority of people drop and and die in the ensuing chaos.

Fortnite BR has grown on me a bit. Not a fan of the building aspect, but I just rely on my friend as the carpenter. Their special event modes are cool too, especially the 20v20v20v20v20 squads mode. The new 50v50 event is alright, but it's more of a battle to drop somewhere away from your team so you can actually get some good weapons.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    especially the 20v20v20v20v20 squads mode

Is this just a regular 100 player game, but with squads of 20? Or am I missing some nuance?

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I have been having a blast playing it, but only because I have found some friends that play really well as a squad together. The solo version has gotten old.

The whole Tilted Tower theory is funny. It sprang up out of nowhere just because people wanted it gone. I am sure the comet is just part of the Save The World story line. My guess is we will be getting a whole new map for next season.

IhtGIyi.png
    dennis wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    especially the 20v20v20v20v20 squads mode

Is this just a regular 100 player game, but with squads of 20? Or am I missing some nuance?

Yeah, normal squad size is 4 I believe. When they up it to 20, and have 5 squads of 20, it just turns into awesome chaotic gunfights between roaming gangs of people.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    More liek World of Minecraft..Fort... Craft.

• doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    "A tawdry end for this twisted pageant" is pure beef

we7ek91hy97o.png
    From the news post:
    They’ll try to sell you science shit “for boys.” They’ll try to sell you science shit “for girls.” A lot of it is very wet and messy. Nintendo Labo would recommend itself over its competitors simply by being dry.

I can't emphasize how much I agree with this comment. My wife doesn't mind it so much, but I fucking hate all that messy shit.

• lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Kotaku (among others) is destroying all conversations about Fortnite, where comets are being used as a distraction from bad shooting mechanics.

Kinda surprised Kotaku hasn't led some sort campaign against Fortnite for a perceived social injustice. Maybe they have, I stopped going there a couple years ago.

Kinda surprised Kotaku hasn't led some sort campaign against Fortnite for a perceived social injustice. Maybe they have, I stopped going there a couple years ago.

It might be better just to check before setting up a strawman over it.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Soo, what are these comets, anyway?

T-Danger wrote: »
    Soo, what are these comets, anyway?

Big icy spaceballs.

I know everyone was waiting on the edge of their seat wondering about this comet. Tilted Towers was spared, y'all. RIP in peace, Dusty Depot.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    They should start donating 1$ to charity every strip that used the f word. They'd make a charity very happy.