As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 3: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Confirm trade, giving up 3 commodities and my cease fire card to receive 3 trade goods.

I'll wait to give everyone an opportunity to take secondary before i take my action.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @El Skid I have leadership if you want to play the secondary there you can get more counters to pay secondaries here. I don't know if that helps.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    @El Skid I have leadership if you want to play the secondary there you can get more counters to pay secondaries here. I don't know if that helps.

I’m asking the gracious space lions for handouts... The person who plays trade has the option to refresh commodities without making people spend a CC

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I'll pay a commmodity for a refresh.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'll pass the secondary.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    El Skid wrote: Β»
    @mindflare77 I only have 3 commodities so giving up 1 to get two is a pretty raw deal for me. Is there anything else we might be able to work out... even future considerations where I’ll pay you back a small favour later?

A favor yet to be named? Hrm. That or a promissory note. I prefer promissory notes simply because they can't be taken back; thoughts? I'll trade in full as well (3:3).

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
    edited April 2018
    @mindflare77 I only have 3 commodities so giving up 1 to get two is a pretty raw deal for me. Is there anything else we might be able to work out... even future considerations where I’ll pay you back a small favour later?

A favor yet to be named? Hrm. That or a promissory note. I prefer promissory notes simply because they can't be taken back; thoughts? I'll trade in full as well (3:3).

None of the promissory notes are really worth only 1 TG...

Tell you what. Refresh my commodities and agree to trade with me, and I'll give you 3 commodities for 2 of yours, with no favor given.

OR If you prefer You can refresh my commodities and we can do the 3:3 trade with a suitable favor thrown in at a later time, which is non-binding but we are an honourable race of warriors, so you would be satisfied by whatever it is, probably for a value of far more than 1 TG.

El Skid on
    edited April 2018

None of the promissory notes are really worth only 1 TG...

Tell you what. Refresh my commodities and agree to trade with me, and I'll give you 3 commodities for 2 of yours, with no favor given.

OR If you prefer You can refresh my commodities and we can do the 3:3 trade with a suitable favor thrown in at a later time, which is non-binding but we are an honourable race of warriors, so you would be satisfied by whatever it is, probably for a value of far more than 1 TG.

Very well. The spice must flow! Refresh Sardakk commodities. Take all 3 in exchange for 2 of our own commodities. All is even between us.

Total update for the Hacan: +2tg from standard galactic deal (1 from 38thDoe, 1 from Lykouragh). +3tg from Sardakk trade. - 2 commodities from Sardakk trade. Total of 11 trade goods, 1 commodity, 0 action cards.

I think that's everyone? @Zombie Hero for play.

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wow... I should have taken trade!

38thDoE on steam

Place Tactics token (now to 2/3) in Dal Bootha/Xxehan Sector.
    Move Carrier, 3 infantry, 1 fighter into zone from Nestphar Sector.
    Land 1 infantry on each planet, claiming both Dal Bootha and Xxehan cards.
    Exhaust Nestphar and pay one trade good to produce 1 carrier and 2 infantry for a total of four cost. The two infantry are on my new carrier. (from what i understand infantry don't count against fleet cap)

Down to two trade goods. Nestphar exhausted

If that was all legal then pass turn to @Lykouragh

Steam
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Yep -Infantry and fighters don't count against fleet supply

(The exception is if you have fighter II then any beyond the capacity in the system do apply)

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Wow... I should have taken trade!

You wouldn't have gotten nearly as much from it, 3 Trade goods plus a fresh pile of almost useless commodities, and he still would have been able to do the same thing. The only way to keep Hacann from building a giant stack of TG's is to refuse to Trade with them. Also, avoid taking the Trade strategy card.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

I assume i need to land on a planet with an infantry to claim the planet, correct? Otherwise i think i made a suboptimal play (I think i probably still may have. Maybe building another carrier would have been a better use of my resources.)

Steam
    @El Skid Since we are now neighbors can we trade racial promissory notes and Trade Goods?

38thDoE on steam

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    In order to produce three units (1 Carrier and 2 Infantry), you need to land all three of your Infantry (since each is Production 1). Ground units are also produced on the planet that they are built from, and aren't automatically put into space. So you're going to end up with 2 Carriers in space and 5 Infantry on the ground.

Game status update will be posted in a few minutes.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2018
    Round 1: Action Phase Update 1

Universities of Jol-Nar: Activate the Lazar-Sakulag system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 1 Fighter, and 2 Infantry from the Jol-Nar Home System.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Lazar and Sakulag.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Activate the Abyz-Fria system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 2 Destroyers, 1 Carrier, and 2 Infantry from the Creuss Home System.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Abyz and Fria.
    Sardakk N'orr: Activate the Bereg-Lirta IV system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Cruiser, 1 Carrier, and 3 Infantry from the N'orr Home System.
    Land 2 Infantry on Bereg and 1 Infantry on Lirta IV.
    The Emirates of Hacan: Play the primary ability of the (5) Trade Strategy Card, gaining 3 Trade Goods. (TG 0 --> 3)
    Refresh commodities for Hacan, Arborec, Sol, Jol-Nar, and N'orr (Hacan C 0 --> 6; Arborec C 0 --> 3; Sol C 0 --> 4; Jol-Nar C 0 --> 4; N'orr C 0 --> 3)
    Perform transaction, giving 3 Commodities to Arborec in exchange for 3 Commodities and their "Ceasefire" promissory note. (Hacan C 6 --> 3, TG 3 --> 6; Arborec C 3 --> 0, TG 0 --> 3)
    Perform transaction, gaining 1 Commodity from Sol. (Hacan TG 6 --> 7; Sol C 4 --> 3)
    Perform transaction, gaining 1 Commodity from Jol-Nar. (Hacan TG 7 --> 8; Jol-Nar C 4 --> 3)
    Perform transaction, giving N'orr 2 Commodities in exchange for 3 Commodities. (Hacan C 3 --> 2, TG 8 --> 11; N'orr C 3 --> 0, TG 0 --> 2)
    The Arborec: Activate the Dal Bootha-Xxehan system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 1 Fighter, and 3 Infantry from the Arborec Home System.
    Land 2 Infantry on Dal Bootha and 1 Infantry on Xxehan.
    Exhaust Nestphar (4R) and 1 Trade Good (TG 3 --> 2) to build 1 Carrier (3R) at Dal Bootha and 2 Infantry (1R) split evenly among Dal Bootha and Xxehan.

Current Map: Round 1, Action Phase Update 1

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Emirates of Hacan - 0 VP
    The Arborec - 0 VP
    Federation of Sol - 0 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar - 0 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 0 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Develop Weaponry (1 VP): Own 2 unit upgrade technologies.
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    3 Stage I Objectives and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Emirates of Hacan: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Arborec: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Federation of Sol: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives

The Emirates of Hacan (mindflare77)
    Commodities: 1 / 6
    Trade Goods: 11
    Action Cards: 0

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Arborec's Ceasefire (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Trade Convoys)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Arretze (2R, 0I)
    R - Hercant (1R, 1I)
    R - Kamdorn (0R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Wrath of Kenara: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. After you roll a die during a Space Combat in this system, you may spend 1 Trade Good to apply +1 to the result.
    - Racial Technology: Production Biomes (Green, requires 2 Green): Action: Exhaust this card and spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to gain 4 Trade Goods and choose 1 other player; that player gains 2 Trade Goods.
    - Racial Technology: Quantum Datahub Node (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): At the end of the Strategy Phase, you may spend 1 token from your Strategy pool and give another player 3 of your Trade Goods. If you do, give 1 of your Strategy cards to that player and take 1 of his Strategy cards.
    - Masters of Trade: You do not have to spend a Command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Trade Strategy card.
    - Guild Ships: You can negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor.
    - Arbiters: When negotiating a transaction, Action Cards can be exchanged as part of that transaction.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Trade Convoys: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, you may negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Hacan player's units, return this card to the Hacan player.

The Arborec (Zombie Hero)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 2

Tactic Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Stymie)
    Technology: Magen Defense Grid

Worlds:
    X - Nestphar (3R, 2I)
    X - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Letani Warrior (Infantry): As Infantry, but Production 1.
    - Flagship: Duha Menaimon: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. After you activate this system, you may produce up to 5 units in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Bioplasmosis (Green, requires 2 Green): At the end of the Status Phase, you may remove any number of Infantry from planets you control and place them on 1 or more planets you control in the same or adjacent systems.
    - Racial Technology: Letani Warrior II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7. Production 2. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Mitosis: Your Space Docks cannot produce Infantry. At the start of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Stymie: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Arborec player cannot produce units in or adjacent to non-home systems that contain 1 or more of your units. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Arborec player's units, return this card to the Arborec player.

Federation of Sol (Lykouragh)
    Commodities: 3 / 4
    Trade Goods: 0

Tactic Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Military Support)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors

Worlds:
    R - Jord (4R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Advanced Carrier (Carrier): As Carrier, but Carry Capacity 6.
    - Racial Unit: Spec Ops (Infantry): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7.
    - Flagship: Genesis: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 12. Sustain Damage. At the end of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements in this system's space area.
    - Starting Technologies: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors
    - Racial Technology: Spec Ops II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 6. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Racial Technology: Advanced Carrier II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue): As Carrier, but Movement 2, Capacity 8. Sustain Damage.
    - Orbital Drop: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on 1 planet you control.
    - Versatile: When you gain command tokens during the Status Phase, gain 1 additional command token.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Military Support: At the start of the Sol player's turn: Remove 1 token from the Sol player's Strategy pool, if able, and return it to his reinforcements. Then, you may place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control. Then, return this card to the Sol player.

Universities of Jol-Nar (38thDoe)
    Commodities: 3 / 4

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Research Agreement)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Jol (1R, 2I)
    R - Nar (2R, 3I)
    X - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: J.N.S. Hylarim: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When making a combat roll for this ship, each (pre-modified) roll of 9 or 10 produces 2 additional hits.
    - Racial Technology: Spacial Conduit Cylinder (Blue, requires 2 Blue): You may exhaust this card after you ativate a system that contains 1 or more of your units; that system is adjacent to all other systems that contain 1 or more of your units during this activation.
    - Racial Technology: E-Res Siphons (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, gain 4 Trade Goods.
    - Fragile: Apply -1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Brilliant: When you spend a command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Technology Strategy card, you may resolve the primary ability instead.
    - Analytical: When you research a technology that is not a unit upgrade technology, you may ignore 1 prerequisite.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Research Agreement: After the Jol-Nar researches a technology that is not a faction technology: Gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-Nar player.

Sardakk N'orr (El Skid)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: (none)

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (Brody) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 4

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support of the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    X - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Neutral Worlds
    N - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    N - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    N - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    N - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    N - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    N - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    N - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    N - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    N - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    N - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    N - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    N - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    N - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    N - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    N - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    N - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    N - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)
    N - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Order of Play
    Universities of Jol-Nar (38thDoe): (1) Leadership
    The Ghosts of Creuss (Brody): (2) Diplomacy
    Sardakk N'orr (El Skid): (3) Politics
    The Emirates of Hacan (mindflare77): (5) Trade
    The Arborec (Zombie Hero): (6) Warfare
    Federation of Sol (Lykouragh): (7) Technology Current Player

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2018
    Okay, 3 infantry into Dal Bootha and 2 into Xxehan.

Edit: that 4 and 1 is fine too. I don't think it matters enough to change

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Bah! Too late, I already changed it.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @El Skid Since we are now neighbors can we trade racial promissory notes and Trade Goods?

Gah, I just traded with the Hacan as part of his refreshing my commodities. I forgot that we talked about doing that swap- although I only would have had 2 goods to exchange with you for your 3 since I get less commodities overall than you do.

I'm still happy to give you my racial note for yours if you still want to do it though- if you no longer want to I understand.

edited April 2018
    Can you flip my commodities for me as part of the deal? If I give you the commodities they turn to trade goods and then you can return them to me as trade goods? Or give me your three trade goods which are replaced by my three commodities?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

Activate Arnor/Lor, move in 1 carrier with 2 GF, landing 1 GF on each planet.

T/F/S->2/3/2

Hacan would you like to trade your last commodity 1:1?

@38thDoe

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Can you flip my commodities for me as part of the deal? If I give you the commodities they turn to trade goods and then you can return them to me as trade goods? Or give me your three trade goods which are replaced by my three commodities?

Giving commodities and then having them returned as trade goods would be two transactions. So not instantaneous and not binding

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    They already have Trade Goods though? I am confused.

38thDoE on steam

edited April 2018
    He could give you 2 trade goods and receive your 4 commodities (which become trade goods then). That'd be the end of one transaction.

Then, on another turn, he could give you back two trade goods. However, it would not be binding and would have to wait until his next action (or yours).

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

Commodities for trade goods is a valid transaction. The middle statement, "If I give you the commodities they turn to trade goods and then you can return them to me as trade goods?" requires two transactions to perform, as stated by Mojo_Jojo, but the lattermost, "Or give me your three trade goods which are replaced by my three commodities?", can be done in a single transaction. (Though it should be noted that N'orr only has two trade goods right now.)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Activate Arnor/Lor, move in 1 carrier with 2 GF, landing 1 GF on each planet.

T/F/S->2/3/2

Hacan would you like to trade your last commodity 1:1?

@38thDoe

Confirmed. Let the trade routes flourish! One commodity for one commodity. Total of 12tg for Hacan.

8BFpSWC.png

Okay then, @El Skid how about 3 commodities and my racial note for your racial note and two TG with one TG owed to me at your earliest convenience?

38thDoE on steam

I'd just like to point out to everyone that if you keep handing Hacan TG's like this, they are going to be ridiculous. I realize that they make it easy to get your own TG's, but you will never come out on top in trades vs them.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: Β»
    I'd just like to point out to everyone that if you keep handing Hacan TG's like this, they are going to be ridiculous. I realize that they make it easy to get your own TG's, but you will never come out on top in trades vs them.

No, you can and will came ahead in trade with them. They can afford it. You just have to ask more than you give them. They will accept or keep their enormous mass of useless commodities...

Not if people keep handing them trades where they get as many or more TG's than you get. And even then, they will get a lot of TG's, for very little negative with their other abilities/options.

Duly noted.

Maybe Humans will make good trading partners.

Steam
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: Β»
    Not if people keep handing them trades where they get as many or more TG's than you get. And even then, they will get a lot of TG's, for very little negative with their other abilities/options.

The only ability Hacan have, is gaining more TG. It's normal thay have more, it's their power and should compensate for the other players racial advantage.
    Than it's up to the table to keep them onest with rasonable trades...

Why they only have 15 resources. That's not too far off from everyone else.
    Ghosts 9
    Plants 6
    Insects 6
    Sol 4
    Fish 3

Hmm... We must study trade more closely.

38thDoE on steam

Space Ghosts make great trading partners. As soon as I can figure out how to re-align all these damn WH's.

We did like your show. Ask us if our water has sufficient levels of oxygenation.

38thDoE on steam

My sole advantage is trade related. My pie slice is otherwise fairly lacking in resources. And I've been fair with trading, have I not? I do not have the ability to carry more troops and air drop them with an extra command counter every turn (Sol), I don't start with 4 techs and always get the primary of tech (Jol'nar), I don't have a flat bonus +1 to combat (N'orr), I don't have move and produce capabilities (Arborec), and we are restricted to normal wormhole usage and cannot make more at will, nor travel with one (Creuss).

We are but humble Spice merchants, peddling our wares throughout the galaxy. Connecting races, peacefully. Bringing about a new era of prosperity for those with whom we deal. What nefarious intentions are there?!

8BFpSWC.png

Okay then, @El Skid how about 3 commodities and my racial note for your racial note and two TG with one TG owed to me at your earliest convenience?

Deal!

We receive 3 commodities (which become TGs) and the Jol Nar racial promissory note in exchange for 2 TGs and our racial promissory note

My sole advantage is trade related. My pie slice is otherwise fairly lacking in resources. And I've been fair with trading, have I not? I do not have the ability to carry more troops and air drop them with an extra command counter every turn (Sol), I don't start with 4 techs and always get the primary of tech (Jol'nar), I don't have a flat bonus +1 to combat (N'orr), I don't have move and produce capabilities (Arborec), and we are restricted to normal wormhole usage and cannot make more at will, nor travel with one (Creuss).

We are but humble Spice merchants, peddling our wares throughout the galaxy. Connecting races, peacefully. Bringing about a new era of prosperity for those with whom we deal. What nefarious intentions are there?!

...And then the peaceful space lions start building fully operational battle stations which resemble small moons...

Duly noted.

Maybe Humans will make good trading partners.

We'd love to, but you're out of commodities for now and we need adjacency. It brings up the delicate question of who is getting the Arinam/Meer system....I'd be open to bribes to let you have it :)

...And then the peaceful space lions start building fully operational battle stations which resemble small moons...

If anybody is getting War Suns, it's Jol'nar. They originated that technology, after all. Tested it on the Sardakk N'orr is the lore, I believe.

8BFpSWC.png