As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

19495969798100»

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Baku Rogue. It's very strong.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Personally I'm actually really happy to see the Rogue decks I've been playing against. They don't feel like bullshit, I like seeing them using stolen cards more than Priest does, their game just feels "smart" to me.

And there's a really nice variety of decks I'm seeing, too.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Neaden wrote: »
    I don't think spiteful is the core problem. I think the big problem is that removal is weak in Hearthstonev so changing cheating out a big but is always going to be the strong play. They need to up the strength of spells including removal and mass removal.

I like being able to actually attack with my minions, though.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Mirror Spell Hunter games are a hoot.

Match starts. Four rounds of Secrets and HP and tumbleweeds blowing across the board.

Coin+4/Fifth found: WOLF PARTY

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I have Warlock Cube, Druid Taunt, and Odd Paladin and am stuck at Rank 15-14. I'm a dumb Hearthstone player. And also impatient.

Something I've learned is that if I'm playing a deck that someone claims they've hit Legend with, and I lose 8 games in a row, I just keep playing that deck.

Eventually you just naturally have better judgement with the mulligans and which plays are the best plays.

For example, Dibby 's Pre-rotation Big Boi Zoolock deck? I lost a fuckton of games with that deck. I think my record was 3-14. But I just kept playing it, and I think I was around 40-23 with it by rotation.

Another thing I try and keep in mind, and this goes for all games I play, is that people make snap decisions on very small data-sets. I think working through the theory of how a deck works is good, and making decisions based on your mana curve, what helps you in which situations, what other people are playing, etc., is fine. But making decisions based on winrates, IMHO, often is based on really teeny-tiny data-sets. To be clear, that 40-23 record I had with Dibby's deck? As far as I'm concerned it's still an insufficient amount of data to actually make any decisions about its worth. I could have easily lost the next 17 games straight.

I'm glad you brought up my deck cause I might actually take another look at Dibby's Big Bois! There's some good additions from Witchwood that I think the deck wants. Things like Ratcatcher and even that new 1 mana Discover a Demon spell. Even non-Demon shit like Witchwood Grizzly. Just more/better midgame stuff. Hm!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Neaden wrote: »
    I don't think spiteful is the core problem. I think the big problem is that removal is weak in Hearthstonev so changing cheating out a big but is always going to be the strong play. They need to up the strength of spells including removal and mass removal.

I like being able to actually attack with my minions, though.

Then playing the strongest minion on curve is going to be super good. Whether it is secret Paladin, spiteful, or possessed lackey.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page