As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Poké] PKMN - Comfy And Easy To Wear

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    ~ Santalune Gym ~
    Isaac

"A Metronomic Pokemon..." Samantha says cryptically, before changing the subject. "I've fought with my father about it, but between you and me a first Gym battle isn't supposed to be all that hard, even if you have a Type disadvantage." She glares at Isaac cautiously. After a long pause, she continues.

"If you want, there's training rooms here for students. We can see what we can develop for your... Sierra."

Hora seems interested too, for once, peering (or perhaps leering) over the very young trainer's shoulder.

Marshmallow on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Isaac Emil - [Myth Maniac] - 5/5
    PKMN - [Omen: An Initiation]
    Sierra - 11/11
    Maven - 8/8

~Santalune Gym~

"Oh, you've got something in mind? Lead on, I'm sure Sierra will be very grateful!"

Sierra, who also secretly can't handle ghost types very well, is not too enthused to suddenly have the unpredictable ghost's attention again, but tries her best to play it off as no big deal.

~ Training Room (Santalune Gym) ~
    Isaac

Leading on, Samantha turns and walks towards the east side of the Gym, incidentally passing through Hora on the way as she turns, which elicits no reaction from either. The Phantump grins at Isaac and Siera, does a short flip in the air, and follows his Trainer in a meandering hover.

Standing across from Isaac in the bare, well-lit training room, its floor painted with lines to delineate the areas of Pokemon combat, Samantha goads her Phantump into the center of the room with a gesture. "Let's see what your Sierra can do, and we can go from there," she announces confidently from her side of the room, as her Ghost Type lazily floats forward.

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    ~ Kalos Route 3: Santalune Forest ~

:whistle:

"Lots of reasons!" Jim insists. "I won't deny that there's part of it wrapped up in the excitement, of course. The screaming crowds, the pumping music, bright lights, people lining up to see me and my team take on all comers! It's pure energy, man!" He laughs. "And all that aside, I do still have to master the three elements." He rubs his chin thoughtfully. "All that's why I'm going to see about getting sponsored after I pick up another badge or two. Get someone like Silph Co or whatever to pay me to wear their jacket, in exchange for super-strong Pokeballs and such."

Eli takes the Cheri Berry and sniffs it carefully. It's not his favorite, and it might be poisoned, but it is food. Eh, probably fine. He wolfs it down and phases, allowing the clean pit to fall to the ground.

"But in the future? When all the crowds go home, when the lights are off... I'm going to help people. When there's an earthquake in Kanto, I'll be there to dig people out. A flood in Kalos? I'll help air lift people away. A hurricane in Alola? I'll be there to lead the rescue efforts. When bad things happen to good people, I'm going to be there to stop it... or at least offer a ray of hope. And of course, my team will be there too! No collapsed building is a danger to a ghost like Eli, and he comes with his own light source! Lotty, like all Feebas, is used to swimming in dirty water, so she can help find people stranded in their flooded homes. And a powerful electric-type is never a bad thing to have around when emergency batteries need charging!"

He motions Al closer and whispers conspiratorially. "Just keep that part to yourself, huh? Don't want that sentimental nonsense to ruin my devil-may-care, rakishly debonair persona." He gives Eli a wink, who hops into the air excitedly. "Anyway, let's bounce, huh? Water gym?"

Terrendos on
    edited March 2018
    Sierra - 11/11
    Maven - 8/8

~Santalune Gym~

"Ok! Show us some moves Sierra!"

Sierra glances back at Isaac with worry. "Don't worry, this is for fun!" the Myth Maniac responds.

The eevee swallows her dread and turns to face the ghost. A game, huh?

Sure.

Sierra used Trump Card on opposing Phantump!

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Beatrix – P [][] /K [] /M- /N[X][] / V [X][X]
    Moriarty – 1/8
    Vance - 3/10

~ Dark Cavern (Route 22) ~ :whistle:
    Beatrix

The well-dressed man looks back at his vacant faced compatriot with a look of both shock and surprise. On dirait que nous sommes tombés dans le moment le plus inopportun, oui Rigel? (Looks like we have stumbled into the most inopportune moment, eh Rigel?)” Beatrix merely returns a vacant look of her own at the pair, scratching her head. “Err… Pardon?”

How’d they get here so quickly?

The young detective then noticed the ludicrousness of the scene.

The caved in roof.

The overpowered rock snake aggressor.

The triumphant (though injured) Pancham standing tall and proud over his bested opponent; his arms folded and chewing on his signature leaf.

“It was like this when we got here!” She shakes her hands in bewilderment. The ranger merely looks at her with a mix of confusion and astonishment.

“Well, ok… maaaybe those loose rocks over there, the cracked ceiling up there… and the rock snake Pokémon weren’t here when we got here… You know, now that I think about it, forget what I just said…”

The Ranger merely looks at her confused. The Slowbro though, always looking perplexed, remained oblivious. Breathing a sigh of relief, she does her best to explain the situation as much as possible, trying to translate what she could into an understandable Kalosian dialect (and failing in the process).

After her third attempt, the ranger merely halts her mid-description, taking a moment to inspect the scene visually, absorbing every shred of evidence he can with his eyes.

“Fear not, mademoiselle. I have caught… how shall you say… the gist of it? My Unovan is pretty shoddy as is your Kalosian, so let us leave it as that, non? I take it you were not hurt?” Shaking her head, the man points to the downed Pokemon. “An Onix of that size…”

“Is THAT what it was?!” she looks astonished. She pulled out her Pokedex and scanned the rock snake.

“AHA, a dresseuse de Pokémon (Pokémon Trainer), non?” The man noted as he saw her Pokedex. “You should be more careful around these parts. Route Victoire (Victory Road) is dangerous at this time of year. I’m surprised you managed to take an Onix of such a .... magnifique état (magnificent form) down. Most of them don’t leave the route, though there had always been... des exceptions (some exceptions).” He examines the Onix, jerking a thumb at the Pancham still standing strong over it's defeated form.

Madamoiselle, perhaps it’s best that you… oversee your Pokémon. It looks like he has been injured… what’s the word… severely.”

“Oh hey, that’s right. You okay there Vance?” The Playful Pokémon merely responds with a thumbs up, hopping off the bested foe, and sways back to his trainer. “No need to look tough, Vance. You did great. Let’s get you sorted out, which reminds me…” She pulls out Moriarty’s pokeball, returning him back to the realm of the physical. The bird Pokemon looked worse for wear. He caws disgustedly at the pair, before starting the tedious process of preening the dust off his feathers once more. Birds and caves…

JUST.

DON’T.

MIX!

Regardless, she grabs a pair of potions and helps sort out their wounds. She’s no nurse, but at least they’ll be in decent shape till they hit Santalune’s Pokémon Center.

[Beatrix uses two potions to heal Vance and Moriarty]

Satisfied her team’s in good health, she makes her way to the inspecting range, who was now crouched on his knees, examining the head of the stunned Onix.

“Soooo… is he okay? I mean, he did attack us, but I’d hope we’d chase it off than beat it into submission. What would make a… thirty foot long Onix run off from Victory Road? He looks like he could eat human sized boulders for breakfast without trouble.”

“She” the ranger interjected, matter-of-factly.

“WHA…? That’s a... a... female?” Beatrix looks shocked back at the stunned Onix. “She’s… she’s HUGE, and pretty TOUGH too! What will happen to her though? Will she be alright?”

Oui! I do not blame you. An… erreur involontaire (honest mistake) as they say. You can not see it, but those ridges on a female Onix's lower jaw? Only has one (two for male Onix). Very hard to notice, barely distinguishable, almost non-existent. Only visible and prominent at evolution. Not your problem, what with Onix this big and one's eyesight not that good in cave, I will give you that. As for the Onix…”

The man stands back up, and pulls out what appears to be a great ball. “Stylus inefficace (ineffective) with stunned Pokémon. Not to mention she might be hostile once more when woken up. Best capture her now, then release her back at Route Victoire. Might have to... réhabiliter (rehabilitate) if she tries to escape again. Onix this... agressif (aggressive) dangerous to local fauna... and civilians, non?"

He tosses the ball at the knocked out Onix, causing the gigantic giantess to disappear into a ball nearly a fraction of her size.

Satisfied, the ranger looks back at Beatrix. “You are familiar, oui? In a recent bataille de Arène (Gym battle), non? Myself and some Ranger... camarades (comrades) like to watch matches when off duty.”

“OH, RIGHT! My bad!” Beatrix felt a pang of embarrassment. “Name’s Beatrix Spencer. Pokemon Trainer and detective in training. Currently doing the Kalos Pokémon Challenge with a few... associates!” She flashes her Bug Badge at the ranger. “Recently earned this badge from one Samuel of Santalune… thanks to those two, Vance and Moriarty!” She points towards her partners.

Meanwhile…

~ Goofball Moment ~ :whistle:
    Satisfied he finally managed to remove every speck of dust of his prime avian form, he motions to Vance, a wing pointing towards the strange looking pink, taffy-colored beastie. Maybe it has something interesting to say that’s worth his time.

Perched on a large, loose boulder, he caws at the amnesiac animal.
    64px-BT198.png: Soooo…. What’s your story ya big, pink galoot?
    64px-BT080.png: …
    64px-BT674.png: …
    64px-BT198.png: …
    64px-BT674.png: You think he’s…
    64px-BT080.png: ...Oh no, someone's in trouble...
    64px-BT198.png: Not quick on the uptake there, are ya?
    64px-BT080.png: … In a cave …
    64px-BT198.png: Welp, I’ve learned somethin’ today…
    64px-BT674.png: Really?
    64px-BT198.png: Yeah, that this here was a waste of my time!
    64px-BT080.png: *slow blink*
    64px-BT198.png: Got any rock candy on ya?

TiamatZ on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Probably better off talking to the Cloyster

edited March 2018
    Isaac

With quicker reaction time (or just more desperation to get in the first hit), Sierra steps a paw lightly in front of herself, causing an assortment of small glowing rectangles rising from the ground. The psychic 'cards' flick through and past one another, before settling into a pattern just above the floor.

A game, right? Let's.

The Phantump sidles closer, watching the display with interest. Cheekily, it taps at one of the hovering cards with an outstretched claw. Reacting, the rectangle flips over, revealing the pictured side.

Whoops, you just activated her Trump Card.

Sierra used Trump Card!
    Pursuit was Drawn!
    Phantump took 3 Damage!
    It's Super Effective!

The spooked specter is chased around the arena, his Trainer seemingly a little bemused at what just happened. "Just use your Toxic, Hora. Try to make it actually stick for once," she says with a sigh.

Phantump used Toxic!
    Sierra was Exponentially Poisoned!

Coming to its senses (so to speak) with a twirl and a pirouette, the Ghost Type graces Sierra with a light brush of its claws, painting the Eevee's fur with a purple, poisonous smear that begins to quickly spread across her coat.

Battle Status
    - Sierra [ ||||||||||| ]
    Exponentially Poisoned - 3 turns
    - Phantump [ ||||||||--- ]

Beatrix

"Top Ranger Hommes," the ranger introduces themselves, patting at the particularly fine looking Styler holstered at their side. "'Ravi de vous rencontrer'! - That is - 'A pleasure to make acquaintance', and how you say... 'congratulation' on your magnfique victory."

The Junior Detective's pokedex pulls up some info on the all-but-defeated Pokemon, calling it "Onix, the Rock Snake Pokemon: It tunnels through the ground which shakes when it raises its thunderous roar."

Typically a Rock/Ground Type known for its size, speed, tough armor, and aggression towards trainers and other other Pokemon with little provocation.

"I would shake hand," Ranger Hommes continues. "But first," he holds up a palm to grab the returning Great Ball, its captive Onix caught fast and securely within.

Click! Onix was Caught!

"Ha! Onix attrepez!" he cheers in a joking tone, before offering his free hand for Beatrix to shake.

Marshmallow on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ~ Santalune Forest ~ :whistle:

Al watches Eli finish off the berry, then raises an eyebrow as the clean pit falls to the ground. His experience with Ghost types is... limited.

"Helping people is a good and noble cause. Volnoy and I would always try to help people in need, but perhaps we would not go out of our way looking for things to meddle in. At least not often."

Volnoy nods his agreement. Borzoi drools a bit then rolls onto her back at Al's feet. He applies some rough belly scruffles.

"You want to go on to the next city already? What about the others? Surely we should be moving as a group, yes?" He takes out his Pokétch, and scrolls through the group chat. Richter's messages cause Al's brow to knit in confusion.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    edited March 2018
    Sierra - 11/11
    Maven - 8/8

~Santalune Gym~

"Oh, hmm... I think you can shake off status effects such with a style... that... uh... I don't remember. Well..."

Sierra's eyes glow, psychic scanlines passing over and briefly illuminating the encroaching poison.

Sierra was exposed to Toxic's style!

"Oh yeah! That's why we were doing this, right? Hora sure showed us his move."

Random elemental energies spark as Sierra attempts a mirror move of sorts.

Sierra used Trump Card!

Does toxic have a style? Sapping?

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited March 2018
    ~ Training Room (Santalune Gym) ~ :whistle:
    Isaac

I mean, Toxic's an alternate Status Category effect of Sapping, that deals 1, then 2, then 3 damage by turn, but I don't know if you'd know that.

I also don't know if you want to mimic it, or negate it, but given the related dialogue I'm guessing the latter. I'm just the heart of the cards, man, I just roll stuff randomly and hope for the best.

Anyway.

Choosing a card of her own from the array in front of her, Sierra attempts to reduce the effects of the spreading poison.

Sierra took 1 Damage from Poison!
    2 turns remain!

Her efforts come to fruition in... strange effect. A nearly mindless, ego-centric sense of aggression serves to purge her system of the worst of the toxin's ravages in a flurry of might and adrenaline, and she manages to deal a bit of damage to her opponent in the bargain. This all makes perfect sense.

Sierra used Trump Card!
    Outrage was Drawn!
    Phantump took 1 Damage!
    Sierra was Refreshed!
    (Statuses reduced by 1 turn)

Bringing her hand to her face to cover her eyes, Samantha gives her orders. "Hora, if we're going to be playing cards... lets stack the deck. With our Special Move."

Pushing her hair back behind her shoulder, you could swear the young girl's eyes briefly flicker in sympathy with her Pokemon's as the Phantump's eyes glow red, and the shadows of the room begin to twist and crawl across the walls and floor, converging on the hapless Eevee.

Samantha and Hora used their Signature Move!
    WEVJj5B.gifForest's Curse!
    Phantump Recovered Stamina!

Wholly unable to dodge the slowly encircling tendrils of doom, Sierra is forced to endure their, ultimately, powerless strikes. At the end of their ephermeral assault, she and her trainer find that she is unharmed, but that her coat has taken on the rough, tanned texture of sandy soil, and that the tips of her tail and ears have become both broad and leafy-green.

She's Grass Type now.

Battle Status
    - Sierra [ ||||||||||- ]
    Exponentially Poisoned - 1 turns, She's Grass Type Now - 3 turns
    - Phantump [ ||||||||||| ]

Marshmallow on
    edited March 2018
    It was to mimic it. Sierra's more aggressive than Isaac, something dark types are assholes something.

But whatever we're doing this live -

Sierra - 10/11
    Maven - 8/8

~Santalune Gym~

"A type change? And it healed..? the phantump, well, do something fancy!"

This time there's just grass elements sparking about, but the leavee thinks she's got the gist of the Phantump's earlier trick.

Sierra used Trump Card Worry Seed! [???/???Grass Type/(Exponential?) Sapping]

Rawkking Goodguy on

Jim sighs dramatically. "Man, keeping a group together is like herding Meowth!" He thinks for a moment. "Huh... You have Meowth where you're from? Anyway, what I mean is it's really tough."

He pulls out his Pokedex and scrolls to the bottom of the ever-growing group text, entering another message.
    Yo, Aquacorde good with everybody? Water gym. Gonna head there asap. Got Blondie w/ me.

"There, now it's all clear, right? Call me Spoink, 'cause I'ma Bounce. You wanna Follow Me with Extremespeed? Or dash off in a Breakneck Blitz? Maybe you wanna Slack Off here for a while? Just don't Rage when you get Thrashed by someone who's got a Lock-On their goals!"

Evidently satisfied with the ending to that conversation, Jim heads off to the south, departing the forest and heading for Aquacorde Town.

edited March 2018
    I need to post more often :/

~ Route 22 : Détourner Way ~

Marie is interrupted by a short squawk from over the hill.
    She pauses, confused.
    "We don't have any races on the weekends normally...", she glances up at the nearest megaphone above the track.

"I'm not sure I understand...", Richter starts, before Marie takes off towards the stables.

*clatter*

~ Trainer's School ~

Richter sets down his tea-cup.
    "Well, I thank you for your time, it's been most... interesting.
    But it's getting late, and I should probably head back to the Pokécenter."

Marlowe nods, setting his own cup aside.

"Keyanu, North, its time to.."
    Richter drops his voice as he enters the adjacent room.
    Keyanu is chiming in a soft, slow melodic fashion, and all the kids in the room are currently asleep.

After pulling his Pokémon free from the other limp forms, Richter turns back to Marlowe.
    "We'll be off; perhaps we'll see you again at the League championship?
    I imagine that the whole town turns up to those, and chances are I'll be there too, all things going well."

Route 22 : Détourner Way

*beep*

"What's going on?", Richter puffs, struggling to keep pace with Marie.

*beep*

North swears voicelessly, trying to remove the ethereal chains that are currently binding him.

A malevolent pixie face joyously spins around a single time from within its conical mask.
    *BEEP*, Keyanu tones happily.

*CRASH*
    North's new Rhyhorn acquaintance pulverises his pen's gate, lunging forward onto the track.
    There is a faint chiming as the fairy chains attached to its hide go taut, before North too flies out of the gate.

Keyanu tinkles softly as he drops the speaker's horn and then floats to catch up.

discrider on
    edited March 2018
    Beatrix – P [][] /K [] /M- /N[X][] / V [X][X]
    Moriarty – 1/8
    Vance - 3/10

Beatrix

"A pleasure to meet you as well, Top Ranger Hommes." At the ranger's complement, she merely feels somewhat honestly embarrassed. "I wouldn't call the victory magnificent or anything, per se. All I did was holler out commands. These two," she jerked a thumb at her Pokemon partners, "really did most of the work. If anything, our success hinged on those two working together.. which... now that I think about it, they're getting along quite nicely." At which point, Moriarty was disgusted by such a claim. He further reinforced it by pecking the Playful Pokemon on the head, before returning back to his signature roost spot: Beatrix's shoulders. Vance merely looks back confused at the whole exchange (though thankfully not AS confused as his shell-pink perplexed pal(?)).

The nerve of the kid, the Murkrow thought to himself. Maybe if the cub grows a pair of wings, then I might reconsider!

"Sooo... what made that Onix go out of her way like that? I mean, leave Victory Road and all that? I figured being in a Route as dangerous as that would warrant sticking together or something..." the young lass asked.

Hommes kept eyeing the ball "Au contraire, mon petit chaton curieux (On the contrary, my little curious kitten). Onix tend to be very territorial. Large, dominant ones chase the little, younger ones away from their les territoires (territories). This leads to the younger ones to challenge one another over the leftover areas. Those even weaker, scared, or shall we say... plus ambitieux (more ambitious) tend to escape and try their luck in the other, nearby routes. Croyez-le ou non (believe it or not), We even receive the odd... appel (call) as far as Chemin des Gorges for rogue Onix. My guess is this Onix was one of those who decided to set out and make a claim in this Route. No doubt she was just lashing out at intruders in her new home, that is to say... most notably the now caved-in ruins we once called a cave." Hommes scans the ruined cavern, as though stressing out that last sentence.

The fact an Onix of this caliber had fled Victory Road from even stronger opponents did not sit well for Beatrix. To think... less than an hour ago she had ambitions to go in there.

Now though?

Oddly (and strangely disturbing) enough, this Onix pretty much indirectly saved her from a fate worse than... well... best not think think about that state of life just yet. To think, what dangers she could have been in had she managed to snuck into said Road?

If this Onix was a handful to her team NOW, just imagine if she fought a much more intimidating Onix, or a...

"You alright there, Madamoiselle Beatrix?" Hommes queried, a look of concern forming on his face.

The young detective snapped herself back to reality. "Oh, sorry 'bout that. I tend to get lost in thought when thinking 'bout stuff. No need to worry." she blurts out. Still, she thought to herself, there's still the matter of the Onix. If what Monsieur Hommes said was true, then this Onix was fleeing from more dangerous foes. Not only that, but she's also very fast for a giant rock snake of that size... even faster than Moriarty! She's also quite tough, and can dish it out as much as take it. Then there's her size. If anything, her size allows Beatrix to reach hard to reach areas the average human cannot reach. If anything, the Onix would make her a valuable partner in her future career.

A decision was reached.

"Say, Monsieur Hommes. Is it possible if we... that is to say, myself and my team, could take care of the Onix? Like, maybe give her some training and toughen her up while I'm on my Pokemon League journey? You said it yourself that she's one of the many Onix that left for greener... well... rockier pastures...err... caverns. Figured since we DID technically beat her, it's clear she's not strong enough to take care of herself, much less once she is released back into Victory Road on her own as is. Who knows, she might even try and run off again! The next oblivious traveler or trainer who crosses her path might not be as fortunate as I was. Figured the least I could do is train her... then release her, on her own volition of course, back to Victory Road when the time comes. Whaddaya Say?"

Vance, beaming confidence having defeating the beast, flexed a muscle in response. Moriarty though, felt somewhat disgusted at the thought of a giant rock worm faster than him accompanying on their travels. The thought of having a big rockhead at his beck and call did cross his mind though...

Awaiting an answer from the Ranger, Beatrix notices her X-transceiver has received new messages. She sends her own responses.
    WE FOUGHT N ONIX! She was BIG and HUGE n TOUGH! N FAST 2! - B

Aquacorde? Can try n maek it. Could find Richter n meet up with y'all @ Aquacorde. - B

Blondie? Izzat Al? - B

ARE WE DOING CODE NAMES NOW?! - B

TiamatZ on
    Not a code name, a NICKname! All my Pokemon have 'em, thought I'd give it a try with people!

You've already got Bea, don't need another. Unless you've secretly always hated Beatrix and desperately wish everyone would call you something, ANYTHING else....

If that's the case then I'll see what I can do about a nickname number two.

I'll do a post tonight, promise.

ew9y0DD.png
    ~ Santalune Forest ~

Aleksandr just watches Jim as he spouts his plethora of move-based puns. He blinks, once. As does Volnoy.

When the other youth leaves for Aquacorde, Al and his Buizel look at each other for a moment, then Volnoy shrugs. "I have no idea," he tells his partner, while Borzoi bounces a way after Jim, barking exuberantly. After a few more moments, Al returns his attention to his Pokétch, and taps in another message.
    Still need to heal my team, do not want to walk to Aquacorde with one fainted and one almost gone. Hopefully I will see you all there. Water gym may be hard for me, though Volnoy is probably strong enough for anything. --Al.

"Come on, team. Let's heal up then meet the others in Aquacorde. Also one of us needs to learn and electric or grass move at some point.
    Now, about that promise...

ew9y0DD.png
    Pretty sure this means you gotta build a time machine

I'll leave that to Richter, seems more his speed.

ew9y0DD.png
    edited April 2018
    Damn you, Rawk. You made me do the thing.

Beatrix

"Bon dieu," Hommes mutters. "You raise fair points, mademoiselle, mais..." he shrugs. "Non, non. You have done us a helpful deed, so it is perhaps a Ranger's duty to rendre la pareille." He holds out the Great Ball containing the captured giant, but pulls it back a fraction.

"Consider still, that this Onix remains très strong, even if defeated the once. Perhaps très angry, even très bitter. Promise to take your time training, and do so safely and careful, it would be truly déchirant to have to save you from this one, but for real, the next time our paths cross."

If she accepts, Beatrix's Pokedex pings as the data and ownership of the Onix are transferred.
    =============
    Name:
    Species: Onix
    Type: Rock/Ground
    Exp: 0/65
    =============
    Loyalty: Hostile
    Demeanor: Anxious
    Need: Protection (A 'sense of security')
    Quirk: Lashes out often
    =============
    Weak: Fighting, Grass, Steel, Water
    Resist: Electric, Fairy, Fire, Flying, Poison, Rock
    =============
    Moves:
    Stone Edge (Physical/Rock/Boosting[At])
    Rock Slide (Physical/Rock/Powerful)
    Sand Tomb (Physical/Ground/Trapping)
    Stomping Tantrum (Physical/Ground/Punishing)
    Dragon Tail (Physical/Dragon/Powerful)
    =============
    Stamina: 14
    =============
    HP - 4 At - 4 Df - 5
    Sp - 6 SA - 2 SD - 3
    =============
    Assists: [Burrow], [Strong], [Huge]
    =============
    Abilities: [Intimidate] - The first time this Pokemon is targeted by an enemy Pokemon, Harass that Pokemon's Attack and Special Attack by -1 each.
    =============

New Style!
    Punishing - Deals 1 extra point of Stamina Damage for each Boosted point in the Target's Stats.

New Assist!
    Huge - This Pokemon is gigantic! It's difficult for enemies to shift them if they don't want to be shifted (first attempt fails). This Pokemon is big enough to have difficulty moving and battling in places sized for humans.

Isaac

When you're barely in control of what your Moves are, a changed Type apparently doesn't hamper your Style that much. Trying to copy, rather than counter, the Phantump's toxin in her inherbriated state causes Sierra's Card to launch a small seed at her opponent.

Sierra takes 2 damage from Poison!
    The Poison faded...

The remaining poison affecting the Eevee sputters out early, as the seed latches on to the Phantump, quickly sprouting into a thicket of spectral vines that seem to hamper emotionally more than physically.

Sierra used Trump Card!
    Worry Seed was Drawn!
    Phantump was Seeded!

Physical or not, the bowel shaking earthquakes, of doubt and remorse, do not quite actually manage to impale the suddenly concerned Ghost Type with monster-truck-force just yet, but hang out a few turns and we'll see where things go.

Phantump took 1 Damage from worry!
    8PQJCms.png Is this kind of thing... what I've been doing to other Pokemon all this time...

MUS7Sxt.png ...Neat!

Continuing to squint suspiciously at Isaac and his tactically malleable partner, Samantha purses her lips. "Just... try a Shadow Claw, Hora."

Nodding past its shroud of worrying-vines, the Phantump flitters across the distance between itself and Sierra, swiping with its talons rather than with a handful of Toxic this time.

Phantump used Shadow Claw!
    Sierra took 2 Damage!
    It's Super Effective!

"Hmph," Samantha mutters, more cautious than congratulatory. "That seems to work."

Battle Status
    - Sierra [ ||||||--­--- ]
    She's Grass Type Now - 2 turns
    - Phantump [ ||||||||||- ]
    Exponentially Poisoned - 2 turns[/quote]

Marshmallow on
    edited April 2018
    @discrider
    J6ot0Da.png
    Also: Do you need me to reply, or are you still working on your scene?

~ Onward to Aquacorde Town ~ :whistle:
    Speedy Bois & Time Paradoxers

The hard-work and training of earning your first badge as well as acquiring yet more helpful companions in the nearby routes, makes the passage through the modest trail, known as Route 2 or 'Avance Trail', leading to Aquacorde a cinch. Navigation would be easy even if their weren't a trail to follow: just follow the river, teeming with boats - pleasure craft and the occasional transportation ferry alike - southwards.

Compared to the size of the town you're approaching, the bridge leading over the river as it bends eastward seems relatively modest, even if its no fallen-log-sitting-across-a-creek thanks to the necessity of allowing the ferries passage beneath it. Must be that the town receives little foot traffic, at least from Santalune.

Much like that city, Aquacorde boasts buildings built in the older, traditional style of the region. The sidewalks and plazas seem almost as packed as the bustling, and now-distant, Lumiose City, if only thanks to the smaller scale of the town compared to the many people who wish to be here, as much now for reasons of commerce and transit as for the pristine views of the riverside, thanks to the blooming fortunes of South-Central Kalos.

From the small park the Avance Trail's bridge leads to, its easy to see the small-but-busy town's major landmarks so long as you avoid the crowded fountain - the older architecture of the modest Shopping District, the decorated bulk of the Ferry Terminal, the cutting-edge lines of the Pokecenter, and the proud facade of the newly-built local Gym: trying hard and arguably succeeding in matching the style of its much older surroundings.

Marshmallow on
    I can keep going.
    It was more opening up if you wanted a reaction to it.

edited April 2018
    Sierra - 6/11
    Maven - 8/8

~Santalune Gym~

Isaac squints at Sierra. Then squints at Samantha squinting at Sierra. Before the confusion can recurse any further the myth maniac points to the sky-ceiling dramatically and sticks with the usual plan: make something up and roll the dice.

"Perfect strategy, Sierra! I think it's time we used our... second move."

Still smarting from the shadow claw, the eevee snarls affirmitavely and hits the ghostly gourd with whatever she's got at this very moment.

Sierra used Last Resort [???/Dark/???]!

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited April 2018
    Isaac

Sticking to the lack-of-plan, Sierra throws caution to the wind and makes a hail mary attack. Going with the flow after focusing on coming up with something Dark flavored, she instinctively stomps a paw and yells out a withering tirade at her opponent.

Sierra used Last Resort!
    Sierra used Torment!
    [Status/Dark/Locking]
    Phantump's Shadow Claw was Locked!

The already emotionally vulnerable Phantump seems to take whatever infamies are being piled on it in poor temper, and the growing seed of worry continue to do its steadily increasing damage.

Phantump took 2 Damage from worry!
    MUS7Sxt.png Oh cool, it gets worse!

"Pull yourself together, already. Keep using your Shadow Claw," Samantha instructs impatiently from her side of the arena. Eager to vent some of its rapidly increasing unease with some wholesome, healthy talon-slashing, the Phantump glides at Sierra with arms drawn back.

Phantump used Shadow Claw!
    But it failed...
    Phantump Struggled!
    Sierra took 1 Damage!

Somehow, it can't quite seem to muster up the effort to get its claws properly drawn and working, and it ends up just giving the Eevee a light battering. Between the worsening effects of Worry Seed, Sierra's tormenting tongue-lashing, and its mostly ineffective attack, the Phantump actually seems too disheartened by the situation to even chuckle at its plight for the first time.

Even Samantha seems a little taken aback.

Battle Status
    - Sierra [ |||||---­--­--- ]
    She's Grass Type Now - 1 turns
    - Phantump [ ||||||||--- ]
    Exponentially Poisoned - 1 turns, Shadow Claw

Marshmallow on
    Sierra - 5/11
    Maven - 8/8

"Oh wow, you really stopped him in his tracks!" Isaac pauses. "They're probably going to try that poison again if we let them! Think you can boost that grass move a bit more?"

Feeling rather emboldened by the recent turn of events, Sierra takes three slow, deliberate steps towards the Phantump...

Sierra used Last Resort [???/???/Harassing (HP)]!

Isaac

At first, it seems as though the Eevee's gambit is having no effect at all, the pseudo-Grass Type merely glaring at her Ghostly opponent in vain.

Then, from above, the crunching crackle of frost and ice under tension.

Sierra used Last Resort!
    Sierra used Icicle Crash!
    [Physical/Ice/Harassing (HP)]
    Phantump took 3 Damage!
    Phantump's HP Fell!
    It's Super Effective!

Large icicles, practically stalactites, snap free of their precarious perch on the ceiling and fall concussively around - and on - the moping Phantump, shattering into glittering shards and filling the air with a deadly chill and ice cold, energy-sapping mist.

In the midst of the destruction, Sierra's rudimentary Grass Type features fade away, leaving the Evolution Pokemon back to her usual Dark/Psychic Self.

The Forest's Curse Faded!
    Sierra's Natural Types Returned!

Staggered from the icy collapse, the worry seed finally blooms, thrusting the Phantump into a final, and truest despair.

Phantump took 4 damage from Worry!
    Worry Seed's Effect Faded!

"Hora!" Samantha calls out in a cracking voice to her devastated Pokemon. "You're a god damned Ghost Type! Negativity is your bread and butter!" she goads the struggling Stump Pokemon, which turns to affix her with a burning red eye.

"More than that, you're a member of the Yamazumi family! Act like it!"

Trembling, the Phantump reaches a clawed hand up to its head, and snaps away one of the branch-horns on the right side of its head, the living wood flexing in its grip, to wrap around its wrist. A reasonable copy of the blade that last fainted it.

It charges Sierra, a hail mary of its own.

Phantump used Branch Lance!
    Sierra took 3 Damage!

Battle Status
    - Sierra [ ||-­--­---­--­--- ]
    - Phantump [ |----­---­-xx ] Shadow Claw

~ Trainer's School ~
    Richter

"Indeed," Marlowe replies, in a stage whisper so as not to wake anybody. "I'll be sure to cheer you on. I hope our conversation was of at least some use to you, but remember it's just the words of an old schoolteacher - faint directions to journeys you'll experience in a new, fresh way yourself. Whatever it is you're looking for, you'll find it, I believe it."

edited April 2018
    Sierra - 5/11
    Maven - 8/8

~Training Room (Santalune Gym)~ :whistle:

Isaac swirls and wavers about in a manic mix of excitement and fear as the match comes down to the line. "Great job Hora! ...Sierra too!"

Watching Sierra pace in a circle, eyes locked on the Phantump's movements, Isaac is at a loss as to how to approach this moment. Does Hora have any more secret moves left to preempt, or should Sierra make sure her blow counts?

In a situation this tense, there's obviously only one way to tell the way forward.

4pofVCe.gif

"Sierra! Finish this by pushing him back!"

Sierra used Trump Card [???/???/Offensive]!

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited April 2018
    Not a code name, a NICKname! All my Pokemon have 'em, thought I'd give it a try with people!

You've already got Bea, don't need another. Unless you've secretly always hated Beatrix and desperately wish everyone would call you something, ANYTHING else....

If that's the case then I'll see what I can do about a nickname number two.
    Nah, Bea's cool 2. Cya @ Aquacorde! Peace!

She thought on giving him a cool nickname as well (maybe Jazzy Jim?), but she didn't want to rustle Jim's ... err... jimmies.

Skimming through the data on her Pokedex, Beatrix had an idea that training this Onix would be quite the venture. Still, she accepted the challenge. The Onix did leave quite an impression on her team… figuratively speaking, of course.

“Don’t worry Ranger Hommes, With these two as my witnesses, I’ll take good care of her.” Vance gave a hearty flex, and Moriarty issued a caw that could roughly be translated to “Yeah, sure… Whatevs.”

Offering her farewells (but not before getting the noble Rangers phone number though… just in case) to Ranger Hommes and Rigel, she leaves the cavern post-haste and makes her way back to Santalune City. As she steps out... the gentle winds greeted her, wafting past her and feeling like a soothing sensation after her ordeals inside the claustrophobic cave. No doubt, Moriarty felt the same as well, she thought to herself. True enough; the avian stretched his wings, before launching himself into the open skies, finally to be rid of that oppressive hole.

With nearly half her traveling companions making their way to Aquacorde Town (and the other half missing and/or probably asleep(?)), it was clear where she needed to go. Prof. Sycamore did tell them that after the first gym, double battles will become more integral in their journey across Kalos. It was only halfway on route to Santalune that she remembered one thing: Aquacorde’s Gym Leader was a water user. Considering that even the bug gym was a difficult fight, the next one might actually be a challenge.

She looks back at Vance, and then at the small spot that was the haughty Murkrow in the sky.

You know what?

I say BRING IT!

Vance and Moriarty had my back in the cave when we took on the Onix. How’s a gym battle any different? Treat every fight, every encounter, and every situation as if it is your last.

Dad always used to say that.

It was only then that Bea noticed her clothes. She was a mess, and she was covered in dust, dirt, and who knows what else that used that cave as a home.

But first…a shower.

She gave her partners another quick glance.

Scratch that, Pokemon Center… THEN a shower.

~ Pokémon Center- Santalune City ~
    The day was barely halfway done before Officer Shirley returned to the Pokémon Center. No doubt any of the Rivals had made their stop here to have their Pokémon treated. It was only a matter of time. If push comes to shove, she could always start posting…

“Officer Shirley?” a voice trailed from behind her.

“Yes?” she responded curiously. A nurse was operating the center’s counter this afternoon. Nothing suspicious.

“A parcel of sorts was left on the counter this afternoon. Had a letter on it with your name on it.” The nurse held what appeared to be a thin, wrapped object with a piece of paper attached to it.

The letters ‘If lost please return to Officer Shirley’ was written… no… printed out in a bold font all over it.

"I'm sure you must be mistaken. I mean... how certain are you that the parcel in question is for me? For all you know I could be imperso..."

“Not really. Had a list of details pertaining your person. The descriptions are almost... photographic, really. Pretty odd.” The nurse smiled, one of the many simulated ones they always handed out to clients. “No one knows who left it here, but it seems the sender wanted to give this to you urgently."

Shirley glanced at the letter attached to the parcel. She muttered under her breath. True to the nurse’s words, she read a detailed description of herself, right down to whatever she was wearing yesterday. So many signals were going off in her mind. Whoever this was had been watching her. But who?

The unwrapping was the final clue, and quite an alarming one at that. The way she looked at that very moment, you could be forgiven to assume the shocked expression on her face was caused by an Arbok’s Glare.

Here it was, Right here, in her hand. The missing IIRC card she had thought gone missing. That was not just the end of it though. Behind the card, Shirley spots what appears to be a small slip of paper. She mutters once more, reading the single line of words on it, her expression unchanged, but her surprise grew tenfold.

“Your cooperation was highly appreciated – A.S.

First the stack of papers, and now this? Who was this A.S. character? An alias? A codeword? Who was stalking her? Was this another Rival she had not taken into account? Why did A.S. seen fit to return this to me? Was this some kind of threat or sick joke on her expense?

So many questions. Not enough answers.

"Nurse... you wouldn't have any security footage of the counter, now would you?" The Officer eyed the nurse with a grim, serious visage...

~ Santalune Forest ~
    Beatrix casually whistles a tune as she strolls her way to Aquacorde Town. She made certain to stay on the pathways, avoiding any competitive trainers (or rowdy Pokémon) as best she could. The cavernous clash with the Onix today was more than enough action for her taste.

She wondered if Officer Shirley got her card back by now. Much as Bea believed the card might be handy to own, it really wasn't hers to begin with. Not to mention she got what she (or rather what Director Emma) wanted from it, so there really was no further need to keep it. Who knows, maybe she would be happy to have it back…

Moriarty would have said otherwise (what with putting his neck on the line for it and all), though the young woman managed to assuage the Murkrow with a delicious bag of sweet candy corn to tide his misgivings on the issue. Vance meanwhile kept a wary eye on the sides of the road, alert at any signs of potential ambushes.

OOC:
    Barring any other distractions, Team Bea’s going to Aquacorde Town.

TiamatZ on
    ~Route 22 : Détourner Way ~

Cresting the hill, Richter takes in the ruckus.
    A Rhyhorn is racing around the track, with Keyanu chasing along behind.

.. and the Rhyhorn is dragging something?

Mind whirring, Richter shrugs off his backpack.
    If I just .. jump on .. I could blind it .. with my lab coat and ..

Marie pulls up alongside the track's fence, and Richter.
    Neither Pokémon nor trainer is so nearly as breathless as he is.

"Um, no trouble then I guess?", Richter says softly, eying Keyanu who drifts behind him nonchalantly.
    "Ah, none at all. This one got a bit excited is all. Someone sounded the starting buzzer.. or something like it."
    Marie pats, perhaps, her Rhyhorn on the back of the head, keeping her other hand on the impromptu rope reins running through it's mouth.

There is a soft 'ping' as the dust behind the Rhyhorn settles.
    Richter awkwardly shuffles through the slat fence, before prodding the plowed dust with his foot.
    His foot encounters something hard, and North slowly uncurls himself.

"North!"

Quickly sweeping up the ravaged rock, Richter tries to tend to his anodes.
    "That one took quite a beating, by the looks of it.", Marie mutters, "Not sure how it got tangled up with the racer here."
    Richter continues to frantically polish his friend, and then digs into his bag for a Potion.
    Marie grimaces, "Well, this guy needs a run anyway. How about I get someone to cover for me at the gate, and I give you a ride back to the Pokécenter to get fixed up?"
    Richter looks up from his wet Pokémon and nods.

The trip back is swift.
    Perhaps not comfortable, but swift.

A half hour later, Richter waits pensively for the nurses to do their thing.
    Keyanu floats around the room occassionally, still not willing to look Richter in the eye.
    Not that that's hard with him cradling his face like that.

The counter bell rings, as the nurse places North on the bench.
    "So he's all fixed up now. More or less.", the nurse beams at Richter.
    A somewhat sullen North looks up at Richter, all better.
    "Somewhat?"
    "Oh yes, we've given him a bit of a polish, but unfortunately he's had a slight haircut.", the nurse smiles, "Wasn't this the Geodude from yesterday that had the crystal on his back?"

"O.. Of course", Richter stammers.
    The glass mohawk is gone.
    In its place, a glass plate remains.
    The protrusions must have been knocked off on the race-track, and only the somewhat pitted surface survived.
    He had not noticed the lack of spires in his haste to charge the surrounding contacts.
    North had only had the style for a few days now anyway.

"Hey.", the nurse says, softly refocusing Richter's attention,
    "Don't worry yourself too much kid. This happens all the time! It's what we're here for.
    And that's one tough Pokémon you have there. He'll be fine.
    Now, surely you have somewhere else you need to be headed to?
    Go on, have fun! We'll be here if you get into any more scrapes!
    Soon you won't even remember what happened today."

Richter frowns, before opening up his phone.
    The others are going to Aquacorde town.
    And the time is ...
    Time to get going!

"Thankyou uh Miss Nurse.", Richter blurts out, not catching the nametag in his haste.
    "North, I'm glad you're okay, but we have to get moving.
    Keyanu! We're leaving!"

And with that, the trio start heading out to the next town.
    Somewhat worse for wear but still holding in there.

~ Aquacorde Town ~

Jim takes in the new scenery as he crosses the footbridge into Aquacorde. The numerous yachts and other watercraft bring to mind memories of his home, though of course the less temperate Kalos climate means fewer surfboards and swimmers. Nevertheless, it does give him an idea.

"Ferries, huh," he remarks at seeing a rather large passenger ship leaving dock and heading west. "We'll have to check the schedule there, maybe catch a ride to another city instead of going back the way we came."

Approaching the city proper, he glances down at Eli. "We should find the gym first thing, I think. You guys could use a bit of training, and Finn needs some battle practice before we try for a second badge."

Then he spies the shopping district. "Then again, I seem to recall wanting to purchase a nice hat. Maybe some new clothes too." He looks down at his clothes, none of which were really built for travel. Loafers? No, that was a mistake. Better upgrade.

"Detour, Eli!" Jim says cheerfully and swerves to the Shopping District instead, ducking into the first outlet store he happens upon, the Leavanny Ltd.

An hour later, he re-emerges, looking like a whole new man. A thick white button-down shirt alongside a pair of durable olive slacks and brown hiking boots, plus a matching olive cap. He still has the bright green jacket, though, so it's not a complete makeover.

Eli, not one for wearing clothes, seems to have tolerated the distraction well but is transparently happy to be done. He floats up to shoulder level, pulling on Jim's jacket with one of his tiny hands in the direction of the gym.

"Okay, okay, I know. Gym time!" He slips his hands into his pockets and sets off for the gym with a jaunty whistle, while Eli boldly leads the way.

edited April 2018
    ulcmF7h.png

Catching Up On Exp Stuff :whistle:

@discrider - Rhyhorn Racing
    Richter gets 5 Trainer Exp! (22)
    - Keyanu gets 3 Exp! (7/29)
    - North gets 2 Exp! (8/35)

@TiamatZ - Onix Battling
    Beatrix gets 5 Trainer Exp! (6)
    - Vance gets 4 Exp! (6/38)
    - Moriarty gets 3 Exp! (4/40)

Isaac

"Hora, it's time to finish this..." Samantha says to her beleaguered Pokemon. "...With Destiny Bond!"

"..."

"...Is what I would say if you knew Destiny Bond, you slacker." The Phantump half-heartedly waggles its wooden lance at his trainer in a not-quite-threatening manner.

While her opponents work out their continuing relationship problems, Sierra pulls yet another brand new Move from her deck of many things. Summoning up something aggressive and reliable, she darts at the Phantump at impossible speed.

At first it seems as though the Move missed, the Phantump left unharmed as the Eevee jaunts past in a blur, moments later the effects of her dash catches up, and the air lets out a loud crack as the Stump Pokemon is slammed backward in her wake.

Sierra used Trump Card!
    Sonic Boom was Drawn!
    (Special/Normal/Offensive)
    Phantump took 1 Damage!
    It's not very effective...

With a flash of red light, Samantha returns her defeated Pokemon to its Pokeball with a sigh. "Losing streak continues, at least Hora took this one somewhat seriously."

Phantump Fainted!

Isaac gets 6 Trainer Exp! (6)
    - Sierra gets 4 Exp! (6/34)

"So," she calls across the arena to Isaac. "About teaching your Eevee something..."

~ Aquacorde Gym ~ :whistle:
    Jim

Sporting some dashing new duds, Team Jim proceeds to seek out the local Gym. The yellow-brown-brick, navy-shingled building is found easily enough abutting the riverside, a convenient location for a Gym specializing in Water Types, surely.

Before the Junior Trainer can enter the impressive building, he spots a familiar face loitering nearby, which is odd because it takes Jim a moment to remember exactly why. Someone from his home region? Someone he battled? Wait, no, it's someone he met recently...

...It's that guy from the fountain on Route 4. Looks like he's updated his own look as well. Gone are the ragged, dirty clothes from before, replaced by clean slacks and a t-shirt, and a newer, less tattered jacket. He also looks like he had a much needed wash. Part of the reason for that might be the company he's keeping: a young, dark-haired woman with a hoodie tied firmly around her waist and a laptop bag hanging from her shoulder, walking from place to place while holding up her hand with thumbs and pointer fingers extended to form a rectangle - as though she were framing the Aquacorde gym for a picture or painting. There may be something to that impression, as a Magnemite hovering closely at her side is periodically making clicking and whirring noises, much like a camera (or rather how most phones mimic a camera's noises, nowadays).

Ramon notices Jim and raises his chin in recognition, leaving it up to the Alolan trainer to approach the pair, or continue into the Gym.

~ Aquacorde Town ~ :whistle:
    Richter, Beatrix

Both Richter and Beatrix reach Aquacorde Town without any problems. Both do however receive a text message shortly after the arrive.

Beatrix:
    Emma wrote:
    Hey Bea!

Things got complicated!

Call (don't text) when you get a chance. Thx!

-Emma

Richter:
    Bonjour, Richter! How goes your journey? We at the lab were able to catch your match against Msr. Samuel on the television, a magnifique battle!

I hope you are finding much to occupy your time in between battles and training. As we say in Kalos: Prenez le temps de vivre! You would say, I think, 'stop to smell flowers'. Is that right? Anyway, bon chance!

-Prof. Sycamore

Marshmallow on
    edited April 2018
    Sierra - 2/11
    Maven - 8/8

~Training Room (Santalune Gym)~
    "So," she calls across the arena to Isaac. "About teaching your Eevee something..."

"Yeah, that toxic move was great! It'll definitely come in handy during the gym battle." Isaac replies gratefully and as almost always, fairly obliviously.

As Sierra catches her breath, she barely conceals a euphoric smile, pretending to observe her paw very carefully. Did she just get lucky this time? Nah, couldn't be.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    Isaac

"Well then. So long as we both got something out of this, I suppose," Samantha replies, mildly confused. "I had better get Hora healed, good luck with your... journey."

~ Aquacorde Town ~

Water Gym, Aleksandr thinks to himself, as he arrives in Aquacorde with a fully healed team. And I lack a Pokémon with a type advantage. I should have spent more time back in Lumiose looking for some Electric moves. Rather than dwell on his perceived disadvantage, he kneels down to rub behind Borzoi's ears while putting a hand on Volnoy's shoulder.

"Small town," he says to Volnoy, looking over his shoulder to where Sila and Rhazga are trailing slightly behind. The Fletchling mostly hovers in place, twittering at the stoic Riolu in a way that seems equally friendly, and yet antagonistic. Sila mostly responds with gestures - shrugs and movements of its hands, mostly toward Aleksandr. "Keep an eye on those two, will you?" the youth asks, turning to address the pair. "I am going to check out the stores for some things to help us. Volnoy is in charge, please do not spar in the town. Not without me present to direct you. We could get in trouble."

Sila nods curtly, then taps its chest. Rhazga gives an exaggerated sigh, fluttering up and then drifting slowly to the ground. The bird hops forward, and pecks at Volnoy's hip. The Buizel pivots in place, and shakes his head with an enthusiastic grin. Bui, he says succinctly.

"Borzoi and I will be back shortly. Stay outside the stores, and do not disturb the locals, or you will end up in your ball on timeout," It's delivered gently, more a reminder than a threat.

~ Inside a Store ~

"I'm looking for a TM - Thunder Fang, or perhaps Thunder Punch. Something similar, if you have it," Aleksandr asks the attendant. And he'll repeat it in all the stores he can find that cater to trainers, hopefully finding something. By this point, he has a new sleeveless hooded jacket in orange, with Buizel-like yellow flashes, and a dark pair of cargo shorts, festooned with pockets. He's not purely in the market for Things To Help Him Battle.

ew9y0DD.png
    “From yonder forest, our heroine peers from behind a bridge. Not a bridge of leaf and tree and growth, but rather, that of stone and sand and mortar: that of civilization. From beyond that, lied what she could surmise to have been a modest, sleepy town. Whereas the previous one had accepted its transformation from old to new, this one was still set in its ways. Even from her vantage point, she saw a town who was in the conflict with itself. Indeed, it looked as though the antediluvian still held its grasp, ironically covering its outlook across many of the structures like that of moss. It was here, the heroine and her friends knew, where the Lord of Water resided…” Bea wrote in her notepad. Still a rough draft, but it’ll do, she thought to herself.

As for the town itself, she found it quite quaint. If she weren’t on her Pokémon League journey, she would have loved to explore this town at her leisure. The nearby boats and ferries reminded her of the docks of Castelia City, though on a much, much smaller scale. Her gaze jumping from landmark to landmark, she looks back at her two partners. “Think we ought to find a place to stay, then maybe get some info about this place… maybe the gym too…” She looks back at the recently acquired Great Ball. “And of course, a safe spot to release and get to know our newest partner.”

It was then that Bea heard her X-transceiver notifying her with its signature ping noise. Having received and read Emma’s text message, she was flushed with some measure of confusion. The fact she asked to be called instead of text meant something serious had happened. Did she botch her assignment? No, that can’t be…

Finding a quiet, remote alleyway (away from prying eyes and ears, though having a sneaky Murkrow to keep an eye of things didn’t hurt either), she flips open her transceiver and contacts the Director.

“Rookie Beatrix here, Emma. Calling from Aquacorde Cit… err… Town. Called you as soon as I got your message. What’s the situation?”

edited April 2018
    ~ Aquacorde Town ~

"Hey, whaddya know, it's Ramon!" Jim calls out amicably and waves as he approaches the duo. "Been a few days. What've you been up to?"

He gives Ramon a once-over. "Guess you solved that little quandary you were in, then? You definitely look like you're defining yourself now!"

He doesn't miss the young lady, of course. "Who's your friend? One of those popular people you mentioned before? Your... what do they call it around here? A... petite amie?" He puts on a smooth but friendly grin. "Any friend of Ramon's is a friend of mine. Call me Jim. This is Eli." he says, offering his hand for a shake. Is it true? Has even Ramon been having more luck with the ladies than him?

Eli takes the opportunity to photobomb the Magnemite's shots, if indeed the Magnemite is even really taking them. His antics have Jim usher him back over, but he does think for a moment. "Huh, you know, I met three other Magnemite in the forest earlier today! What a coincidence!"

Terrendos on
    edited April 2018
    Sierra - 11/11
    Maven - 8/8

:whistle: Sierra's Attack increased to 4! 1 Trainer exp spent! :whistle:

~Wild Psyduck Burger~

"Okay Sierra, let's set sail to... Aquacorde!"

"...oh, wait." Isaac glances at the Hierophant tarot, inexplicably faceup at the top of his deck and possibly staring with fury.

~Santalune Gym~

Running a few minutes late, Isaac maneuvers his way towards the entry point for the gym challenge. What sort of destiny awaits him here? Will the portent of [An Initiation] at long last be revealed?

Edit: Forgot Sierra had two unspent experience already, so only 1 trainer exp required to move attack from 2 -> 4

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited April 2018
    Isaac and Aleks incoming, just posted this to force me to finish today rather than put the whole thing off until later.

GM lifehack™

~ Aquacorde Gym ~
    Jim

"Oh hey, it's Jimbo. What's good, Jim?" Ramon replies, returning the wave with a casual one of his own. "Few days, huh? Seems like longer."

"I don't definitively know about my definition, but they say dirtlessness is deific," he continues in a sing-song voice, brushing away imaginary specs of dust from his shirt.

"'Small friend' is literally correct in this case, but this is Kalos so that's a euphemism, right? Or an innuendo. One or the other, but we're mates only in the Australian sense. This is Melissa," he adds, gesturing. "Melissa, Jim," he gestures back as she ceases her finger rectangle-ing and gestures her Magnemite closer.

"Meae," she says, introducing her Magnemite with a nod as its aperture eye gives a mechanical blink, and it does a hovering bob of greeting. "Hey, it's Jim," she says, extending a hand. "Ramon hasn't mentioned you."

"We spoke on Route 4. Jim's doing the Kalos League challenge."

"Exciting."

"How's that going, anyway?" Ramon asks. "Any badges yet?"

~ Aquacorde Town ~
    Beatrix

"Well get this, if you try to look up info on a certain number of antagonistic individuals, you don't really get much of anything. You try and leverage a small favor to see why said persons might be interesting to anybody, and you get cops in your office, including a now mutual acquaintance of ours."

"Bit of a hand grenade in my inbox, but I've got the IP tied up with League officials for now. Just figured I'd let you know to maybe keep news of any opponents between four and six, especially over text, on the down and low since its a good bet we're being watched sooner or later."

"Anyway, that was all, just a bit of biz venting and a heads up. Anything new with you? This Anton kid you sent is something else, isn't he?"

Marshmallow on
    edited May 2018
    ~ Santalune Arena ~ :whistle:
    Isaac

Pretty light crowd today, but as the lift raises into place at the edge of the arena below, the lack of roaring audience is replaced by a different kind of roar.

Audience schmaudience. Humble origins make the myth all the better.

Booth locking into place with a thud, Isaac can look across the - actually kind of familiar looking arena, whirlpool and stone pillars? Isn't that a little passé? - he can spot Samuel in his own booth, long, dark hair bound up tight and standing with arms crossed, pleated pants swaying in the mist.

"Monsieur Isaac Emil!" he shouts over the crashing waves of water between them. "Fate has called you to battle, with luck and courage at your side. Show me you can walk the path you have chosen! Show me that your Pokemon will walk it with you!"

Flinging his arms out, two Pokeballs spin into the arena below.

The first releases a butterfly-like Pokemon, spinning into the air with its wings folded tight. At the apex of its rise, they unfurl and...

...Everything goes white.

Samuel and Icy Snow Vivillon used their Signature Move!
    WEVJj5B.gifSheer Cold!

As the clears, mist slowly descending as finest specks of snow, the frigidly altered arena is revealed. The swirling water of the whirlpool below flash frozen into a bowl of solid ice, the rock pillars festooned with brittle, jagged icicles.

Very nearly hovering, with only the faintest motion of its black and white wings keeping it aloft, the Icy Snow Pattern Vivillon remains airborne. Below, Samuel's second Pokemon can now be seen, a black, worm-like Pokemon that has covered itself with bits of fluff, newspaper, and empty wrappers, perhaps to protect itself from the bitter cold wafting from the wings of the Vivillon above.

"Show me, and you will earn the Bug Badge, and my esteem," Samuel finishes, his normal volume only barely carrying over the startled muttering of the crowd, as he folds his arms once more.

Battle Status
    Airborne - Accessed via Flight or (temporarily) by Jumping
    - Icy Snow Vivillon [ |||||||||| ]
    Icicle Spikes - Scattered hazards. Deals [Ice] Damage to those who shift into them.
    Ice Slopes - Fast, but slippery. Shift here to gain +1 Speed. Forced Shifts deal -1 Speed.
    - Trash Cloak Burmy [ |||||| ]

~ Aquacorde Town ~
    Aleksandr

It takes a few stores (an apologetic clerk explains that they've had a lot of beginning trainers clearing them out of Grass and Electric TMs the last few days, for obvious reasons) but Aleksandr is eventually able to track down a desired TM or two at an affordable price.

Marshmallow on