As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    odd rogue ft. double owl has been smorcing well for me so far

just don't draw patches and you'll get there

unless you're against a lot of warlocks, then you just lose and feel sad

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Trying to do warrior now. Such a pain. So many buckets have no synergy with many treasures or contain total trash cards. Have beaten it with Priest, Mage, and Druid so far, but still so far to go -_-.

I've found stealth+raging worgens/frothing berserkers to crank out wins very consistently.

Thanks for the tip. Would you recommend just restarting until I get stealth? It feels like it is rarely offered to me.

Stealth and big minions cost 5 are probably the best starting treasures for Warrior, yeah.

Agree with this. If you're just trying to get that win, then yeah, restarting until you get one of these two for your first treasure is probably the most time efficient option. I tend to just roll with whatever I get and see how far I can take the deck though.

I agree with the bolded, I feel like it's a waste of time to constantly restart just for "that one good treasure" cause you could still end up losing hard to some boss later on. Or the final boss.

I've gotten Captured Flag or Scepter of Summoning runs that I still ended up losing for one reason or another.

Just roll with what you get. You can always get something later on that turns it around. Like honestly there's a good deal of luck and RNG involved in Dungeon Run. Skill is a factor, certainly, but even when making the best lines of plays and drafting the best options, you still run into That One Boss that just gets you. Or you lose to the final boss anyway. Or you just don't get offered very good buckets!

I'll link this incredible resource one more time as well (specifically for @Mace1370 but also anyone else who is still chugging along with Dungeon Run): https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/7qtrt9/noblords_guide_to_dungeon_runs/

Very, very helpful. I would not have gotten clears without this resource.

With regards to Warrior: Try and get a midrange deck with a lategame plan. If you nab Scepter you just draft Fatties for days. Captured Flag is S Tier. Dragon buckets are super fucking good. Aim for some amount of early game as well, especially early on (2/3 drops are king). Most (if not all) of the control-y buckets are traps. You basically just want Good Minions you can be curving out with.

Thanks man! I will look at that resource.

Was getting frustrated as my buckets just never seem to line up with my treasures... like at all. I also keep getting buckets with just utter trash too (like a Pirate bucket with 5/4s for 5 that buff you weapon +1 attack).

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    If you really want to turn 3 mountain giant hand druid is the way to go. The way I built it wild growth does nothing productive so I basically just directly swapped it for witchwood apple and it's not bad?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Has every class other than Rogue been deleted for some people? I’ve literally played against Rogues in 12 of 15 games today.

Its a cheap deck that has been doing well. People like to take those for a testdrive
    There are no cheap, meta rogue decks right now.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Trying to do warrior now. Such a pain. So many buckets have no synergy with many treasures or contain total trash cards. Have beaten it with Priest, Mage, and Druid so far, but still so far to go -_-.

I've found stealth+raging worgens/frothing berserkers to crank out wins very consistently.

Thanks for the tip. Would you recommend just restarting until I get stealth? It feels like it is rarely offered to me.

Stealth and big minions cost 5 are probably the best starting treasures for Warrior, yeah.

Agree with this. If you're just trying to get that win, then yeah, restarting until you get one of these two for your first treasure is probably the most time efficient option. I tend to just roll with whatever I get and see how far I can take the deck though.

I agree with the bolded, I feel like it's a waste of time to constantly restart just for "that one good treasure" cause you could still end up losing hard to some boss later on. Or the final boss.

I've gotten Captured Flag or Scepter of Summoning runs that I still ended up losing for one reason or another.

Just roll with what you get. You can always get something later on that turns it around. Like honestly there's a good deal of luck and RNG involved in Dungeon Run. Skill is a factor, certainly, but even when making the best lines of plays and drafting the best options, you still run into That One Boss that just gets you. Or you lose to the final boss anyway. Or you just don't get offered very good buckets!

I'll link this incredible resource one more time as well (specifically for @Mace1370 but also anyone else who is still chugging along with Dungeon Run): https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/7qtrt9/noblords_guide_to_dungeon_runs/

With regards to Warrior: Try and get a midrange deck with a lategame plan. If you nab Scepter you just draft Fatties for days. Captured Flag is S Tier. Dragon buckets are super fucking good. Aim for some amount of early game as well, especially early on (2/3 drops are king). Most (if not all) of the control-y buckets are traps. You basically just want Good Minions you can be curving out with.

Was getting frustrated as my buckets just never seem to line up with my treasures... like at all. I also keep getting buckets with just utter trash too (like a Pirate bucket with 5/4s for 5 that buff you weapon +1 attack).

Naga Corsairs are actually really good :p

Just a nice beefer that you can drop out and pressure face with. Don't even have to get the Battlecry off (i mean, bonus if you do, but the body is good)

(they're 4 mana btw, not 5! makes em even betterrr)

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular

I was gonna offer your some advice but then I realized I have won literally all my crowns against The Darkness with either stealth or wax rager.

What I'm saying is just get stealth and wax rager against the darkness.

Spiteful, not even close. It has GOT to have nerfs incoming. Just way, way, way too much stats for cost.

I fully 100% agree with this sentiment, but they'd literally have to destroy the card's functionality to do so.

The full on Warsong Commander treatment. Just nuke it's current functionality and replace it with something else.

There's no way you can keep that card's current functionality as-is and somehow nerf it to make it less oppressive. Reducing Spiteful's stats wouldn't matter. You could do something like "reveal a spell, summon a random minion that costs (x) less" but that still doesn't fix the core problem.

Just nuke it.

"Reveal a random spell, if it costs more than 5 destroy it and gain +4/+4"

"Reveal a random spell, draw it" for all I fucking care.

Just fucking kill it.
    I dunno. I think the lazy nerf of making it cost more would probably be sufficient. Spiteful games would turn out a lot differently if the card cost 10 mana. I don't know if 10 mana would be overkill, but I'm positive there is a cost where it becomes too slow and late game to live on in 60% win rate decks. Aggro and tempo decks would be able to race the stat bombs more reliably.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Another problem with Spiteful is the 10-mana minion pool got way better after rotation. Now you're guaranteed to get either:
    • Sea Giant 8/8
    • Tyranus 12/12 Shroud
    • Deathwing 12/12
    • Emeriss 8/8
    • Ultrasaur 7/14

On the worst roll possible you get an 8/8 on turn 6. That's far too much power for only 6 mana. Card definitely needs a nerf or two.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    At 10 mana you're also more likely to draw your big spells before you can play spiteful.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Ugh, I was tempted to craft myself some manner of Spiteful Druid, but all this doomsaying is making me too scared to do it. If they nerf the card I'm not going to get a refund on the Grand Archivist, the UIs, or DK Malfurion, and I'm not convinced there's another viable druid deck that I can afford to build this set.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Ugh, I was tempted to craft myself some manner of Spiteful Druid, but all this doomsaying is making me too scared to do it. If they nerf the card I'm not going to get a refund on the Grand Archivist, the UIs, or DK Malfurion, and I'm not convinced there's another viable druid deck that I can afford to build this set.

Given Blizzards past history of nerfing stuff, I expect them to hit Warlock hard while leaving Spiteful Summoner alone. Then after the next expac they'll get around to SS. So probably safe.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    I expect cube lock to last at least as long a razakas priest did.

Once you get past one round of nerfs, they tend to leave it for the long haul.

Julius wrote: »
    What I'm saying is just get stealth and wax rager against the darkness.

Nevermind that just get Uther of the Ebon Blade and stealth against the darkness like this.

z6LiPsx.png

This was by far the most ridiculous deck I've ever had in Dungeon run.

I has two Wishes. And a handbuff package with 3 Grimestreet enforcers (Handbuff is amazingly strong with perma-stealth, which I got first). Had two Bolvars too.

The only time I was in danger of losing was the first battle.

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I tried out Spiteful Druid last night. I went down entire rank to 15 rank 0 stars, so I'm convinced that it just doesn't work at the rank I am at now. But, nothing seems to work regardless of what I pick, so take that with a grain of salt.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    @Wyvern I'm running my version without DK Mal or Lich King due to lack of dust; I'll let you know how it does when I start seriously laddering with it. What rank are you at / wanting to get to?

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Seriously I don't know why I play this game. No matter what I pick, I lose.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Another problem with Spiteful is the 10-mana minion pool got way better after rotation. Now you're guaranteed to get either:
    • Sea Giant 8/8
    • Tyranus 12/12 Shroud
    • Deathwing 12/12
    • Emeriss 8/8
    • Ultrasaur 7/14

On the worst roll possible you get an 8/8 on turn 6. That's far too much power for only 6 mana. Card definitely needs a nerf or two.

Which means that you'll always pull Emeriss or Sea Giant, and your opponent will always pull Tyranus and Deathwing.

Why yes, I did pull Emeriss three on-curve Spiteful games in a row. Yes, I still won those games, but it's not the point.

Ooh, this is interesting. Kibler has been piloting a rather successful version of Rush Warrior in Legend:

DbgVMseUQAAhhlY.jpg
    https://hsreplay.net/decks/AMoF2Vx3lrj7sH2jbii0uh/
    AAECAYwWBtIC8gXCzgKf0wLN7wKb8AIMHJADjgWRBooH68ICzM0CuuwChe0CnfACl/MC0fUCAA==

I think Rush Warrior has a lot of potential, I just think it needs a bit more refinement. Cool to see streamers experimenting with it.

DNiDlnb.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Ooh, this is interesting. Kibler has been piloting a rather successful version of Rush Warrior in Legend:

I just came here to post this. He's having a lot of success and it seems like a cool deck with a strong shell.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    R-dem wrote: »
    Wyvern I'm running my version without DK Mal or Lich King due to lack of dust; I'll let you know how it does when I start seriously laddering with it. What rank are you at / wanting to get to?
    I'm currently around 13 or 14, with Aluneth-style Tempo Mage being my most successful deck (more or less this one except with a revolving door of random nonsense to replace the Cinderstorms, Lifedrinkers, and second Glyph because I'm that much of a skinflint). Hitting rank 5 for the free golden epics would be nice. I don't give a damn about legend.

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Only 10% warlocks? I think his sample size isn't great.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    edited April 2018
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Only 10% warlocks? I think his sample size isn't great.

It's Legend, things are a lil bit different up there. He did play a good number of games with it.

I imagine Cubelock beats the shit out of it though. I dunno how this deck actually... gets past a Voidlord. Like I think if they get a Voidlord down you just, lie down. And try not to cry. And end up crying a whole lot.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I need Darius Crowley and a Town Crier... :(

The worst thing about trying to rank up with my budget Tempo Mage deck is that cubelock (any control-ish warlock with healing, really) is basically an auto-loss. Cheap board clears straight into massive healing is more than I can burn through. Although the fact that I'm short a Counterspell probably isn't helping; I'll probably just craft that after the next brawl.

Evenlock is hilarious, though. They kill themselves for you! Saves so much time.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So if Lunara's card back is next month's arena thing
    How do I get it? 5 wins?

You know what's randomly been wrecking me lately? Non-hero power enhanced paladin. Turns out if you just run the best Odd and best Even cards in the same deck it doesn't matter if you have a souped up hero power or not.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• BeastwizardBeastwizard Registered User regular
    Kibler had some unbelievable luck when it came to matchmaking today, and it’s not just because he’s in Legend. He just hit Legend today and he piloted the Rush Warrior from Rank 2 to Legend, and he barely faced any Cubelocks or Control Warlocks or Spiteful Druids. I made the deck and it’s not great, in fact I dropped from Rank 2 all the way back to 4. It shits on Paladin and Rogue, like Kibler intended, but it’s terrible against the rest of the spread. I’m seeing nothing but Control Warlocks and Spiteful Druids, and I’m just getting stomped all over the place.

You know what's randomly been wrecking me lately? Non-hero power enhanced paladin. Turns out if you just run the best Odd and best Even cards in the same deck it doesn't matter if you have a souped up hero power or not.
    Well, yeah, paladin continues to have incredibly strong aggro cards like Divine Favor, Call to Arms, and Tarim. Which shell was it?

Murloc paladin actually barely lost anything in the rotation, so it's still really strong.

forty wrote: »
    Well, yeah, paladin continues to have incredibly strong aggro cards like Divine Favor, Call to Arms, and Tarim. Which shell was it?

Murloc paladin actually barely lost anything in the rotation, so it's still really strong.

Generic Paladin Good Stuff. No theme except all the individually strongest cards. Getting hit by 2x Tarim Sunkeeper wasn't great.

• furbatfurbat Registered User regular
    I was going to comment about kibler having some luck, but only hitting 12% warlock/druid when they make up 36% of the meta is really really lucky even with a sample size of 41. I don't remember enough about statistics to calculate the odds though.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I’d like to make a hybrid Rush/Control Gunter deck, but don’t want to craft Crowley.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    I'm increasingly unsure if hero cards are a great idea. They're cool, but a lot of games come down to who draws their hero on time and who gets it either too early (so it sits dead) or too late (when the other player's enhanced hero power has already generated too much value).

They're pretty much auto-includes in nearly every deck. It also doesn't feel super great to crush someone because you drew your hero and they didn't, and to lose because vice versa.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    I'm increasingly unsure if hero cards are a great idea. They're cool, but a lot of games come down to who draws their hero on time and who gets it either too early (so it sits dead) or too late (when the other player's enhanced hero power has already generated too much value).

They're pretty much auto-includes in nearly every deck. It also doesn't feel super great to crush someone because you drew your hero and they didn't, and to lose because vice versa.

I think this is more of a reflection of the hero cards they chose to print rather than a mechanic core to hero cards. Cards like Jaina or Malfurion have basically zero deckbuilding cost to them, and are generically good effects that are just strict upgrades that you will always want. A card like Garrosh, however, is much more of a sidegrade - a powerful control weapon the turn you play it, but a hero power that you really need to build your deck to take advantage of. You wind up seeing a lot less Garrosh than Jaina or Malf as a result. Even a card that once dominated the format like Anduin lost deck support and now is irrelevant to the meta.

liEt3nH.png
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Isnt anduin still played as an aoe sw:death in some decks?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I mean some, but we're actually surprisingly low on 5+ attack minions in the meta!

liEt3nH.png
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I feel this is the best version of Taunt Druid. No bloat with Tar Creepers (or Ultimate Infestation you almost never play). Your board is much more threatening with multiple Lichkings and Primordial drakes anyway. Drawing Doomsayer with Oaken summons, basically gives you 13 health back, or destroys their board, which feels on par with Tar Creeper. Doomsayer is also a solid play behind your taunts.

It steps all over cubelock and other controll decks (except Shudderwock) and gives Palladin/Rogue a good run for its money. I seem to win from Palladin 2/3 times as they blow their loads on my taunt army and my huge amount of armor, while I have plenty of ways to clear their boards. Spitefull Druid is a toss up, depending if I find Hadronox on time, but Doomsayer is very good in this matchup.

### Special Place
    # Class: Druid
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 2x (1) Lesser Jasper Spellstone
    # 2x (1) Naturalize
    # 2x (2) Doomsayer
    # 2x (2) Wild Growth
    # 2x (2) Wrath
    # 1x (3) Ferocious Howl
    # 2x (3) Witching Hour
    # 2x (4) Branching Paths
    # 2x (4) Ironwood Golem
    # 2x (4) Oaken Summons
    # 2x (4) Swipe
    # 2x (5) Carnivorous Cube
    # 2x (5) Nourish
    # 2x (8) Primordial Drake
    # 1x (8) The Lich King
    # 1x (9) Hadronox
    # 1x (9) Master Oakheart
    #
    AAECAZICBMLOAq/TAvHqAr/yAg1AX4oB6QHEBuQIyccClNICmNICntICi+EChOYCjfACAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    # Generated by HDT - https://hsdecktracker.net

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Looks like good changes to Taunt Druid, I'll have to try or that version

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Either my Arena opponent drafted 3 River Crocs or Thoughtsteal-copies of cards don't carry the Dire Frenzy Buff. This is some bullshit.