As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    What happens if you thoughtsteal a Keleseth'd deck

liEt3nH.png
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

As if it was reasonable to assume that two cards that are somewhat similar work the same way in Hearthstone.

in case that was a serious question: Thoughtsteal, Benedictus, Thistle Tea all generate copies that are without the Keleseth buff. So I guess Dire Frenzy is consistent with that. I stand by my "this is bullshit" claim, because Thoughtsteal giving me 2 River Crocs is the worst.

and here is the post by Donais on how this works: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/6y2cww/bug_prince_keleseth_mimic_pod_it_will_give_you_an/dmkerx2/?st=jgdgqhit&sh=44758242
    The rough rule for copying is:

If you copy something that is in play and the copy is in play it keeps stats. (Faceless Manipulator)

If you copy something from other zones it is the base card. (Thoughsteal)

If you copy something in play to another zone it is a base card. (Echoes of Medivh)

If you move something from deck or hand then it is still that exact card so it keeps stats. (Death Grip, Deathlord.)

If something leaves play it loses buffs. (Sap)

We are trying to make this the consistent rule and reviewing existing and future cards with this in mind.

Grobian on
    I just played the "guess a card in your opponent's deck" priest card and picked a spell that the opponent cast LITERALLY LAST TURN, STILL IN THE SIDEBAR, and it was WRONG because it was from a random card generator but DIDN'T SAY SO WHEN IT WAS CAST

(fart sound effects)

liEt3nH.png
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I just played the "guess a card in your opponent's deck" priest card and picked a spell that the opponent cast LITERALLY LAST TURN, STILL IN THE SIDEBAR, and it was WRONG because it was from a random card generator but DIDN'T SAY SO WHEN IT WAS CAST

(fart sound effects)

I had all of that happen to me except the omission of "card generated by" part.

I just forgot about demons summoned from kabal trafficer. Are you sure it didn't carry the tag?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I wonder why control lock advises using skull and Rin in the same deck

Pulling Aziz Ansari without the battlecry going off has to be the literal worst feeling

I suppose getting a free void daddy is worth it and you can just not play the skull in control matchups

zcdyaVk.jpg

HOW DO YOU HIGH ROLL THIS MANY DOOMGUARDS AND ZERO VOIDBOYS

liEt3nH.png
    edited April 2018
    Grobian wrote: »
    Either my Arena opponent drafted 3 River Crocs or Thoughtsteal-copies of cards don't carry the Dire Frenzy Buff. This is some bullshit.

i played a paladin in arena yesterday: In the 6 turns (he had coin) it took to kill me i saw:

2x lost in the jungle
    2x level up!
    1x truesilver champion
    1x fungalmaster

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    zcdyaVk.jpg

The chance would be (n!/m!)/((n-7)!/(m-7)!) where n is the number of Doomguard and Voidlord deaths and m is the number of total demon deaths.

So if the graveyard is 6 Voidwalkers, 2 Voidlords, and 6 Doomguards it's (8!/14!)/((8-7)!/(14-7)!) or 1/429 ~= 0.2% for no Voidwalkers.
    If it's 8 Doomguards its (10!/16!)/((10-7)!/(16-7)!) or 3/286 ~= 1.0%
    If it's 10 Doomguards its (12!/18!)/((12-7)!/(18-7)!) or 11/442 ~= 2.5%

So somewhere between 1 in 40 odds and 1 in 500 odds you unlucky soul.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    that's literally every doomguard he had, because i burned one

liEt3nH.png
    That would be 1/1716 ~= 0.06%

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    the worst part is i still could have won that match but i accidentally healed a cube with death coil

liEt3nH.png
  • furbatfurbat Registered User regular
    If you run weapon removal, just 1x, it shuts that bullshit down. Without skull, they have a hard time ever landing a cube.

furbat wrote: »
    If you run weapon removal, just 1x, it shuts that bullshit down. Without skull, they have a hard time ever landing a cube.

The issue was less skull and more "I'm a druid and I can't easily remove the minions"

liEt3nH.png
    RDXr4zS.jpg

not pictured: death gripping his lich king

liEt3nH.png
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Wow what a dirty Arena game this was

I oozed a Vinecleaver and a Silver Sword which had been used once. And then I used a Thoughtstolen Ooze ro remove a pristine Ashbringer. My turn 10 was just *chef's kiss*

and after one more game:
    x5fjnc75ubas.jpg

Holy Water is really good in Arena. MVP was probably Wild Pyro, though, there were so many shenanigans

Rewards were p bad: 330 gold, one pack, a golden rare (Sunwalker)

Grobian on
    edited April 2018
    I made someone concede at 27 health in arena. Turn 6 unstable evolution left me with a lyra, an obsidian statue, a witches cauldron and a handful of priest and shaman spells.

man i should spectate you sometimes @grobian, i'd love to get better at arena.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited April 2018
    Thread, is there a decktracker app?

I'm kinda sad that all my cool games and records are not present in decktracker because i played on mobile a lot.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • furbatfurbat Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

The issue was less skull and more "I'm a druid and I can't easily remove the minions"

Its a lot easier to remove them if you only see one played all game. Without skull they are unlikely to play them from hand. Its probably worth it to use a naturalize on one too. Also, are you running the spell stones?

Granted they can still land a cube on a doomguard from a lackey, but that's a 2 turn play and you have the chance to shut it down.

I've been playing control lock without skull/doomguards/cubes. Weapon removal turns that from a highly unfavored match up to a pretty even one.

furbat on
    I mean I felt that I did very well in the matchup, as mentioned, I only lost to a misplay, and the extreme odds of reviving every single doomguard.

liEt3nH.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    A mechanic I've been wanting to see for a long time is recycling cards from your hand back into your deck. (this so far is only possible from putting it into the battlefield first). I was thinking that something like the odd/even mechanic that changes your hero power from the start of the game would be the best way to do it. basically change the power to a 2 cost, choose a card in your hand, put it back in your deck, and draw a card. How do you guys think this would affect hearthstone?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    A mechanic I've been wanting to see for a long time is recycling cards from your hand back into your deck. (this so far is only possible from putting it into the battlefield first). I was thinking that something like the odd/even mechanic that changes your hero power from the start of the game would be the best way to do it. basically change the power to a 2 cost, choose a card in your hand, put it back in your deck, and draw a card. How do you guys think this would affect hearthstone?

Terrible idea. You're basically introducing Brainstorm into Hearthstone. It's restricted in Vintage and the best card in Legacy. That effect looks small but is insanely powerful in practice.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    I was going to comment about kibler having some luck, but only hitting 12% warlock/druid when they make up 36% of the meta is really really lucky even with a sample size of 41. I don't remember enough about statistics to calculate the odds though.

If I remember how to do this properly, the odds of getting 12% or fewer warlocks/druids are .06%. Preeeeety lucky.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I wonder why control lock advises using skull and Rin in the same deck

Pulling Aziz Ansari without the battlecry going off has to be the literal worst feeling

I suppose getting a free void daddy is worth it and you can just not play the skull in control matchups

While losing out on the battlecry is a bumber that's still a free Giant++, which is probably even better than the battlecry against midrange.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited April 2018
    azith28 wrote: »

dead man's hand kinda does this, but it cycles the same card(s) into your hand (if following your example)

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    I don't think it's a good idea because your opponent already has very limited counterplay options; a hero power that lets everyone play warlock Solitaire does not seem healthy.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

Yeah this is what I use, it's pretty damn good for a mobile overlay. Plus it sends my games to HSReplay.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Looks like good changes to Taunt Druid, I'll have to try or that version

Let me know how it goes!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    This odd pally had me down to 1hp, but I stabilized by polymorphing my baron geddon and putting sunfury protector next to the sheep. Then surviving for 5 turns until winning.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/VMnvw5XXAu2WFmFWNSGWYN

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    zcdyaVk.jpg

You're playing taunt druid? Am I finally rubbing off on you?

4 years and Roz still doesn't realize druid is my second most-played class

liEt3nH.png
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    so including dollmaster dorian in taunt druid decks probably doesn't make it better, but it certainly makes it more fun:
    7RiXVJ3.png

4wpAlyG.png

edit: playing this and keleseth quest druid i accidentally burned through 1000 druid wins to over 1020 without noticing. if only i could have this much fun winning with paladin right now :/

edit edit: and i even opened liam!

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited April 2018
    bsjezz wrote: »
    so including dollmaster dorian in taunt druid decks probably doesn't make it better, but it certainly makes it more fun:
    7RiXVJ3.png

4wpAlyG.png

edit: playing this and keleseth quest druid i accidentally burned through 1000 druid wins to over 1020 without noticing. if only i could have this much fun winning with paladin right now :/

I dunno, do the resurrected taunts have their full stats?

My guess is yes, so it probably does make it better.

In other news I pulled The Glass Knight.

Yay....

Thawmus on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »

As if it was reasonable to assume that two cards that are somewhat similar work the same way in Hearthstone.

in case that was a serious question: Thoughtsteal, Benedictus, Thistle Tea all generate copies that are without the Keleseth buff. So I guess Dire Frenzy is consistent with that. I stand by my "this is bullshit" claim, because Thoughtsteal giving me 2 River Crocs is the worst.

and here is the post by Donais on how this works: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/6y2cww/bug_prince_keleseth_mimic_pod_it_will_give_you_an/dmkerx2/?st=jgdgqhit&sh=44758242
    The rough rule for copying is:

If you copy something that is in play and the copy is in play it keeps stats. (Faceless Manipulator)

If you copy something from other zones it is the base card. (Thoughsteal)

If you copy something in play to another zone it is a base card. (Echoes of Medivh)

If you move something from deck or hand then it is still that exact card so it keeps stats. (Death Grip, Deathlord.)

If something leaves play it loses buffs. (Sap)

We are trying to make this the consistent rule and reviewing existing and future cards with this in mind.

And yet, they all say "copy". A term shouldn't mean different things based on target.

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    7RiXVJ3.png

4wpAlyG.png

Yay....

they definitely do have full stats and it definitely is awesome... when you pull it off. actually comboing it with card draw is the hard part. dorian sticking around for a UI turn is hard to wrangle

unless you're playing taunt warrior or odd druid, i guess

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    4 years and Roz still doesn't realize druid is my second most-played class

It's probably just safe to assume everyone plays a lot of Druid until proven otherwise. Considering this, Dibby's recent revelation that Druid is his favorite class (seriously where did that come from?), and that me, The Priest Guy, 's second (and so far only other) gold hero is Druid.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    7RiXVJ3.png

4wpAlyG.png

Yay....

Yes, resurrected taunts have full stats.

I love witching hour-ing a grizzly on tur 5-6 for 3 mana. 3-12 taunt? Yes please!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    So ranking up after hitting 5 is like, dramatically harder than before. I see what you guys mean about the "climb to legend" now. I just got to 4 for the first time and it took me forever.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    I know Shudderwock Shaman isn't great. But it sure can shit all over Taunt Druid.

So ranking up after hitting 5 is like, dramatically harder than before. I see what you guys mean about the "climb to legend" now. I just got to 4 for the first time and it took me forever.

I've been Rank 5 since shortly before the rotation, and I've been able to get 4 stars and no further.