As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    4 years and Roz still doesn't realize druid is my second most-played class

Accept my friend invite and then I would know!

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    4 years and Roz still doesn't realize druid is my second most-played class

It's probably just safe to assume everyone plays a lot of Druid until proven otherwise. Considering this, Dibby's recent revelation that Druid is his favorite class (seriously where did that come from?), and that me, The Priest Guy, 's second (and so far only other) gold hero is Druid.

oMLW2NX.png

8-) 8-) 8-)

(druid was my first golden hero, the first class i broke rank 5 with, the first class i broke rank 3 with, etc etc. fukken loves me some druid.)

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Hunters rule, druids drool

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    My only golden heroes are Warrior and Priest because I'm a control freak.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    My only golden heroes are Warrior and Priest because I'm a control freak.

This checks out.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Priest 805
    Shaman 338
    Mage 206
    Hunter 120
    Paladin 101
    Warrior 81
    Warlock 43
    Rogue 32

Man did i really play that much priest? I did play a ton of cthun priest and big priest i recall.

I played jade shaman a lot and jade druid a bit after LoE rotated.

Fun fact, those paladin, warrior and hunter wins are all from the last 2 months.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I only have a gold priest and gold shaman. I almost want to leave my Shaman at 666 wins right now.

Has anybody figured out or even seen Azalina Soulthief (Copy opponent's hand), she seems meme worthy. I kinda want to try an aggro deck and then just play her when you are out of cards but I can't really see her working out.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    I only have a gold priest and gold shaman. I almost want to leave my Shaman at 666 wins right now.

Has anybody figured out or even seen Azalina Soulthief (Copy opponent's hand), she seems meme worthy. I kinda want to try an aggro deck and then just play her when you are out of cards but I can't really see her working out.

Firebat was using it as a meme option in a non-quest control Odd Warrior and she did some silly game-winning shit against decks like Taunt Druid.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    I have Golden Warrior, I want to get Golden Shaman, only 50 wins to go. Too bad it's dumpster tier.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Kolosus wrote: »
    I have Golden Warrior, I want to get Golden Shaman, only 50 wins to go. Too bad it's dumpster tier.

Wild aggro shaman

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Oh boy braggin' time, I love braggin' time!

Warlock - 1535
    Shaman - 734
    Rogue - 724
    Hunter - 674
    Warrior - 664
    Paladin - 638
    Mage - 602
    Priest - 569
    Druid - 525

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    No golden heroes for me, but im sure I'll get there eventually. I built a odd paladin and I'm really liking it thus far. Still low ranked but I plan to stick with it for awhile and see how it goes.

It's basically this deck but I don't have corridor creepers and I'm not sure I want to drop 800 dust on that, so I subbed in a Prince Liam and a Witchwood Grizzly. Totally crushed a mage and a priest with it, and then even beat a cubelock last night! Just so many dudes...

I want to try Even Paladin too though!

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I got golden warrior a long time ago but I use the magni portrait so it doesn't matter

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    I know Shudderwock Shaman isn't great. But it sure can shit all over Taunt Druid.

Thank God all the other classes bring that deck down, cause all I can do is leave his draw cards on board and mill his keycards as my lategame happens after his lategame.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I know Shudderwock Shaman isn't great. But it sure can shit all over Taunt Druid.

And any other slow deck.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

Thank God all the other classes bring that deck down, cause all I can do is leave his draw cards on board and mill his keycards as my lategame happens after his lategame.
    I had a Taunt Druid (me) vs. Shudderwock (them) game. As soon as it started, I was like "...oh. Guess I lose." but decided to play it out anyway.

They made the same mistake I made when I first tried Shudderwock, which is playing too many card-drawing Battlecries. It seems like they'd be good to dig for the combo, but they actually just clog up your hand, especially when you play the double-battlecry guy before Shudderwock. When they played their Shudderwock wombo-combo, they immediately maxed out their hand, so all the Shudderwocks that got bounced ended up evaporating instead. That left one 6/6 and two 6/4 Shudderwocks on the board, and I had the exact amount of damage on the exact amount of bodies to clear the board.

They conceded right after.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking of trying Hemet in my Shudder deck. Seems like it might help once I need to dig for my key minions rather than card draw.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I decided to alter Big Beastah by putting Dire Frenzies in it. Got tired of running out of Big Beasts. Everyone seems to be running all kinds of single-target removal.

It's actually pretty great. Makes it a little harder to get to the late game, but I haven't struggled thus far. But pulling 6/15 taunts out of my ass, or 10/10's with Charge, or 12/12's with Charge, one turn after another, feels so damn good. Not only that, but I can push the game to fatigue-land and actually out-last my opponent, which also feels pretty damn good.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I decided to alter Big Beastah by putting Dire Frenzies in it. Got tired of running out of Big Beasts. Everyone seems to be running all kinds of single-target removal.

It's actually pretty great. Makes it a little harder to get to the late game, but I haven't struggled thus far. But pulling 6/15 taunts out of my ass, or 10/10's with Charge, or 12/12's with Charge, one turn after another, feels so damn good. Not only that, but I can push the game to fatigue-land and actually out-last my opponent, which also feels pretty damn good.

That sounds fun! Is there a card list for this somewhere? I'm curious to see if I could build it and give it a try.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    DarkMecha wrote: »

That sounds fun! Is there a card list for this somewhere? I'm curious to see if I could build it and give it a try.

I'm not sure what substitutions Thawmus made to fit in Dire Frenzy (maybe a Flanking Strike and one of the early-game taunts?) but the base list is something like this. It can be a tough list to build because it runs quite a few expensive cards that are normally non-competitive.

2x Candleshot
    2x Fire Fly
    2x Play Dead
    1x Prince Keleseth
    1x Gluttonous Ooze
    1x Lone Champion
    2x Stitched Tracker
    2x Tar Creeper
    2x Flanking Strike
    1x Houndmaster Shaw
    2x Saronite Chain Gang
    1x Spellbreaker
    2x Witchwood Grizzly
    1x Deathstalker Rexxar
    2x Seeping Oozeling
    1x Silver Vanguard
    2x Charged Devilsaur
    1x Kathrena Winterwisp
    1x The Lich King
    1x King Krush

Dehumanized on
    Just fucking kill off mc tech please. Goddamn i'm so sick of that card.

Play around it because i know spiteful runs double mc techs...

Proceed to get leeroyed and ofcourse it steals katrina instead of one of the two welps.

or my tar creeper

or my stiched tracker

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Take out Houndmaster Shaw.

Really? It' such great whoot-hoo bait though...

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »

Shaw is a B+ card and Dire Frenzy is an A- card.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    I don't think it's a good idea because your opponent already has very limited counterplay options; a hero power that lets everyone play warlock Solitaire does not seem healthy.

replacing a card would likely be considered worse than warlocks standard draw a card power. Main reason to use it in warlock is to make discard lock not so painful at possibly discarding something really important.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    DarkMecha wrote: »

I'm not sure what substitutions Thawmus made to fit in Dire Frenzy (maybe a Flanking Strike and one of the early-game taunts?) but the base list is something like this. It can be a tough list to build because it runs quite a few expensive cards that are normally non-competitive.

2x Candleshot
    2x Fire Fly
    2x Play Dead
    1x Prince Keleseth
    1x Gluttonous Ooze
    1x Lone Champion
    2x Stitched Tracker
    2x Tar Creeper
    2x Flanking Strike
    1x Houndmaster Shaw
    2x Saronite Chain Gang
    1x Spellbreaker
    2x Witchwood Grizzly
    1x Deathstalker Rexxar
    2x Seeping Oozeling
    1x Silver Vanguard
    2x Charged Devilsaur
    1x Kathrena Winterwisp
    1x The Lich King
    1x King Krush

Pretty much this list but -1 Lich King (don't have it), -1 Stitched Tracker (haven't had a lot of luck with it). Then +2 Dire Frenzy.

It's pretty great on turn 7 with an Ooozeling on the board, Play Dead, Dire Frenzy whatever comes out, then Prince K, then suicide the Oozeling into something. I pulled that off in the first game I played after I changed it, and my opponent just conceded right away. He was not going to deal with this 7/16 Taunt bear bullshit, especially knowing I had 2 more in my deck.

The other thing I like about it is that when the bears come out, if you have Shaw out, they can immediately work on board clearing with their massive derrieres.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Duelyst had a system where you could replace a card in your hand for free once a turn. It's fine and makes horrible draws somewhat less likely.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    emnmnme wrote: »

Sure but on t4 theres nothing to frenzy. Imma take out a stitcher instead i think.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    emnmnme wrote: »

I don't disagree but with this deck you need a way to put your deathrattle minions on the board and make them dead right away. Play Dead is nice if you have it in hand, but that should compound your play, not make your play.

For an example, if all you have is Silver Vanguard in your hand, and Shaw on the board, you can play Silver Vanguard, Rush him into a wall, cheat Kathrena out, rush her into a wall, and then cheat out Krush and pound face. Without Shaw that play isn't happening at all. He's not 100% necessary for the deck but he's been a massive help since I put him in.

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    Trying to do warrior now. Such a pain. So many buckets have no synergy with many treasures or contain total trash cards. Have beaten it with Priest, Mage, and Druid so far, but still so far to go -_-.

I've found stealth+raging worgens/frothing berserkers to crank out wins very consistently.

Thanks for the tip. Would you recommend just restarting until I get stealth? It feels like it is rarely offered to me.

Stealth and big minions cost 5 are probably the best starting treasures for Warrior, yeah.

Agree with this. If you're just trying to get that win, then yeah, restarting until you get one of these two for your first treasure is probably the most time efficient option. I tend to just roll with whatever I get and see how far I can take the deck though.

I agree with the bolded, I feel like it's a waste of time to constantly restart just for "that one good treasure" cause you could still end up losing hard to some boss later on. Or the final boss.

I've gotten Captured Flag or Scepter of Summoning runs that I still ended up losing for one reason or another.

Just roll with what you get. You can always get something later on that turns it around. Like honestly there's a good deal of luck and RNG involved in Dungeon Run. Skill is a factor, certainly, but even when making the best lines of plays and drafting the best options, you still run into That One Boss that just gets you. Or you lose to the final boss anyway. Or you just don't get offered very good buckets!

I'll link this incredible resource one more time as well (specifically for @Mace1370 but also anyone else who is still chugging along with Dungeon Run): https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/7qtrt9/noblords_guide_to_dungeon_runs/

Very, very helpful. I would not have gotten clears without this resource.

With regards to Warrior: Try and get a midrange deck with a lategame plan. If you nab Scepter you just draft Fatties for days. Captured Flag is S Tier. Dragon buckets are super fucking good. Aim for some amount of early game as well, especially early on (2/3 drops are king). Most (if not all) of the control-y buckets are traps. You basically just want Good Minions you can be curving out with.

Thanks man! I will look at that resource.

Was getting frustrated as my buckets just never seem to line up with my treasures... like at all. I also keep getting buckets with just utter trash too (like a Pirate bucket with 5/4s for 5 that buff you weapon +1 attack).

I was gonna offer your some advice but then I realized I have won literally all my crowns against The Darkness with either stealth or wax rager.

I've had Wax rager against him 3 times now. Every single time it has been Entombed or Mind Controlled. Very frustrating. The only time I have been offered stealth and Wax Rager I got the Beam Boss and of course Wax Rager was the minion randomly stolen...

The one thing i dont get is how you get by without 1 x crushing walls.

Its saved my bacon or won me games on so many occasions.

Might be because i dont run krush...

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Yeah it seems we've all had different experiences with different cards in Dungeon Run. I had lots of luck with Wax Rager, but that's because King Togwaggle pulled out his Mega-Windfury knife twice and did 40 damage to himself with it.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm always surprised at the wins shown in here when you guys post them. I don't have a single golden hero, I think my closest is like 425ish...

I'm always surprised at the wins shown in here when you guys post them. I don't have a single golden hero, I think my closest is like 425ish...

Damn Yilias and their zoo grinding that makes my 1.3k Priest wins not the highest single-class total!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    I knew I played this game too much... definitely a stark reminder that I should leave myself a little distance.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    Duelyst had a system where you could replace a card in your hand for free once a turn. It's fine and makes horrible draws somewhat less likely.

Still does.

azith28 wrote: »

Still does.

My choice to speak of Duelyst in the past tense was intentional :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Did it take a dip in quality or something?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Did it take a dip in quality or something?

The biggest issue is that they only printed a single card devoted to Shiro Kibler, rather than a whole set

I still think Duelyst is fun. I recently started playing it a bit again. But I think I'm even more outclassed in that game than I am in Hearthstone...mainly because while i can play a decent game with netdecks, They are fewer and futher between to find netdecks online since they dont have a huge site like hearthpwn showcasing them. the change of a 40 card deck and up to 3 duplicates really makes it more chesslike.