As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Did it take a dip in quality or something?

They had two potentially userbase-shattering updates (changing it from drawing 2 cards/turn to 1, and then more recently adding rotations), and since I literally never hear about it compared to the other, more polished CCGs that have come out afterwards I just kind of assume it's dead (or maybe zombified).

And also they had a fair few design decisions I vehemently disagreed with, so a bit of a grudge too :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    So I figure I'll go ahead and start the ranked climb. The baby ranks are lots of aggro, so I'm playing Quest Warrior. I can't stop loving this deck, and I feel like it's gotten a new lease on life this expansion. It is just absolutely disgusting when your starting hand against Evendin is Drywhisker, Out of My Jungle!, and Whirlwind.
    Deck list:
    Fire Plume's Heart
    Whirlwind x2
    Drywhisker Armorer x2
    Execute x2
    Slam x2
    Warpath x2
    Acolyte of Pain x2
    Phantom Militia x2
    Shield Block x2
    Stonehill Defender x2
    Tar Creeper x2
    Blood Razor x2
    Saronite Chain Gang x2
    Brawl
    Rotten Applebaum x2
    Primordial Drake x2

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    Trying to do warrior now. Such a pain. So many buckets have no synergy with many treasures or contain total trash cards. Have beaten it with Priest, Mage, and Druid so far, but still so far to go -_-.

I've found stealth+raging worgens/frothing berserkers to crank out wins very consistently.

Thanks for the tip. Would you recommend just restarting until I get stealth? It feels like it is rarely offered to me.

Stealth and big minions cost 5 are probably the best starting treasures for Warrior, yeah.

Agree with this. If you're just trying to get that win, then yeah, restarting until you get one of these two for your first treasure is probably the most time efficient option. I tend to just roll with whatever I get and see how far I can take the deck though.

I agree with the bolded, I feel like it's a waste of time to constantly restart just for "that one good treasure" cause you could still end up losing hard to some boss later on. Or the final boss.

I've gotten Captured Flag or Scepter of Summoning runs that I still ended up losing for one reason or another.

Just roll with what you get. You can always get something later on that turns it around. Like honestly there's a good deal of luck and RNG involved in Dungeon Run. Skill is a factor, certainly, but even when making the best lines of plays and drafting the best options, you still run into That One Boss that just gets you. Or you lose to the final boss anyway. Or you just don't get offered very good buckets!

I'll link this incredible resource one more time as well (specifically for @Mace1370 but also anyone else who is still chugging along with Dungeon Run): https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/7qtrt9/noblords_guide_to_dungeon_runs/

Very, very helpful. I would not have gotten clears without this resource.

With regards to Warrior: Try and get a midrange deck with a lategame plan. If you nab Scepter you just draft Fatties for days. Captured Flag is S Tier. Dragon buckets are super fucking good. Aim for some amount of early game as well, especially early on (2/3 drops are king). Most (if not all) of the control-y buckets are traps. You basically just want Good Minions you can be curving out with.

Thanks man! I will look at that resource.

Was getting frustrated as my buckets just never seem to line up with my treasures... like at all. I also keep getting buckets with just utter trash too (like a Pirate bucket with 5/4s for 5 that buff you weapon +1 attack).

I was gonna offer your some advice but then I realized I have won literally all my crowns against The Darkness with either stealth or wax rager.
    This was from months ago, but Amaz has a video of a really well played match against the Darkness with a deck that doesn't seem particularly good. It's long, but it's a solid watch and highlights his thinking and playing around certain cards of the Darkness.

• JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Julius wrote: »
    Trying to do warrior now. Such a pain. So many buckets have no synergy with many treasures or contain total trash cards. Have beaten it with Priest, Mage, and Druid so far, but still so far to go -_-.

I've found stealth+raging worgens/frothing berserkers to crank out wins very consistently.

Thanks for the tip. Would you recommend just restarting until I get stealth? It feels like it is rarely offered to me.

Stealth and big minions cost 5 are probably the best starting treasures for Warrior, yeah.

Agree with this. If you're just trying to get that win, then yeah, restarting until you get one of these two for your first treasure is probably the most time efficient option. I tend to just roll with whatever I get and see how far I can take the deck though.

I agree with the bolded, I feel like it's a waste of time to constantly restart just for "that one good treasure" cause you could still end up losing hard to some boss later on. Or the final boss.

I've gotten Captured Flag or Scepter of Summoning runs that I still ended up losing for one reason or another.

Just roll with what you get. You can always get something later on that turns it around. Like honestly there's a good deal of luck and RNG involved in Dungeon Run. Skill is a factor, certainly, but even when making the best lines of plays and drafting the best options, you still run into That One Boss that just gets you. Or you lose to the final boss anyway. Or you just don't get offered very good buckets!

I'll link this incredible resource one more time as well (specifically for @Mace1370 but also anyone else who is still chugging along with Dungeon Run): https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/7qtrt9/noblords_guide_to_dungeon_runs/

Very, very helpful. I would not have gotten clears without this resource.

With regards to Warrior: Try and get a midrange deck with a lategame plan. If you nab Scepter you just draft Fatties for days. Captured Flag is S Tier. Dragon buckets are super fucking good. Aim for some amount of early game as well, especially early on (2/3 drops are king). Most (if not all) of the control-y buckets are traps. You basically just want Good Minions you can be curving out with.

Thanks man! I will look at that resource.

Was getting frustrated as my buckets just never seem to line up with my treasures... like at all. I also keep getting buckets with just utter trash too (like a Pirate bucket with 5/4s for 5 that buff you weapon +1 attack).

I was gonna offer your some advice but then I realized I have won literally all my crowns against The Darkness with either stealth or wax rager.
    This was from months ago, but Amaz has a video of a really well played match against the Darkness with a deck that doesn't seem particularly good. It's long, but it's a solid watch and highlights his thinking and playing around certain cards of the Darkness.

This is one of those cases where you don't realize you've been hella lucky until seeing how hard other people have it. I sort of understood on an intellectual level that the Darkness was hard, but I just always had the cards that were good against the darkness.

like, in my experience the Darkness is the boss who just mills his own deck while you kill his 5/5s.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Ooh, this is interesting. Kibler has been piloting a rather successful version of Rush Warrior in Legend:
    https://hsreplay.net/decks/AMoF2Vx3lrj7sH2jbii0uh/
    AAECAYwWBtIC8gXCzgKf0wLN7wKb8AIMHJADjgWRBooH68ICzM0CuuwChe0CnfACl/MC0fUCAA==

I think Rush Warrior has a lot of potential, I just think it needs a bit more refinement. Cool to see streamers experimenting with it.

Man, I want to play this deck... but I need Darius and Countess. Do I really want to buy more packs? Not really... but I have money. So whatever, take the wheel Blizzard. Pack 2 of 15:

7dl4u2x6uhvv.png

Oh. Oh, thanks Blizz.

Edit - Bonus! Pack #7:
    wkfpj0n3d7cm.png

KoopahTroopah on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I wish I could double Awesome that.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    bwanie wrote: »
    Isnt anduin still played as an aoe sw:death in some decks?
    The Velen/Maly Mind Blast OTK priests can also play Anduin to help chip the opponent down to 20 health.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ooh, this is interesting. Kibler has been piloting a rather successful version of Rush Warrior in Legend:

I think Rush Warrior has a lot of potential, I just think it needs a bit more refinement. Cool to see streamers experimenting with it.

Man, I want to play this deck... but I need Darius and Countess. Do I really want to buy more packs? Not really... but I have money. So whatever, take the wheel Blizzard. Pack 2 of 15:

7dl4u2x6uhvv.png

Oh. Oh, thanks Blizz.

Edit - Bonus! Pack #7:
    wkfpj0n3d7cm.png

I made most of that deck without Countess and Criers. I see how you need them since I find myself wishing I had a Rush minion in hand to answer my opponent. Let me know how you do with the full deck.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    First game, lost to an even paladin by 2 life. So far so good.

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    So not as big of a deal with how much some of you play but this is the first one of these I've gotten.

WhAWQu3.png

Final Boss was an Odd Paladin.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Man, I just realized I've... only crafted one Legendary so far: Godfrey.

I got lucky and got both Baku and Greymane in packs. I got Shaw in a pack. I got Lady in White in a pack. I got Glinda in a pack.

But otherwise there's not really any "MUST CRAFT THIS" Legendaries? Even for ones that are apparently good, like Glass Knight or Lady in White (or Chameleos? Is that even good?)... There's alternative versions of those decks that don't run them. You don't need to craft them, if you don't want to. I mean, Darius for Rush Warrior, sure. But I'm not super convinced it's a deck worth playing? Hm.

(Liam for Secrets Paladin, too, but I got that as my free Legendary)

That's kinda interesting, at least for me. I got lucky and got all the ones I needed anyway. And otherwise the remaining Legendaries are either not good, or you can run a version of the deck without them.

Hm. Hm.

(I'm still shocked that Glass Knight is apparently good, what the hell.)

((But you don't even need to run him anyway SO???))

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited April 2018
    I'm always surprised at the wins shown in here when you guys post them. I don't have a single golden hero, I think my closest is like 425ish...
    My closest is like 210ish...

Edit: In related "everyone else plays this game much more than I do" news, my highest level hero is 47.

forty on
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I just wish I opened packs like that. :(

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Ok in the quest rogue matchup dire fury is pretty good.

Opponent had q active with 2 minions on board t5. Still won.

Yh6tI4T.jpg

Don't worry, Blizz is just making up for my lackluster Leggo pulls during expansion day.
    Betsuni wrote: »

7dl4u2x6uhvv.png

Oh. Oh, thanks Blizz.

Edit - Bonus! Pack #7:
    wkfpj0n3d7cm.png

I made most of that deck without Countess and Criers. I see how you need them since I find myself wishing I had a Rush minion in hand to answer my opponent. Let me know how you do with the full deck.

I went 2/2 against Paladins, destroyed a Spiteful Druid, and felt utterly helpless against a Dragon Priest. It seems like an okay deck if you're fighting against Paladins all the time, and Spiteful should be a knockout by turn 6 or 7 with the right draws. Against Priest or Warlock you're probably dead in the water. I'm thinking about subbing Countess with Azalina. Countess pulls 2 cards at most, and I think they're always cards I never want to play passed turn 7. At least if I Azalina I can could possibly get my opponents win conditions.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20762238128
    Recently, our players have had feedback regarding the Shaman card, Shudderwock. We understand that the length of its Battlecry animation and other animations spawned from its Battlecry can be frustrating.

In a future update, we will be doubling the animation speed of Shudderwock’s Battlecry so it will lessen the impact on the overall pacing of your current Hearthstone match. In addition, the amount of Battlecries Shudderwock can reproduce will be capped at 20.

We will also be speeding up the animation of Lifedrinker for similar reasons.
    Thank you for your feedback, and we’ll see you in the Tavern.

Cheers!

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    That's a good compromise now that it's clear wock isn't open. Not sure if you can still troll with playing 10 a turn or something but it's ended up being much less of a problem then I was worried at first.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I think the 20 cap makes the OTK-style Shudderwock too rare to go for, making it just a value tool.

Unless I don't quite understand how Shudderwock accumulates battlecries, post-patch after the second or third time Shudderwock triggers you're no longer guaranteed to see Grumble and Saronite Chain Gang each cast. Then again, that might not matter because even if you don't go infinite you've probably got 3-4 Shudderwocks in hand...

Dehumanized on
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Shudderwock battlecry doesn't add them to the pool again it just repeats everything that's in it. It shouldn't impact OTK potential at all.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Yeah the OTK is unaffected, it only requires 4/5 battlecries to work. This only matters if you grumble/zola out more battlecries and your deck is stacked

Recently, our players have had feedback regarding the Shaman card, Shudderwock. We understand that the length of its Battlecry animation and other animations spawned from its Battlecry can be frustrating.

In a future update, we will be doubling the animation speed of Shudderwock’s Battlecry so it will lessen the impact on the overall pacing of your current Hearthstone match. In addition, the amount of Battlecries Shudderwock can reproduce will be capped at 20.

Cheers!

SIGH

THAT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER TOO MUCH

I MEAN THE SHORTER ANIMATIONS IS NICE BUT THAT JUST MEANS YOUR OPPONENT CAN BE DEGENERATE EVEN FASTER NOW

OKAY I GUESS........................

DNiDlnb.png
    edited April 2018

Cheers!

SIGH

I MEAN THE SHORTER ANIMATIONS IS NICE BUT THAT JUST MEANS YOUR OPPONENT CAN BE DEGENERATE EVEN FASTER NOW

Caps for Cruise Control?

Shudder is still a <40% WR deck so who cares?

KoopahTroopah on
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Nothing on cubelock domination. Guess we're stuck with it until next year.

Quest Rogue is a significantly more powerful combo deck atm than Shudder.

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Eh. Still need Spiteful or Cubelock nerfed.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Re: Duelyst

It's in that awkward spot a game that's been out, but isn't the biggest in its field, sometimes gets in. It's got a sustainable population and it keeps the lights on at the studio, but you don't see a lot of discourse about it outside of dedicated Duelyst channels.

liEt3nH.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it means you'll potentially have to use fewer battlecry cards to avoid clogging your shudderwocks up, but grumble/2x wasp thing/2x saronite chain gang/2x murmuring elemental is still only 7 battlecries

on the other hand I haven't run into that many of them on ladder so maybe just fixing the animation to be less obnoxious is enough to make the combo okay

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    We were going over numbers earlier?

Druid: 1,010
    Warlock: 576
    Priest: 432
    Warrior: 272
    Mage: 254
    Rogue: 233
    Shammy: 167
    Pali: 159
    Hunter: 71

yeah I like bears
    wrar!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

What if ... the card Spiteful Summoner pulls from the deck is consumed instead of put back when creating a minion of the same mana cost?

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    emnmnme wrote: »

What if ... the card Spiteful Summoner pulls from the deck is consumed instead of put back when creating a minion of the same mana cost?

It's still the massive tempo that's the problem not that they have a mind control still available. I suppose it would reduce the problem if you only have the one spell in the deck and druids might not want to lose UI, but it wouldn't stop priests at all

Phyphor on
    First VS Report of the xpac is this Thursday I think. I'm actually quite interested to see how Quest Rogue winrates and population change between low and high skill portions of the ladder.

I'm surprised that QR vs Cube is only a 56.3% matchup, every other controlish matchup is over 75%. That might very well just be lower level players playing suboptimally and dragging down overall winrates though.

Current Live Report:
    xZ3EVEq.png?1

• morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    The problem with Spiteful is the same as with Bonemare. Just way, way, way too much stats for the pricetag.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
    Phyphor wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

It's still the massive tempo that's the problem not that they have a mind control still available. I suppose it would reduce the problem if you only have the one spell in the deck and druids might not want to lose UI, but it wouldn't stop priests at all

Yeah it's pretty rare that I'm like "Well I dealt with this 6 mana 10 mana card easily, but oh no! A mind control! The match is swung out of my favour!"

The Spiteful either wins the game on the spot, or consumes enough of the opponent's resources that they're at a severe disadvantage against every other card you play from that point on

liEt3nH.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I nearly beat turn 6 turn 7 double spiteful with mirror double Volcanos into double healing rain (while they UI'd) but right when I thought I had stabilized and could deal with their board next turn crypt lord fungalmancer came out to put an end to that dream.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Don't worry, Blizz is just making up for my lackluster Leggo pulls during expansion day.
    Betsuni wrote: »

7dl4u2x6uhvv.png

Oh. Oh, thanks Blizz.

Edit - Bonus! Pack #7:
    wkfpj0n3d7cm.png

I went 2/2 against Paladins, destroyed a Spiteful Druid, and felt utterly helpless against a Dragon Priest. It seems like an okay deck if you're fighting against Paladins all the time, and Spiteful should be a knockout by turn 6 or 7 with the right draws. Against Priest or Warlock you're probably dead in the water. I'm thinking about subbing Countess with Azalina. Countess pulls 2 cards at most, and I think they're always cards I never want to play passed turn 7. At least if I Azalina I can could possibly get my opponents win conditions.

Hmm, that is interesting about Countess. I figured you would want the draws, but guess not at that point. I subbed in Grom instead of Countess and the 0 cost 1 damage/+attack cards for the Criers. Which led me to the assumption that the Criers and Countess are necessary. Thanks for the report on your deck.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    I just realized, even though this has been in since Classic (well, I guess technically Naxx), but a deathrattle whirlwind from Blood Razor (or Death's Bite) + Grom + Crazed Alch is 16 damage.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    it certainly is, dear

liEt3nH.png

Cheers!

SIGH

Caps for Cruise Control?

Shudder is still a <40% WR deck so who cares?

So was Quest Mage, didn't stop people from playing it :P

I mean I just don't think decks like that should exist, regardless of winrate. It's very degenerate and non-interactive.

I just want to see Shudderwock nuked at this point but meh.

DNiDlnb.png
    it certainly is, dear

If we were in a doomsayer meta that'd certainly be worth considering in the rush tempo lists that people are trying.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Of course it would, dear

liEt3nH.png