As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Are y'all playing on private servers ? I'm having a bunch of fun with FORTNITE's PVE campaign, but I can easily see myself coming back to CONAN when it launches.

I'm currently on a private server on PC, but my plan is to switch to PS4 when the game goes live.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    So, anyone else keep loosing their stuff if not placed on foundations?
    So far i've lost a crafting station for the furniture (no biggie, no mats lost), and a Wheel of Pain, which hurts, because it'll take a while to get the materials for that again.

Yep, I've lost a shrine of Mitra twice now. Not a huge deal for me since I can just spawn in a replacement, but it's a bit obnoxious.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    I lost a bunch of stuff that was on foundation. Well, I guess technically it was on floor/ceiling tiles.

I lost like 80% of the stuff on the 2nd floor of my workshop. I had two firebowl cauldrons. Gone. The two alchemists who were assigned to them. Gone. My large chest with all my alchemy supplies. Gone. My large chest containing an absolute crapload of fiber. Gone. My grinder, my fluid press, my 3 drying racks. Gone. I lost a ton of stuff from the 2nd floor of my workshop.

The only thing that didn't despawn were my dancers I had up there.

Speaking of dancers, how do they all still dance like a bunch of seizure victims when there are real actual dance animations in the game now? I even caught a new dancer type, or rather I should say she's a dancer wearing a new outfit, and before I caught her she was doing a new dance animation called a "Snake Dance," which is an emote I learned. But after breaking her on the wheel and setting her up in my base, instead of doing the Snake Dance, now she just flails about like everyone else. I was annoyed.

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    It's a pretty bad sign that they have these kind of bugs still in only couple weeks before the "launch" date.
    Let's hope they manage to fix them.

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So I just bought this game a few days ago and am totally hooked. Basically lost my whole weekend to it. Only playing Single Player though. The multiplayer games sound really good and fun, but I don't have the free time to dedicate to a pvp focused game where I'm going to lose all my stuff regularly and have to start over.

I built a base under the collapsed bridge and built up a lot of stuff there. Eventually built a complicated set of pillars and stairs around one of the bridge's struts so that my little base extends up to the top. But then I realized how far away I was from any reliable source of iron.

So I tore down all of my placement pieces and rebuilt a new base further northeast. On the north side of the south river there's a little lake/oasis, and then a path that leads up to the desert area above where there are a bunch of iron spots. I built my base on an hill overlooking the oasis. It's a quick jaunt up the hill and I'm swimming in Iron. I Built three main buildings to contain my stuff, and then a pyramid, upon which I built my pit of Yog.

I then learned about the Purge mechanic so I built a wall out of foundations around my new base town. I have it at least 1 block high everywhere, and 2 blocks high for about half of it. But then I got the notifications that I was about to be attacked. But then no one appeared. It's possible when I load up tonight something will happen I guess, but how soon after the purge notification should I expect to see baddies?

I turned on the Purge on Sunday on my server. Filled the bar a little bit but not to the breaking point. Finished it up last night. I was online with a buddy, and we pushed the gauge all the way to maxed out, but a Purge never triggered while we were online. So I don't really have any experience with it yet.

On a different subject - world bosses have WAY too much health. I found a boss croc way down south by the beginning oasis right by the southern river. I'm level 60 and have pretty strong gear, and it still took me like 10 minutes of repetitive hacking and dodging to kill that thing.

I lost another shrine of Mitra last night. I like to think that if I could no-clip through the ground I'd find a pile of shrines under that spot...

Also, is it just me or is collision on rocks awful now? Trying to collect stone feels like such a chore sometimes when I'm swinging away at it and clearly hitting it but just get a whiff sound instead until I move around and stand in just the right spot.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    So last night my friend joined my single player game, and my thrall immediately attacked him. So I made a clan and he joined it and now the thrall is attacking both of us.

I knocked her out but couldn't use my rope to drag her back to the wheel'o'fun, as the 'interact' button would just bring up her inventory.

I guess I have to just kill her and harvest the meat?

So last night my friend joined my single player game, and my thrall immediately attacked him. So I made a clan and he joined it and now the thrall is attacking both of us.

I knocked her out but couldn't use my rope to drag her back to the wheel'o'fun, as the 'interact' button would just bring up her inventory.

I guess I have to just kill her and harvest the meat?

Man, if I could deal with unruly employees that way at work, my job would get so much more interesting...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    2nd night in a row last night of completely filling my Purge meter and never spawning a Purge. I'm starting to think it doesn't exist. It's just a cosmetic meter to fill because people like filling meters.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    2nd night in a row last night of completely filling my Purge meter and never spawning a Purge. I'm starting to think it doesn't exist. It's just a cosmetic meter to fill because people like filling meters.

Are you in a clan? I think you have to be in a clan for it to affect you

JtgVX0H.png
    Darmak wrote: »

Are you in a clan? I think you have to be in a clan for it to affect you

Yes, I am.

Do you have leftover bases elsewhere? It's possible they hit your abandoned base instead?

Also, this new hype video made me realize how much of the game I still have yet to explore:

https://youtu.be/fevGjwspQCY

Having 0 experience with the Purge system, other than building a meter, I have no idea what the expected behavior is. Does a warning pop up to players in the clan when their clan triggers a Purge? Do they mark the map with an icon showing the location of the Purge? Do you get any sort of count down or advanced warning to allow you to traverse to wherever is getting hit?

I play on a private server. I have two "main bases" right now, one in the desert and one in the highlands. Obviously I'd prefer to have the Purges target those, but it is definitely possible that I had a Purge trigger a smaller lumber camp or fish camp, or one of my other single-structure locations scattered about the map.

Of course, I also do not believe I ever actually triggered a Purge. My meter stayed at 100%. It was 100% when I logged out.

So I had a purge happen once in single player.

I got a notification that I was about to be attacked in 5minutes (it's right in the middle of the screen, can't miss it). And then a second notification 5minutes later that the attack was about to happen.

However in my game, the attack never appeared. I'm guessing they appeared at my old base or something? Or perhaps it's just bugged. I've also heard the purge doesn't attack near the south river, so maybe I'm too close there?

They just dropped a big update to their Testlive (PTR) server. Has some pretty significant changes and fixes to the purge. Hopefully the patch makes it out to standard servers very soon.

• BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    So i have been running around just trying to map all locations. Forgot how easy it is to get overwhelmed when your not level 60 anymore. Dies a bunch of times.

Note on new patch coming. If you haven't heard, sandstone ceiling are being fixed. But all things currently sitting on them will go poof when it is pushed to live. So clear out any items sitting on sandstone ceilings. Looks like this includes thralls also.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
    Yeah there's a lot of much needed fixes in this PTR patch. I really hope they push it by the end of this week.

I already lost all my stuff (except my dancers) from the 2nd floor of my workshop, as I already mentioned. I think that must be a result of the decay bug that they are fixing with this floor tile thing.

Also, though, one of the big bug fixes is that human corpses will once again be harvestable. That means all the religions will be functional again. It's been a rough week not being able to craft ambrosia because I can't get the Hallowed Essence off of bodies.

What's with yous guyses having like the same avatar?

I lost another singleplayer save to the physics bug where clothing/hair/etc stops having any movement and can't be fixed. That's the second one I've lost. I think I'm done with this game until that specific issue is mentioned as being fixed in a patch. :(

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Given the closeness to the launch date, I'm tempted to put aside my game and wait until launch official. Although I only play SP and it's possible this won't affect me at all?

What's with yous guyses having like the same avatar?

Just a coincidence.

• FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    They're in a gang

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Still same server as in the OP? I was hoping to get in on a PVE server when my junk can dangle freely in the warm desert breeze without fear of some other player hitting it with a stick. Ok with fending off gator attacks though.

I do not believe any of the PA community servers are currently running.

I'd say probably check back in another week when the game is live (on May 8).

I think we have all gone to private servers (I run my own) or just play single player. I honestly got tired of loosing everything I built when servers shut down.

I don't mind if anyone else wants to use mine. It is a dedicated, straight vanilla settings, non-modded ,PVE , full nudity server. If interested, just shoot me a message for the password. It is located in the Seattle area, so not sure what kind of lag you will get. I don't have any costs associated with it, so I can leave it running for as long as I want.

I might take you up on that. So I'm playing Frostpunk and Battletech at the moment but my mind keeps wandering back to Conan.

I think when May 8 rolls around and I start my new game I'm going to try to survive in the frozen north.

How have you guys traditionally reached there? Do you build up multiple bases along the way or just beeline there and find a spot?

So getting to the north is difficult. If you try to make a beeline for it there, you will probably die. A lot.

A natural progression way to get there will be to build a desert base to the T2/Iron phase. Then you ought to be able to carefully move north.

Or, you can just have your game glitch out on you like mine did this one time, and have it deposit you randomly in the north when you spawn in, and you start the game at level 1 up there because of somethin' funky.

I made it to like level 13 on that run before I died for the first time. It's very difficult to do, because you can't kill anything except rabbits pretty much. Getting hide becomes a serious challenge.

Right now in my SP game I'm in the desert, fairly close to the first iron spawns.

What do you guys do with your old bases when you change locations? Just abandon it entirely? Or do you make a few trips back and forth to bring the essentials?

I make enough back and forth trips from the north to the desert that I wouldn't say my "main" desert base is abandoned. It still sees a lot of use.

Now some of my other bases, like my starter river base, those are definitely abandoned and haven't been visited in months.

But I mean, the definition of "base" is also a bit loose. My buddy and I have a location that we call "fishbase" that is literally just 1 structure near some water and a bunch of fish traps.

We also have a lumber camp near a heavily wooded area in the northland, and that is a very active base. We probably spend more time at the lumber camp than we do in our main highlands base, because since everything in the north requires shaped wood and resin, we have to generate tons of that stuff.

I'm getting kinda concerned about launch. We're 1 week away now... and there are so many bugs that were introduced in their big update.

I don't think anyone at all understands how the Purge works. I've read online in lots of different places people struggling to even get them to trigger. I myself have never seen one, and I cranked my server settings to be extremely generous with purges and they still won't go off.

On top of that, fish traps still seem broken, hit detection is all over the place in the new combat and sometimes just doesn't work. Archery is a fucking joke now and might as well not even exist. Explosives don't seem to hurt world bosses. Speaking of world bosses, their health was buffed so high that they're basically unkillable on singleplayer games and by solo players, without first cranking up the player damage ratio, which then breaks the rest of the game.

I'm legitimately curious... how many people do they intend to come together to take them down? And since they nerfed the key drop rate, that's only a 50% chance that somebody is gonna get loot. And everybody else is guaranteed to go home empty handed.

It just seems like in their rush to get the game out on May 8, they installed a half baked patch that needs way more time even in the brainstorming and planning phase. Their Purge implementation doesn't make any sense and it doesn't work. I'm still gonna get it and play the hell out of it. But I have my doubts about the game being "good" at launch. It's gonna be "okay" at launch.

• MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    It's issues like these that have kept me from throwing in on this, despite my deep and abiding love for all things Conan.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Are objects placed on the ground still disappearing, and are thralls placed on floors/ceilings still going poof?
    Because until those two are fixed, i can't really call this game launch ready.

Nyysjan on
    On top of that, fish traps still seem broken

What's wrong with fish traps?
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    Are objects placed on the ground still disappearing, and are thralls placed on floors/ceilings still going poof?
    Because until those two are fixed, i can't really call this game launch ready.

I haven't played since the physics broke [again] in my singleplayer game last week, but I thought I read those were fixed in the last patch. At least the floor/ceiling one, anyway.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

They aren't replenishing. I haven't had any fish in my traps in a week.

I've had to go back to... (gasp!)... hunting. Like a barbarian or something.

They aren't replenishing. I haven't had any fish in my traps in a week.

I've had to go back to... (gasp!)... hunting. Like a barbarian or something.

Well that's annoying. They break that in the last patch? Mine were working fine last week.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    I dunno. I've also read that there's a difference between bugs in singleplayer and online. I don't understand why or how that is. But that's what I've been reading on reddit and stuff. People are experiencing bugs on Live servers that aren't exhibiting in singleplayer, and vice versa. It doesn't make any sense. So if you're playing in singleplayer and your fish traps are working, maybe that's an online only bug. I'm on a private server, but still online.

Yeah, I have a singleplayer game going and a game on a private server. It's weird the things that are broken in one version and not the other. Like the physics - this is a SP-only bug that just "happens" eventually to a save file for reasons no one has yet discerned. Never happens online. :rotate:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    I can understand why bugs exist in one game and not the other.

In SP I believe the game loads in 'chunks' which is why if someone joins you co-op they rubber band to your location, because the game literally doesn't exist outside of a sphere of the single player host.

Whereas on a server, the whole game is running at once, and I believe everything is individually tracked. So if there are bugs with that tracking, it might not appear in SP because things get 'refreshed' when you reload an area.

For example. You can mine all the Iron just north of the newbie river by those cannibal camps. But if you run to the collapsed bridge, by the time you get back to the iron area it will all have respawned. So will all of the rocks and trees and creatures you've mined/cutdown/cutdown.

edited May 2018
    I can understand why bugs exist in one game and not the other.

In SP I believe the game loads in 'chunks' which is why if someone joins you co-op they rubber band to your location, because the game literally doesn't exist outside of a sphere of the single player host.

Whereas on a server, the whole game is running at once, and I believe everything is individually tracked. So if there are bugs with that tracking, it might not appear in SP because things get 'refreshed' when you reload an area.

For example. You can mine all the Iron just north of the newbie river by those cannibal camps. But if you run to the collapsed bridge, by the time you get back to the iron area it will all have respawned. So will all of the rocks and trees and creatures you've mined/cutdown/cutdown.

No, things respawn in singleplayer based on the respawn timer you set in the server panel, not based on reloading areas. I've tested this quite a bit and it holds up for resources and for creatures. Edit: the example you give works because at the default respawn speed, running from those iron deposits to the bridge and back takes longer than the timer. But change that multiplier enough and you could run there and back twice (or more) with no respawns.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~