As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Dragonwock actually seems to totally destroy Cubelock if you have the Harrison for Skull. They had some bad draw order re: Gul'dan, but I also had one hex six from the bottom and never drew the other.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/Z6Wrjoh6yvQuHvoWg9GHPZ

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20762238128
    Recently, our players have had feedback regarding the Shaman card, Shudderwock. We understand that the length of its Battlecry animation and other animations spawned from its Battlecry can be frustrating.

In a future update, we will be doubling the animation speed of Shudderwock’s Battlecry so it will lessen the impact on the overall pacing of your current Hearthstone match. In addition, the amount of Battlecries Shudderwock can reproduce will be capped at 20.

We will also be speeding up the animation of Lifedrinker for similar reasons.
    Thank you for your feedback, and we’ll see you in the Tavern.

Cheers!

SIGH

THAT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER TOO MUCH

I MEAN THE SHORTER ANIMATIONS IS NICE BUT THAT JUST MEANS YOUR OPPONENT CAN BE DEGENERATE EVEN FASTER NOW

OKAY I GUESS........................

Caps for Cruise Control?

Shudder is still a <40% WR deck so who cares?

So was Quest Mage, didn't stop people from playing it :P

I mean I just don't think decks like that should exist, regardless of winrate. It's very degenerate and non-interactive.

I just want to see Shudderwock nuked at this point but meh.

It's the non-interactive bit that bugs me the most about it. I like the concept (and the art, especially the Golden Shudderwock art) but it just doesn't work for me in a game where there are no interrupts. It's just odd to me that from a design standpoint, they went:

"Y'know, Charge is always a problem for us, because people can just win the game from hand and nobody can do anything about it. Let's start rolling back Charge and make a new mechanic that can't go face: Rush."

and then at the same time,

"And on turn 9 you can play this fella and he'll do a whole pile of bullshit while offering the opponent zero ways to do anything about it!"

Like, I don't like OTK in Hearthstone, so I can get on board with the Rush mechanic, and trying to maybe roll back the Charge minions. But if ensuring that opponents have a way to respond to your plays is the direction they want to take Hearthstone, they should maybe have a Come to Jesus session on what that actually means. And if that's not the direction they want to go, fine, just don't sell me on "bad Charge."

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Of course it would, dear

you mean goat

common mistake

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    First month in a while I've actually put some time in to ranked and in two sessions, with only one loss, I've streaked from 25 to 17. 20 to 17 was all spiteful druid. Hope to actually push for at least rank 10 for the first time in a long time.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Of course it would, dear

you mean goat

common mistake

I'm pretty sure my avatar is actually a ram so it's not like I'm in a position to make that correction

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    EDIT: Never mind

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    So far I'm 16/7 with my Taunt Druid on the American server, and 26/ 9 11 on the European one. I'm really liking the doomsayers!

Edit: just had two unlucky cases where both Hadronox and Oakhart were the final two cards in my deck.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    what happens if I silence my witchwood grizzly? I assume it goes to full stats but I guess my real question is: what if I silence it after it's been hurt?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it gets 'back' the health it lost in the battlecry, and has a new maximum of 12

so like, a grizzly that hit the board with 8 health, took six damage and then got silenced would wind up with 6/12 health

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Tried it yesterday and it acts like eiynp says.

in other news: Half-assedly grinding for legend. Winrate hovering at 60 % but i keep misplaying in the worst kind of ways. Could have been well underway to rank 3 if i didn't lose those three games.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Yilias wrote: »
    Quest Rogue is a significantly more powerful combo deck atm than Shudder.

Sonya Shadowdancer makes this deck really dangerous. Shit if they get double glacial shards and sonya in their first 4 cards you're in for a bad, bad time.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I'm rank 19 so far with my Odd Pally deck. I went like 10/1 last night, only lost to an even pally. Those crystal lions are nasty!

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    The problem with Spiteful is the same as with Bonemare. Just way, way, way too much stats for the pricetag.

It's almost like free stuff is bad and should be a nono zone.

bwanie wrote: »
    Quest Rogue is a significantly more powerful combo deck atm than Shudder.

Sonya Shadowdancer makes this deck really dangerous. Shit if they get double glacial shards and sonya in their first 4 cards you're in for a bad, bad time.

Yeah I played against a Quest Rogue the other day and Sonya had him pulling charge buccaneers out of his asshole. Then Sonya had him pulling 5/5 charge buccaneers out of his asshole.

I friended him afterward and told him I thought that deck was sick as fuck, and we both agreed that the return of Rogues to the meta without silly mana cheat bullshit enabling them to do so is pretty awesome and welcome.

Me, I'm just glad I haven't seen a Kingsbane since rotation.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    The problem with Spiteful is the same as with Bonemare. Just way, way, way too much stats for the pricetag.

Duskfallen Aviana is the meta breaker!

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

Free stuff for your opponent is also bad :)

Free stuff for your opponent is also bad :)

Hey don't judge Charity Druid until you try it.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I 100% agree but this game feels so mechanically shallow I’m not sure what else they’ve got.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

I 100% agree but this game feels so mechanically shallow I’m not sure what else they’ve got.

Next expansion: Summoned Spite. 6-mana 4/4. Battlecry: Reveal a minion from your deck. Cast a random spell with the same cost.

• KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    I would rather play against Cubelock any day than Odd Paladin.

• CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Any chance they'll let us dust Shudderwok for full dust? I've got one sitting here with no chance of ever being used, I'd love to trade it for another legendary.

I tell you what, though, it's fucking delicious to answer a Spiteful Summoner conjuring up Deathwing, with 2 11/11 King Krush's.

Hearthstone Mana Cheat 2: Mana Cheat Harder.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Cyrenic wrote: »
    Any chance they'll let us dust Shudderwok for full dust? I've got one sitting here with no chance of ever being used, I'd love to trade it for another legendary.

KQobDoU.png

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Goddammit I miss Brode already.

Speaking of Brode, there's a Ben Brode deck on Hearthpwn:

AAEBAaIHBPsInhCgsAKdxwINvQP7BNQF+gXdCO0IkxDnEZEXja4Cza8CkrYC5bwCAA==.png

Every card in this deck laughs as you play it.

• morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    New META BREAKER Alert!!!

I just won a game at Rank 4 against a Cubelock with Odd Quest Hunter!!!

It works better than you'd expect because there are actually enough support cards for the deck that it only runs good 1 drops now and still hits it's quest around turn 5-6. Then you've got Hero Power to go over the top while they try to deal with all your Raptors and Shaman spells.

Decklist:

1x The Marsh Queen
    2x Fire Fly
    2x Glacial Shard
    2x Jeweled Macaw
    2x Timber Wolf (maybe these should be Dire Mole or Acherus Veteran?)
    2x Raven Caller
    2x Igneous Elemental
    2x Stitched Tracker
    2x Blackenwald Pixie
    2x Eaglehorn Bow
    2x Witches Cauldron
    2x Ironbeak Owl
    1x Gluttunous Ooze
    1x Harrison Jones
    2x Tol'Vir Warden
    2x Tundra Rhino
    1x Baku, the Mooneater

Fungalmancer and that mech that doubles your hero power, and Kill Command are also options if you wanted more lategame power, but really, you just want to avoid that whole "lategame" phase, and just go face with raptors.

Honestly the best thing about the quest is getting the 5 mana 8/8.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    I put Mindbreaker in my DragonWock deck. I love Mindbreaker in this meta.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular

It works better than you'd expect because there are actually enough support cards for the deck that it only runs good 1 drops now and still hits it's quest around turn 5-6. Then you've got Hero Power to go over the top while they try to deal with all your Raptors and Shaman spells.

Decklist:

1x The Marsh Queen
    2x Fire Fly
    2x Glacial Shard
    2x Jeweled Macaw
    2x Raven Caller
    2x Igneous Elemental
    2x Stitched Tracker
    2x Blackenwald Pixie
    2x Eaglehorn Bow
    2x Witches Cauldron
    2x Ironbeak Owl
    1x Gluttunous Ooze
    1x Harrison Jones
    2x Tol'Vir Warden
    2x Tundra Rhino
    1x Baku, the Mooneater

Fungalmancer and that mech that doubles your hero power, and Kill Command are also options if you wanted more lategame power, but really, you just want to avoid that whole "lategame" phase, and just go face with raptors.

Deck code?

envoy1 wrote: »

Decklist:

1x The Marsh Queen
    2x Fire Fly
    2x Glacial Shard
    2x Jeweled Macaw
    2x Raven Caller
    2x Igneous Elemental
    2x Stitched Tracker
    2x Blackenwald Pixie
    2x Eaglehorn Bow
    2x Witches Cauldron
    2x Ironbeak Owl
    1x Gluttunous Ooze
    1x Harrison Jones
    2x Tol'Vir Warden
    2x Tundra Rhino
    1x Baku, the Mooneater

Deck code?

What's a deck code?

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018

Decklist:

1x The Marsh Queen
    2x Fire Fly
    2x Glacial Shard
    2x Jeweled Macaw
    2x Raven Caller
    2x Igneous Elemental
    2x Stitched Tracker
    2x Blackenwald Pixie
    2x Eaglehorn Bow
    2x Witches Cauldron
    2x Ironbeak Owl
    1x Gluttunous Ooze
    1x Harrison Jones
    2x Tol'Vir Warden
    2x Tundra Rhino
    1x Baku, the Mooneater

Deck code?

What's a deck code?

Hearthstone has a mode where you can share your deck list without having to type it all out (and for others to copy it into theirs).

Edit: Found some instructions: https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Deck_Importing

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

Decklist:

1x The Marsh Queen
    2x Fire Fly
    2x Glacial Shard
    2x Jeweled Macaw
    2x Raven Caller
    2x Igneous Elemental
    2x Stitched Tracker
    2x Blackenwald Pixie
    2x Eaglehorn Bow
    2x Witches Cauldron
    2x Ironbeak Owl
    1x Gluttunous Ooze
    1x Harrison Jones
    2x Tol'Vir Warden
    2x Tundra Rhino
    1x Baku, the Mooneater

Deck code?

What's a deck code?

not much, what's a deck code with you?

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    So I get that Spiteful seems to be a sensitive topic around here but I often still get steamrolled while playing it and I'm not convinced yet with how broken it is. I know people were also saying UI was completely broken when it came out and though it's strong, it doesn't seem to be busted.

I know Kibler talked on his stream last night that cards can be the best cards in a rotation without being inherently broken (he was talking about Call to Arms). For Spiteful you have to forgo your swipes/nourish/spellstone as removal and just shove dudes down on the floor.

And I'm not saying the card ISN'T broken, I'm just saying I'm not convinced yet that it is. It's definitely a lot of stats for 6 mana, but it's also a condition that you have to meet.

I'm not exaggerating that the last six games I played of Spiteful Druid, I didn't pull off a single Spiteful play. Either I pulled my UI's early or just never saw either Summoner somehow, I had to rely on just hitting the board and turning dudes sideways to swing in for damage. And I still won games that way though I did miss having removal spells along the way. Giving up something to gain something is a good design space, same reason why the Even and Odd decks are good.

But it's still possible that it DOES give too much. I know most are saying "DEFINITELY" but I don't know. A proposed change I could see made is the following;

"Reveal a spell from your deck. Recruit a minion of equal or lesser value"

So now you have to RUN those big threats while ALSO not drawing them. So throwing Lich King in might seem awesome as your one big threat but if you draw him, you're next biggest threat is what? And you might not even get him as an option of the 3 to choose.

Just brainstorming ideas without gutting the idea entirely as I enjoy build around cards/ideas.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Cyrenic wrote: »

KQobDoU.png

The worst part is that he's laughing because he doesn't have to deal with whatever crap he was dealing with.

:(

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    Dragonwock actually seems to totally destroy Cubelock if you have the Harrison for Skull. They had some bad draw order re: Gul'dan, but I also had one hex six from the bottom and never drew the other.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/Z6Wrjoh6yvQuHvoWg9GHPZ

I built this last night and took it for a spin.

Against a Secret Mage and their weapon was so delicious.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Went 7:1 today with control priest (mind blast, no velen). It wrecks both cube lock and odd pally.

Although my one loss was against bakudin because I didn't draw any aoe despite a full mulligan and had to pass until turn 4 twilight drake.

### Dragons of the Swamp
    # Class: Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 2x (1) Fire Fly
    # 2x (1) Glacial Shard
    # 2x (1) Jeweled Macaw
    # 1x (1) The Marsh Queen
    # 2x (1) Timber Wolf
    # 2x (3) Blackwald Pixie
    # 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
    # 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
    # 2x (3) Igneous Elemental
    # 2x (3) Ironbeak Owl
    # 2x (3) Ravencaller
    # 2x (3) Stitched Tracker
    # 2x (3) Witch's Cauldron
    # 1x (5) Harrison Jones
    # 2x (5) Tol'vir Warden
    # 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
    # 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
    #
    AAECAR8EkAeYwwLTxQKe+AINogLeBLsF/gyXwQLrwgKJwwKKwwLGxwLTzQLF7ALl7wLu9wIA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Oh, that was easy. Deck Code. Boom.

Your deck sharing virginity isn't really over until someone bitches about losing with it.

This week's brawl appears to be the latest Blizz deck recipes.

Thawmus wrote: »
    This week's brawl appears to be the latest Blizz deck recipes.

Priest is a Baku deck.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    what is this "brawl win gets you a cardback instead of a pack" garbajj