As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Clash Royale] Join the clan, we need your crowns!

167891012»

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I gotta admit

after 5 or 6 rounds with shit hands, I'm even less of a touchdown fan. and I was already pretty 'meh' on it.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    This is not Clash Royale related so I'll spoiler it, but it is in a similar vein, especially if you like Hearthstone, Clash Royale, or Duelist.
    Hero Academy 2 is releasing soon. It combines deck building and card creation ala Hearthstone with a battlefield aspect. Not 100%
    sold on it yet, but might be a fun alternative to HS if you've got some fatigue. I made a thread here.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    New content Clan Wars has dropped.

We need you.

For the war.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    what's the clan name? My kids left me for another clan so I'm high and dry

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    https://clashroyale.com/blog/news/what-is-clan-wars
    Find an active Clan! You need a minimum of 10 Clan members to participate in Clan Wars
    Try visiting reddit, Discord or the in-game recommendations to help pick the perfect Clan for YOU!
    All participants need to be King Level 8
    Only Clan Leaders or Co-leaders can start a war
    Once your Clan has started a war, go to the Social tab and you'll see the map below...
    cw_battle2.jpg?mtime=20180423012700

Day 1: Collection Day

Battle with your own cards to earn Clan Cards. Clan Cards are used to build your War Deck for War Day!

- You get 3 battles on Collection Day
    - The goal is to collect as many Clan Cards as possible
    - On the map you'll find various game modes that change after they've been played
    - Battling on any of the game modes earns Clan Cards, but wins earn the most
    - The higher your Arena, the more Clan Cards you can earn
    - Build different decks to suit the different game modes
    - When Collection Day ends, War Day begins...

Day 2: War Day

Battle with the Clan Cards for all the glory! The Clan with the most War Day victories wins the war!

- You get 1 battle on War Day
    - Your only goal is to win this battle
    - Everyone in your Clan battles with the same Clan Cards on War Day
    - Build a War Deck with the Clan Cards and share it to your Clan, or copy a deck from your Clan's best deck builder!
    - Note: Clan Card levels cannot be higher than your own card levels. Upgrade your own cards to use higher level Clan Cards
    - Test your War Deck in a Friendly Battle before your Final Battle
    - Make sure to cheer on your Clanmates when they play their Final Battle
    - When War Day ends, your Clan will gain Clan Trophies... and then you can start your next war!

Right now our problem is going to be that we need 10 people to participate in Collection Day in order to get to the War Day.

But honestly, this is a good game mode. No excessive grinding: literally just 4 battles total across 2 days. Lots of different battles. Interesting mechanic forcing players to create decks using a limited card pool.

ObiFett on
    Xaquin wrote: »

Penny Arcade

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

ObiFett wrote: »
    https://clashroyale.com/blog/news/what-is-clan-wars
    Find an active Clan! You need a minimum of 10 Clan members to participate in Clan Wars
    Try visiting reddit, Discord or the in-game recommendations to help pick the perfect Clan for YOU!
    All participants need to be King Level 8
    Only Clan Leaders or Co-leaders can start a war
    Once your Clan has started a war, go to the Social tab and you'll see the map below...
    cw_battle2.jpg?mtime=20180423012700

Day 1: Collection Day

Battle with your own cards to earn Clan Cards. Clan Cards are used to build your War Deck for War Day!

- You get 3 battles on Collection Day
    - The goal is to collect as many Clan Cards as possible
    - On the map you'll find various game modes that change after they've been played
    - Battling on any of the game modes earns Clan Cards, but wins earn the most
    - The higher your Arena, the more Clan Cards you can earn
    - Build different decks to suit the different game modes
    - When Collection Day ends, War Day begins...

Day 2: War Day

Battle with the Clan Cards for all the glory! The Clan with the most War Day victories wins the war!

- You get 1 battle on War Day
    - Your only goal is to win this battle
    - Everyone in your Clan battles with the same Clan Cards on War Day
    - Build a War Deck with the Clan Cards and share it to your Clan, or copy a deck from your Clan's best deck builder!
    - Note: Clan Card levels cannot be higher than your own card levels. Upgrade your own cards to use higher level Clan Cards
    - Test your War Deck in a Friendly Battle before your Final Battle
    - Make sure to cheer on your Clanmates when they play their Final Battle
    - When War Day ends, your Clan will gain Clan Trophies... and then you can start your next war!

Right now our problem is going to be that we need 10 people to participate in Collection Day in order to get to the War Day.

But honestly, this is a good game mode. No excessive grinding: literally just 4 battles total across 2 days. Lots of different battles. Interesting mechanic forcing players to create decks using a limited card pool.

Yeah, this is looking like a pretty clever game mode. Short and sweet, requires co-ordination, love building from limited card pools. Looking forward to some 2v2 with the rest of the clan next war.

edited April 2018

Penny Arcade

requested

Edit: thanks!

Xaquin on
    Lovely war. We have reached the war minimum, if any dormant clan members wants to fire back in and get us some more cards unlocked that would be totes appreciated.

Good job on #2 guys.

Our card RNG is already looking better for this new war.

@MNC Dover You should check out the new clan war feature. This is good times.

No worry about grinding out your card levels, lots of variety, max of 4 battles every 2 days. Its pretty nice.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Man, I haven't even thought about CR in over a year. I imagine it's quite different these days. Maybe I'll look into it again.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I hope I did things correctly

I fought in 3 icon battles and won 2 of them. Many of the cards I received were duplicates.

Now I guess I can't fight again until tomorrow?

I really dislike that you can no longer turn off your random partners in 2v2

literally 100% of the people I played with to get the crown chest tonight spammed laughing and crying constantly

So, for the benefit of clan war, I need solid suggestions for Sudden Death and Double Elixir decks.

I used to just be able to play my regular ladder deck in them but there's now a definite meta to the modes that I don't know how to deal with.

The Clan War update has been a total success for me. I'm loving it.

So Double Elixir I'm playing a Miner/Control/Rush deck pretty successfully. I'm leaving sudden death well alone.

I have not been playing well of late =p

that said, I did win the war battle this time! barely!

• Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    So Double Elixir I'm playing a Miner/Control/Rush deck pretty successfully. I'm leaving sudden death well alone.

Shared my fairly successful sudden death deck.

Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith

I have yet to work out what war is good for but I have worked out that we are good at war.

I have yet to work out what war is good for but I have worked out that we are good at war.

I completed a quest which got me 40 points towards a legendary kings chest and I think 2,000 gold? aside from that, I have no idea what we're working towards.

edited May 2018

I completed a quest which got me 40 points towards a legendary kings chest and I think 2,000 gold? aside from that, I have no idea what we're working towards.

Each clan war season lasts for a certain amount of time, at then end of which, we get a chest based on our clan's best single war ranking and our current clan war tier. So as long as the clan finishes 1st in any war during a season, we get the best chest for the tier we are in.

The trophies we get (or lose) at the end of a war are what can promote us or demote us in Tiers. Right now we are Bronze tier and the Bronze tier chests are still good, but there is also silver, gold, and master tiers for clans and the rewards in the chests for those tiers are even better.

TLDR: We are trying to at least place in the top half of every war in order to increase tiers to improve the ceiling for our end of season rewards and we are trying to finish first in at least one war each season to maximize our current possible end of season reward.

ObiFett on
    oh cool

I just try to win as much as possible!

when does the season end?

oh cool

I just try to win as much as possible!

when does the season end?

1d 12h

All that information is available if you click on the island when you go to our war screen. You can see our current league tier and what our current season reward will be.

so it is!

thank you!

In short - WAR!

HUUUH!

Good god y'all

Was thinking that maybe we should kick a few inactive accounts given we seem to be having a steady trickle of signups and we are at max capacity?

• litlilly901litlilly901 Registered User new member
    Was thinking that maybe we should kick a few inactive accounts given we seem to be having a steady trickle of signups and we are at max capacity?

can you guys accept me i wanna join your clan?

edited January 29

can you guys accept me i wanna join your clan?

We currently don't have a password to join so you should be able to join without any problem. Tag number is #99GGRJV

Alistair Hutton on