As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [DOODLE] Thread for the Ages. [NSFW]

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    po296xlb5v3c.jpg
    She who is without a care in the world

09756efha7yd.jpg
    Fan Art

oolk9106jga3.jpg

rrxaagt5w88t.jpg

gg55l1fpghbe.jpg

Peas on
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I made a terrible decision and started making custom wedding invites.

de1d4dsiewgi.jpg

vsytqo75dbsu.jpg

They're all gonna be plants from the venue, and I only need about another dozen or so, but yeah. Thinking they'll need ink at least, maybe a bit of color as well.

edited April 2018
    hrsz6946mof5.jpg

Hungry

hjyc7l320jjo.jpg
    Keep the fire burning

8sk5t3dpmd8c.jpg

Look i just really love potatoes okay

ydo533t8eppu.jpg

w5so657cit3c.jpg
    t3ynz90demg3.jpg
    b5e1ksi84u1o.jpg
    jj4bc1c5nkvj.jpg
    ugpgcjyv0nea.jpg
    gufmnthl65lw.jpg
    Never used copics in 6 months after buying them and using them once lol
    gsaj9l2imbb5.jpg
    Where did everyone go
    7pwoq7g0mf40.jpg
    My OC sexy poop chan

owpn7a2i2b8c.jpg
    46oa7c23arg5.jpg
    je5gs45j24ic.jpg
    qhh5s2vxzadf.jpg
    Used my other hand to draw due to carpal tunnel but don't think its noticable haha
    4fgc2nw4t6e4.jpg
    ljaljhyanngf.jpg
    Ye wish i had more time to work on this but i kinda dig it
    33ku77m.png
    Pen brush day
    Super fun to use
    x8r87uwkkjd3.jpg
    Long long girl

Peas on
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I still draw things I swear

Just don't have a great way of posting at the mo

This should hopefully turn into a button in the near future.

edited April 2018
    You broke my combo!!! Hello friend!!!!

y3qx10dnf4yk.jpg
    Forcing myself to do more backgrounds

r8td3y99n9fo.jpg

5tinbltbmxkv.jpg
    7mghnvb0h971.jpg

Peas on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Jolli wrote: »
    Was gonna draw a king on a throne, messed up. Gave him a computer chair to soothe my salt.

03b2edtx0dug.png

I love this idea so much, powerful leaders sitting on $100 Costco computer chairs.

edited May 2018
    tnlq3w4vlh77.jpg
    i652pz6r4l89.jpg
    kbvsqz324t5p.jpg
    cq957f02vwu1.jpg
    qerb9x3zrb8x.jpg
    Don't really feel good today but I don't want to break my daily streak
    b71pggemximq.jpg
    unipe9f2pa1m.jpg
    I just can't seem to finish anything these past few days
    k4z7ptn1otqh.jpg
    wsvwn1d8pm8w.jpg
    arfm1ubsvbdc.jpg

Peas on
  • acadiaacadia Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    unknown.png
    ppmcwwmmlqlb.png

acadia on
    edited May 2018
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    well it's world turtle day, so obviously I drew a tortoise

193ei3wdnvg7.jpg

specifically, Alex the Kalahari Tent Tortoise who lived somewhere up our driveway last month. We made friends with him
    and by friends, I mean he stopped hiding in his shell or pissing himself defensively whenever we turned up and instead just trundled into the bush at top tortoise speed.

edited June 2018
    aokdq6hssvi1.png

edit: I just got an email saying I've earned the 'Ancient Membership' badge, which it looks like means I've been posting here for 11+ years. That is a long-ass time. This has been basically my only source of trustworthy feedback, and I'm positive that any improvements in skill I've made have been in large part due to the community here and the inspiring artists who post here. Thanks for sticking around, those of you who did! You know who you are! And thanks for posting at all those of you who disappeared over the years!

acadia on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    wbqzFLkl.png

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    @acadia Man, I BETTER see Cornelius and Snips on some adventures.

edited June 2018
    @Prospicience That's the plan! I expect it will be quite a while, though. I'll keep posting shit here as I go!

Here's an unrelated rough pattern I intend to screenprint onto a shirt.
    old rough draft:
    ja0z9ixgbdcv.png

new rough draft:
    v3s4zwzuhs0n.png

acadia on
  • ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    5rno0coc3hrv.jpg
    shzqlqs5j65o.jpg

Went on a backpacking trip to Navajo Lake up in the Rockies this past weekend. Made some doodles.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I now have an (entirely unjustified) iPad and Pencil. This thing is a delight to draw on, and I have been doing so.

6sgan13a3dmr.jpeg

exegno09vfuq.jpeg

9kyhplw93610.jpeg

Surfpossum on
    Love that dragon

Yeah, love that color/style on the dragon.
    Speaking of, slowly starting to dip into color after being afraid of it for so long.

9XlDdsUl.png

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    Couple more doodles.
    2DFyKHOl.png
    6JAqX2al.png

Well, I have conclusive evidence that more expensive technology makes you better at drawing.

Furiosa on a phone:

l6bat0eh50hq.jpg

Furiosa on an iPad:

w9zlpgm9y64d.jpeg

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I still draw stuff but its mostly skulls n junk now cause I'm hardcore af

Trying a new style on faces, started working on it after watching Twitch streamer P00se who is all about defining volume with lines.
    LUlpbh8h.png

I am overwhelmed with brush options so I just started throwing a bunch onto this.

eikg2jx98hdi.jpg

edited July 2018
    Trying to practice a bit with shaded volumes instead of lines, semi-content with the attempt.

cjdmr77o5zel.jpeg

And a random attempt at working with light.

pu5gz9wxbfx2.jpeg

Surfpossum on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Oh, great stuff @Surfpossum ! Keep it up!

EDIT: inimbswn081x.jpg

working on some character designs, please tell me if they're terrible

melting_doll on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    acadia wrote: »
    @Prospicience That's the plan! I expect it will be quite a while, though. I'll keep posting shit here as I go!

Here's an unrelated rough pattern I intend to screenprint onto a shirt.
    old rough draft:
    ja0z9ixgbdcv.png

new rough draft:
    v3s4zwzuhs0n.png

are you going to do a cut and sew thing or dye sublimation or just printing a square?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    I'm honestly not entirely sure how to transfer this pattern satisfactorily onto a shirt. I do this stuff with my friend Mike, who has a screen-printing rig in his basement, and access to a vinyl printer to make the screens. We've done some basic screen-printing before, but never something with a repeating pattern like this. The pattern itself isn't a square, but can, with a little manual guidance, be used repeatedly across the surface of a shirt. We're gonna give it a shot on a junk T and see how it looks, then reassess. If you have any suggestions, I'm open to them!

I'm honestly not entirely sure how to transfer this pattern satisfactorily onto a shirt. I do this stuff with my friend Mike, who has a screen-printing rig in his basement, and access to a vinyl printer to make the screens. We've done some basic screen-printing before, but never something with a repeating pattern like this. The pattern itself isn't a square, but can, with a little manual guidance, be used repeatedly across the surface of a shirt. We're gonna give it a shot on a junk T and see how it looks, then reassess. If you have any suggestions, I'm open to them!

If you're looking for an all over kind of print, to do it right you really have to print on the fabric, then cut & sew that into a shirt.

I love the pattern and I would probably work real well as an art print or if you repeat it across a blanket/duvae.

I might have some questions from your friend about he print setup. I have a press and screens but I'm having trouble burning screens. I need suggestions on what emulsion / dying and exposure times.

Yeah I kinda figured the best way to go about it would be to make some fabric, then go from there, but that's pretty labor intensive so I was hoping to avoid it if we could make it look halfway decent with minimal effort. He actually uses basically a laser cutter to get the patterns into a vinyl stencil, then presses that onto the screens. We're thinking of trying to branch out into some emulsion stuff, but thus far none of my designs have necessitated such fine detail, so we could get along with just simple stenciling. Neither of us are particularly experienced in screenprinting, but I don't know what I don't know. If you send me those questions, I could get them to him and I'm sure he'd be happy to answer them (if he can)!

Yeah I kinda figured the best way to go about it would be to make some fabric, then go from there, but that's pretty labor intensive so I was hoping to avoid it if we could make it look halfway decent with minimal effort. He actually uses basically a laser cutter to get the patterns into a vinyl stencil, then presses that onto the screens. We're thinking of trying to branch out into some emulsion stuff, but thus far none of my designs have necessitated such fine detail, so we could get along with just simple stenciling. Neither of us are particularly experienced in screenprinting, but I don't know what I don't know. If you send me those questions, I could get them to him and I'm sure he'd be happy to answer them (if he can)!

Oh wow, I've never heard of that method. Makes sense about the detail though.

As far as cut and sew, you're probably better of outsourcing it and there are a lot of manufacturers out there now doing it as a service.

• SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    @Doodmann compelled me to post some doodles

doodle_011.png

doodle_025.png

Man, I don't draw enough. I need to work on that.

Sublimus on
    Those are cool. They're very kind? looking orcs.

How'd you do that?

I bet it's the ears...

Their soft expression helps, along with them shinin eyes. Here's a real doodle on a post-it! I watch a lot of Porco Rosso. 36938018_248858352388013_5459588918586376192_n.jpg

Thanks @Doodmann I think it's in the eyes? Also, they have neutral expressions.

I was trying to give them a certain level of "humanity". I find that there is a scale between feral and highly intelligent, and you can indicate where something is on that scale with the eyes alone. At least, that's my crack pot theory at the moment haha.

edited July 2018
    I think the muscles in the faces are contributing a lot to the friendly appearance they have; they still seem pretty chill even when I cover up the eyes, and I think you did a good job of creating expressions where the muscles can be seen but look relaxed.

It's interesting to try and pinpoint what makes a face the way it do.

e: I’ve got space on the brain.

1qplila52rwk.jpeg

Surfpossum on
    Character drawing for a co worker.

PAF_SpellCaster01.png

I make no assurances re: this twitter so explore at own risk or w/e, it just seems to be the origin of this particular bit of poetry.

cozocf00hghk.jpeg

Bonus stylized version:

9arki9axbtyl.jpeg

Another character.

PAF_Fighter2.png