As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'll be your 1-Up Girl! [Super Mario Odyssey]

1262728293032»

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    • World Rankings and Friend Rankings have been reset for the Jump-Rope Challenge
    • Fixed a number of issues to improve the gameplay experience.
    I assume those two together mean they fixed the glitch that let you hover over the rope? I'm glad I got that moon already.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Balloon world is the new coin grind. Coins for everything.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Excellent, that resolves every issue I have with the jump rope challenge.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    He wears many hats. ;)

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Finished this at last! By finished I mean the story, so really I've just started it..

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I really need to get back to this at some point. I think I've only beaten the dinosaur falls area -- the first one outside of the hat kingdom.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    I've been taking my sweet time clearing the kingdoms and just finished yesterday. 880 moons, Darker Side only made me lose 10 lives.

I'll get to 999 moons eventually for completions sake. At least I took so long that there's an alternative to Bowser's Kingdom for coins.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    The lstest update stealth hid even more stuff! Nintendo is tweeting out new hint art that leads to.... something? It's not a moon, and I'm holding off finding out to determine it myself tonight.

https://www.vooks.net/super-mario-odyssey-has-new-hint-art-but-it-doesnt-lead-to-moons/

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Actual spoiler for that:
    It's pixel Luigi. He gives a large number of coins.

edzepp on
    Got it.

Boy is it finnicky though. You gotta be very exact with butt stomp placement.

Soooo... reckon there's one in every level?

steam_sig.png
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Finally got around to checking out the Luigi balloon minigame. How are people placing balloons in midair? For me I can only place mine when standing still and pressing left on the dpad.

BronzeKoopa on
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Finally got around to checking out the Luigi balloon minigame. How are people placing balloons in midair? For me I can only place mine when standing still and pressing left on the dpad.

There is likely a temporary platform (like one that appears when you stomp a button) that they're using.

Nintendo twitter has a new photo clue up!

steam_sig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Came back to this after beating Zelda. What a great game!

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Soooo... I guess Mario wanted to be a Dark Souls for a hot second?

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Has LuigiMode been updated to fix out-of-bounds hides? In the first week I had as much as a third of my list to pick from when seeking made of cheaters.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
    edited March 2018
    2 NEW Costumes in Super Mario Odyssey! Satellaview Suit & Baseball Uniform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPQaOzct89g

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    bawx89y008ws.jpeg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Don't forget there's also been the weekly hidden luigi hint art the past 5 weeks as well.

steam_sig.png
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I was pretty excited for that new voxel skin until I saw footage of it moving around. No animation AND he bounces around on his groin is too odd...

(I guess I'll keep saving coin for skeleton costume.)

Slightly related, but Charles Martinet just got into the Guinness World Records book for the Most videogame voiceover performances as the same character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-XUZE--qU8

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Doesn't that mean Mario by proxy is the most prolific video game character ever as well?

Then again there was already a mountain of Mario games before he got a voice, so that's probably a stupid question. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Not to inject negativity, but I've always been a Martinet detractor. He just seems like such a bizarre, aloof, disconnected dude, and when I saw him doing one of those live-voicing-a-face things at a con, I just found it annoying and way bad. I think I just don't like his improv personality for Mario. It's a lot of surface-level pizza and pasta shit, non sequiturs, etc.

But then I watched an hour-long talk he gave at a con about how he got his start, and I found him to be endearing and genuine. He's definitely sort of disconnected from reality, and I think he's kind of a diva, but he's not just some "HOO, WAWAWAWA, IT'S-A ME" hack, and all voice actors are weird anyway. He has put in a lot of work, and I have to give credit to him for sticking with it. He clearly does a good job, and his voice is iconic.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G