As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DOOMED! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

1939495969799»

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The people behind Labo are super geniuses. Geniuses for somehow designing this stuff out of nothing but folded cardboard and stickers, and geniuses again for designing the creation system in such a way that anybody can do it.

I built the keyboard, I know exactly how the keys work, and what they do to properly spring up and down. And you gotta be a frigging genius to have created that system out of thin air.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I don't see why you couldn't build a full 88 key piano. Since it seems the dial on the side changes the octave in the small version all 88 notes should be available. The physical build and programming would need to be adjusted to remove the dial and probably require a few more joycons to watch for the additional key presses, but it should be possible.

Note: I do not own Labo, yet.

The piano works like this:

D83niSp.png

The camera in the controller sees the reflective strip pop up and knows which key was pressed based on its position. But there's no telling how many keys it could see on a larger scale - either you move the camera further away and risk it not seeing key presses clearly, or you make the keys smaller and might have accuracy issues if the cardboard keys wobble side to side at all. Kind of the same problem either way. Yeah it can play tons of notes via the octave change, but think of that more like a "shift" key on a keyboard. Lets you do more with fewer keys. There could be a physical limitation here depending on camera accuracy.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I rarely ever play 2D platformers with the analog stick, but boy did I have issues using the "d pad" for Steamworld Dig 2. My thumb was just constantly bumping into the stick when trying to press buttons.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    On the first Steamworld Dig, I had real problems using the pro controller's d-pad. I'd be holding right, but the slightest rock up or down would register an up or down input. It forced me to use the joy-cons in the grip, which isn't nearly as comfortable. I'm hopeful I don't have the same issues in Dig 2.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I don't see why you couldn't build a full 88 key piano. Since it seems the dial on the side changes the octave in the small version all 88 notes should be available. The physical build and programming would need to be adjusted to remove the dial and probably require a few more joycons to watch for the additional key presses, but it should be possible.

Note: I do not own Labo, yet.

The switch on the left side moves the octave up or down for a full piano range.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    Labo is ridiculously impressive in it’s design. Even my 9 year old son is in awe in the way it goes together. We’ve been taking it slow. Just finished the house this afternoon. Fuck those tiny stickers with my fat fingers, though. Still have the motorcycle and piano to go.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Pinball FX3 update coming adding 60fps for handheld mode and full HD for TV

rfpobdl6ll28.jpeg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • halkunhalkun Registered User regular

Eh, I liked it better when it was called "Live A Live".

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJRmG7pk5KY

SaGa Scarlet Grace Designer: English Version is in Preparation
    SaGa Scarlet Grace designer Akitoshi Kawazu revealed on Twitter on Wednesday that preparation has begun for an English version of SaGa Scarlet Grace: Hiiro no Yabō. He added that its not at a stage where the staff can assign a release window.

SaGa Scarlet Grace: Hiiro no Yabō is an updated prort of the SaGa Scarlet Grace PlayStation Vita game. The port adds additional events, music, and characters, as well as voices for all battle characters. Square Enix will release the game for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam, iOS, and Android on August 2 in Japan.

Square Enix launched the game for PlayStation Vita in Japan in December 2016.

The game's official website describes the story's prologue:
    After being banished for betraying the star gods, the evil god "Firebringer" returned as a comet. The suppressed dark demons also became violent, and the world faced a crisis.
    The star gods granted one man power. He established an empire and led the people to wage war on Firebringer. The dark demons were pushed back underground, and Firebringer's star was sent away. Thereafter, the Firebringer's star and the dark demons have returned every 150 years. Many ages of emperors have battled Firebringer and the dark demons. Usually, the emperors prepare and can easily defeat the evil god, but there are also unprepared emperors who drive the world to ruin.

Kawazu handled the game's design and scenario. Kenji Itō composed the music, and Tomomi Kobayashi provided illustrations.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The Switch is now causing SaGa games to get localizations. This console is a gift from Olympus.

• DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Guys, this thread is starting to get that old thread smell. New thread time yet?

camo_sig2.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME