As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You'll die again and again, again and again, and so on. Dark Souls

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Still haven't seen anything compelling enough to make me contemplate grabbing the remaster even with the discount.

Karoz on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm gonna grab it so I can invade people

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I'm gonna watch SilverWind play it on the Switch, oh yes I am

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I never finished DS1, despite playing it for 100 hours, I'm excited to get through it, engage in jolly co-op, and invade

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I miss getting hatemail over Windows Live

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    What are the invasion ranges/requirements going to be in the remaster?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Last i heard it was based on max weapon level. Like in 3.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I miss getting hatemail over Windows Live

Street Fighter 4 could provide some quality hate mail.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    OK, Cainhurst finished. I went to see Alfred afterwards, since I remembered him talking about Logarius, but instead of him being mad, I got an option to give him a summons to Cainhurst I'd just picked up.

Turns out, Alfred, not big on queens. Not at all.

ZD98Zka.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    if she vileblood she a thot

liEt3nH.png
    Just found The One Reborn. I had just sprinted through the previous area trying to find the bell ringer, and had like 2 hp when I triggered the cutscene, so I didn't bother trying to fight them. I suspect there's going to be Some Bullshit with this boss involving the bell ringer, so I'm going to try and scope out this area before fighting them.

Does anyone know if Paarl is still in his area if you don't beat him the first time you get here?

ZD98Zka.png
    Inspect... Bath?

ZD98Zka.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I have no idea what The One Reborn does because when I fought it I just stood by it's butt and smashed it with my chikage. It died in like 30 seconds.

Turns out the transformed chikage is kinda bullshit if you're fighting something that doesn't try to dodge.

That was kinda that bloodtinge build in a nutshell really. Mostly subpar except for rare occasions when it was just broke as fuck.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Just found The One Reborn. I had just sprinted through the previous area trying to find the bell ringer, and had like 2 hp when I triggered the cutscene, so I didn't bother trying to fight them. I suspect there's going to be Some Bullshit with this boss involving the bell ringer, so I'm going to try and scope out this area before fighting them.

Does anyone know if Paarl is still in his area if you don't beat him the first time you get here?

Karl should still be there, yes.

turtleant wrote: »
    I have no idea what The One Reborn does because when I fought it I just stood by it's butt and smashed it with my chikage. It died in like 30 seconds.

Turns out the transformed chikage is kinda bullshit if you're fighting something that doesn't try to dodge.

That was kinda that bloodtinge build in a nutshell really. Mostly subpar except for rare occasions when it was just broke as fuck.

Yeah I just spammed R1 with Ludwig's with a bolt buff and it died very quickly, once all the maidens were dead. There was one attack that almost got me where the floor got all gross, but otherwise it was almost as pathetic as Gaping Dragon.

ZD98Zka.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm playing Scholar of the First Sin and the changes to enemies from original DS2 are weird. I don't remember it perfectly, but I'm pretty sure the original didn't have a bunch of Heide Knights at Heide's Tower of Flame. Or a fucking dragon.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Bought Salt and Sanctuary on the current PSN sale

First boss handed me my ass

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    Peewi wrote: »
    I'm playing Scholar of the First Sin and the changes to enemies from original DS2 are weird. I don't remember it perfectly, but I'm pretty sure the original didn't have a bunch of Heide Knights at Heide's Tower of Flame. Or a fucking dragon.

Yeah, I think the enemy placement in Scholar is significantly worse. That drake is just, stupid. You have to either arrow cheese it, or just charge in and hope you don't get blasted before you're in close.

I did kinda like those knights just chilling though.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    The dragon is my only problem, I love most of the rest

Especially integrating the hawk knights that were new game plus only

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I think Scholar feels worse if you go into it planning to just go through things at the same time you went through regular DS2. The dragon, for example, is guarding stuff that is really good! Playing DS2 normally you just race to that because it's so good. So it makes sense to put an enemy there that actually involves some level of skill testing.

liEt3nH.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Bought Salt and Sanctuary on the current PSN sale

First boss handed me my ass

Salt and Sanctuary is fun!

I completely forgot where I am, and got distracted bybother things, so haven't played in a long while. Also, my PC is across the country

So, the game has told me a few times to kill a baby. And well, Arianna wasn't in her chair after I went back to see her after a boss, so I had a look around, and she seems to have given birth to a "baby".

Anyway yadda yadda yadda now I have an item called a third umbilical. I also have another one of these but I have no idea where I got it, but I do remember seeing a message somewhere saying I need 3 of these.

I guess I'm looking for another baby?

ZD98Zka.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Are you at the very end of the game? If not, then yes, you're going to run into a baby, or at least baby-adjacent things, soon.

uyvfOQy.png
    I just beat Micolash, no idea how close to the end I am.

I went throgh my inventory, and I guess somewhere I picked up a key to the upper ward, which I'm guessing is that locked door at the top of the tower. So now I can go there, or past the boss, or to the DLC. I'm level 75 now so I might be able to handle the DLC without wanting to cry.

ZD98Zka.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    You'll run into it during story progression, don't worry.

And I'd definitely recommend starting the DLC now and at least grabbing all the weapons and stuff. The first boss is real rough, so you might just want to get up to the lantern and then come back a bit later. Also the final DLC boss is way harder than the main game boss, so be prepared to be way overpowered when you go to finish the game and get your ending.

uyvfOQy.png
    Ha, a quick test shows I can now R1 spam those hunters in the DLC to death in a single combo.

We might be in business here.

ZD98Zka.png

Yeah, I think the enemy placement in Scholar is significantly worse. That drake is just, stupid. You have to either arrow cheese it, or just charge in and hope you don't get blasted before you're in close.

They stopped chilling after I killed the dragonrider.

Oh yeah they hate that

ZD98Zka.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

They stopped chilling after I killed the dragonrider.

I mean, you killed their bro. I'd try to stab you too!

Steam ID: Right here.
    I got killed by the executioner's chariot and on my way back to it I fell through one of the holes in the bridge.

It's okay, I didn't want those souls back anyway.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I got killed by the executioner's chariot and on my way back to it I fell through one of the holes in the bridge.

It's okay, I didn't want those souls back anyway.

that is a rough run, to be fair

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The chariot is such a strange boss. It's a neat little puzzle but it's also ultra cheap so you need another dozen tries after you've figured it out

I can't even remember what it leads to

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The chariot is such a strange boss. It's a neat little puzzle but it's also ultra cheap so you need another dozen tries after you've figured it out

an arena, there's nothing past the chariot progression wise

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Invader covenant.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Tichy Gren is a boss tho

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    I'm playing the Dark Souls 2 DLC for the first time. Is there a trick to Fume Knight or is he just a big asshole?

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I'm playing the Dark Souls 2 DLC for the first time. Is there a trick to Fume Knight or is he just a big asshole?

Big asshole sadly. They tried for Artorias round 2 and missed badly in my opinion.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Give up on using a shield

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    im gonna do the

14 str 16 dex low level build and get lightning zwei +5 / obsidian +5 and just invade all the time

J3qcnBP.png
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    im gonna do the

14 str 16 dex low level build and get lightning zwei +5 / obsidian +5 and just invade all the time

do you mean in DS1 Remastered or DS2

because I'm pretty sure they're gonna do weapon upgrade/character level matchmaking in the remaster

This discussion has been closed.