As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Rocket League]: PA Rocket Society on Friday Nights

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Downloading a discord update, but trying to get there!

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the games, guys. Played like crap these last few games but it was a lot of fun! :D Now I need some sleep.
    And thanks @JC of DI for setting it up. :+1:

camo_sig2.png
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Yup, fun stuff guys. Thanks for the games! Feels good to get back into it again.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was great! Looking forward to the next one :D

• JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    Thanks so much to everyone who showed up and made the inaugural night such a blast! @crimsoncoyote @Big Dookie @Sumanai @Cathode Ray Tube @ArcanisTheImpotent @facetious You are all the MVP's.

Now for two questions to pose:

1. Next time should we start a little earlier, or did that timeframe work with folks?
    2. So next Friday night we do it again, yeah? (Translation: Should we try this out weekly, or is that too often?)

PJWczLu.png
    I'm good with anything! Moving 2 weeks from today, but I'll try to make whatever I can. (weekly is fine with me, but I understand if it doesn't work for everyone)

I'm good with anything! Moving 2 weeks from today, but I'll try to make whatever I can. (weekly is fine with me, but I understand if it doesn't work for everyone)

Yeah, same here. I wouldn’t be able to join every week, but would definitely have it on my calendar if it was a weekly thing and would join whenever possible.

Time seemed perfect to me, but I could float a bit too if something else works better.

Steam | Twitch
    I may be able to make next Friday, but I'll be both returning from a trip and preparing for a long day of work Saturday, so I may need to rest up.

Also, possible suggestions:

- Any possibility of someone streaming these? (I can't, my internet connection is not good enough.)
    - Highlights? (I'm assuming someone is already planning to clip some of the replays for the thread?)
    - Maybe like a special "sickest play" competition each event? Maybe voted on?

Real strong, facetious.

I think my setup would work pretty well to stream these, actually. I can plan to do that next time! Also, I didn't even think about saving most replays at the time, but I'll try and be better about that too!

Really, the only replay I kept was because I had marked it for a specific point - this save that facetious got credit for.
    https://gfycat.com/DistortedTenderBettong

PJWczLu.png
    What a save!
    What a save!

;-)

I actually did record a bit of the match where I sat out, got a couple of clips, but nothing super amazing. I can post them when I get a chance later.

My setup is pretty good for streaming, so I don't mind volunteering on weeks when I'm available to join. I'll be out the next couple for vacation, but should be a regular after that.

Steam | Twitch
    edited April 2018
    I forgot about that 'save'. That play was so weird.

I'm salty I forgot to save my sick goal where I was centering from the corner, jumped off the back wall and flipped back into the ball and it somehow went in. I think someone else said they saved the replay though?

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

edited April 2018
    There's a hotkey to save a replay and a keyframe automatically in the middle of the game so you don't forget about saving it at the end of the match. It's pretty handy, I changed mine a long time ago to RB so I forgot what's the default button. I think on the keyboard it's the backspace key (press and hold).

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2018
    I think it's the back button on controller? But I unbound that I think. (RB and LB are air rolls for me now)

I want to say facetious uses kbam though?

crimsoncoyote on
    I do indeed.

Real strong, facetious.

edited April 2018
    My controls are so weird now that I actually don't have a button bound to enable text chat when I play on console anymore. But I still have"Save Replay" as the ball-cam button held.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • dalitubadalituba Registered User regular
    Well you have to do it weekly so that I get a chance to jump in next week!

Not the craziest goal, but this Gif Your Game thing (https://www.gifyourgame.com/) is pretty dang spiffy if you're on PC.

https://gfycat.com/InferiorFatherlyLice
    (You can remove the watermark in the settings, as I now know.)

PJWczLu.png
    No joke that thing is easy to make gifs with!

Here is what is probably my best to date
    https://gfycat.com/MediocreAlarmingLemming

I'll be so excited to be done with this semester in two weeks.

But in the meantime I shall shirk responsibility for an evening, so let's get together at 10:00 p.m. Eastern and get some carball on!

PJWczLu.png
    I should be able to make it!

Real strong, facetious.

Unfortunately, I wont be able to make it this week. It's super late for me and I have a couple of projects to deliver next week which means I need to get some sleep to try and get a bit of work done tomorrow.
    Have fun, guys! :+1:

camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2018
    Rocket Society Week 2 Begins! I'm streaming with potentially horrible results!

EDIT: Stream Over!

Archived Video here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/252684514

Server Name: PARocket
    Password: Society

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    Played this on PC for the first time in almost a year last night... wtf is going on? I was queuing for 3v3 and 4v4 casual games and the servers I connected to were filled with players who didn't move. Like, actual players and not the AI bots. It took me four attempts to find a game with everyone actually playing (which was super fun! reminded me why Iove this game), the rest were just me and maybe one other player riding around. I'm using a steam link with controller so chatting is a bit of a pain, and when I took a minute to try to type out "why isn't anybody moving?" I got kicked for inactivity. Despite seeing perfectly still players for awhile before I tried to talk. I tried again today and I went through 3 servers with 4 people active.

What the hell? Is this a glitch? Has Rocket League been lost to trolls and idlers? Do I need to play ranked to get a game with actual opponents who will actually play?

edited April 2018
    That sounds like idlers just trying to get items/boxes?

I've never run into that to be honest. But maybe that's a thing they do in 4v4 casual (I know you queued for 3v3 as well, but I haven't seen that ever, and I never queue 4v4). Idling for items is a reportable offense, so use the report button in your menu.

And yeah, you should never see that issue in ranked. I tend to use Solo Standard as my warmup/I-don't-care-about-my-rank queue, and Standard as my more serious queue, but I know that doesn't work for some people.

Best option: join up with us on Friday nights in discord for some good games!

crimsoncoyote on
  • SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    Oh, ok. People trying to game the system for loot boxes makes sense, in that man-some-people-just-suck kind of way. Come to think of it, the only match that had people playing was a 3v3. Definitely never happened when I played last year. That's a shame, because I really liked the chaos in 4v4.

I'll have to get on that discord for sure. We'll see how long my renewed love affair with this game lasts.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Been playing again lately, it is certainly wearing me down how uneven the skill level is in Silver/Gold, like people not able to hit the ball, not jumping at all, goal-tending bad, then suddenly it's people making passes, rotating and everything else you need to be semi-competent.

I need people to play with!

• Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    join us for Rocket Society on Friday nights!

https://youtu.be/0sN_w4LBHHE for those of us who aren't in the discord

edited May 2018
    I really wish they'd overhaul the custom training. Make searching easier, and allow you to continue a training mode you were playing, especially if you left it to join a match.

Edit: also maybe have an "are you sure?" alert when you click the button to remove something from your favourites list. I keep misclicking and removing the training I'm working on and have to refind it..

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

And also mirror shots

Was plat 3 div 4, had a couple wins and felt like I was maybe one win away from diamond... then had a teammate start talking shit and be generally toxic after we went down 0-1, lost that game, then the next game was up 1-0 and my PC crashed and when I came back it wouldn't let me rejoin. Still technically div4, but think I'm done for tonight, frankly irritated after all that and know I'm not going to play my best. Bah.

Real strong, facetious.

Finally reached (technically got back to, albeit that previously it was a brief experience) diamond last night and tonight I got my 10th win for those rewards.

Real strong, facetious.

Hey y'all

Come play with us tonight!

I know @Nax is busy. But still you should come sometime @Nax.
    @Nax

:D:D

www.twitch.tv/jcofdi For the stream -- join the discord to get the room name and pass when we get enough players!

PJWczLu.png
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Hey y'all

Come play with us tonight!

I know @Nax is busy. But still you should come sometime @Nax.
    @Nax

I'm going to, jeeeeeeeeeez

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    T-Rexplosion!

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    God damn that little Jeep is adorable.