As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Most Amazing [chat] Ever Created! discuss Avengers IW in the Avengers IW thread

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Echo why is your avatar the bad guy from True Detective now

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    Wandering has seemingly wonderful loved ones and now we all know it lol how embarrassing for you Wandering dunked

Hah! Yeah, glad I don't have any loved ones!

yeah.... that would suck...

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    okay I'm standing in line for U-505

incredible

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The PA comic today is talking about a Harry Potter game that sounds amazing

jpg
    The first time the game engineers you will run out of energy is in its first action scene, where - creepily - your character is left in a life or death scenario while you wait half an hour to continue. Charitably you could say this energy system adds a certain cliffhanger-esque nature to Hogwarts Mystery - but the amount of energy needed is a completely arbitrary number, and one deliberately designed to fully deplete your energy bar. The game encourages you to make a purchase and continue immediately rather than wait and leave your avatar suffering. It is especially troubling when you consider the game's audience.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Nearly 8 hours of tentacle violation.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Nearly 8 hours of tentacle violation.
    Let the boy watch.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I herd we were talkin bout Avengers in heer

cast.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

cast.jpg

yep, those sure are the two Avengers.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

jpg
    The first time the game engineers you will run out of energy is in its first action scene, where - creepily - your character is left in a life or death scenario while you wait half an hour to continue. Charitably you could say this energy system adds a certain cliffhanger-esque nature to Hogwarts Mystery - but the amount of energy needed is a completely arbitrary number, and one deliberately designed to fully deplete your energy bar. The game encourages you to make a purchase and continue immediately rather than wait and leave your avatar suffering. It is especially troubling when you consider the game's audience.

This seems like it should be illegal.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Doodmann wrote: »

jpg

This seems like it should be illegal.

Penny Arcade already did The Merch.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

zepherin wrote: »
    good news when the doctor checked my butt, I just had a big hemorrhoid. No cancer. She also took a fecal sample while she was there just to be sure.

That is typically what butt lumps are.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    That Harry Potter game is such a missed opportunity.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The various ways that microtransaction oriented games are designed to encourage people to pay up are pretty interesting.

One way is to have a really bad difficulty curve where you have a bunch of easy levels to make you feel good and then a hard level to get you to pay money for energy or whatever.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

cast.jpg

Ever notice it is old guy, young woman.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Krathoon wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    good news when the doctor checked my butt, I just had a big hemorrhoid. No cancer. She also took a fecal sample while she was there just to be sure.

That is typically what butt lumps are.
    p05qab91350q.png
    Frankly, I'd have just left the post as-is

cB557 on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I beat the first fight on God of War max difficulty.

The key was to do heavy juggle, 3 light attacks, heavy juggle, and loop to maximise damage while moving away from enemy spawn areas, and try to disrupt enemy power ups with axe throws

I found two optional wolves to fight and they immediately kicked my ass

Fuckin hell do all the enemies in this mode power up and gain a level? Jesus

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    @Chanus did you catch up with Franxx?

I also started watching the new Lupin III and I gotta say, I'm enjoying the zany thievery nonsense.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    When will Lupin III finally make Lupin/the inspector official.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i have not caught up yet, no

playoff hockey is taking up most of my tv viewing time at the moment

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

cast.jpg

Ever notice it is old guy, young woman.

Strictly speaking it's Patrick Macnee, young woman/some other guy. (Though Dianna Rigg was his longest partner.)

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    reading swedish news, i wasn't terribly sure about "polisinsatsen", so i used the google translate plug in and it gave me back "polish initiative"

which didn't make sense

because it should have said "police operation"

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The forum been going a bit zalgo for anyone else today?
    0d4mz1ikxp2i.png

• Options
    no just you cb that's weird

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Lately I've been feeling gross when eating meat but I'm also far too lazy to stop eating meat. I blame wandering for this impossible predicament

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    reading swedish news, i wasn't terribly sure about "polisinsatsen", so i used the google translate plug in and it gave me back "polish initiative"

which didn't make sense

because it should have said "police operation"

Avengers 4: The Polish Initiative

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    This weeks Franxx was a recap so no worries there

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Lately I've been feeling gross when eating meat but I'm also far too lazy to stop eating meat. I blame wandering for this impossible predicament

also stop eating found meat

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    When will Lupin III finally make Lupin/the inspector official.
    Remember when Thieves were considered gentleman thieves?

• Options
    This weeks Franxx was a recap so no worries there

last one i watched was ep 8 i think

i'm not sure what it's up to now

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I beat the first fight on God of War max difficulty.

The key was to do heavy juggle, 3 light attacks, heavy juggle, and loop to maximise damage while moving away from enemy spawn areas, and try to disrupt enemy power ups with axe throws

I found two optional wolves to fight and they immediately kicked my ass

Fuckin hell do all the enemies in this mode power up and gain a level? Jesus

Challenge (3/4) difficulty starts so hard. I think this is one of my favorite games ever.

I feel like I did when I first played Arkham Asylum. It's beautiful, metroidvania-y, great writing and acting. Calling the axe back is a true joy.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    i made it past the stranger fight on the hardest difficulty in god of war and lowered it by one because everything killing me in one hit got annoying

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

It's artisanally carved reclaimed meat

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

It's artisanally carved reclaimed meat

Good op' roadkill.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    That Harry Potter game is such a missed opportunity.
    Luckily Chucklefish is making their own Harry Potter game.

nbit4cqqwjda.jpg

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Oh @atomika I meant to tell you yesterday, you're the best, thanks so much for the compliments!

@Doodmann D’aaaawwww <3

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Yeah I could be down for Stardew Hogwarts

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Okay, tix purchased for tomorrow night to see Marvel’s The Avengers: The Motion Picture, part 3: Box Office Infinity

$5 Tuesday ftw

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Yeah I could be down for Stardew Hogwarts

Your face is a stardew hogwart.

gottem

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i made it past the stranger fight on the hardest difficulty in god of war and lowered it by one because everything killing me in one hit got annoying

I thought Challenge was getting too easy but then I pulled a thing out of a space butthole and got one shotted again like old times. I had adjusted my expectations to where dying in 3/4 hits felt too easy. (I die a lot in this game.)

When you go back to an area and guys are your level, it feels pretty powerful to smack their bitch up.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Chucklefish?

https://blog.chucklefish.org/about/

Oh god, they're all twee!

This discussion has been closed.