As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You'll die again and again, again and again, and so on. Dark Souls

19495969798100»

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    im gonna do the

14 str 16 dex low level build and get lightning zwei +5 / obsidian +5 and just invade all the time

do you mean in DS1 Remastered or DS2

because I'm pretty sure they're gonna do weapon upgrade/character level matchmaking in the remaster

wait what really???

im talking ds1

J3qcnBP.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    im gonna do the

14 str 16 dex low level build and get lightning zwei +5 / obsidian +5 and just invade all the time

do you mean in DS1 Remastered or DS2

because I'm pretty sure they're gonna do weapon upgrade/character level matchmaking in the remaster

wait what really???

im talking ds1

yes, they're adding in a bunch of QoL changes to the remaster, basically borrowing off how mechanics worked in DS3.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    =[

J3qcnBP.png
    is there a list somewhere? of these QOL changes?

J3qcnBP.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I'm playing the Dark Souls 2 DLC for the first time. Is there a trick to Fume Knight or is he just a big asshole?

Give up on using a shield

But then I have to learn how to play without a shield.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Zwei tank or sorcerer ?

Decisions

Password Matchmaking is now available, similar to Dark Souls 3. When a player is summoned in Password Matchmaking the player level will be synced.
    It's now easier for friends to be matched with each other. When the guest player’s character level and weapon is higher than that of the host player, the level will be adjusted accordingly.

whats this mean? both players get stats and level to be the same?

J3qcnBP.png
    Password Matchmaking is now available, similar to Dark Souls 3. When a player is summoned in Password Matchmaking the player level will be synced.
    It's now easier for friends to be matched with each other. When the guest player’s character level and weapon is higher than that of the host player, the level will be adjusted accordingly.

yes, just like DS3. When you summon someone their stats & weapon damage are scaled down to be closer to the host's. However in practice in DS3 it didn't really scale very well and overleveled phantoms were frankly stupid

yes, just like DS3. When you summon someone their stats & weapon damage are scaled down to be closer to the host's. However in practice in DS3 it didn't really scale very well and overleveled phantoms were frankly stupid

and the invasions are now split between soul level, AND upg 1-3 / 4-6 / 7-10?

J3qcnBP.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Me at the start of every souls game:
    Hmm I think I’m gonna do something different this time, maybe a quick dex build or a spellcaster or something

Me 20 hours of gameplay later:
    FULL HAVEL 2 HANDED SWORD GET HUGE

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I wonder how this will work in practice

Players can no longer summon ally phantoms consecutively when in combat with enemy phantoms.

That made life hell, sometimes, as an invader

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm playing the Dark Souls 2 DLC for the first time. Is there a trick to Fume Knight or is he just a big asshole?

Give up on using a shield

But then I have to learn how to play without a shield.

yeah the game will finally be fun

liEt3nH.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Don't summon help

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Me at the start of every souls game:
    Hmm I think I’m gonna do something different this time, maybe a quick dex build or a spellcaster or something

Me 20 hours of gameplay later:
    FULL HAVEL 2 HANDED SWORD GET HUGE
    Go for something simple

In my Scholar 2 playthrough, I went no shield for the first time in a Souls game, and it was liberating (once I got Agility high enough, anyway)

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.