As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yea but now no dittos again :(

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Nice to see Niantic remembered wailmers. I've seen more today than every other day put together

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Ah, that explains it - I wondered if there'd been some kind of nest-switching going on, as I've seen so many pokes today that haven't popped up for a while (obviously the Gen1 event will have added to that perception). Loads of Wailmer, Rhyhorn, Seedot, and Magikarp so far.

Fingers crossed for a couple of Larvitars... I'm only a dozen or so candies away from finally evolving a Tyrannitar.

pezgen on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    The drought of interesting wild pokemon spawns between the last community / Gen 1 event and the current Earth Day event had me seriously reconsider my decision to pick up the game. I suppose I'll stick until I get my Mew. Quests are fun!

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Apparently people are seeing Lapras and Larvitars? I know I blundered into a Larvitar yesterday. A guy from the local group claimed he got close to 10 in 15 minutes in a high-spawn downtown area.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Apparently people are seeing Lapras and Larvitars? I know I blundered into a Larvitar yesterday. A guy from the local group claimed he got close to 10 in 15 minutes in a high-spawn downtown area.

Neither of those for me yet. Just Rhyhorns. Rhyhorns as far as the eye can see...

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    I saw one Larvitar so far. Lots of Wailmers and Magikarp. I don't need either any more, but would love to find a shiny of both.

pezgen wrote: »

Neither of those for me yet. Just Rhyhorns. Rhyhorns as far as the eye can see...

Don't forget Rhyperior will come soon, so grind those suckers for candy.

Also after the Mew quest I'm making it a policy to always have enough candy on hand for one evolution for Pokemon that are a real pain to find or require a crapton of candies to evolve.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I had a larvitar just spawn for me, so can confirm they are popping.

Don't forget Rhyperior will come soon, so grind those suckers for candy.

Also after the Mew quest I'm making it a policy to always have enough candy on hand for one evolution for Pokemon that are a real pain to find or require a crapton of candies to evolve.

Oh yeah, I've grabbed every one I've seen. Sitting on around 200 Rhyhorn candy now...

Today has been weird. I've always found Sandshrews exceptionally rare (only found my first one in the Gen1 event) so my mind automatically registers them as unusual things to see. But today they're all over the place. I have to keep reminding myself I don't have to use pinap berries on every single one.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Ive found both Phanpy and Shroomish in multiples today when I’d not even seen their shadows much before.
    No larvitar tho.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    I saw a Larvitar last night at a Park, but I wasn't about to jog there at 9 PM to catch a Pokemon. Maybe I'll see another one today...

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    As expected the field research tasks and rewards will change in may.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Hmm maybe I should skip the rest of the researches (and the moltres)

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »
    Hmm maybe I should skip the rest of the researches (and the moltres)

Hey, it's candy.

does it reset in may?

because I'm one away from another moltres and I'd rather have the next one instead

I should finish my seventh day badge right as it switches over so thats perfect.

Hopefully I see some ghost pokemon when I get out of Avengers tonight so I can finally get past that part of the quest.

Xaquin wrote: »
    does it reset in may?

because I'm one away from another moltres and I'd rather have the next one instead

I man, Zapdos is going to stick around for a month. There's no rush.

Xaquin wrote: »
    does it reset in may?

I man, Zapdos is going to stick around for a month. There's no rush.

true

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Yeah, so if I do a research every day, I'd get a Moltres on the 30th. Is Zapdos a better mon? Should I wait a day, so that I can get an extra Zapdos instead of another Moltres?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Yeah, so if I do a research every day, I'd get a Moltres on the 30th. Is Zapdos a better mon? Should I wait a day, so that I can get an extra Zapdos instead of another Moltres?

They're both great in their own way, but if push comes to shove there's fewer competitive electric types.

It did say there would be new research, so saving the current set may just result in a Moltres regardless of day. you may need the new set of research to get a Zapdos. Just a thought.

I'm going to wait to see. I'm one catch away from the last stamp needed.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I meant to ask earlier, but has anyone else received an invite only EX raid pass? During the last community day event we were out and took part in a Snorlax raid at a park and a week or so after received a raid pass that is only good at the gym we fought the Snorlax for Sunday the 29th between the times of 2:30 and 3:15. Is this pretty common to try and get people together for epic raids since I imagine that the vast majority of them don't have enough people near to win the raid or is it something else?

steam_sig.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Ex raid passes are the only way to get Mewtwo

Only a few gyms are Ex eligible, so if you raid at an Ex gym, there's a chance you get invited the next time there's an Ex raid there

Show up on time and get your Mewtwo :-)

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Daimar wrote: »
    I meant to ask earlier, but has anyone else received an invite only EX raid pass? During the last community day event we were out and took part in a Snorlax raid at a park and a week or so after received a raid pass that is only good at the gym we fought the Snorlax for Sunday the 29th between the times of 2:30 and 3:15. Is this pretty common to try and get people together for epic raids since I imagine that the vast majority of them don't have enough people near to win the raid or is it something else?

EX Raid passes are sent out randomly to a bunch of people who raid at a specific spot during an unspecified amount of time. Parks and sponsored places (like Sprint or Starbucks) are more likely to generate passes, but there's no guarantees. My wife only very occasionally raids with me, and she got one. I know of a hard core raider who does it at least a dozen times each week and he still hasn't gotten one.

At any rate, you'll probably have more than enough people to take down Metwto during that time, BUT you'll need to be there at the crack of 2:30. Preferably before.

And congrats!

It is very rare that an ex raid fails due to not enough people. And mewtoo has a better catch rate than other legendaries.

Caught my second mewtwo today. It also has mediocre IVs (82%) but thanks to the weather boost it started at 25. So I TMed it to confusion/shadowball and leveled it to 30. My highest CP mon now.

I'm still debating how to deal with the other one. It's level 20 with confusion/focusblast. I could level it a bit (25ish only for now) to use on gyms. But I do have 4 high level Machamps so it's not really needed.

I got an ex raid pass for next monday. Im thinking of getting somebody to cover the last couple of hours of my shift to go beat up mewtwo.

Got my Mew and Mewtwo over the weekend. I almost missed out on Mewtwo because I was later than the raid start time and apparently my city organizes for raids at start time. Who knew?
    I think thats the pinnacle of my pokemongo experience, its all downhill from here.
    Speaking of which, how do you go about getting TMs and candies for these rare mons? Just lots of walking / rare candy?

urquanlord88.png
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yep, raiding for TMs and rare candies. I wouldn't walk the legendaries, aren't they like 20km per candy?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    That was quick -- we're already getting a new event today.

Fighting Pokemon will be more common (can we finally get all the Hitmons?), and gym and raid battles will give double XP. Raid battles will also yield 3,000 stardust and at least one rare candy. PLUS, gyms will yield more items and building up gym badges will go quicker. Neat!

good, I still don't have hitmons

I think I’ve got all the fighting mons, but I’m losing so many pokeballs trying to get that excellent curveball throw - so the extra items from gyms will certainly come in handy.

I think I’ve got all the fighting mons, but I’m losing so many pokeballs trying to get that excellent curveball throw - so the extra items from gyms will certainly come in handy.

Makuhitas are close enough and bulky enough that they'd be good targets to try for that excellent curveball.

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Fighting is one of my last badges to complete (after that it's Dragon and Steel), so I am excited for this event.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    edited May 2018
    I've gotten 3-4 excellent curves over the last two weeks, so I assume I'll not be able to get any once I reach that step. Still need to do more raids first. Wailmer, and Spheal are my targets of choice for excellent curves, but they are not super common outside of events.

Leeks on
    I really like the pacing of these events

urquanlord88.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Leeks wrote: »
    I've gotten 3-4 excellent curves over the last two weeks, so I assume I'll not be able to get any once I reach that step. Still need to do more raids first. Wailmer, and Spheal are my targets of choice for excellent curves, but they are not super common outside of events.

it was easier when they had the big static-ish raid targets like Lugia. But it's pretty hard to nail an excellent on latios. Your best bet right now is probably trying to find a wailmer, yeah

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png