As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    No objectives to claim.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Claim Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait. VP 1->2

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Erect a Monument in my pants- exhaust homeworld and spend 4 TG

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    No objectives to claim, yo

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Probably needs to be a delta wormhole in Lirta-Bereg

There is, but there's no special token for it. It's just part of the Creuss Flagship. Just like how I haven't been marking upgraded units as anything special on the map, I haven't been planning on marking racial units in unique ways either.

:shrug:
    Would have thought it would make the board make more sense, but if the game itself doesn't have the token... then I guess the other players just need to remember they can also use that ship as a wormhole.

@MrBlarney for cards/objectives

The new Imperium doesn't have room for weaklings who cannot remember the grand purpose of glorious Hil Colish!

One thing I'm noticing about the standard random galaxy creation over the default map: it's now actually possible to claim those "control X planet types" objectives. That shit was crazy impossible before.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Reveal Public Objective
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    1 Stage I Objective and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

All players draw 1 Action Card, excepting Naalu and N'orr who each draw 2 cards. Each player gains 2 Command Tokens for allocation.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Allocate +1/0/+1 for 2/2/2.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    One to tactics, one to strategy, 2/3/1.

2/3/1 I think

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    One to tactics, one to strategy, 1/3/1.

1 Tac, 1 strat. 2/3/1

1 tac, 1 strat. 1/3/1

@Ketar for strategy card

Huh. Two rounds and nobody has Metacol

I'm telling you, when we left we rubbed our waste receptacles allllll over everythiing.

Technology

@MrBody

edited May 2018
    .[/b]
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Huh. Two rounds and nobody has Metacol

I'd have taken it last turn but I don't have enough influence to pay off the caretakers. :(

Hedgethorn on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Round 3: Start of Strategy Phase

Score Objectives
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Exhaust Creuss (4R) and 4 Trade Goods (TG 6 --> 2) to claim Public Objective "Erect a Monument". (VP 0 --> 1)
    Sardakk N'orr: Claim Public Objective "Corner the Market". (VP 1 --> 2)
    Reveal Public Objective
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    Gain Action Cards and Command Tokens; Redistribute Command Areas
    The Naalu Collective: AC 3 --> 5; TP 0 --> 1, SP 0 --> 1
    The Mentak Coalition: AC 3 --> 4; TP 1 --> 2, SP 0 --> 1
    The Winnu: AC 3 --> 4; TP 1 --> 2, SP 0 --> 1
    The Barony of Letnev: AC 4 --> 5; TP 1 --> 2, SP 1 --> 2
    The Ghosts of Creuss: AC 1 --> 2; TP 0 --> 1, SP 0 --> 1
    Sardakk N'orr: AC 4 --> 6; TP 1 --> 2, SP 0 --> 1

Current Map: Round 3, Start of Strategy Phase

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition - 2 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 2 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 1 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 1 VP
    The Barony of Letnev - 0 VP
    The Winnu - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: N'orr
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.: Creuss

Secret Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Barony of Letnev: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Winnu: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    Naalu's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.
    Mentak's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by N'orr.
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.

The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Naalu's Support for the Throne, N'orr's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Promise of Protection)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Plasma Scoring, Cruiser II

Worlds:
    R - Moll Primus (4R, 1I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Fourth Moon: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Other players' ships in this system cannot use Sustain Damage.
    - Racial Technology: Salvage Operations (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After you win or lose a Space Combat, gain 1 Trade Good. If you won the combat, you may also produce 1 ship in that system of any ship type that was destroyed during the combat.
    - Racial Technology: Mirror Computing (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): When you spend Trade Goods, each Trade Good is worth 2 resources or influence instead of 1.
    - Ambush: At the start of Space Combat, you may roll 1 die for each of up to 2 of your Cruisers or Destroyers in the system. For each result equal to or greater than that ship's combat value, produce 1 hit; your opponent must assign it to one of his ships.
    - Pillage: After 1 of your neighbors gains Trade Goods or resolves a transaction, if he has 3 or more Trade Goods, you may take 1 of his Trade Goods or Commodities.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Promise of Protection: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Mentak player cannot use his "Pillage" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Mentak player's units, return this card to the Mentak player.

The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo)
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 5

Tactic Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Mentak's Ceasefire (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    R - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 1
    Action Cards: 5

Fleet Pool: 2
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    R - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    R - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody)
    Commodities: 3 / 4
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 2

Tactic Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Winnu's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

The Winnu (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 1
    Action Cards: 4

Promissory Notes: Creuss' Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    R - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Sardakk N'orr (Preda) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 6

Promissory Notes: Mentak's Support for the Throne (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    R - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

Neutral Worlds
    N - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    N - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    N - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Order of Play
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar):
    The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody):
    The Winnu (discrider):
    Sardakk N'orr (Preda):
    The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn):
    The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo):

There is 1 Trade Good on the (6) Warfare Strategy Card and 2 Trade Goods on the (8) Imperial Strategy Card; the player that selects one of these cards immediately claims the attached Trade Goods.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Leadership, of course

@discrider

Construction @Preda

Construction @Preda

Uh? Strange choice...

Politics

@Preda Ignore Phalla, pick more strategy cards

Shoot

Diplomacy, Trade, Warfare, and Imperial were not what I expected to have as options when it came to me.

I'll have to think for a bit about this unexpected turn of events.

Preda wrote: »
    Construction @Preda

Uh? Strange choice...

Politics

Gotta build that space dock and pds if you want to hold Mecatol.

Ketar wrote: »
    Construction @Preda

Uh? Strange choice...

Politics

I get those automatically tho, if that was in reference to my pick

Ketar wrote: »
    Construction @Preda

Uh? Strange choice...

Politics

I get those automatically tho, if that was in reference to my pick

I'm pretty sure having another dock adjacent is pretty useful. And you can put a second pds on there, right? I can't remember for sure.

Excuse me, only me and Ketar are allowed to be speaker. If everyone could remember this rule going forward that would be great.

Trade.

@Mojo_Jojo

Warfare
    +1TG but I'm only on one total so Hedgethorn can't pillage me for it

Your turn then, @Mojo_Jojo

Yep. It'll need to hang on for a second as there's a rule clarification I need to look up about timings. I suspect I've made a terrible mistake

Attackers stuff goes first.
    Status phase comes before next turn's strategy phase.

Given that nothing has happened, nor can happen until you take your turn, there should be no issue with you selecting a different strategy card if you were off on something.