As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    obligatory app usage is potentially fine as long as the app is actually good

I've never used any of FFG's apps though, except for TOME, which was total garbage (though it was in beta, so maybe it's fine now)

Mansions of Madness 2e is solid, that's the only one I've used from em.

I can not imagine actually plkaying MoM2e with out the app.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Draeven wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    obligatory app usage is potentially fine as long as the app is actually good

I've never used any of FFG's apps though, except for TOME, which was total garbage (though it was in beta, so maybe it's fine now)

Mansions of Madness 2e is solid, that's the only one I've used from em.

I can not imagine actually plkaying MoM2e with out the app.

The app is really slick overall. It offloads almost all the RNG for you (you still get to roll dice), and they struck a good balance of what they could automate and what they left to players.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So there is no more "Push the Limit" Instead, many ships have, on their action bar, a chain action.

Ten Numb, for instance, can focus then optionally chain into a barrel roll, but the barrel roll gives stress afterward.

So they are still giving pilots some combo actions but only specific actions. Which is neat.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Whomever designed the new cards and tokens deserves a massive raise because them shits is gorgeous.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Whomever designed the new cards and tokens deserves a massive raise because them shits is gorgeous.

I like how to upgrade cars are specifically designed to array, stacked, behind the ship card. Wonder if they'll make special holders for them.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

So there is no more "Push the Limit" Instead, many ships have, on their action bar, a chain action.

Ten Numb, for instance, can focus then optionally chain into a barrel roll, but the barrel roll gives stress afterward.

So they are still giving pilots some combo actions but only specific actions. Which is neat.

I'm wondering if there will be a new upgrade effect for PtL, VI, amd adaptability in the conversion kits, or if they'll just be dead cards.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

I'm wondering if there will be a new upgrade effect for PtL, VI, amd adaptability in the conversion kits, or if they'll just be dead cards.

PtL and VI are definitely dead cards. They want to eliminate the race to higher initiatives, for instance.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »

PtL and VI are definitely dead cards. They want to eliminate the race to higher initiatives, for instance.

It's for the best. They are incorporating some of the effects of PTL into specific ship frames, giving them not only more difference, but also freeing up that slot that people auto included for other interesting upgrades.

edited May 2018
    Athenor wrote: »

I mean will they create a new upgrade, call it that, and say the old cards can be used for it too.

Probably not, but...

Polaritie on
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Bold Predictions: TLT will not be available in 2.0

Miranda Doni will have a modified ability that will not include regen

Jumpmasters will get torpedoes back, but will have a different dial that removes the white sloop

oh h*ck
    Turkson wrote: »

Jumpmasters will get torpedoes back, but will have a different dial that removes the white sloop

I think if Miranda has a regen it will use a set number of charges then be out.

Turkson wrote: »

The dial will be more punishing the other way. Or the cost will be increased so its reasonable.

And fewer free mods that can't be negated with blocking plus predictable dial would go a long way to making it fair.

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    If TLT comes back, I think its power will be reduced.

I also noticed yesterday that T-65s have 4 hull now. A few other ships had increased hull as well, I believe.
    I'd bet money the HWK gets a 2 red die primary attack as well.

edited May 2018

I also noticed yesterday that T-65s have 4 hull now. A few other ships had increased hull as well, I believe.

Less Shields. They basically got Integrated Astromechs built into the card without the ejection part.

Apparently everyone got shield reductions.

Librarian's ghost on

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    T-65 with 4 hull, Barrel Roll, and 2-use Proton Torpedo makes me happy. With S-Foils being a virtually free upgrade, the X-Wing is starting to look competitive again.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page

Less Shields. They basically got Integrated Astromechs built into the card without the ejection part.

Apparently everyone got shield reductions.

T-65s have 3 hull and 2 shields currently. I believe the 2.0 version is 4 hull and 2 shields.

Decimator wirh reinforce, huh? Seems interesting.

edited May 2018
    Whee double posts

Polaritie on
    TIE Phantoms also look like they have 3 hull 2 shield now. Stygium Array is baseline on the ship but is sort of a hybrid between the old one and ACD (may perform an Evade when you decloak; spend an Evade token at the start of the End Phase to gain a Cloak token).

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    T-65 with 4 hull, Barrel Roll, and 2-use Proton Torpedo makes me happy. With S-Foils being a virtually free upgrade, the X-Wing is starting to look competitive again.

For those curious, the s-foils are a new upgrade type called a "configuration." So far the configs we have seen are dual sided cards where one side is standard and the other gives some ability at a tradeoff. They look baked into the ships. They could have point costs, maybe for certain pilots, but now that balance and ship design are nominally separate, I don't expect configs to have their own costs above the base ship.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    I saw the TIE-Advanced has Advanced Targeting Computer on the pilot card. Probably a good idea if everyone is going to equip a particular card anyway.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited May 2018
    Yeah! It lets you roll an additional die after rolling red dice, and change a hit to a crit if you have the defender locked. Slight nerf there (probably for the better).

I *think* I can see the little horizontal bar on the Duchess card as well. So I'm guessing Lightweight Frame will be baked into the Striker.
    I really like that they are adding these Must-Haves directly into the ships as well.

There's apparently more info from today's stream, but I haven't been able to watch at all.

crimsoncoyote on
    Nice, just got some questions about medium bases answered - I asked on Twitter to no reply, but another local gamer saw my question and asked it on stream today.

Medium based ships will use the large peg style. For those ships that are going from small to medium (like the K-wing), there will be an adapter that tapers appropriately.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I am definitely part of the problem, because I am queuing up some preorders on CoolStuff ... :D

Honestly, this sounds like a great upgrade.
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Are they giving the pre-order goodies? Not like I need to buy these since I have yet to play any of the game. Just asking for a "friend".

FYI, Guys - I asked CoolStuff, and they indicated that they didn't think they'd have the preorder bonus damage deck:
    We have limited information concerning the availability of this promotional item, but it will likely only be available through the publisher or through physical game stores.

Also from the Stream today.

Future re-releases of ships will have new cards not in the big conversion kits. However there will be ways for vet players to officially get those cards so we don't have to buy another full expansion with model.

So mini conversion expansion kits for each wave.

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Hope everyone saved their Proof-of-purchase tokens :P

Sokpuppet on
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Very good news.
    Miniature Market shipping seems more reasonable, but it occurs to me maybe I should ask the regular players at the tournament tomorrow.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    I preordered from FFG for the first time ever just for that damage deck.

I'd be tempted, but I'm not sure they'd ship here given the license thing.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I preordered from FFG for the first time ever just for that damage deck.

Is that the only way to get it? You can't get it preordering elsewhere?

If really rather support my FLGS but I'm a sucker for exclusives.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    The announcement said local stores I think.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Man, $50 to convert the ships I own to the new rules kinda eats at me. Like, I want to play but as soon as my local scene switches (which will be soon), I'm going to be trapped to online play online...

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I'm poking through the FAQs and stuff but my big question is this:

Does 2nd edition change having to buy miniatures just to get cards for the miniatures you actually want to use?

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Does 2nd edition change having to buy miniatures just to get cards for the miniatures you actually want to use?

I heard them mention on stream that you shouldn't have to buy outside your faction to get cards for your faction, so I guess the answer is "sort of"?

Edit: Although that might have been about the conversion kits...

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I heard them mention on stream that you shouldn't have to buy outside your faction to get cards for your faction, so I guess the answer is "sort of"?

Hm, I guess I will just have to wait and see for details then. That's my big turn off for the game and the main thing that lead to me shelving the game in the past. If that's gone I could see myself getting back into it. If not, I'll sadly be passing.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I don't think that will ever happen. The meta changes so much that for them to place the cards you want in the ships you want them with would require a ton of future-seering that's not possible unless you call Mrs. Cleo.

I'm guessing there won't be another situation where they release a must-have like Autothrusters on a single ship in a single faction.

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    They have gone hard on "You will no longer ever have to buy a ship from another faction in order to get cards" and "If you own all the ships of one faction, you will have everything"

So, you'll likely have to buy ships, but at least you may actually use them at some point?

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    I don't think that will ever happen. The meta changes so much that for them to place the cards you want in the ships you want them with would require a ton of future-seering that's not possible unless you call Mrs. Cleo.

I mean there are a lot of things that could change.

Include multiple copies of every upgrade with each ship.

Just let you use the app for upgrades.

Release separate card packs you can buy that collect all of the cards for every X number of waves, etc.

Hopefully they never do something as egregious as packing a huge upgrade exclusively with something like the Imperial Raider again.

Not having to buy ships from another faction would be a nice change (as mentioned earlier Autothrusters really stung to acquire).

I'll be cautiously optimistic for now but specific details would be grand.

All upgrades should be available from the app. Bundle the ships and pilots together.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page