As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sense8: Season 2 is out

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I guess I'm fine with shows being canceled, but if Netflix wants to continue to be successful they should tell their creators to write endings for their shows, and end them.

It's not like they didn't know Sense8 was crazy expensive to produce until now. I would have been perfectly fine with this being the final season, had the writers also known and handled it that way. Kinda the whole point of watching Netflix/Amazon shows is to get away from all the really stupid old sacred cows in Broadcast/Cable Television.

I don't think the statement is nonsense, I just think the statement is glued onto that article from a different context entirely. They don't need more flops, though. They need more one-and-done shows like The OA.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Ok so, Thomas Sanders is maybe gonna do a thing about it, also I called their feedback office and was like qq and they said they'd send me some thing where you can suggest to netflix that they add or renew a show so I'll pass that link along to y'all when it arrives

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest

Ok there is the thing

Also I left a comment on their June lineup video on fb, which is like 80% ppl mad about sense8 being canceled rn, which is good

Also this:

https://www.change.org/p/netflixlat-netflix-sense8-sense-8-season-3-renewal/w?promote_modal=true&source_location=after_sign

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I complained.

Honestly even if I can get a lower budget finale I'll be satisfied. I just want some resolution.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I complained.

Honestly even if I can get a lower budget finale I'll be satisfied. I just want some resolution.
    It's possible.
    The main cast is finally all in the same physical location.

sig.gif
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    The future of TV will include all of the mistakes of the past it seems.

What a shit way to end it.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    When will writers/producers learn that ending shows on a cliffhanger is the worst possible way to end a season? Even if you get renewed, the whole "Oh my god what happens next?!?!" thing doesn't happen anymore. People aren't on the edge of their seats. They're groaning because you took the easy way out by leaving plots unresolved. When has the beginning of a new season ever not had to struggle with resolving the dangling plotlines from a previous cliffhanger before it could get to the meat of the current season's arc?

Cliffhangers are bullshit. Stop doing them, writers.

God damn I'm angry at this shit.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    It's compounded by the fact they don't know if they're coming back. I'd like to think even though they're still into producing cliffhangers they wouldn't if they knew it was The End.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »
    When will writers/producers learn that ending shows on a cliffhanger is the worst possible way to end a season? Even if you get renewed, the whole "Oh my god what happens next?!?!" thing doesn't happen anymore. People aren't on the edge of their seats. They're groaning because you took the easy way out by leaving plots unresolved. When has the beginning of a new season ever not had to struggle with resolving the dangling plotlines from a previous cliffhanger before it could get to the meat of the current season's arc?

Terry Goodkind's novels (rightfully) get a fair amount of shit on these forums, but this is one thing he definitely was good at. Every novel had a satisfying end even if every plot point wasn't resolved.

Same thing with Stranger Things, I would be OK with that season 1 ending even though I really wanted more. (I even assumed that was it and that it was just a small contained story).

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »

Terry Goodkind's novels (rightfully) get a fair amount of shit on these forums, but this is one thing he definitely was good at. Every novel had a satisfying end even if every plot point wasn't resolved.

Same thing with Stranger Things, I would be OK with that season 1 ending even though I really wanted more. (I even assumed that was it and that it was just a small contained story).

Yes but Stranger Things is Horror-adjacent, and all Horror-adjacent things get away with cliffhanger endings being a proper, and intended, ending.

The kid spitting up a slug is a cliffhanger ending, but because that moment is squarely in Goosebumps/Are You Afraid of the Dark? territory, it gets a pass. Anyways, your point is valid, and I agree with it, just quibbling over your example.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Peccavi wrote: »

Yes but Stranger Things is Horror-adjacent, and all Horror-adjacent things get away with cliffhanger endings being a proper, and intended, ending.

The kid spitting up a slug is a cliffhanger ending, but because that moment is squarely in Goosebumps/Are You Afraid of the Dark? territory, it gets a pass. Anyways, your point is valid, and I agree with it, just quibbling over your example.

Yeah... we used to call them "open endings" back in the day. But there is an art to them that goes waaay beyond cutting to the credits right in the middle of a plot...

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Its on purpose. Its a threat to the networks (or Netflix in this case) saying "people will be even more pissed if you cancel us and they never find out the resolution"

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    It's gonna end with a dragonball z fight!

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    That is a fine way to do it. Don't need to drag in on for many seasons but at least give it an ending.

• Options
    They entire finale be in the van, except 1 scene where they retrieve you know who. Cost cutting, you know.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I'm sad we won't get the full plan that JMS probably laid out, but at least some closure will make me happy.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    My brother's birthday is May 24th. On May 25th I have tickets for us to go to a movie theater in Chicago where they'll be premiering the 2.5 hour Sense8 finale movie a couple weeks before it hits Netflix (June 8). There's going to be a cocktail hour with members of the cast and the Wachowskis before hand, and a 30 minute Q&A afterward. The money raised by the ticket sales will be benefiting EMILY's List.
    EMILY's List, the nation's largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $500 million to support pro-choice Democratic women candidates – making them one of the most successful political organizations ever. Our grassroots community of over five million members helps Democratic women wage competitive campaigns – and win. We recruit and train candidates, support strong campaigns, research the issues that impact women and families, and turn out women voters. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 116 women to the House, 23 to the Senate, 12 governors, and over 800 to state and local office. Forty percent of the candidates EMILY's List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Since the 2016 election, thousands of women and counting have reached out to us about running for office. To harness this energy, EMILY's List has launched Run to Win, an unprecedented effort to get more women to run at the local, state, and national levels.

Super excited about this.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    My brother's birthday is May 24th. On May 25th I have tickets for us to go to a movie theater in Chicago where they'll be premiering the 2.5 hour Sense8 finale movie a couple weeks before it hits Netflix (June 8). There's going to be a cocktail hour with members of the cast and the Wachowskis before hand, and a 30 minute Q&A afterward. The money raised by the ticket sales will be benefiting EMILY's List.
    EMILY's List, the nation's largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $500 million to support pro-choice Democratic women candidates – making them one of the most successful political organizations ever. Our grassroots community of over five million members helps Democratic women wage competitive campaigns – and win. We recruit and train candidates, support strong campaigns, research the issues that impact women and families, and turn out women voters. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 116 women to the House, 23 to the Senate, 12 governors, and over 800 to state and local office. Forty percent of the candidates EMILY's List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Since the 2016 election, thousands of women and counting have reached out to us about running for office. To harness this energy, EMILY's List has launched Run to Win, an unprecedented effort to get more women to run at the local, state, and national levels.

Super excited about this.

Holy shit! Holy shit!

Lana Wachowski, Tom Tykwer, Aleksander Hemon and assorted crew are here. And the actors who play Will, Wolfgang, Dani, Amanita, Bug, Rajan, Amanita's mom and Capheus. We got to meet everyone and took pictures with most. Everyone was very nice, but especially Freema, Tom Tykwer and Lana Wachowski who all talked with us at length. The movie starts in about 15 minutes, we're here with a sold out crowd of superfans and people are so happy and emotional that it seems like every two minutes someone gets overwhelmed and starts crying. This is amazing!

• Options
    OMG, spoilers!!!! :P

• Options
    We all had to pinky promise not to put any spoilers out though :P

We were told to go ahead and talk about how we felt about the finale though. So...I loved it. They have a lot of fun with so many characters in one physical location. So. Much. Fanservice. A little over the top at times. But there was already a ton of fanservice in season 2, so hey. Lots of emotional moments and satisfying conclusions. There were a lot of big laughs from the audience for some moments that I can't wait to talk about with people.

I'm looking forward to watching it again when it's on Netflix.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    A Wachowski production going a little over the top?

Who could have foreseen this? :P

• Options
    @Aphostile I assume somebody from Netflix was at that screening last night, but just in case I thought I'd mention that Lana made a point of encouraging fans to express thanks to Cindy Holland and Peter Friedlander for taking a chance on Sense8 in the first place and keeping it going as long as they did, rather than being angry with Netflix for canceling the show.

• Options
    Be angry they didn't think to use bluescreens for all these locations instead, keep costs down! :P

• Options
    Series finale hits Netflix tomorrow. Anybody want to guess at the final shot of the series? Who or what do you think will be on screen last?

Use spoiler tags if you do guess.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Series finale hits Netflix tomorrow. Anybody want to guess at the final shot of the series? Who or what do you think will be on screen last?

Use spoiler tags if you do guess.

I don't think it is a long shot to suggest that it will be
    all of them.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Well (finale):
    We were close...

They got me with Kala's gut shot, even though at the same time I was thinking she died fast/slow so it seemed off a little. And then of course they shock a stopped heart, but yay they all made it!

Chekov's rocket launcher. Probably everyone saw that coming.

And we'll just pretend that without the chairman BPO falls apart!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Finale:
    Really, really enjoyed the first half/3/4s.

Happy to see all the regular human supporting cast getting a chance to shine. Lito is a hack (that frenchman disguise, all he needed was a necklace of garlic to go full stereotype, but it was kinda adorable.)

With the bus attack things fell a little apart to me (it was just a stupid, stupid plan and the cast was only saved because the other gunmen were all the worst shots ever and the cars are all completely bulletproof).

Also please movies en TV, stop telling people to shock a flatline. Especially with non-medical equipment (but even with medical equipment, don't do it).

Things returned to better after that whole battle and I was satisfied with the ending.

I assume the rest of Lila's cluster will want revenge now (don't think they all died or did I miss something?), but for the rest everything seems resolved.

edit as for Ketar's bet/question:
    Don't think anybody will guess it.

Dizzy D on
    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Haven't watched the finale yet. Is it good?

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I liked it, got some minor issues near the end with it, but overall positive.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    If you liked the show you'll like the finale. As said, it's not perfect, but does the job.

• Options
    Thanks for the thoughts. I figure I'll have some issues with it, and want more, but hAve loved everything about the show. Wish more people would have watched it, but I know my parents for example wouldn't be able to get past all the sex. An amazing show though.

• Options
    I'd say it was doomed from the start just from the cost probably. Not likely they'd ever get the numbers to cover it long term.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    There was a lot of padding to stretch this into a "movie" instead of the 2 episodes it really should have been. There was a lot of connective tissue between the actual important scenes that we didn't need. But it was a satisfying conclusion to the story. And really, all I really wanted was another orgy with this cast.

• Options
    There was a lot of padding to stretch this into a "movie" instead of the 2 episodes it really should have been. There was a lot of connective tissue between the actual important scenes that we didn't need. But it was a satisfying conclusion to the story. And really, all I really wanted was another orgy with this cast.

The orgy''s are why I had a hard time recommending it to people. I thought they were beutifil, artsy, and honestly helped expand my mind. I am all for people doing their thing, but must admit at time's I haven't exactly enjoyed gay male interactions in my cinema.

The orgies and scenes with Lito and his lover were just amazing to watch. I thought Naomi was beutiful and played by a born female. Her scenes with her GF are some of my favorite.

I dunno, it was a powerful and eye opening show. And even as someone that's all for LGBT rights it still opened my eyes and expanfed my mind.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I said this somewhere else, but it was kind of hilarious that even though everyone was in the same physical location, they all still hung out in everyone else's head.

SUPRISE MOTHAFUCKA~! more than once.

Unrelated.
    Also Kala not really making a decision about the men her life, but then getting the most open-minded husband in the world and also a bisexual boyfriend was... well I'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week, I guess.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    RickRude wrote: »

I thought Naomi was beutiful and played by a born female.

Sorry, I'm not too sure what you mean by this and if you're talking about Nomi? I sincerely apologise if I have misunderstood what you have said, but the actress for Nomi (Jamie Clayton) is a transgender woman. It's terrific for representation which is why I wanted to clarify.

Edit: I just finished it. Not perfect by any stretch and I agree with the above comments. But I really really liked it and I feel like it's important TV - if such a thing exists. I'm thrilled that we got to have a conclusion to the story.

It caught me completely by surprise! I had no idea it was airing until tonight.

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    I said this somewhere else, but it was kind of hilarious that even though everyone was in the same physical location, they all still hung out in everyone else's head.

SUPRISE MOTHAFUCKA~! more than once.

Unrelated.
    Also Kala not really making a decision about the men her life, but then getting the most open-minded husband in the world and also a bisexual boyfriend was... well I'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week, I guess.

Yeah, that was a bit fairy tale ending, but so was
    Nomi's mom eating some pot brownies and doing a total 180 on the spot. Not like she was just disapproving, she had her chained to a hospital bed remember?! But on the other hand happy endings are the best.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Finale spoilers
    I kinda wonder if, with the fact the fans were what got them the finale, they felt the need to make it a super happy ending? It was a lot more 'and they all lived happily ever after' than I remembered.

I was expecting at least one in-cluster death, and at least a couple of the support crew to bite it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185