As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legal Eagle [Phalla] - IT'S OVER - VILLAGE VICTORY

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    TIME FOR A VOTE SWING!
    literally killing me. figuratively.

Just wait til Mamawolf figuratively kills you literally.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    I took a late lunch today, just to sit here and refresh my phone.

And I still have no idea what I'm doing

It's cool, I've been here from the start and I'm not doing much better!

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    Popcorn.gif

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Voting is closed. Narration on it's way.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    TIME FOR A VOTE SWING!
    I was absolutely certain it was gonna be me, not you, yesterday.

But today it's 100% gonna be me, c'mon now. I never live past day 3 as village.

• Options
    TIME FOR A VOTE SWING!
    I was absolutely certain it was gonna be me, not you, yesterday.

But today it's 100% gonna be me, c'mon now. I never live past day 3 as village.

I don’t think it’s easy for them to target judges.

Like, they can do it, but it costs an extra action or something or can only do it so many times per game.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Well, maybe they haven't needed to yet.

• Options
    I will say that people should take a look back at day 0 and see who pushed the late wagon to get Mamawolf elected a judge. There may be some fruitful picking ga there.

• Options
    I also wonder if the mafia will find a way to shut me up permenantly tonight...

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Would they be they brazen

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    OK, general village announcement!

That bribery power? It's a village power! Rather, at least one villager has that power because I have that power and I am a villager. But I didn't use it on Day 1, or Day2, but I used it today! So let's see how that works out for me.

And if I have that power, but I didn't use it on Day 1, but someone DID use it on Day 1... that means at least two people have that power!

Yeah, there are multiple copies of minor powers. Keep that in mind after I'm gone.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    @JPants why didn't you vote

I could have sworn I voted red in my election vote post.

Sorry for he accidental inactivity, won't happen again!

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

That bribery power? It's a village power! Rather, at least one villager has that power because I have that power and I am a villager. But I didn't use it on Day 1, or Day2, but I used it today! So let's see how that works out for me.

And if I have that power, but I didn't use it on Day 1, but someone DID use it on Day 1... that means at least two people have that power!

Yeah, there are multiple copies of minor powers. Keep that in mind after I'm gone.

I mean...you’ll still be able to talk. No need to blab stuff prematurely.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

Listen we're safe in here behind these bars. Not stuck out there with those... animals. It's like a country club with better security.

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »

I mean...you’ll still be able to talk. No need to blab stuff prematurely.

Just because that has been the case so far doesn’t mean that it will continue to be so.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Fwiw, if I were mafia, if be arguing to keep jdarksun alive.

The longer he lives without any target on him, the more trust the village loses

• Options
    Ok so ZH didn't vote or do anything today.
    Despite being able.
    Looking more and more like Mamawolf tried to save him.

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »

Listen we're safe in here behind these bars. Not stuck out there with those... animals. It's like a country club with better security.

They managed t convince people I watch VanderPump Rules. They can do ANYTHING....

• Options

Just to play devils advocate for a moment, just because you have the power as a villager, doesn’t mean the mafia can’t also have the same power.

• Options
    Fwiw, if I were mafia, if be arguing to keep jdarksun alive.

The longer he lives without any target on him, the more trust the village loses

I mean, I usually lose these arguments. But I'd still be doing them. So far.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    The Court has issued the following opinions:

People v. PsychoCucumber
    Index number 03-10

Defendant PsychoCucumber has been charged with two counts of uttering threats. The court viewed two YouTube videos posted by the defendant in which they stated that they would “take down the Deep State single-handedly, starting with Joe in accounting” and that they would “suplex my neighbor Greta if she keeps on letting her dog poop on my lawn.” While we do not condone a pet owner allowing their pet to defecate on another person’s property, the fact of the matter is that both videos clearly demonstrate the defendant threatening bodily harm to another person. The law does not allow this.

The court therefore finds PsychoCucumber guilty by a count of 3-0.

People v. Brody
    Index number 03-11

Defendant Brody has been charged with one count of fraud. The prosecution presented evidence that Brody had created a shell corporation which allegedly provided consulting services to regional theater groups in the northeastern United States. Most significantly, the prosecution called a parade of regional theater directors, all of whom testified that the shell corporation did not provide any services whatsoever, other than to repeatedly proclaim that they should make their productions “more like Hamilton.” The defendant, testifying on their own behalf, claimed that the advice was legitimate because Hamilton is a “cultural phenomenon.” While the court does not disagree regarding the status of Hamilton, there is only one Lin-Manuel Miranda, and no reasonable person could consider an advice to be “more like Hamilton” to be legitimate. No actual consulting services were provided.

The court therefore finds Brody guilty by a count of 3-0.

In re Zombie Hero
    Index number 03-01
    Freedom of Information Act

Petitioner brought this action under the Freedom of Information Act seeking information regarding the employment history of Zombie Hero. There being no opposition, the court grants this action by a count of 3-0.

Zombie Hero is a partner in the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham & Howe, LLP.

In re discrider
    Index number 03-02

In re discrider
    Index number 03-05

In re discrider
    Index number 03-06

In re discrider (civil action)
    Index number 3-14

These actions were considered together. Petitioners brought these actions under the Freedom of Information Act seeking information regarding the employment history of discrider. Unfortunately, evidence was presented to the court by an attorney that the filings made were still not in compliance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act. The actions must therefore be dismissed, without prejudice.

In re JusticeforPluto
    Index number 03-03

In re JusticeforPluto (civil action)
    Index number 3-12

These actions were considered together. Petitioners brought these actions under the Freedom of Information Act seeking information regarding the employment history of JusticeforPluto. There being no opposition, the court grants each action by a count of 3-0.

JusticeforPluto is a member of a limited liability partnership.

In re SaberOverEasy
    Index number 03-04

In re SaberOverEasy (civil action)
    Index number 3-13

These actions were considered together. Petitioners brought these actions under the Freedom of Information Act seeking information regarding the employment history of SaberOverEasy. There being no opposition, the court grants each action by a count of 3-0.

SaberOverEasy is a solo practitioner.

In re Green
    Index number 03-07
    Writ of Mandamus

Petitioner seeks a Writ of Mandamus compelling respondent Green's first post of each day to require them to give their impressions and thoughts about each remaining player that has not been disbarred or convicted. Additionally, the Petitioner seeks to impose conditions on this writ, such that these thoughts and impressions must be at least one sentence, clause, or bullet point long, and denoting the lack of a thought or impression is not a valid response. Petitioner argues in support of their petition that compelling such impressions and thoughts only benefits the community, as an open and forthright discussion is the only way to preserve free speech. Respondent argues that compelling speech is just as much an infringement on his right to free speech as prohibiting speech; in other words, that the right to free speech encompasses the right not to speak. We find the respondent’s argument unavailing. The requirements placed on this writ are de minimis, such that, even were we to take the respondent’s argument as correct, the effect on his “right to not speak” would be harmless. The court therefore grants this action by a count of 3-0.

In re MrTLicious
    Index number 03-08
    Writ of Mandamus

In re MrTLicious
    Index number 03-09
    Writ of Mandamus

These actions were considered together. Petitioners bring writs that are substantially similar to those the court considered in In re PsychoCucumber, Index number 02-11 and In re PsychoCucumber, Index number 02-12. On that prior occasion, the court granted the writs and therefore, based on our prior precedent, the writs presented herein are similarly granted by a count of 3-0.

The Court has declined to hear the following actions, all of which are dismissed without prejudice:
    None.

The following federal filing was made:
    People v. jdarksun
    Defendant jdarksun has, by way of grand jury indictment, been accused of violating section 2342(a) of Title 18 of the United States code. An agent of the FBI testified before a jury that the defendant attempted to sell to him approximately 50,000 cigarettes which did not bear a stamp from the state indicating that tax had been paid on those cigarettes. The prosecution also presented a series of bank statements for the defendant, demonstrating several large cash withdrawals over several months. The defendant testified that they purchased the cigarettes on an Indian reservation, thus exempting the cigarettes from the stamp requirement. The defendant could offer no proof, however, that they had ever set foot upon a designated Indian reservation, nor could he provide any receipts for the purchase of the cigarettes. The defendant also could not adequately explain the cash withdrawals. The jury’s verdict of guilty was therefore appropriate.

The following players have been disbarred:
    MamaWolf

The following players have been convicted:
    PsychoCucumber
    Brody
    jdarksun

The following players have been elected as Judges for Day Four:
    Gizzy
    kime
    LostNinja

The following players have been elected as District Attorneys for Day Four:
    38thDoe
    JPants

Day Four begins now, and will end at 9 PM EDT tomorrow. Players are advised that they must make a vote for disbarment, and that there will be elections for Judges and District Attorneys.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Inactivity warnings for @kime and @JPants for not voting.

• Options
    Kuhlmeye

• Options
    <hands jdark a beer>

• Options
    @JusticeforPluto , your mason must be village right?

• Options
    Kuhlmeye

I wish I had been around day 1 to vote for you! :biggrin:

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    mason .. that's the word
    not twinsies

man my brain is fried today

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Not that you need to reveal them yet.

• Options
    So far I have not received any mysterious letters .. and the vote counts look accurate. I think I was finally not bribed.

• Options
    Gizzy, can you let us know which DA offered up who?

• Options
    And any other pertinent information from your, jdark and Mafiawolf's judgin discussions?

• Options
    Ok so. 1pm vote close.

Why am I voting to disbar kuhlmeye @discrider ?

Because they're contributing minimally, loudly declaring that they're doing -ineffectual- action, giving no reasons for votes, jumping immediately onto mafia actions as if they had foresight, and suggesting bad courses of behaviour to the village.

So, when you say ineffectual here, you mean foia attempts yes? Of which now 6 against you have failed. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I see 2 options...
    1. Someone has blocked foia attempts against you 2 days in a row. If it was was village I don't know why they would do that, if it's mafia they sure do like you a lot.
    2. You have some innate ability that blocks foia attempts.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Were there any bribes last night? I could see one villager and one mafia sharing that ability.

Looking at ZH’s title, it would appear that the mafia is corporate lawyers and the Mamawolf was a SK (bad luck getting that two games in a row).

So now the question remains, what the fuck is the mafia’s wincon? Eliminating the village would be tough without any controlled kills. Relying on controlling the court seems like a stretch as that would be more difficult the more the game progresses and the lower their numbers become.

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    So far I have not received any mysterious letters .. and the vote counts look accurate. I think I was finally not bribed.

ZH died, so it's possible that bribe power died with him.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular

I indicted psychocucumber, as I wished to force the mafia's hand at using an ability (assuming he was mafia). I don't actually know how that panned out yet though.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Ok so. 1pm vote close.

Because they're contributing minimally, loudly declaring that they're doing -ineffectual- action, giving no reasons for votes, jumping immediately onto mafia actions as if they had foresight, and suggesting bad courses of behaviour to the village.

So, when you say ineffectual here, you mean foia attempts yes? Of which now 6 against you have failed. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I see 2 options...
    1. Someone has blocked foia attempts against you 2 days in a row. If it was was village I don't know why they would do that, if it's mafia they sure do like you a lot.

Disc, I'm a bit curious as well here. I find it hard to believe that in any world where the mafia could hide alignment they'd choose to keep yours a secret over ZH's.

Do you have something that you would like to tell the rest of the class?

• Options

SirFab -> PsychoCucumber
    38thdoe -> Brody

• Options
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Ok so. 1pm vote close.

The mafia are continuing to try and discredit me.

You're going to have to try harder than that kuhlmeye

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Who has been pushing for multiple foi requests on the same person? It seems like those people have been wasting villager lawsuits for two days now.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    I have no powers for what it's worth.
    Otherwise I would not have killed myself day 1.