As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legal Eagle [Phalla] - IT'S OVER - VILLAGE VICTORY

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is going to be denied but...

In regards to Post 1 Section 4 Sentence 1 "Each night, any player may either use a special ability or bring an action. Not every role will necessarily have a special ability." are the abilites granted to mafia members under this same restrictions as village?

Clarification Denied

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Yeah I’m leaning towards it not being an ability as well.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    So much speculation, this is going to be an interesting reveal. If I am right on how mafia powers work, they can't bribe anymore. If SaberOverEasy is right they can pull from a list and trying to track who can do what is impossible.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I don't think a DA could swap out their action last minute, unless they specifically did not want the judges to vote on it.
    So perhaps a double-bribe could happen, but I don't see why that wouldn't happen on other nights on like kime.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    The Court has issued the following opinions:

People v. Sir Fabulous
    Index number 04-04

Defendant Sir Fabulous has been charged with one count of false advertising. This case involves a billboard allegedly bought by the defendant, in which they advertise the following: “Works on Contingency/No Money Down.” Several prospective clients made complaints to the state, noting that in fact the defendant did require money down and never worked on contingency. The defendant stated in their defense that the billboard is a misprint, and should instead have read, “Works on Contingency? No, Money Down!” The prosecution presented evidence, however, demonstrating that the text of the billboard accurately reflects what the defendant sent to the printer prior to the billboard being erected.

The court therefore finds Sir Fabulous guilty by a count of 3-0.

People v. Gizzy
    Index number 04-12

Defendant Gizzy has been charged with four counts of burglary. The court finds the allegations completely without merit.

The court therefore finds Gizzy not guilty by a count of 3-0.

In re MamaWolf
    Index number 04-01
    Freedom of Information Act

In re MamaWolf
    Index number 04-03

These actions were decided together. Petitioners brought these actions under the Freedom of Information Act seeking information regarding the employment history of MamaWolf. There being no opposition, the court grants these actions by a count of 3-0.

MamaWolf was a federal prosecutor.

In re jdarksun
    Index number 04-02

In re jdarksun
    Index number 04-11

These actions were considered together. Petitioners brought these actions under the Freedom of Information Act seeking information regarding the employment history of jdarksun. There being no opposition, the court grants these actions by a count of 3-0.

jdarksun is a political donor.

In re PsychoCucumber
    Index number 04-05

In re PsychoCucumber
    Index number 04-09

These actions were decided together. Petitioners brought these action under the Freedom of Information Act seeking information regarding the employment history of PsychoCucumber. There being no opposition, the court grants these actions by a count of 3-0.

PsychoCucumber is a solo practitioner.

In re Brody
    Index number 04-06

Petitioner brought this action under the Freedom of Information Act seeking information regarding the employment history of Brody. There being no opposition, the court grants this action by a count of 3-0.

Brody is a defense attorney.

In re Sir Fabulous
    Index number 04-08
    Temporary Injunction

Petitioner brought this action seeking a temporary injunction prohibiting respondent Sir Fabulous from bringing an action or using a special ability that would prevent the release of information to the village including, but not limited to, FOIA requests. The court, having already convicted the respondent, sees no reason to deny the temporary injunction. The court grants this action by a count of 3-0.

In re discrider
    Index number 04-10

Petitioner brought this action under the Freedom of Information Act seeking information regarding the employment history of discrider. There being no opposition, the court grants this action by a count of 3-0.

discrider is a solo practitioner.

The Court has declined to hear the following actions, all of which are dismissed without prejudice:
    None.

The following federal filing was made:
    People v. JaysonFour
    Defendant JaysonFour has, by way of grand jury indictment, been accused of violating section 1654 of Title 18 of the United States code. Arr, he be a pirate! The jury found him guilty.

The following players have been disbarred:
    Green

The following players have been convicted:
    Sir Fabulous
    JaysonFour

The following players have been elected as Judges for Day Five:
    kime
    Gizzy
    LostNinja

The following players have been elected as District Attorneys for Day Five:
    38thDoe
    JPants

Day Five begins now, and will end at 9 PM EDT tomorrow. Players are advised that they must make a vote for disbarment, and that there will be elections for Judges and District Attorneys.

Locus on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Assuming jdark is village, I think Preda is as well.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The heck

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    well that played out differently than i imagined

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    The continued existence of the federal kill and the lack of any actions definitely by the red mafia is weird

Steam profile
  • Options
    Chamberlain

• Options
    chamberlain

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Gizzy wrote: »
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    well chamberlain is definitely mafia .. you should all vote for him

And 38th?

Not sure if he retracted him own submission, or if it was an outside mafia ability

If he retracted, another judge would have had to convict

Can a bribe switch a no vote to convict?

@jdarksun

You can coerce a Judge into voting whatever way you want on an Index.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    The continued existence of the federal kill and the lack of any actions definitely by the red mafia is weird
    There are multiple opposing factions at play, I think.

• Options
    Gizzy and Kime, has you both already voted on the Chamberlain case? If so then it would have had to have been an ability that forces the switch.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Did the judges actually vote on the Gizzy case? Or did it just assume they would vote no?

• Options
    Gizzy and Kime, has you both already voted on the Chamberlain case? If so then it would have had to have been an ability that forces the switch.

I did

Steam profile
  • Options
    I had already voted

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    Did the judges actually vote on the Gizzy case? Or did it just assume they would vote no?

I didn't get a chance to vote on my own case

• Options
    So it does sound like 38th pulled down the chamberlain one?

• Options
    A no-vote is a vote to acquit; That case was swapped and the judges had no chance to vote on it, so everyone voted to acquit.

This being the case, I have complete faith in our bench, and 38th doesn't seem like one to throw himself in the fire for no reason.

• Options
    its been a long day, I'm gonna go play some God of War and come back in a couple hours

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Welp. That went kind of differently than I expected. Figured I’d try to help out, try to network for once... sheesh.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    kime Gizzy Lostninja
    38th Jpants

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    I....

Can someone tell me what just happened?

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    So it does sound like 38th pulled down the chamberlain one?

The other night lostninja tried to pull the submission on kime and submit brody - and wasn't allowed. I'm not sure what the exact timing on that was.
    Other people have had their last minute writ swaps not go through .. I had someone tonight tell me 10 min before close they tried to change theirs and it wasn't allowed (though maybe b/c we had all voted on it by then)

• Options
    [

I did
    I had already voted

This indicates that it was an ability, not 38th as a DA can’t retract it after we had all three voted.

So definitely Chamberlain

• Options
    I....

shenanigans to save chamberlain

• Options
    I'm still really surprised they didn't bribe me to convict myself .. or bribe one of the other judges to convict me

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    ....Told y'all I was being truthful.....

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    I....

shenanigans to save chamberlain

Got it.

Aside from shenanigans, is there anything else Thai stew mafianess?

• Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »

The continued prescience of that federal kill makes me think you may have left a detail or two out.

• Options
    [

I did
    I had already voted

This indicates that it was an ability, not 38th as a DA can’t retract it after we had all three voted.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that each other have voted? Is there a provosts or do you vote by PM?

• Options
    vote by PM

• Options
    [

I did
    I had already voted

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that each other have voted? Is there a provosts or do you vote by PM?

There is no proof, so this is not proof either. Someone could be lying

Steam profile
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

The continued prescience of that federal kill makes me think you may have left a detail or two out.

With me being disbarred, I wouldn't have been able to use my ability last night. So, there's that.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options

It does seem like the case has become more frivolous, so I fear it is the mafia's kill now.

• Options

With me being disbarred, I wouldn't have been able to use my ability last night. So, there's that.

That doesn’t mean you don’t have friends Mama :)

• Options
    [

I did
    I had already voted

Vote by PM, so it’s possible one of us is lying about voting, but as late as the order came in they would have risked abstaining. Also the way the vote was automatically 3-0 for innocence makes it seem more like an ability as well.

• Options
    [

I did
    I had already voted

There is no proof, so this is not proof either. Someone could be lying

So it is theoretically possible that one of the judges didn’t actually vote on the motion, and the DA changed it at the last minute, right?

• Options

Presumably

Steam profile